March 22, 2019, 02:09:12 AM

Author Topic: 1.2M Won to spend on summer camp  (Read 875 times)

Offline jgaz

• Newgookin
1.2M Won to spend on summer camp
« on: May 28, 2018, 08:36:26 AM »
I'm teaching two weeks of summer camp, 5 days with 3/4 grade and 5 days with 5/6 grade elementary school students. I have 600,000 won for each week to spend but most ideas I've read are centered around low-budget camps. My coteacher is saying I should find a way to spend all the money. Each week will be around 15-20 mostly low-level students. Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Offline hightowerra

• Waygookin
Re: 1.2M Won to spend on summer camp
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 09:16:33 AM »
My coteacher and I had almost the same budget last year for our camp as well, but our camp was a pretty low budget one too. We ended up spending most of the money on snacks for the kids to eat during their breaks which ended up working out great because they never complained about being hungry (which usually happens during normal classes). We also bought just general things for our classroom too, stuff that could be for camp if the school asked but wasn't necessarily for camp (colored pencils, folders, candy for prizes, etc.).

Offline Pennypie

• Expert Waygook
Re: 1.2M Won to spend on summer camp
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 10:28:51 AM »
I'm teaching two weeks of summer camp, 5 days with 3/4 grade and 5 days with 5/6 grade elementary school students. I have 600,000 won for each week to spend but most ideas I've read are centered around low-budget camps. My coteacher is saying I should find a way to spend all the money. Each week will be around 15-20 mostly low-level students. Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

We had a budget like this once so we bought loads of premade "DIY kits" for the kids. If you ask your coteacher she'll know what they are.

It basically means you can make stuff / do crafts without prepping for each individual student. We made fidget spinners (All came in one bag ready to give to the students. We just had to make the PPT)

Another time we did painting by numbers (Canvas boards with all the paints ready)

It was great. The kids loved it and we didn't have to prep much for those days, usually craft days are the worst but it made it so easy.

Honestly, use it to make camp as easy as possible for you.

Loads of snacks, DIY kits, board games/card games.  ;D