May 24, 2018, 04:27:02 AM

Author Topic: Foreigners and Pets  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
Re: Foreigners and Pets
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2018, 05:42:49 PM »
Fact is, you just sound like you don't like animals and that's totally cool too. But you're going about this in a really egotistical and arrogant way. And that's the uncool part.

Fact is, the point I was making is clearly over your head.  What’s really “uncool” is your simplistic reduction of argument and clear pivot straight toward an ad hominem fallacy.  Sad.

I like how out of everyone here and the rest of my argument, you took me saying "cool" and "uncool" so hard you had to reply literally only to that and call it sad.

Sad.

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2018, 05:44:46 PM »
I haven't had boshintang for a while. If anybody has a dog they need adopting, shoot me a PM.

Must be less than 20% body fat.

Offline Hodor314

• Adventurer
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2018, 05:49:14 PM »
Fact is, you just sound like you don't like animals and that's totally cool too. But you're going about this in a really egotistical and arrogant way. And that's the uncool part.

Fact is, the point I was making is clearly over your head.  What’s really “uncool” is your simplistic reduction of argument and clear pivot straight toward an ad hominem fallacy.  Sad.

I like how out of everyone here and the rest of my argument, you took me saying "cool" and "uncool" so hard you had to reply literally only to that and call it sad.

Sad.

And that is why using an ad hominem at the end of your argument delegitimizes and voids every point you've made prior.  Glad you picked up on that.  But you're right, I should reply to more posts, thanks.

Offline Hodor314

• Adventurer
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2018, 05:51:01 PM »
I don't have a pet here, and wouldn't want to get one and leave it alone in the apartment all day. Gotta say though, this long, late night post says a lot more about you than these pet owners you are projecting onto.

...8:39 PM is considered late?  :huh:  죄송합니다 할머니, I will try to post earlier next time.  Fighting!

Offline Hodor314

• Adventurer
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2018, 05:53:18 PM »
Instead of killing animals on the street, which there are many things wrong with that but sanitation being one if we ignore personal morality here, isn't going to fix a broken food system.
Who said on the street? Round them up and take em to some local butchery/processing

Point, Mr. DeMartino.

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2018, 05:55:19 PM »
Instead of killing animals on the street, which there are many things wrong with that but sanitation being one if we ignore personal morality here, isn't going to fix a broken food system.
Who said on the street? Round them up and take em to some local butchery/processing

Point, Mr. DeMartino.

Actually to reply to this you misunderstood me, both of you haha

I didn't mean "kill them on the street" I meant "animals from the street" and sanitation meaning diseases and parasites that strays and ferals quite often have.

And btw Hodor I don't have any issue with you on a personal level.

Offline Hodor314

• Adventurer
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2018, 05:58:19 PM »
OP: Wow, that was one lengthy bitter tirade.  The fact that you've thought that much about what's involved with foreigners owning a pet, ironically suggests that you are in deep need of companionship.

Was it really THAT long?  :rolleyes: Can’t one have companionship AND deep thoughts?  Not everyone finds a companion and automatically empties their skull of all thought and reflection.  You'd be amazed at the arguments and reasoning you can think of while walking down a stank-ass hallway every day.

Offline Hodor314

• Adventurer
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2018, 06:02:09 PM »

Point, Mr. DeMartino.

Actually to reply to this you misunderstood me, both of you haha

I didn't mean "kill them on the street" I meant "animals from the street" and sanitation meaning diseases and parasites that strays and ferals quite often have.

And btw Hodor I don't have any issue with you on a personal level.

Neither I, you Bingsu.   8)

However, if this is the case, which it seems to be.. The point awarded for brilliant trolling has been hereby revoked and the match deemed a forfeiture from both sides.  Better luck next time.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2018, 06:04:16 PM »
My wife has always had a dog. When we moved here, our elderly (8 yo) Bernesse Mountain Dog went to live with my SIL.
We saw a dog as being not compatible with our expat adventure (more so for a 80 lb lap-dog!)
Small apartment, contract uncertainty, no off-leash outdoor time, and vacation travel considerations have stopped us from getting a dog here. The new muzzle laws make us glad we resisted.

The other issue the OP brings up is important too - there is a risk of becoming a "crazy cat lady/gent" if the pet replaces human companionship.

Even introverts need *some* human contact outside of work.

Offline Hodor314

• Adventurer
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2018, 06:05:16 PM »
OP i loved this. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, Bulgogi.  More coming.  Perhaps.

Offline Hodor314

• Adventurer
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2018, 06:08:51 PM »
It's totally cool to get a pet here if you're responsible. Now having the hallway on your floor smell like sh*t is a big nono.

Update: the guy sprayed Axe(?) up and down the hallway today.  I mean, I didn't see him do it.. it could have been one of my other neighbors. Not sure if it's worse or better.

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2018, 06:30:17 PM »
‘Foreigners AS Pets’ might have made for an interesting thread.

Offline ESLTurtle

• Veteran
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2018, 08:08:54 PM »

"Donovan the d*ckhead" might have made for an interesting thread.  8)

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2018, 08:31:32 PM »

8)

Hi, Turtle. Nice to meet you.

Not sure what I did to deserve that, but if you don’t mind, I prefer the term ‘gammon’.

Perhaps something I said during one of your previous incarnations? :afro: :afro: :afro:

Start her up; I’d be curious to see what kind of responses that might get, too.

Offline ESLTurtle

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2018, 08:37:32 PM »

8)

Not sure what I did to deserve that, but if you don’t mind, I prefer the term ‘gammon’.

Perhaps something I said during one of your previous incarnations? :afro: :afro: :afro:

:rolleyes:

Well you're quite the character, aren't you?  :undecided:

Why do you want to be addressed as `gammon` ?  8)

Online dippedinblush

• Adventurer
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2018, 10:13:38 PM »

8)

:rolleyes:

Well you're quite the character, aren't you?  :undecided:

Why do you want to be addressed as `gammon` ?  8)

****...Is this going to be some kind of sausage showdown?  **** me....This forum is already a sausage party.

Whomever has the spicy mustard wins.....
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 10:16:59 PM by dippedinblush »

Offline donovan

• The Legend
  • 후레쉬
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2018, 10:41:00 PM »
Don’t worry, alls I got is French’s, and it’s not going anywhere near sausage; I’m saving it for a nice ham mustard glaze.

Still baffled, but I’ll leave it at that~

Offline Rumbledy Hump

• Super Waygook
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2018, 09:18:31 AM »
OP please share more of your deep thoughts. I want more.
But how do I know what to lick and what not to lick?

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/