March 25, 2019, 05:51:48 AM

Author Topic: Rosa Parks is Turning Her Grave  (Read 3492 times)

Offline eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
Re: Rosa Parks is Turning Her Grave
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2018, 05:48:09 PM »
Another incident to get butthurt about:

Of course, she lost her job over this.

If he followed her into the building without using his card, she was justified in checking he was really a tenant. The whole point of having key cards is to stop people from walking in off the street, isn't it? He cold have shown her his card, told her what his flat number was and it all could have been avoided.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2018, 08:44:24 PM »
Taking incidents like these and using them as a broad indicator is as problematic as someone posting some "knockout game" video or whatever.

Offline eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2018, 07:33:27 AM »
Apparently she was following orders from the condo association not to let anyone in she didn't know without a key fob.

https://www.indy100.com/article/hilary-thornton-darreion-toles-st-louis-racist-key-fob-kelly-apartment-patty-8589746

So I guess the message for white people is just never question why any black people are anywhere you think they shouldn't be. If you want to keep your job, just let them roam free.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 08:00:59 AM by eggieguffer »

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2018, 08:02:50 AM »
It sounds like Megyn Kelly will be out of a job soon too for questioning whether blackface on Halloween is really racist.

"What is racist?" Kelly asked Tuesday in a conversation with other panelists on her show. "Truly, you do get in trouble if you are a white person who puts on blackface for Halloween, or a black person who put on whiteface for Halloween. When I was a kid, it was OK as long as you were dressing up as, like, a character."
https://www.npr.org/2018/10/25/660644000/megyn-kelly-out-at-nbc-after-blackface-remarks

Maybe Fox News will take her back though I've heard she isn't very popular with them either.

Online waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2018, 09:10:17 AM »

So I guess the message for white people is just never question why any black people are anywhere you think they shouldn't be. If you want to keep your job, just let them roam free.

It's actually very sad that you don't see the irony in this statement.

Offline eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2018, 10:10:28 AM »

It's actually very sad that you don't see the irony in this statement.

Let me guess, has it got something to do with slavery?

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2018, 10:30:04 AM »
Slavery and segregation are in the past. The real irony is that the more time passes the more sensitive and easily offended people become.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2018, 10:36:18 AM »
This is a perfect example of how insane some people are. If I wore lederhosen and clogs, would anyone care? No.

It says a lot about someone when they feel the need to protect Mexicans from this stuff. They must pity and think that Mexicans lives are so shitty that THEY have to step in to protect them. Most Mexicans just want to work, have a SO and have some beers.................. like everyone else on Earth.

The joys of fauxtherhood

Online waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2018, 10:36:37 AM »
Perhaps you should start asking Jews to identify themselves wherever they're in a place you think they don't belong. Yellow stars? Because that was in the past and doesn't matter anymore...right?

How about any random Korean in your building start demanding you prove to them that you belong there, then they follow you to your door and call the police on you after they see you open your own door.

Let's see how long it would take you to start a ranting thread on Waygook.

Offline eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2018, 10:43:58 AM »
Perhaps you should start asking Jews to identify themselves wherever they're in a place you think they don't belong. Yellow stars? Because that was in the past and doesn't matter anymore...right?

How about any random Korean in your building start demanding you prove to them that you belong there, then they follow you to your door and call the police on you after they see you open your own door.

Let's see how long it would take you to start a ranting thread on Waygook.

Do you really think the condo association told its tenants specifically to stop black people entering the building without a key fob, rather than just telling them to question anyone? 

Online waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2018, 11:48:04 AM »
I really think the condo didn't tell their tenants to police each other, and that the woman made it up...just like she was bullshitting when she claimed he was uncomfortable, while continuing to follow him and harass him.

If I lived in an upscale apartment building, and the management asked me to question other people whether they belonged there or not, I'd ask them where my maintenance money is being spent when they could simply hire security.

And all of this is before we even start to comprehend the fact that she called the police on him AFTER he demonstrated he lived there by entering his own flat.

But keep trying with the mental gymnastics.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2018, 11:56:05 AM »
I really think the condo didn't tell their tenants to police each other, and that the woman made it up...just like she was bullshitting when she claimed he was uncomfortable, while continuing to follow him and harass him.

If I lived in an upscale apartment building, and the management asked me to question other people whether they belonged there or not, I'd ask them where my maintenance money is being spent when they could simply hire security.

And all of this is before we even start to comprehend the fact that she called the police on him AFTER he demonstrated he lived there by entering his own flat.

We don't agree on a lot, waygook, but this is true.

F that.
The joys of fauxtherhood

Offline eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2018, 11:59:11 AM »
I really think the condo didn't tell their tenants to police each other, and that the woman made it up.

It'd be pretty easy to check her story.

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2018, 12:32:45 PM »
She was framed. Excerpt from an e-mail from the condo association:
"never allow someone to enter when you enter or exit"

Offline eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2018, 12:51:02 PM »

Do you think after listening to the woman's story and seeing the extract from the email you might in the future not always immediately assume a white person is being racist when they confront a black person?

Offline tylerthegloob

• Expert Waygook
  • gg wp
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2018, 12:51:29 PM »

Even in the video... when she saw he had keys in the door just take the L and walk away.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2018, 01:01:14 PM »
I think in the case of BBQ Becky, we're dealing with someone who may be somewhat on the spectrum. From what I read she was an environmental scientist and so she is the kind that would freak out over the grills and such. Apparently the Starbucks employee was also on the spectrum.

Not saying that some of these aren't racist like door lady or Golfcart Gail, but we should acknowledge that in some cases we may be dealing someone who is more socially awkward than racist.

With spectrum types, they could completely ignore such a thing for years and the second a notice gets posted, they completely change and take things really literally.

Anyways, just as we want to differentiate between mentally ill and criminals when it comes to cops overreacting and going after citizens, we should also remember to differentiate between say, people with personality disorders and racists when it comes to some of these viral incidents.

Online waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2018, 02:14:29 PM »

Do you think after listening to the woman's story and seeing the extract from the email you might in the future not always immediately assume a white person is being racist when they confront a black person?

youtube

Ok. I'll give you the email and admit that.

So let me get this straight. She cracked the door open to take her dog out for a pee, therefore, creating a security breach...despite being insistent on following security rules to the T?

And after the guy demonstrated his residential status in the building, she still went on to call the police on him?

Am I following correctly?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 02:16:16 PM by waygo0k »

Offline eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2018, 02:28:11 PM »

youtube

Ok. I'll give you the email and admit that.

So let me get this straight. She cracked the door open to take her dog out for a pee, therefore, creating a security breach...despite being insistent on following security rules to the T?

And after the guy demonstrated his residential status in the building, she still went on to call the police on him?

Am I following correctly?

According to her he tried to force his way into the building. Maybe she thought the keys were stolen, being as how he had been behaving strangely and she didn't recognise him.

Offline tylerthegloob

• Expert Waygook
  • gg wp
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2018, 02:47:08 PM »

According to her he tried to force his way into the building. Maybe she thought the keys were stolen, being as how he had been behaving strangely and she didn't recognise him.

And he also paused in the doorway (of the apartment that was allegedly not his) while she continued to talk to him. That's the most casual b&e ever. Or maybe he ALSO knew the REAL owners weren't home. Or he killed them! ......

EDIT: and HE started filming HER while he was using the stolen keys to get into the apartment that wasn't his.  :laugh: