September 26, 2018, 02:43:22 PM

Author Topic: Food Bucket Rules??  (Read 857 times)

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
Re: Food Bucket Rules??
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2018, 08:11:52 PM »
I gave up on trying to figure out dumb Korean garbage rules a long time ago. Solution below.

I don't know how but Korean food garbage REEKS, it has a shelf life of like 5 minutes. I used to throw away all kinds of food in the garbage in the US and it would not smell so bad even after several days.

Anyeay what I did was get a little sealed up container at Emart, they had a few to choose from. I'd put a 10L city garbage bag in it. I'd put food waste in it and then when it was full I'd just take out the bag and either put it out on the street with the rest of the garbage or put it inside a 50L bag that I'd use for the rest of my household trash. This worked, the sealed garbage container kept the food trash from smelling too much and I didn't have to worry about losing or retrieving the little Korean can thing.

Anyone who freezes their garbage is silly. My freezer was always full of frozen food from Costco anyway.

Online Lazio

• Adventurer
Re: Food Bucket Rules??
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2018, 11:41:34 AM »
I'd put a 10L city garbage bag in it. I'd put food waste in it and then when it was full I'd just take out the bag and either put it out on the street with the rest of the garbage or put it inside a 50L bag that I'd use for the rest of my household trash.

How big is your household? How long does it take to fill a 50L garbage bag? Our family of 3 fills a 10L bag in about a week. Don't tell me you are silly enough to put plastic bottles, cans and whatnot into your general garbage bag?!