February 17, 2019, 01:04:53 AM

Author Topic: High Street Market moved or finished?  (Read 1183 times)

Offline OnNut81

• Expert Waygook
High Street Market moved or finished?
« on: May 03, 2018, 12:07:56 PM »
I could swear I was only there a few weeks ago buying things and it seemed like business as usual.  Some items ridiculously over-priced, some reasonable prices, items I can't find easily in other stores and a continuously revolving staff that seem to know very little about the products sold in their shop.

Anyways, I went there the other day and it was shuttered.  It was like the time I went to What the Books' newer digs on the main drag to find it closed, but at least they had a map posted to the current location.  I didn't see any info at High Street and I'm not on FB if they have a page.

Anyone know if they're gone for good?  I liked some of their prepared foods to go as well as protein bars that were less mummified than the ones at the foreign food mart.

Offline Epistemology

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Philosopher extraordinaire
Re: High Street Market moved or finished?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 12:22:38 PM »
tony@authenticgroup.co.kr

http://highstreet.co.kr/index.html

their website is still open but they still have their old address on there. try emailing them and see if you can find out what happened.
Away an bile yer heid ya numpty,ye dinnae ken whit yer talkin aboot.

Offline OnNut81

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 02:03:12 PM »
Ok, I'll try that. Thanks.

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 02:22:05 PM »
From what I've heard, it's finished. They closed down maybe... 2 weeks ago? At least, that's when I heard about their closing out sales.

Offline Piggydee

• The Legend
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 02:41:32 PM »
I've only heard people shop there during Thanksgiving (US/Canada).  I've never stepped foot in there.  I look on their website and they seem to offer a lot of the same stuff you can find at Homeplus/Emart foreign section, Costco, or in Itaewon if you go to HBC.   I'm mean other than Goldfish I guess I'm not sorry to see it go  :lipsrsealed: