March 22, 2019, 07:49:42 AM

Author Topic: Hey look it's my life  (Read 5833 times)

sligo

Re: Hey look it's my life
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2018, 09:33:48 PM »
Seriously, do not listen to anyone who says anything that goes against common sense.  if you are in pain you see a doctor, plain and simple.  If you cannot work, you cannot work, they cannot do anything about it.  see a damn doctor, ask him how much time you need to FULLY recover, then tell him to sign you off until that point.  Go home, then enjoy the kittens and being paid to watch whatever you are watching.

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran

Offline Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2018, 12:08:55 PM »
http://winter-in-korea.blogspot.kr/2018/05/tis-but-scratch.html

There are 2 types of NETS in Korea, those who get taken advantage of and those who don't get taken advantage of.

You'll get put into a category, by your co-workers and employers, based on whether you roll over or stand your ground.
Once they've decided you're a doormat, it's very hard to change their minds and usually leads to drama.
You injuries sound excruciating, why you even went to work to give the doctors certificate is beyond my understanding.
Look after yourself and don't be afraid to be totally uncompromising with your health.   

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2018, 01:26:28 PM »

There are 2 types of NETS in Korea, those who get taken advantage of and those who don't get taken advantage of.

You'll get put into a category, by your co-workers and employers, based on whether you roll over or stand your ground.
Once they've decided you're a doormat, it's very hard to change their minds and usually leads to drama.
You injuries sound excruciating, why you even went to work to give the doctors certificate is beyond my understanding.
Look after yourself and don't be afraid to be totally uncompromising with your health.

Idk, I guess I felt responsible for the information and knew I had to give it to them ASAP. They probably did think I was too nice and just walked over, but they were mistaking my kindness for weakness and that was their downfall.

Offline Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2018, 02:49:51 PM »

Idk, I guess I felt responsible for the information and knew I had to give it to them ASAP. They probably did think I was too nice and just walked over, but they were mistaking my kindness for weakness and that was their downfall.

I just send a Kakao message to my CT in the morning, before class, so she can prepare something/go to the homeroom teacher to borrow a bunch of movies. You and I both know, you don't need to ask for permission to take sick days, you simply need to inform them.

As said, everything from your body language to your actions need to say "I know what my contract states and I'm not asking for permission, I'm simply informing you."
When your CT said, "Will you be teaching?" You should've said "Absolutely not, I'm going home. Bye."

When she said she was going to ask the principal, she's basically saying that she has no idea what the protocol is for your sick days. You should've stepped in and politely informed her that the education office allows you to take sick days at your discretion and that all forms are signed WHEN YOU COME BACK. If she has any concerns, here's the number for the education office, have a nice day.

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran

Offline OnNut81

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2018, 10:56:27 AM »
Chinguetti: Also, the schools never get their floors buffed and re-waxed. Like ever.

Are you sure it isn't done during vacation?  I've been at four different schools and they all had the team of buffers come at least once a year during the breaks.

Offline OnNut81

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2018, 11:57:49 AM »
Bingsu, your situation sounds nuts.  This is a regular elementary school and you're teaching in an afterschool program?
 And the principal controls pay?  Congratulations if you complete the year at that place.

Offline Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2018, 12:28:11 PM »
Chinguetti: Also, the schools never get their floors buffed and re-waxed. Like ever.

Are you sure it isn't done during vacation?  I've been at four different schools and they all had the team of buffers come at least once a year during the breaks.

Not at any of the schools I've worked at. The floors stay in pretty much in the same condition from the time I leave for break to the time I come back.

Curious, when your schools have had their floors buffed, was it in the classrooms, too, or only in the hallways/corridors?

Offline OnNut81

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2018, 01:17:41 PM »
Never saw them in the classrooms, but corridors and stairs at least. 

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran

Offline dippedinblush

• Veteran
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2018, 11:08:47 PM »

I've wondered about this as well.  My school is only 4 years old.  Its a school that was built with the expectation of new students coming in.  It's a huge facility, yet we have about 400 students, and its growing.  Anyhow, on every level, the tiles are chipped and are "well-worn"....(we've got 4 levels in my school).  The English Zone is on the 4th. 

The 4th floor tiles are just as chipped and worn as the first floor tiles.  (The only classes on the 4th floor that are in use are the English Zone and the Art Class)....yet there are several empty classrooms.  The 4th floor rarely gets used.

Do companies re-use tiles from other buildings to create the floors of new schools?  The fourth floor is constantly leaking and the floor looks like it been there since the 1970's?

How can this be a thing?

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 11:11:31 PM by dippedinblush »

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2018, 03:56:26 PM »

Offline orange6ur1

• Veteran
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2018, 07:32:20 PM »
https://winter-in-korea.blogspot.com/2018/11/reset.html

As a silent bystander/reader of your school dilemmas iím super relieved that youíve found the light at the end of the tunnel and are even extending your stay at your school. I feel like the second year at the same school makes a huge difference and honestly itís even better!

Itís kinda funny to hear stories about elementary students (i teach middle school) being intimidating because seeing the incoming 1st graders, they try so hard to impress you and are easily affected when you scold them :P
But uh...3rd graders...geez...you cannot win.

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2018, 12:27:14 PM »
https://winter-in-korea.blogspot.com/2018/11/reset.html

As a silent bystander/reader of your school dilemmas iím super relieved that youíve found the light at the end of the tunnel and are even extending your stay at your school. I feel like the second year at the same school makes a huge difference and honestly itís even better!

Itís kinda funny to hear stories about elementary students (i teach middle school) being intimidating because seeing the incoming 1st graders, they try so hard to impress you and are easily affected when you scold them :P
But uh...3rd graders...geez...you cannot win.

3rd graders are in the horrible spot of too cool for school but still wanting to play games all day. Just starting to figure out their personality and rebellion and it scares me lmao

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran

Offline Bingsu

• Veteran