January 24, 2019, 02:01:22 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: California is a failing state.  (Read 11339 times)

Offline zola

• The Legend
Re: California is a failing state.
« Reply #220 on: June 08, 2018, 07:43:47 AM »
50 of the Earth's Greatest Thinkers Vote CALIFORNIA as the best place live in 2018

Anyone see that article penned by the 50 greatest thinkers on Earth? They had some sort of meeting and surprisingly (surpise for people like Chester Jim, Martin and other California haters) the Golden State was chosen as the best place to live on our planet. The criteria was strict and places like Norway (too white), New Zealand (too green), Korea (lol, as if) and Australia (Australians are at heart, terrible people) made the short list but ultimately didn't cut the mustard.

Here are some of the reasons why these 50 brilliant men (maybe some ladies? not too sure) came up with to justify their choice:

- Lovely Whether
- Access to the Pacific
- Bang for your buck
- Access to Hollywood stars and starlets
- Good housing quality
- Place names that feature citrus fruit e.g. Orange County, Citrus Grove, Orange Fields, Lemon Lanes, Tangerine Valley, Mandarin Alley, Tomato Dales (Are tomatoes even Citrus???)
- The birth place of 43 of America's Presidents. Only Washington and Kennedy were born elsewhere (Seattle and Ireland repectively)
- The birth place of the Great American Past time; Baseball
- Knott's Berry Farm is there
- While many believe comedy hit, "Seinfeld", to be a quintessentially New York show, it was actually filmed and produced in LA. That's right, your beloved Seinfeld is as Californian as an illegal immigrant picking some delicious citrus fruit under a hot summer sun.
- It is the home of Apple Inc LLC. Next time you pick up your "smart" phone you can thank Californian native Mr. Sam Job for inventing that for you. What's more, the Apple company is the states biggest employer.
- It's a mecca for tech heads, boffins, wonks and various other kinds of people.
- Who's going to win (another) NBA Championship?? Hmmm???? The GOLDEN STATE Wildcats. California: home of the basketball
- Other great sporting teams: The heroic Padres, The underperforming Dodgers, The kid's favourties the Angels, The Giants, The A's, The disrespectful Chargers, The gay Rams, The Raiders, SF's own 49ers, the Clippers the LA Bakers...the list goes on
- California has won more sporting trophies than all the other states COMBINED
- Low cost of living
- Ronald "the man in black" Reagan is buried there. So it's convenient to pay your respects anytime you feel like it

Just some of the excuses the 50 greatest thinkers that our species has to offer, has come up with California is not only NOT failing, but the most attractive place to live.

Checkmate, haters.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 07:46:25 AM by zola »
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline freddyinkorea

• Veteran
« Reply #221 on: June 08, 2018, 08:40:12 AM »
50 of the Earth's Greatest Thinkers Vote CALIFORNIA as the best place live in 2018

Anyone see that article penned by the 50 greatest thinkers on Earth? They had some sort of meeting and surprisingly (surpise for people like Chester Jim, Martin and other California haters) the Golden State was chosen as the best place to live on our planet. The criteria was strict and places like Norway (too white), New Zealand (too green), Korea (lol, as if) and Australia (Australians are at heart, terrible people) made the short list but ultimately didn't cut the mustard.

Here are some of the reasons why these 50 brilliant men (maybe some ladies? not too sure) came up with to justify their choice:

- Lovely Whether
- Access to the Pacific
- Bang for your buck
- Good housing quality
- Place names that feature citrus fruit e.g. Orange County, Citrus Grove, Orange Fields, Lemon Lanes, Tangerine Valley, Mandarin Alley, Tomato Dales (Are tomatoes even Citrus???)
- The birth place of 43 of America's Presidents. Only Washington and Kennedy were born elsewhere (Seattle and Ireland repectively)
- While many believe comedy hit, "Seinfeld", to be a quintessentially New York show, it was actually filmed and produced in LA. That's right, your beloved Seinfeld is as Californian as an illegal immigrant picking some delicious citrus fruit under a hot summer sun.
- It is the home of Apple Inc LLC. Next time you pick up your "smart" phone you can thank Californian native Mr. Sam Job for inventing that for you. What's more, the Apple company is the states biggest employer.
- It's a mecca for tech heads, boffins, wonks and various other kinds of people.
- Who's going to win (another) NBA Championship?? Hmmm???? The GOLDEN STATE Wildcats. California: home of the basketball
- Other great sporting teams: The heroic Padres, The underperforming Dodgers, The kid's favourties the Angels, The Giants, The A's, The disrespectful Chargers, The gay Rams, The Raiders, SF's own 49ers, the Clippers the LA Bakers...the list goes on
- Low cost of living
- Ronald "the man in black" Reagan is buried there. So it's convenient to pay your respects anytime you feel like it

Just some of the excuses the 50 greatest thinkers that our species has to offer, has come up with California is not only NOT failing, but the most attractive place to live.

Checkmate, haters.

I can't tell if you are joking or not.  I'll take it you  are joking as those reasons are far from real issues facing the state.

Offline Chester Jim

• Expert Waygook
  • Getter Done
« Reply #222 on: June 08, 2018, 09:54:57 AM »
Completely true. Your spending claim is another of your falsehoods.

What is Kansas, Alex?
Correct for $200. The board is yours, Gators.

Money is no substitute for academic motivation, in particular peer and societal pressure to achieve academically.
I think most would agree that substandard facilities, lack of academic materials, books that saw their best days in the early 90s, little or no heat in the winter and underpaid and overworked teachers are all demotivating.

Not demotivating enough to overcome a strong motivation for academic success.

The primary reason for this is that academic success is not seen as "cool". In other communities/countries this isn't necessarily the case. You take those students and put them in a substandard facility with a lack of materials and books, and they as students would try twice as hard and their parents would spend their off-work hours repairing the school and getting supplementary education for their children.

The key to change is to make academic achievement socially desirable to teenagers and kids, not as something for "dorks".
Anecdotal evidence is one thing, but the fiction you write is quite another.

Education needs to be fulfilling and personally meaningful, not just a means to an end (high test scores). For that to happen, you need motivated teachers who receive effective training in new methods and the materials to put their training to good use.

Do you have an encyclopedia of canards that you use as research for your posts?

Sounds like more of the crap that has been happening the last 30 years.   We need more money,  we need to coddle them and make the tests easier.
There needs to be standardized testing, and the teachers need to get better and more effective at teaching so students can do the problems.  The other stuff , coddling making sure everyone feels good , and turning the students into antiamerican social justice warriors should stop.  Democrats just want to buy teacher votes by saying they are like doctors and spending more money on them .

I havenít heard anything from you concerning information or facts.  You just act like you have them.  Could you for example defend anything that you write about throwing money at teachers and coddling students having provided better results? 
If not then you should quit this site and sjwing

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f6LvUNGEsTo

« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 10:34:32 AM by Chester Jim »
Bonzai!

Offline zola

• The Legend
« Reply #223 on: June 08, 2018, 10:40:07 AM »

- Lovely Whether
- Access to the Pacific
- Bang for your buck
- Good housing quality
- Low cost of living

Checkmate, haters.

I can't tell if you are joking or not.  I'll take it you  are joking as those reasons are far from real issues facing the state.

What on earth are you talking about?? And what are the real issues? Hmm???
We got another Cali hater in the house. It's tough to be king as you have all these little haters and wreckers trying to bring you down all the time.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #224 on: June 08, 2018, 10:49:25 AM »
(surpise for people like Chester Jim, Martin and other California haters)

Where did I say I hate California?

I don't think I've said much on the issue of California itself. It's a big state and the fact that it's Democratic-leaning doesn't turn it into an automatic hellhole anymore than some area being Republican-leaning doesn't turn it into a dystopian wasteland. There are great Democratic-run places to live and utter-craptowns. Same with Republicans.

Offline zola

• The Legend
« Reply #225 on: June 08, 2018, 10:57:32 AM »
I see Martin has now changed his tune afterhaving read my list. Anyone else want to come over to the PRO-California side? Chester Jim?

Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline Chester Jim

• Expert Waygook
  • Getter Done
« Reply #226 on: June 08, 2018, 11:08:25 AM »

I don't think I've said much on the issue of California itself. It's a big state and the fact that it's Democratic-leaning doesn't turn it into an automatic hellhole anymore than some area being Republican-leaning doesn't turn it into a dystopian wasteland. There are great Democratic-run places to live and utter-craptowns. Same with Republicans.

It might be what you donít say
Anyways you are right itís in trouble .  There are no democratic run cities that are good places, at least not as good as they would be if they were run by I donít know say republicans. 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 11:11:43 AM by Chester Jim »
Bonzai!

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #227 on: June 08, 2018, 11:26:23 AM »
I see Martin has now changed his tune afterhaving read my list. Anyone else want to come over to the PRO-California side? Chester Jim?

Where did I say I hate California? Quote please.

Offline tylerthegloob

• Super Waygook
  • gg wp
« Reply #228 on: June 08, 2018, 11:43:14 AM »

Anyways you are right itís in trouble .  There are no democratic run cities that are good places, at least not as good as they would be if they were run by I donít know say republicans.

Only a sith deals in absolutes. Also, PLEASE stop this weird punctuation nonsense. Do you tell your students to put a space before and after a period to!? I know you like to do it for commas, but... periods too!?

Offline freddyinkorea

• Veteran
« Reply #229 on: June 08, 2018, 11:45:39 AM »

- Lovely Whether
- Access to the Pacific
- Bang for your buck
- Good housing quality
- Low cost of living

Checkmate, haters.

We got another Cali hater in the house. It's tough to be king as you have all these little haters and wreckers trying to bring you down all the time.

Weather, Celebrities, a farm, etc?  You must be smoking something, because you def high on something.    I also don't hate Cali, I just don't see how the list you provided proves anything.  Also "Low cost of Living"?  What are they living in a sewer eating rats or something?  Guess that would be pretty affordable living.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #230 on: June 08, 2018, 12:01:30 PM »

Where I grew up there were both within an hours drive. Same with Republican places that were good and bad. There's plenty that the Democrats get right and plenty they get wrong. If, for example, you have a solid base of tech/entertainment high-income types you can have either a high-tax, high-service model and a good lifestyle for the people OR you can have a low-tax, low-service model and it can work. Usually such areas have low-modest populations (say, under 150k- of course there are always exceptions). I'd say things are more dependent on the industries within the area and that more liberal industries can be attracted to liberal areas and more conservative industries can be attracted to conservative areas.

What you CAN'T do is get too extreme. For Democratic areas, you can't have a big population, high taxes, high minimum wage, high services, low debt, mass immigration, high regulation. Something will give out and your economy will collapse under a mountain of debt and industry death. Same with having a big population and very low taxes, low minimum wage, low services, no immigration, no regulation. Then your place will turn into some sort of Dickensian horror.

Weather, Celebrities, a farm, etc?  You must be smoking something, because you def high on something.    I also don't hate Cali, I just don't see how the list you provided proves anything.  Also "Low cost of Living"?  What are they living in a sewer eating rats or something?  Guess that would be pretty affordable living.

I think zola's post was deliberately over the top and thus, somewhat tongue-in-cheek. Don't get too riled by it. Get funny- make a similar list for some conservative area.

Offline tylerthegloob

• Super Waygook
  • gg wp
« Reply #231 on: June 08, 2018, 12:10:39 PM »

I think zola's post was deliberately over the top and thus, somewhat tongue-in-cheek. Don't get too riled by it. Get funny- make a similar list for some conservative area.

'Tino sometimes you hit the nail right on the head and it hurts so good.

Offline zola

• The Legend
« Reply #232 on: June 08, 2018, 12:42:13 PM »

- Lovely Whether
- Access to the Pacific
- Bang for your buck
- Good housing quality
- Low cost of living

Checkmate, haters.

A farm?????! A FARM?!?!?!?? It's Knotts Berry Farm for Godsake. Do you call Shakespeare just a writer?
Low cost of living in places like Modesto, Santa Bonito, Eureka, East LA, Tomato Dales. You just need to search these places out dude.

You know what? You are uninvited. We don't want people like you guys in California anyway. What's the point in being all right wing and negative when we are just trying to get a tan, catch some waves, eat some delicious citrus produce, meet some Hollywood (or Hollyweird! am I right) stars and just chill out. Back to Mississipi with you. Enjoy your rcord setting obesity, highest rates of teenage pregnancy, firearm homicides, and crooked town Sheriffs. Things we now absolutely nothing about in .....California.

I mean, your leader and buddy Chester Jim fled the state becuase he was scared of hometown hero Nate Diaz. This is the calibre of Cali haters. Get out and stay out

Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline Chester Jim

• Expert Waygook
  • Getter Done
« Reply #233 on: June 08, 2018, 01:15:45 PM »

Only a sith deals in absolutes. Also, PLEASE stop this weird punctuation nonsense. Do you tell your students to put a space before and after a period to!? I know you like to do it for commas, but... periods too!?

Typical liberal stuff.    .  ď    Oh your grammarís bad.  ď. Well what about your ridiculous idea...  wait a minute, have you put forth anything on this site ?    You are my student .  I tell you facts of life.
Itís called typing on an iPad and not really giving a crap about grammar nazis.
Itís the big picture , try to keep up.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 01:18:21 PM by Chester Jim »
Bonzai!

Offline hangook77

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #234 on: June 08, 2018, 01:36:23 PM »

Where I grew up there were both within an hours drive. Same with Republican places that were good and bad. There's plenty that the Democrats get right and plenty they get wrong. If, for example, you have a solid base of tech/entertainment high-income types you can have either a high-tax, high-service model and a good lifestyle for the people OR you can have a low-tax, low-service model and it can work. Usually such areas have low-modest populations (say, under 150k- of course there are always exceptions). I'd say things are more dependent on the industries within the area and that more liberal industries can be attracted to liberal areas and more conservative industries can be attracted to conservative areas.

What you CAN'T do is get too extreme. For Democratic areas, you can't have a big population, high taxes, high minimum wage, high services, low debt, mass immigration, high regulation. Something will give out and your economy will collapse under a mountain of debt and industry death. Same with having a big population and very low taxes, low minimum wage, low services, no immigration, no regulation. Then your place will turn into some sort of Dickensian horror.

Bolded.  Good lifestyle for who?  The elites?  Sounds like San Francisco or New York.  They're great if you make a lot of money but suck otherwise.  High cost of living, high rents, lots of homeless.  The local politicians care nothing about the poor in spite of their talk becasue they make it unaffordable for most people and then pat themselves on the back for a job well done while bribing some special interest groups to endorse them althewhile getting lots of tax payer money given to them.  Some local swamps, not just in California, but across North America need some serious draining. 

Offline freddyinkorea

• Veteran
« Reply #235 on: June 08, 2018, 01:41:06 PM »

- Lovely Whether
- Access to the Pacific
- Bang for your buck
- Good housing quality
- Low cost of living

Checkmate, haters.

A farm?????! A FARM?!?!?!?? It's Knotts Berry Farm for Godsake. Do you call Shakespeare just a writer?
Low cost of living in places like Modesto, Santa Bonito, Eureka, East LA, Tomato Dales. You just need to search these places out dude.

You know what? You are uninvited. We don't want people like you guys in California anyway. What's the point in being all right wing and negative when we are just trying to get a tan, catch some waves, eat some delicious citrus produce, meet some Hollywood (or Hollyweird! am I right) stars and just chill out. Back to Mississipi with you. Enjoy your rcord setting obesity, highest rates of teenage pregnancy, firearm homicides, and crooked town Sheriffs. Things we now absolutely nothing about in .....California.

I mean, your leader and buddy Chester Jim fled the state becuase he was scared of hometown hero Nate Diaz. This is the calibre of Cali haters. Get out and stay out

Ok bro, ok bro.  Bro you da man. Bro

Offline tylerthegloob

• Super Waygook
  • gg wp
« Reply #236 on: June 08, 2018, 02:15:45 PM »

Typical liberal stuff.    .  ď    Oh your grammarís bad.  ď. Well what about your ridiculous idea...  wait a minute, have you put forth anything on this site ?    You are my student .  I tell you facts of life.

Nothing compels you to hit the space bar before a comma, even on an iPad. You disregard proper grammar as "liberal stuff"? Really? You're unhinged.

Also, I'm not your student and, to be honest, I'm very thankful for that. You don't tell me facts, never mind facts of life. And if you want to know what I've put forth on this site, check my post history. All you post is dumb shit like "there are no democratic run cities that are good places." An statement no one else would even think to defend. Statements like that don't even call for a thought out response.

Offline Chester Jim

• Expert Waygook
  • Getter Done
« Reply #237 on: June 08, 2018, 03:32:19 PM »

Nothing compels you to hit the space bar before a comma, even on an iPad. You disregard proper grammar as "liberal stuff"? Really? You're unhinged.

Also, I'm not your student and, to be honest, I'm very thankful for that. You don't tell me facts, never mind facts of life. And if you want to know what I've put forth on this site, check my post history. All you post is dumb shit like "there are no democratic run cities that are good places." An statement no one else would even think to defend. Statements like that don't even call for a thought out response.
Name one city gloob
Bonzai!

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #238 on: June 08, 2018, 06:00:26 PM »
New York City. Great place.

Offline tylerthegloob

• Super Waygook
  • gg wp
« Reply #239 on: June 08, 2018, 06:14:48 PM »

Name one city gloob

Sure? (The People's Republic of) Cambridge, Massachusetts.