March 21, 2019, 11:59:37 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: Starbucks to Close 8,000 U.S. Stores for Racial-Bias Training After Arrests  (Read 3328 times)

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
Apparently, the manager had had dangerous altercations with loiterers in the past.

"Well, now we have the facts. It is now confirmed that this incident stems not from racism but from entitlement....

"The Starbucks CEO, who has spent all week cowering to the mob and throwing his innocent store manager under the bus, has now affirmed this interpretation. He may very well have destroyed his business in the process. So be it."
https://www.dailywire.com/news/29625/walsh-story-starbucks-entitlement-not-racism-matt-walsh

Good riddance if it happens. I certainly won't be patronizing Starbucks anymore when in the US. The author thinks the men who were arrested will receive a multi-million dollar settlement. That's insane.
She didn't have to dial 911.

As for not patronizing Starbucks, bye felicia!

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
Apparently, the manager had had dangerous altercations with loiterers in the past.

"Well, now we have the facts. It is now confirmed that this incident stems not from racism but from entitlement....

"The Starbucks CEO, who has spent all week cowering to the mob and throwing his innocent store manager under the bus, has now affirmed this interpretation. He may very well have destroyed his business in the process. So be it."
https://www.dailywire.com/news/29625/walsh-story-starbucks-entitlement-not-racism-matt-walsh

Good riddance if it happens. I certainly won't be patronizing Starbucks anymore when in the US. The author thinks the men who were arrested will receive a multi-million dollar settlement. That's insane.

So a store should do nothing to enforce its own policies? What's the alternative to calling the police? Hire a bouncer?

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
"Starbucks has made billions of dollars by creating something that didn't exist: a space where customers could not only treat themselves to fancy Italian-style beverages but also relax and socialize. It was a brand that immediately felt sophisticated and elite, making customers like Allieri feel as if they were joining an exclusive club.

"When the first Starbucks opened in New York City, The New York Times had to define what a 'latte' was (and explain it was pronounced 'LAH-tay'). Starbucks played up its exotic nature in everything it did, down to its sizes, with 'grande' and 'venti' providing a connection to the Italian coffee culture that inspired Schultz."
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-starbucks-got-stuck-in-the-middle-in-4-jokes-2017-4

Their customers are not going to feel so sophisticated and elite anymore given that the company has made it clear that it is not willing to prioritize paying customers over loiterers.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend

So a store should do nothing to enforce its own policies? What's the alternative to calling the police? Hire a bouncer?
Asking people politely to order something or leave, if that is indeed company policy. A sign stating such a policy would help support such actions.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
It ain't just Starbucks:
LA Fitness is under fire after an employee asked two black men to leave one of its New Jersey clubs on Monday. The gym chain has since apologized and promised to improve racial sensitivity training among its staffers.

One of the men, Tshyrad Oates, posted videos of the incident on Facebook. Oates wrote on Facebook that he had signed in with a four-day guest pass from his friend, a club member. “After about a half hour, I was approached by this same employee telling me that I had to leave or pay, and I explained to her that I just signed in with her with the guest pass,” he said. “She stated that it was my friend who did not pay (unaware that her manager had already signed him in with his membership pass). My friend stated to her that he is an active and current member and that his gym tag was in his locker.”
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/people-boycotting-la-fitness-racist-incident-despite-apology-180750566.html

MARA?

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
Seems like the default answer is 'yes'.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 09:13:11 AM by eggieguffer »

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan

Online Chester Jim

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Getter Done
The story is a huge lie and it’s really weird.   They went on the today show and said they came in at 4:35 and she called police at 4:37. .      There are tons of cameras in Starbucks and they released nothing.    Also these guys were kind of rude it sounds like not the innocent nice guys they play on talk shows.   Also the alleged racist is an sjw .  They just eat each other . https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ejRipNJq_pc
Bonzai!

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
God, the left in America, is so stupid, tell me why are we all being held hostage by a bunch of idiot gender studies and philosophy majors. The reality of what happened is pretty clear, these two men went into Starbucks, sat down and wanted to use the bathroom, Starbucks said you have to buy something first. They refused to buy anything, so they were asked to leave,  they refused, the police were called, the police very politely and calmly told them to leave they refused, the police arrested them for trespassing. Starbucks didn't press charges, and they were let go, this was all a situation that could have been defused by these guys paying three bucks for tall regular, or waiting for there friend at another location. But since we live in an outrage culture now, the lefties turn what is a situation that should not have been noteworthy to anyone other than the people involved into an opportunity to be visibly outraged and signal how pious and virtuous they are compared to everyone else.

I swear these people are the modern secular equivalent of Flagellants from the 14th-century middle ages during the plague. These people would turn up and whip themselves viciously as a form of penance for there sins; they did this to show how pious and penitent they were... virtue signaling. In Germany, they even claimed the could resurrect Emporer Fredrick II, who would bring an age of social justice... these an SJW's sound like the Flagellants Atheist grandkids.
You were there?

You could be an Olympic gold medal winner if jumping to conclusions was an event.

Offline freddyinkorea

• Veteran
God, the left in America, is so stupid, tell me why are we all being held hostage by a bunch of idiot gender studies and philosophy majors. The reality of what happened is pretty clear, these two men went into Starbucks, sat down and wanted to use the bathroom, Starbucks said you have to buy something first. They refused to buy anything, so they were asked to leave,  they refused, the police were called, the police very politely and calmly told them to leave they refused, the police arrested them for trespassing. Starbucks didn't press charges, and they were let go, this was all a situation that could have been defused by these guys paying three bucks for tall regular, or waiting for there friend at another location. But since we live in an outrage culture now, the lefties turn what is a situation that should not have been noteworthy to anyone other than the people involved into an opportunity to be visibly outraged and signal how pious and virtuous they are compared to everyone else.

I swear these people are the modern secular equivalent of Flagellants from the 14th-century middle ages during the plague. These people would turn up and whip themselves viciously as a form of penance for there sins; they did this to show how pious and penitent they were... virtue signaling. In Germany, they even claimed the could resurrect Emporer Fredrick II, who would bring an age of social justice... these an SJW's sound like the Flagellants Atheist grandkids.
You were there?

You could be an Olympic gold medal winner if jumping to conclusions was an event.

You were there?  As you can see the media was super fast to drop this, I wonder why? 
Who the heck goes into a coffee shop without buying anything?  If the bathroom is for patrons then be a patron and buy something.  Then to sit at a table and not buy something?  Where does this thinking come from? 

I've been to coffee shops and restaurants where I was waiting for someone and the staff asked me to buy something and guess what? I bought something, guess they were racists. 

Also didn't these guys refuse to leave private property, by management and police?  Seriously if you think that is the proper response to being asked to buy something, you have serious mental problems. 

Again I want to point out I've been asked to buy something at both a coffee shop and restaurant and actually food court or leave.  Guess what I did?  I bought something. 

Online JNM

• The Legend

You were there?

You were there?  As you can see the media was super fast to drop this, I wonder why? 
Who the heck goes into a coffee shop without buying anything?  If the bathroom is for patrons then be a patron and buy something.  Then to sit at a table and not buy something?  Where does this thinking come from? 

I've been to coffee shops and restaurants where I was waiting for someone and the staff asked me to buy something and guess what? I bought something, guess they were racists. 

Also didn't these guys refuse to leave private property, by management and police?  Seriously if you think that is the proper response to being asked to buy something, you have serious mental problems. 

Again I want to point out I've been asked to buy something at both a coffee shop and restaurant and actually food court or leave.  Guess what I did?  I bought something.

There is actually a word for this... When you buy something at a fast food place to justify using the loo... it is a "McSh*t".

When you go to directly to the loo and tell them you will order on the way out... "McSh*t with lies."

Online waygo0k

• The Legend
Turns out that particular person has a penchant for using 911 as her personal concierge service and the police as her personal bodyguards.

Of the 69 calls, just one other call, placed on Jan. 4, 2018, resulted in an arrest.

The logs show a dramatic uptick in calls placed from the location about the time Hylton began working at the location.

In all of 2016 there were just 11 called placed to police; just two of them were for “disorderly crowds.” However, 2017 saw the police called 41 times in total.

http://www.phillytrib.com/news/uptick-in-calls-for-starbucks-manager/article_d669ba90-9d83-5734-a65d-3df4717a7513.html

Someone will still chime in with 'but'...

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
Turns out that particular person has a penchant for using 911 as her personal concierge service and the police as her personal bodyguards.

Of the 69 calls, just one other call, placed on Jan. 4, 2018, resulted in an arrest.

The logs show a dramatic uptick in calls placed from the location about the time Hylton began working at the location.

In all of 2016 there were just 11 called placed to police; just two of them were for “disorderly crowds.” However, 2017 saw the police called 41 times in total.

http://www.phillytrib.com/news/uptick-in-calls-for-starbucks-manager/article_d669ba90-9d83-5734-a65d-3df4717a7513.html

Someone will still chime in with 'but'...

Be interesting to see the racial breakdown of the people she called the police on. That determines whether she is a racist or just a chicken little.

Online waygo0k

• The Legend

Be interesting to see the racial breakdown of the people she called the police on. That determines whether she is a racist or just a chicken little.

It indeed would be interesting.

But I'm fairly certain we can guesstimate what the results would be.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord

It indeed would be interesting.

But I'm fairly certain we can guesstimate what the results would be.

I'm not sure. The area is predominantly white. She might be "on the spectrum" and do that to everyone, regardless of background.

I'd certainly lean towards bias, but I don't think it's enough of a solid bet as to prejudge the matter.

Online waygo0k

• The Legend
If the words of her former colleague are anything to go by...

Cash said in the time she was at the 18th and Spruce St store, Hylton seemed uncomfortable around non-white customers and avoided serving them.

'Holly was very attentive with all the white customers, always making sure they were happy and served quickly,' she said.

'But she was cold and standoffish to everyone else and would say "they can wait". She often made the baristas serve them so she wouldn't have to.'

People of all races would frequently come into the store to take advantage of the free wifi, but Cash said her manager often let whites slide.

'She always found a reason to kick black people out, she was way more likely to ask them to leave over white people who hadn't made a purchase,' she said.

'Baristas were usually told to ask them to leave because Holly was so uncomfortable confronting them.'

Cash claimed Hylton called the police on several people during her time there, and they were always black.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5627691/Starbucks-manager-called-cops-black-men-faces-new-race-claims.html

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
If the words of her former colleague are anything to go by...

Cash said in the time she was at the 18th and Spruce St store, Hylton seemed uncomfortable around non-white customers and avoided serving them.

'Holly was very attentive with all the white customers, always making sure they were happy and served quickly,' she said.

'But she was cold and standoffish to everyone else and would say "they can wait". She often made the baristas serve them so she wouldn't have to.'

People of all races would frequently come into the store to take advantage of the free wifi, but Cash said her manager often let whites slide.

'She always found a reason to kick black people out, she was way more likely to ask them to leave over white people who hadn't made a purchase,' she said.

'Baristas were usually told to ask them to leave because Holly was so uncomfortable confronting them.'

Cash claimed Hylton called the police on several people during her time there, and they were always black.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5627691/Starbucks-manager-called-cops-black-men-faces-new-race-claims.html
"I never thought of Holly as racist until I saw that."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIHoZ1QjuPc&t=55

Interesting how she didn't have a clue until she saw the story on the news. Then she suddenly has this big epiphany that her coworker is an out-and-out racist. Well she got her 15 minutes of fame.

Online waygo0k

• The Legend

Interesting how she didn't have a clue until she saw the story on the news. Then she suddenly has this big epiphany that her coworker is an out-and-out racist. Well she got her 15 minutes of fame.

It's amazing right?

You give people pass after pass after pass...but they just seem to be intent on showing you their true colours!

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
"There's a problem, though: Scientific testing has revealed that implicit bias training has no prophylactic effect on behavior at all. In theory, implicit bias tests measure the extent to which a person harbors unconscious racist thoughts and attitudes. The idea is that by becoming aware of these unknown biases, people will behave in a more egalitarian manner.... A 2017 meta-analysis (a study that mathematically analyzes the collective results of past studies) revealed that such training has no effect on actual behavior."
https://www.lifezette.com/popzette/how-would-mandatory-implicit-bias-testing-training-work/

So is Starbucks going to make every employee stand up and admit to being a racist? Sounds like an AA meeting.

"My name is ... and I am a racist."

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord

It's amazing right?

You give people pass after pass after pass...but they just seem to be intent on showing you their true colours!

Early on, children are instilled with a sense of historical grievance — a sense of terrible victimization. This is poisonous to the child. Justifiable or not, grievance is a poison to individuals and societies alike. It blocks progress, constantly.

From CDW's link

https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/09/locked-disgraceful-state-indian-country/

That's you, that is waygo0k
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 11:49:46 AM by eggieguffer »