March 22, 2019, 07:54:39 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: The Filthy Beast Blog  (Read 20928 times)

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord

Online kengreen

• Expert Waygook

Online kengreen

• Expert Waygook
Re: The Filthy Beast Blog
« Reply #142 on: August 25, 2018, 01:03:21 PM »

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #143 on: August 25, 2018, 01:54:05 PM »
Sexy Sadist

http://filthy-beast.blogspot.com/2018/08/sexy-sadist.html

Yes I gave up 12years ago but still have dreams about smoking. I don't crave them IRL though. When I watch Mad men nowadays it makes me feel a bit nauseous.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 02:00:34 PM by eggieguffer »

Offline sojuadventurer

• Super Waygook
« Reply #144 on: August 28, 2018, 08:13:58 AM »
Sexy Sadist

http://filthy-beast.blogspot.com/2018/08/sexy-sadist.html

Yes I gave up 12years ago but still have dreams about smoking. I don't crave them IRL though. When I watch Mad men nowadays it makes me feel a bit nauseous.

I'm now on my third real attempt at quitting smoking. The first time, I quit for maybe 2 or 3 months, the second time I quit for nearly two years, and this time I'm at about two months so far and going strong. I'm pretty sure it'll stick this time, since I've reached an age where I just think that I absolutely can't go back to smoking unless I want to royally screw my health beyond repair. Granted, the damage is already done.

That said, I still miss smoking every day. Stupid, gross cigarettes.

Online kengreen

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2018, 10:42:24 AM »
Good luck quitting. It's not easy.

Online kengreen

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2018, 10:42:53 AM »

Online kengreen

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #147 on: September 02, 2018, 10:44:14 AM »

Offline stevebarker

• Adventurer
« Reply #148 on: September 04, 2018, 01:00:24 AM »
and that's the story, children, of how the Buffalo lost his balls

Offline Renma

• Adventurer
« Reply #149 on: September 04, 2018, 08:20:56 AM »
Breaking My Pencils

http://filthy-beast.blogspot.com/2018/09/black-on-black-crime.html

That's a shame. I have zero interest in most of the cookie cutter travel blogs that foreigners in Korea love to write, but I looked forward to your updates.

Offline chuyinkorea

• Adventurer
« Reply #150 on: September 04, 2018, 08:48:58 AM »
rip buffalo... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #151 on: September 04, 2018, 09:13:40 AM »
Breaking My Pencils

Honestly, you should keep writing for yourself. Not sure if you find it therapeutic or anything, but many writers do.

Aside from that, most writers don't make bank, and a lot of talented folks let frustration kill their motivations. Keep in mind that most successful writers (from the most talented of us all the way down to the bottom-of-the-barrel types) struggled for many years before anything of theirs began to pay off. If you're looking to make some income from this, keep striving, find ways to spread your work, work on your style, try to get your name out there on publishing sites, and keep posting. Over time and with enough persistence and tenacity, something will eventually give you a break. 

If you don't get any enjoyment out of writing simply for the sake of it, I understand moving on. But if you're just frustrated and have lost confidence, don't give up.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #152 on: September 04, 2018, 10:11:43 AM »
Black-On-Black Crime

I hear you on the death getting to be a bit much. It's one reason I'm here.

Before I left, in my major, I had three classmates get killed- one murdered by her mother, one killed in Iraq, and one killed in an accident, plus we had a really high-profile murder at my university. Then there was a murder close to my family.

Where I used to work, it's almost like clockwork every year that I'll get an email or facebook message that so-and-so is dead or in prison.

The fact that ODs and murders here amongst people you know tend to be rather infrequent, it makes things a little better. Fortunately no one I know here has bought it that didn't die of old age (knock on wood).

Online kengreen

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #153 on: September 04, 2018, 10:33:59 AM »
I changed my mind. I'm going to restart the blog. Why? I had no idea that a lot of people actually liked it. So what's a boy to do?  Not everything is about success or money. I'll begin Volume II of my China adventure within the next week.

Thanks for the support, and sorry for the drama.

Much Ruv.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 10:44:47 AM by kengreen »

Online theman3285

• Super Waygook
« Reply #154 on: September 04, 2018, 10:47:16 AM »
Hey, your blog got a positive review from the biggest critic of them all (DeMartino) :huh: Must be pretty good

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #155 on: September 04, 2018, 11:05:11 AM »
Breaking My Pencils

Honestly, you should keep writing for yourself. Not sure if you find it therapeutic or anything, but many writers do.

Aside from that, most writers don't make bank, and a lot of talented folks let frustration kill their motivations. Keep in mind that most successful writers (from the most talented of us all the way down to the bottom-of-the-barrel types) struggled for many years before anything of theirs began to pay off. If you're looking to make some income from this, keep striving, find ways to spread your work, work on your style, try to get your name out there on publishing sites, and keep posting. Over time and with enough persistence and tenacity, something will eventually give you a break. 

If you don't get any enjoyment out of writing simply for the sake of it, I understand moving on. But if you're just frustrated and have lost confidence, don't give up.

Came here to post something similar, but Chinguetti said it better than I could have.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #156 on: September 04, 2018, 11:13:31 AM »
Hey, your blog got a positive review from the biggest critic of them all (DeMartino) :huh: Must be pretty good

I've always liked his blogs. Remember, I once did a parody of his Eating Dog in Korea one.

http://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=99960.20

Offline sojuadventurer

• Super Waygook
« Reply #157 on: September 04, 2018, 11:22:08 AM »
I changed my mind. I'm going to restart the blog. Why? I had no idea that a lot of people actually liked it. So what's a boy to do?  Not everything is about success or money. I'll begin Volume II of my China adventure within the next week.

Thanks for the support, and sorry for the drama.

Much Ruv.

I'm so thankful to hear this... I found it a bit depressing to think that you were giving up on your blog. What would I do for entertainment on those long afternoons with minimal work to get done? I find solace in your stories. Thanks for the hard work, and keep it up! I know eventually I'll pick up your books, but right now I'm working on Stephen King's "It" and it'll probably take me a bit.

Online CliffK

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Super Waygook
« Reply #158 on: September 04, 2018, 02:07:49 PM »
Very happy to hear you're picking the pen back up! I along with many others here really enjoy your work.

Online kengreen

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #159 on: September 04, 2018, 03:51:01 PM »