February 16, 2019, 04:00:19 PM

Author Topic: How many lessons a week do you plan?  (Read 487 times)

Offline Kaynadian

• Adventurer
How many lessons a week do you plan?
« on: April 11, 2018, 01:04:16 PM »
I'm just curious to see how many lessons a week the average NET makes. I teach at 3 middle schools and I plan and make about 10 lessons a week and teach 21 classes and one after school class. I manage to plan everything within school hours but I don't have much spare time to relax during the day. What's your schedule like?

Offline Datasapien

• Super Waygook
  • The sun smells too loud.
Re: How many lessons a week do you plan?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 02:40:16 PM »
I think I'm pretty lucky, only have to prep 5 lessons per week and teach my 22 hours. 2 of the lessons are textbook stuff so I just throw together a PPT to introduce the grammar / some pics for practice and language generation and then some kind of supplementary activity. For the other 3 classes I don't have a book so have to make my lessons from scratch, which usually takes me bloody ages. So I do end up doing maybe 2-3 hours of extra prep at home throughout the week. It's a little lame but it means I'm slowly building up a bank of lessons I'm chuffed with that I can use in the future.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Offline Kaynadian

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 03:29:32 PM »
All but two lessons are from the textbook so I borrow from here and mix and match lessons I've done at my other schools. If I didn't I think I would be working until midnight every night.

Offline Sagi Keun

• Waygookin
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 07:43:45 PM »
I plan all my lessons. I think thats normal at every school.

Problem comes when they start asking you to make lesson plans 6 months in advance.  :huh: