March 27, 2019, 08:21:19 AM

Author Topic: 50 years since the death of Dr. King  (Read 2666 times)

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
Re: 50 years since the death of Dr. King
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2018, 09:49:35 PM »
Here's another thought. A lot of policemen arresting black people for crimes are actually black/Hispanic themselves. Do these arrests also make it into the statistics proving 'institutional racism'. I bet they do.  Also, If the police make an arrest after responding to a call from the public surely the colour of the person who called the police should be taken into account as they are the ones initiating the process - the police just being public servants. I bet it isn't. Unless it's one of those rare, highly publicised occasions when a black person is arrested for something they didn't do and the person who calls the police is white.

The only real way to prove institutionalised racism would be to show the statistics of white cops arresting black people on their own volition, and without any clear reason who were subsequently released without charge, against the numbers of white cops and white people or black cops and black/white people.  (You probably don't need to bother with Hispanics and Asians as, let's be honest it's just about white people v black people)

Or the statistics of the number of black people arrested for a crime reported by a white person that later turned out to be false against the same cases of black people reporting other blacks or whites reporting whites.

I guess you could also make a good claim by showing the statistics for identical crimes committed by black and white people who received different sentencing. Though this would be virtually impossible due to all the other things that are taken into account when sentencing.   
Half-baked excuses posing as reasoned assumptions. Get back to me when your loaf has risen.

Offline Foreverparadise

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2018, 12:07:30 AM »
Louis Farrakhan told a story once on how Harry Belafonte was with Martin Luther King one day, and Belafonte noticed during that last days before King's assassination that he was melancholy. Belafonte asked Dr. King why he was in a melancholy mood, Dr. King Answered Belafonte saying that he is integrating black people into a burning house. Since the past 50 years after King's assassination the USA has always been a house on fire and it still is. It makes no sense for people to dwell in a burning house. Because as long as the USA is a burning house all I can say as a Canadian is let it burn because it will soon cease to exist.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2018, 12:23:02 AM »
Louis Farrakhan told a story once on how Harry Belafonte was with Martin Luther King one day, and Belafonte noticed during that last days before King's assassination that he was melancholy. Belafonte asked Dr. King why he was in a melancholy mood, Dr. King Answered Belafonte saying that he is integrating black people into a burning house. Since the past 50 years after King's assassination the USA has always been a house on fire and it still is. It makes no sense for people to dwell in a burning house. Because as long as the USA is a burning house all I can say as a Canadian is let it burn because it will soon cease to exist.
The joys of fauxtherhood

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2018, 09:08:37 AM »
We should bring back Prohibition. I'm sort of serious. It seems like even though things were more discriminatory, it was one of the few "happy times" as everyone was getting drunk and it was the first time we started to see people of different backgrounds intermingle in a positive happy manner as everyone was focused on thumbing their nose at the law and getting drunk.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2018, 09:54:31 AM »
We should bring back Prohibition. I'm sort of serious. It seems like even though things were more discriminatory, it was one of the few "happy times" as everyone was getting drunk and it was the first time we started to see people of different backgrounds intermingle in a positive happy manner as everyone was focused on thumbing their nose at the law and getting drunk.
Speaking from personal experience, or texting while drinking and driving? I guess that's both.

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2018, 10:53:28 AM »
New documentary about what a racist country the US is:

That's what they want to believe.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2018, 02:59:32 AM »
New documentary about what a racist country the US is:

That's what they want to believe.
Seeing is believing except to those mesmerized by the risible rights' media outlets.