October 17, 2018, 01:19:05 AM

Author Topic: flight reimbursing  (Read 289 times)

Offline profporkchop

• Adventurer
flight reimbursing
« on: March 25, 2018, 12:18:01 PM »
I've had a few interviews, and they seemed pretty good, except the last few seem to want to get me to pay my own flight with a reimbursement --at the end of the contract

that seems like a way to have me for a year, fire me near the end, and not be responsible for the flight money...

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
Re: flight reimbursing
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 07:38:42 AM »
I've had a few interviews, and they seemed pretty good, except the last few seem to want to get me to pay my own flight with a reimbursement --at the end of the contract

that seems like a way to have me for a year, fire me near the end, and not be responsible for the flight money...

If you already have reservations then I'd go with your gut feeling.  Paying 1.3 million+ for a flight and then getting it at the end is a little dangerous as you say, but then again some schools don't offer any flight reimbursement at all.  But I'd feel a little uncomfortable about forking out that money to get it a year later, as like you say if you don't finish the contract you probably won't see it.  There are good jobs out there with good benefits, if there is something you're not happy about, then give it a pass. 

Online JNM

• The Legend
Re: flight reimbursing
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 08:27:00 AM »
Agree.

If the business canít front a ticket, they might have other financial issues.