February 23, 2019, 05:30:40 PM

Author Topic: Repeating activites  (Read 805 times)

Offline mikeycknowsrnb

• Adventurer
Repeating activites
« on: March 23, 2018, 10:37:35 AM »
I just want to know what your personal timeline as far as repeating activities are. I just want to avoid making repetitive lessons and students getting bored. How many core games/activities do you have and how long do you wait until you use that activity again? Or do you not care and just use it often if the game/ activity fits?

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
Re: Repeating activites
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 10:46:06 AM »
I typically use core games/activities once a semester, but I also typically only repeat the most popular ones and use the second semester mostly as an opportunity to test out new games or activities.

When I repeat a game or activity, I also tend to tweak it each time.

Filler games get used several times during the semester, but these are never longer than about 5 minutes.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 03:14:51 PM by Chinguetti »

Offline ak1700

• Waygookin
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 12:20:30 PM »
I base mine on the age/level of the kids. Elementary students (especially 3rd and 4th) respond better to repetition, both in games and class structure. If you have middle or high school, mixing it up and keeping them on their toes is probably better!

Offline gj148

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 03:47:36 PM »
If a game works with students and I get a good reaction I repeat...I just make sure to mix it up a bit. For example, I do a kpop reading elimination game pretty often...but I always change up the songs or pictures. I also do alot of telepathy writing games where I change the theme often (Pokemon, Funny GIFS, KPop, Music, minions etc.) I think repetition at least in elementary is fine and maybe even welcomed by some of your students when they really love a game so it really just depends on your students' interests.