March 19, 2019, 11:28:58 PM

Author Topic: 2018 Grade 4 Daekyo 1 - 1. How Are You?  (Read 1865 times)

Offline taeyang

• Moderator - LVL 4
  • Waygook Lord
2018 Grade 4 Daekyo 1 - 1. How Are You?
« on: March 18, 2018, 08:14:24 PM »
z
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

Offline purpleparrot

• Adventurer
Re: 2018 Grade 4 Daekyo 1 - 1. How Are You?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 08:10:38 AM »
1.1 - Line Bingo - give each student a strip of 7 boxes and have them cut them out.  They make a line of cards (in any order).  Using the bigger cards, call out one of the cards.  If the students have that card on the outside of their line (far left or far right), they can take that card away.  They can only take cards away if they are on the outside.  Keep playing until someone gets rid of all their cards. 

1.2 - Coin Flick.  Students place a coin in the circle and flick it to get it into one of the boxes and then have to say what's inside the box.  The student with the most boxes is the winner.  Works best as a pair activity.

Offline annataleen

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Super Waygook
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 12:48:15 PM »
I redid this lesson from the old 3rd grade book (yes 3rd grade!). Thank you do the orginal creator. In the book for period 2, the activity is to play some version of Evolution, but it is so confusing. So we just played this version and it was easy.

Everyone starts out as a cockroach and moves up to chicken, monkey, and human. I added king for the last level. If they win at rock paper scissors, they move up, but if they don't win they either stay in the same position (if they are a cockroach) or move down. I set aside an area of the room that was for humans so it would be easier for them to find each other. Then the king was in front of the class. We would ring a bell and announce the king, and everyone would return to their desks and we would start over. Each time we added a new king to make the game last longer ( 2 kings, then 3, and so on.). The students enjoyed it.

I added some expressions on the last slide that was kept on during the game.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 12:53:08 PM by annataleen »

Offline hangook77

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 01:26:55 PM »
Old daekyo same title chapter.

http://www.waygook.org/index.php/topic,69922

Offline gj148

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 03:08:10 PM »
Credit to the orignal creator of the Ninja attack game. I just changed the ppt around so that it centered around this lesson's key expressions. Note that some of the expressions used (I'm angry, I'm hungry, I'm tired, I'm sick, and good bye) are not those that appear in the book. However I needed more variety in answers especially since most already know the other four answers the book provides.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FTA4FqdPNR3QJqT6iYbwnEV2jbJM3mt7

Credit to original creator of chase the vocab. Made a version for this lesson :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14kP5ppoiCS5ECb2eTbNxzCSyGoFAHvOy

Offline Hannahbatch

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 10:04:08 AM »
Hello! If it helps anyone here is my 'chase the vocab' game to introduce the new characters to the kids in 3rd and 4th grades. The template was taken from another thread and adapted, so thank you to the original maker.

Offline Kalama131

• Waygookin
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 03:26:20 PM »
I did Section 2 Speaking section.
1-We did a simple review with the key expressions using Good --- key phrases review
2- Look and Say missing words
3-Button game
i did other things too but i used these materials during the lesson.

Offline krodeleven11

• Newgookin
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 03:45:17 PM »
I hope someone can use this Doraemon bomb game I edited that Kyle Ludeke created. It's a great template! In my class we take the listening assessments at the end of the teacher's book and so this game was really meant to review for it.

I highly suggest looking through the game first as it could be too easy for some students.  :smiley:

Offline wndd210

• Explorer
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 02:36:01 PM »
1.1 - Line Bingo - give each student a strip of 7 boxes and have them cut them out.  They make a line of cards (in any order).  Using the bigger cards, call out one of the cards.  If the students have that card on the outside of their line (far left or far right), they can take that card away.  They can only take cards away if they are on the outside.  Keep playing until someone gets rid of all their cards. 

1.2 - Coin Flick.  Students place a coin in the circle and flick it to get it into one of the boxes and then have to say what's inside the box.  The student with the most boxes is the winner.  Works best as a pair activity.

Love these game ideas! Especially second one. Thank you.

Offline vicarious

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 11:14:43 AM »
Nunchi reading game I made. Just click the words to make them disappear as the students say them and proceed to the next slide.  I made it rainbow-themed to make it look interesting.  ;D