January 22, 2019, 03:01:55 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: Read My Book  (Read 2761 times)

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
Re: Read My Book
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2018, 03:12:12 PM »
You really messed up your formatting, shanebarry. It was not me who wrote about Piggydee "sh***ing on white men" (although I'd agree that is the kind of thing she'd do).

Offline loveloveit

• Waygookin
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2018, 03:30:55 PM »
I wrote a novel and had it on Amazon for years. It pretty much sucked but it felt great to get it out of my head. it actually sold a few copies. literaly a few.  I praise you for your effort. The writing style is like nails on a chalk board for me though. So stilted with SO much extraneous information. I have never read the books others are saying you pulled your style from.....but I now know who to avoid.  And reading an asian accent is just as bad as hearing someone attempt one.....it just feels racist somehow.  Not my cup tea at all.

But major kudos to you for putting it out there and writing the damn thing.

Offline kengreen

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2018, 05:06:07 PM »
I wrote a novel and had it on Amazon for years. It pretty much sucked but it felt great to get it out of my head. it actually sold a few copies. literaly a few.  I praise you for your effort. The writing style is like nails on a chalk board for me though. So stilted with SO much extraneous information. I have never read the books others are saying you pulled your style from.....but I now know who to avoid.  And reading an asian accent is just as bad as hearing someone attempt one.....it just feels racist somehow.  Not my cup tea at all.

But major kudos to you for putting it out there and writing the damn thing.

Thanks.

Online guppy1000

• Waygookin
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2018, 05:45:20 PM »
Nice cautionary tale for people considering becoming long-termers married to Koreans. 

Offline bosun

• Veteran
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2018, 08:53:33 PM »
Been a fan since Big Bill days..still am.
Well done. Enjoyed it all kengreen. Well done!

Offline kengreen

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2018, 09:12:27 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 05:43:22 AM by kengreen »

Offline VanIslander

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Lovin' the southernmost islands
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2018, 10:08:05 PM »
The last expat who wrote a book about Korea and asked me to read it ended up taking a job in China and throwing himself off of a tall building into oblivion.

So, with all due respect to S.M., I'm hesitant here...