January 22, 2019, 01:48:09 PM

Author Topic: Read My Book  (Read 2763 times)

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
Re: Read My Book
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2018, 05:38:26 AM »
Ken, is it necessary to include lines like 'I had a nasty shit' ...and 'I wiped my ass?' Not a prude, just wondering what you think they contribute towards the narrative. Some parts of it in that respect reminded me of irving Welsh's 'Filth.'

Nope just saying this story has already been written many times before but better.

Can you name three books that this applies to? I'm genuinely curious.

Offline kengreen

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2018, 05:49:14 AM »
Ken, is it necessary to include lines like 'I had a nasty shit' ...and 'I wiped my ass?' Not a prude, just wondering what you think they contribute towards the narrative. Some parts of it in that respect reminded me of irving Welsh's 'Filth.'

Nope just saying this story has already been written many times before but better.

It IS pretty disgusting. But my mind just seems to work that way.

Offline kengreen

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2018, 05:51:05 AM »
Spent the past two days reading all 93 Chapters. Wow. Please write more!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Would love to see what happens in China!

Thanks for the kind words. But I'm not sure what the future holds. I've always wanted to write a book, and now it's done. I'm gonna slap this baby on Amazon this summer, and officially call myself a novelist. However, if nobody reads the damn thing, then what's the point of writing another.

Have a wonderful day. And I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Cheers.

Offline kengreen

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2018, 05:52:51 AM »
Would you mind discussing your influences, OP?

Getting a strong Bukowski vibe. It's basically 'Post Office' in urban Korea, yeah?

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I've never actually read Bukowski. In fact, these days I mainly watch television. However, the guy I like the best is Vonnegut. I stole my writing style from him.

Online Piggydee

• The Legend
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2018, 07:27:44 AM »

Umm any history book that portrays Europeans as the white saviors to any none-European country.....the history of Pocahontas.  Plus this book reads like a really bad episode of Sullivan and Son, which could have done this whole overbearing Asian mom thing but less cringe-y.

Offline theman3285

• Super Waygook
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2018, 07:44:27 AM »

The book's called 'Filthy Beast' - go figure.

And the narrator is a jaded, dirty old man - that's just how they speak:p Think of Hank, in 'Post Office' (sorry for repeated references to this book). Here's an excerpt:

... I went to the bathroom and vomited. I finished,
stuck my face against the mirror. There were long black hairs
sticking out all over my face. Suddenly I had to sit down and
shit. It was a good hot one.
The doorbell rang. I finished wiping my ass, got into some old
clothes and went to the door.

No one ever said to Bukowski, 'what is this contributing to the narrative?'

Sometimes taking a nasty shit is just the highlight of one's day.

Online tanis62458

• Super Waygook
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2018, 08:53:04 AM »
congrats on writing a book dude

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2018, 09:00:40 AM »
why do I feel you got with this woman as a fetish f**k and now are super annoyed with everything about her and her culture because you fell into the trap that she was going to be a quiet, docile, petite woman who cooks, cleans, and paints the house for you and not be like those loud, fat, ugly, bush bi***es that are western women.   Must of been a shock that news flash she is just like any other woman.    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm sorry that you don't feel wanted.  :laugh:

Nope - you recommended his son get therapy and then accused him of intentionally choosing a wife that would bow to his sadistic patriarchal whims.

Piggy loves the chance to shit on the white man and how women or non white people are oppressed because of those scumbag white men. It's a recurring narrative. Must be hard living in a foreign country as an ethnic minority taking every possible chance to tell everyone how tough you have it not being a white male. lol.

I think the book is top bantz.
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2018, 09:03:45 AM »

Umm any history book that portrays Europeans as the white saviors to any none-European country.....the history of Pocahontas.  Plus this book reads like a really bad episode of Sullivan and Son, which could have done this whole overbearing Asian mom thing but less cringe-y.

I thought you were talking about novels

Offline thunderlips

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2018, 09:05:46 AM »
why do I feel you got with this woman as a fetish f**k and now are super annoyed with everything about her and her culture because you fell into the trap that she was going to be a quiet, docile, petite woman who cooks, cleans, and paints the house for you and not be like those loud, fat, ugly, bush bi***es that are western women.   Must of been a shock that news flash she is just like any other woman.    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm sorry that you don't feel wanted.  :laugh:

Nope - you recommended his son get therapy and then accused him of intentionally choosing a wife that would bow to his sadistic patriarchal whims.

Piggy loves the chance to shit on the white man and how women or non white people are oppressed because of those scumbag white men. It's a recurring narrative. Must be hard living in a foreign country as an ethnic minority taking every possible chance to tell everyone how tough you have it not being a white male. lol.

Let's be honest, if you are a chick I'll eat my hat.

Offline CJ

• Super Waygook
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2018, 10:41:19 AM »

The book's called 'Filthy Beast' - go figure.

And the narrator is a jaded, dirty old man - that's just how they speak:p Think of Hank, in 'Post Office' (sorry for repeated references to this book). Here's an excerpt:

... I went to the bathroom and vomited. I finished,
stuck my face against the mirror. There were long black hairs
sticking out all over my face. Suddenly I had to sit down and
shit. It was a good hot one.
The doorbell rang. I finished wiping my ass, got into some old
clothes and went to the door.

No one ever said to Bukowski, 'what is this contributing to the narrative?'

Sometimes taking a nasty shit is just the highlight of one's day.

Yes, but every day?

Aren't all turds nasty to a degree? I can't say I've ever done a turd and praised anything about it. Mmmm, that one smells OK; oh, look! this one has some corn in it!

A quick look at his China blog and again! More turd references. One might think he's got a scat fetish.

Offline kengreen

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2018, 11:12:17 AM »
congrats on writing a book dude

Thanks. It's always been on my bucket-list. Now I can die a happy man. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2018, 11:26:08 AM »
Has your wife become nicer now her thyroid has gone?
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline theman3285

• Super Waygook
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2018, 11:42:43 AM »
Woah, spoiler alert :P

Offline kengreen

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2018, 11:49:29 AM »

The book isn't an autobiography. It's more of a novel. With that said, medical research indicates that there is a connection between mood and thyroid disease.

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2018, 12:11:43 PM »

The book isn't an autobiography. It's more of a novel. With that said, medical research indicates that there is a connection between mood and thyroid disease.

Ohhh. I misread your reply to piggy on the first page. Well, I'm glad that your wife isn't that way. Becuase it sounded hellish. Poor White Buffalo.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2018, 02:58:02 PM »
    Biography styled books aren't 100% my cup of tea, but grats on the novel! It must feel nice getting it out of your head.
    I've always wanted to write something decent and get it published, but I always get caught in the revisionist loop about 10,000 words in where I edit and re-edit the story to death.  :sad:

Actually, I tend to do the same to my longer comments here on Wayg as well.

Offline kengreen

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2018, 04:50:40 PM »
    Biography styled books aren't 100% my cup of tea, but grats on the novel! It must feel nice getting it out of your head.
    I've always wanted to write something decent and get it published, but I always get caught in the revisionist loop about 10,000 words in where I edit and re-edit the story to death.  :sad:

Actually, I tend to do the same to my longer comments here on Wayg as well.

These days--with Amazon--everyone can get published. That's what finally motivated me to complete the task. My novel probably sucks, but it will be published this summer. And I don't have to pay a dime. So what the heck.

Online shanebarry1986

• Super Waygook
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2018, 03:03:20 PM »

Piggy literally writes like a 12 year old girl, with the constant expletives and  :shocked: :cry: :cry: :P 8) :cry: :huh: :police: :azn: :blank: :angel: :angel: :afro: :sad: :cheesy: :smiley: :lipsrsealed: :cry: :laugh: >:( ;D ;D

I reckon Piggy is the alt account of that racist who always argues with DeMartino (waygo0k, I think). Either that or there are two angry, racist, hateful, barely literate, ideologically possessed.... people teaching English to (probably) kids in Korea. That's no good for anyone.

Online Piggydee

• The Legend
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2018, 03:06:23 PM »
k