December 13, 2018, 08:40:29 PM

Author Topic: What forms do i need to get my address changed on national id card?  (Read 327 times)

Offline cashclay

• Veteran
I went to the office and they were so booked.  The person whom I was talking was very impatient and I couldnt make out what he ws saying.  I think he said something about a contract that i needed from my new place of residence.  Can anyone tell if this is true?  If so what is it and how do you say it in korean?  Thanks

Online OnNut81

• Expert Waygook
Re: What forms do i need to get my address changed on national id card?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 03:07:43 PM »
I've changed my residence a number of times but it never got changed on the front of my I.D.  Sometimes they would add in a new school on the back, but most of the time they just updated it on the computer.  I have my own housing and when I've moved I've gone to the Gu office and changed it, but not on my I.D.

Offline JenH

• Explorer
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 03:27:13 PM »
I did this recently myself. Was recommended to do it at the local 주민세터/residents' centre/local Gu office. You need to fill out a simple form (체류지 변경신고서) - the office should have these available. Documents needed -

If your housing is in your name, bring:
- The original copy of the housing contract
- Your ARC

If your housing is not in your name (i.e. in your school's name), bring:
- A copy of the housing contract
- Proof of housing form (거주/숙소제공확인서) with your school's official stamp on it
- Copy of your school's business certificate (사업자등록증)
- Your ARC

The registration process is pretty fast! When I did it, they wrote my new address on the back of my ARC with a sharpie  :laugh:

Offline cashclay

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 03:42:23 PM »
So what is the name of a housing contract in korean ?  Im trying to tell this person but he has no idea lol.  Yeah my korean is pretty bad.  And Im not part of a school or here on a teaching job.   I dont remember this being this complicated last time.

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 06:27:32 PM »
Housing Contract (rental agreement) = 임대차 계약서  :smiley: