June 22, 2018, 07:06:36 PM

Author Topic: How real is fake news?  (Read 660 times)

Offline hangook77

• Expert Waygook
How real is fake news?
« on: February 25, 2018, 07:46:33 PM »
How real is fake news?  Let's ask a former CBS reporter who hit just as hard at Bush as she did at Obama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQcCIzjz9_s&feature=youtu.be

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
Re: How real is fake news?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 09:49:23 PM »
Who just happens to be selling a story, book, blog etc, in the same way as those she "investigates." But she's got a ral following among those whose choice of chapeau is manufactured from tin foil.

Summer is coming!

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 09:57:37 PM »
Looking at the top up voted comments...

"Sandy Hook was a complete hoax."

...wow...

Not going to even watch the video. I can see who posted it- hangook77- then immediately click away.

Offline hangook77

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 11:13:39 PM »
I would expect an opposite reply from the two of you trolls.  If there was a fire and I gave you a bucket of water, no doubt you'd refuse it and burn alive rather than the pride of ever accepting anything from me or common sense ever. 

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 07:56:43 AM »
"The fire was a false flag started by deep state Democrats to scare us into giving up our guns!!!!"

Well, thanks for the water. A life saved is a life saved.

Offline Andyman

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 11:51:26 AM »
Hangook77's next post in the queue:

Please send money to my nephew, The Prince of Nigeria! He is a benevolent leader and will use your generous short-term loan to halt the international trafficking in Bansai Cats.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 06:57:58 PM »
I would expect an opposite reply from the two of you trolls.  If there was a fire and I gave you a bucket of water, no doubt you'd refuse it and burn alive rather than the pride of ever accepting anything from me or common sense ever.
Common sense--from you? 8)

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 11:09:04 PM »
It must be awful for shameless Republican dweebs to live in Korea and have to deal with the horrors of public health care and not being shot at.

Offline Aurata

• Expert Waygook
  • Je regrette rien
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 12:17:25 AM »
Not going to even watch the video. I can see who posted it- hangook77- then immediately click away.

Why not open yourself up to alternative views?

if you don't you're simply living in an echo chamber.

Quote from: hankook77
How real is fake news?

Most news reports are not simple lies per se. All the media is reporting on the same events.

Its the interpretation of those events though. The explanations given, the spin, the charged language, the insinuation, and even more importantly, what they leave out.

Imagine your Korea...

Offline Andyman

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 08:51:35 AM »
Here are some of today's headlines from one of Aurata's favorite news sources, YourNewsWire, which continues to push the Pizzagate hoax, falsely claimed that 25 million fraudulent votes were cast for Hillary Clinton, and conspicuously avoids discussion of human rights abuses in Russia, despite "reporting" frequently on Russian news...

"Rivers Turning Red All Over The World As Biblical End Times Prophecy Fulfilled"

"William Cooper Warned ‘Deep State’ Would Engineer School Shootings To Disarm Americans"

"Time Traveller Who Passed Polygraph Test, Says Trump Will Be Re-elected In 2020"

"New Study: 95%+ Of NFL Players Have A Brain Disease"

Offline Andyman

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 08:56:32 AM »
Cue that last comment being taken as a personal, uncritical endorsement of everything every mainstream media outlet has printed or broadcast since Gutenberg's time.

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2018, 11:00:01 AM »
One of the shadowy industry's pioneers is a soft-spoken law school dropout. Worried that his online accounts could be shut down, the 24-year-old asked to be known only as Mikhail.

He takes on a different persona at night, prowling the internet as "Jesica," an American who frequently posts pro-Trump memes on Facebook.

The website and Facebook page that "Jesica" runs caters to conservative readers in the U.S.

The stories are political — and often wrong on the facts. But that doesn't concern Mikhail.

He claims to have earned up to $2,500 a day from advertising on his website, while the average monthly income in Macedonia is just $426.

The profits come primarily from ad services such as Google’s AdSense, which place targeted advertisements around the web. Each click sends a little bit of cash back to the content creator.

Mikhail says he has used his profits to buy a house and put his younger sister through school.

The former law student claims that he once had 15 employees — including two writers in the U.S. — churning out stories and engaging with fans. His last website had around 1.5 million Facebook followers, mostly in the U.S.

That site was blocked a few months ago after Facebook and Google started cracking down on fake news sites. Mikhail is now retooling his operation, with his sights set firmly on the 2020 presidential election.

"My primary goal is to prepare a site like I was having before, to be ready for the next election in America," he said.

http://money.cnn.com/interactive/media/the-macedonia-story/

Offline hangook77

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2018, 03:22:25 AM »
Common sense--from you? 8)

Trolling and ocd from you?  I mean I post once or twice a week and you post weird leftist bs 10 times a day.  Seriously dude.  Get off the internet and go out and explore the world.  Cant wait for more generation Z members to come of age. 

Offline blaire

• Waygookin
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2018, 02:18:24 PM »
Great!

Learn new things. Meet new people. Be inspired.
Check out a KOTESOL chapter event near you!
koreatesol.org/nc2018