November 19, 2018, 06:58:24 PM

Author Topic: Cultural Appropriation is liberal propaganda!  (Read 2905 times)

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
Re: Cultural Appropriation is liberal propaganda!
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2018, 11:27:27 AM »
And in case you don't know, there is a Jamaican Jerk chicken restaurant in Seoul called Zion Boat.

I rate this post as most important in the thread because I am now aware of a Jamaican Jerk chicken place in Seoul.

If only there was a good Ethiopian place.....

And as for Africans, yes there are Africans who are conservative too. But not conservative to the
point of being racist because black people are the least racist people in the world.

I think that's a rather bold proclamation to make and I'm not sure it would stand up to scrutiny. I know for a fact that there a sizable numbers of the East Asian, South Asian, and Middle-Eastern communities in the United States at least, that would rate African-American racism and treatment towards them as worse than white racism.

You should know!  Did you keep a straight face when you typed that?

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2018, 11:45:37 AM »
You should know!  Did you keep a straight face when you typed that?

Great contribution to the topic, thanks!

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2018, 01:45:42 PM »
http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/phone/news/view.jsp?req_newsidx=243861&utm_source=dable

Korea embraces diversity for strong Olympic team

More like "Brittle, Proudly Xenophobic Nation Buys Athletes to Save Face"

Dude, every small-medium sized country out there does this. Singling out Korea for this is ridiculous and just a sign of your own bigoted bias.

To take it to the extreme, Hitler did this when it came to Jesse Owens at the 1936 Olympics. His point being that African-Americans were segregated against in the USA, but they were then trotted out when it came to the Olympics. African-American athletes have made the same point from a different angle- that they're cheered and celebrated by the country when they win, but think that there is systemic racism in the system.

Anyways, the athletes that they invited are in sports that Korea isn't expected to medal in. How is it saving face to bring in foreign athletes to get trounced 8-1 by Slovakia or whoever in ice hockey? Is it that different than getting trounced 12-1? All the sports that Korea is expected to medal in or even have a chance at a medal are with Korean athletes- bobsled (outside chance), skeleton, speed skating, short track, moguls (failed), and mayyybe curling. Your point is great on the critical, but utterly devoid of the thinking and I think you really need to examine your biased attitudes that are causing you to express such unfounded opinions.
Those foreign athletes are building blocks for improving those sports programs. They expect to see results down the road.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2018, 02:23:01 PM »
Those foreign athletes are building blocks for improving those sports programs. They expect to see results down the road.

Yup. Now people can agree or disagree whether this is a good thing, but I think it's really unfair to single Korea out for this.

Again, all countries do this. Like I mentioned, I personally know someone who was on the New Zealand Ice Hockey team as a Canadian. Got his citizenship all expedited and everything. Is New Zealand "brittle and proudly Xenophobic"? What about various teams in various sports who invite people of heritage to compete in other countries around the globe, often with the hope of promoting that sport in their country?

Take for example the Israeli World Baseball Classic team which was mostly composed of Americans of Jewish descent. Johnny Damon played for Team USA and then Team Thailand so that he could help them qualify, thereby possibly promoting baseball in Thailand.

Sports in other countries have to start somewhere. I'm sure at one point Team USA Taekwondo had some Korean-born coaches. Now Team USA Taekwondo can stand on its own and the sport has expanded.

I think for MayorHaggar it's not wrong because of any particular objective standard, it's simply wrong because it was Korea doing it.

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2018, 02:24:17 PM »
http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/phone/news/view.jsp?req_newsidx=243861&utm_source=dable

Korea embraces diversity for strong Olympic team

More like "Brittle, Proudly Xenophobic Nation Buys Athletes to Save Face"

Dude, every small-medium sized country out there does this. Singling out Korea for this is ridiculous and just a sign of your own bigoted bias.

To take it to the extreme, Hitler did this when it came to Jesse Owens at the 1936 Olympics. His point being that African-Americans were segregated against in the USA, but they were then trotted out when it came to the Olympics. African-American athletes have made the same point from a different angle- that they're cheered and celebrated by the country when they win, but think that there is systemic racism in the system.

Anyways, the athletes that they invited are in sports that Korea isn't expected to medal in. How is it saving face to bring in foreign athletes to get trounced 8-1 by Slovakia or whoever in ice hockey? Is it that different than getting trounced 12-1? All the sports that Korea is expected to medal in or even have a chance at a medal are with Korean athletes- bobsled (outside chance), skeleton, speed skating, short track, moguls (failed), and mayyybe curling. Your point is great on the critical, but utterly devoid of the thinking and I think you really need to examine your biased attitudes that are causing you to express such unfounded opinions.

It was stupid when Croatia and the UAE and Qatar buy players, and it's stupid when South Korea does it, especially considering all the xenophobia here. "Oh no, we won't serve you any food or beer, you're a foreigner. This is Korea. Oh, you can play hockey? Do you want Korean citizenship?"

I really hope I don't have to remind you of all the times Koreans have raked foreigners over the coals for trying to fit in here, even foreign-born Koreans have been treated like shit here. Meanwhile a Canadian could easily live in New Zealand without any problems, and an American Jew could easily move to Israel and do whatever he/she wanted.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 02:27:12 PM by MayorHaggar »

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2018, 03:12:20 PM »
It was stupid when Croatia and the UAE and Qatar buy players, and it's stupid when South Korea does it

Is it stupid when TeamUSA hires a Korean-born coach for say, Taekwondo? Is it stupid when they hire Jurgen Klinsmann as their manager? Is it stupid when players obtain EU-passports so they can play for La Liga teams?

Are you really against giving more athletes a chance to compete and promoting sports that are less popular?

Sounds to me like you're just jealous.

and it's stupid when South Korea does it, especially considering all the xenophobia here. "Oh no, we won't serve you any food or beer, you're a foreigner. This is Korea.

Korea didn't say that. Some asshat of a restaurant owner said that (And 99 others would gladly take your money).

For someone who complains about Trumpers and bigotry, that statement right there is a prime example of bigoted thinking.

I really hope I don't have to remind you of all the times Koreans have raked foreigners over the coals for trying to fit in here

Okay. Go for it.

And how many times have Koreans tried to make foreigners feel welcome here? I think each of us probably have a bunch of people we know who tried to make us feel welcome and fit in.

And you do realize that what you're saying could apply to any foreigner in any country, right?

Meanwhile a Canadian could easily live in New Zealand without any problems, and an American Jew could easily move to Israel and do whatever he/she wanted.

Posts in a thread about "cultural appropriation" talks about "without any problems" when it comes to people living as immigrants. :rolleyes: I may think those problems are overblown and stupid, but race is obviously a huge issue back home.

And seriously, A Canadian living in New Zealand? THAT'S your example of tolerance and treatment? I think this SJW stuff is nonsense but even I have to shake my head at how bad that example is. Both former British colonies, both Anglo-heritage, both speak the same language, both look alike. Totally the same as foreigners in Korea!

Me? I think both the SJW stuff back home and the hysterical screams of racism here are way overblown. Let some dumb American wear a sombrero on Cinco de Drinko and let some waygook in Korea rock his Hanbok.

Offline Foreverparadise

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2018, 12:18:31 AM »

What you fail to realise about cultural appropriation is that it was sensationalized and
exploited by the white man to take traditional clothing and even traditional foods from
non-white cultures, and patronize these cultures in a way that makes a mockery of these
cultures to entertain stereotypes of people.

When I was living and working in Korea and I walked out in public wearing my tailored
hanbok, no Korean ever ridiculed me for cultural appropriation. Why? That is because for
one, my hanbok was tailor made for me to wear by a skilled Korean hanbok makers who
have the real cultural knowledge of making hanboks, and second, I only wore my hanbok
on specific occasions, such as going to church during the Chuseok or Seollal holidays. Most
of all I wore my hanbok in a respective manner as a proud black man who acts respectable
towards people as Malcolm X taught.

I am now teaching for a First Nations school board in Canada, and I can assure you that
if I wore a so-called Indian costume here at my school for some event like Halloween, I
would most likely lose my job or get disciplined because these so-called Indian costumes
they sell during Halloween are not even made my Native Canadians, but made by white-owned
companies that mock the First Nations cultures. This goes back to the times when First
Nations children were forced out of their homes into residential schools and were forced
to not speak their languages or practice their cultures, and yet white kids were allowed to
wear First Nations clothing like moccasins just to make a mockery of the First Nations
people. That is an example of what cultural appropriation is. I would even say the same
thing about blackface, yes that was one of the worst forms of cultural appropriation ever
to exist because it a form of entertainment made to dehumanize black people. I would
sure love to be the first person to throw acid on the face of a person who paints his face
black for blackface entertainment.

If anybody wants to claim that the term "cultural appropriation" is "liberal," that is your
choice, but I don't see it as a liberal term, but rather a term to speak out against
immorality. If you want to wear the clothing of a different culture, or cook food from
a different culture, or sing music from a different culture, learn about them. Because
patronizing these cultures without learning about them is making a mockery of them
which is what cultural appropriation is. And besides, only a conservative white man
would complain that the term "cultural appropriation" is a liberal term because too many
conservative white people are so biased that they don't know how to call out racism.
This is why most conservative white people have the highest capability of being racist.

Most conservative white men are racist? Interesting!

Why not just conservative people? Why is the word white in there?

Are Asian and African conservatives exempt from racism?

Definitely a liberal would explain an answer like this. Turning people against each other and pandering for votes.

Would a non-white person wearing a viking costume with bull horns  and white face paint warrant and acid attack too as you put it?

Also you seem to think only white people can culturally appropriate others. Why is this?

Remember folks only white conservatives are evil!

Even Korean conservatives can be just as racist as white conservatives. And yes, I have seen
Koreans and other Asians engage into practices of cultural appropriation, from the mild form
to the most extreme racist ways. But it is no surprise because most Koreans in Korea have no
exposure to people outside their race or culture. And because most Koreans and other Asians
worship white people and things that originate from the West, most Koreans are most likely to
be gullible to follow the trends of cultural appropriation as inspired by the American entertainment
media machine. Not to mention food. I have been to many festivals where they have international
food stands, and the Mexican food stands I have seen there are all run by Koreans, who think they
know what Mexican food is but truly don't know what real Mexican food is. That is cultural appropriation.

And in case you don't know, there is a Jamaican Jerk chicken restaurant in Seoul called Zion Boat.
The owner of this restaurant is Korean. I know him because I ate at his restaurant before I became
a vegetarian. The way he makes his jerk chicken is just the way Jamaicans make it, even though
he integrates it with the styles and flavors of Korean food. Is that cultural appropriation? No. That's
cultural appreciation and cultural exchange.

What you fail to see is that the influences of white supremacy has corrupted society around the
world to the point that even certain people of certain racial groups want to hate themselves for
things like having the darker colour of their skin. And if you read about what I mentioned regarding
the residential schools, that indicates that white supremacy is the cause of cultural appropriation
by taking what is original from another culture and patronizing that other culture by making a
mockery of that culture. That is a product of white supremacy.

And as for Africans, yes there are Africans who are conservative too. But not conservative to the
point of being racist because black people are the least racist people in the world. But that does
not mean to say that Africans are not bigots. If not racial bigots, then religious bigots. A disproportionate
number of Africans are sectarian bigots, mostly those who are Christian. But I have never seen
Africans or black people do cultural appropriation to a high degree as what you will see in Western
countries or in East Asian countries.

Do go on...

You can blame that on these so-called Jews who run Hollywood and make these films. This is
not an anti-Semetic statement. Real Jews don't deal with that nonsense.

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2018, 05:31:52 AM »
You can blame that on these so-called Jews who run Hollywood and make these films. This is

So, it's a blame it on the white guy excuse again? It's getting a bit old.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 05:37:54 AM by eggieguffer »

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2018, 08:34:41 AM »

What you fail to realise about cultural appropriation is that it was sensationalized and
exploited by the white man to take traditional clothing and even traditional foods from
non-white cultures, and patronize these cultures in a way that makes a mockery of these

When I was living and working in Korea and I walked out in public wearing my tailored
hanbok, no Korean ever ridiculed me for cultural appropriation. Why? That is because for
one, my hanbok was tailor made for me to wear by a skilled Korean hanbok makers who
have the real cultural knowledge of making hanboks, and second, I only wore my hanbok
on specific occasions, such as going to church during the Chuseok or Seollal holidays. Most
of all I wore my hanbok in a respective manner as a proud black man who acts respectable

I am now teaching for a First Nations school board in Canada, and I can assure you that
if I wore a so-called Indian costume here at my school for some event like Halloween, I
would most likely lose my job or get disciplined because these so-called Indian costumes
they sell during Halloween are not even made my Native Canadians, but made by white-owned
companies that mock the First Nations cultures. This goes back to the times when First
Nations children were forced out of their homes into residential schools and were forced
to not speak their languages or practice their cultures, and yet white kids were allowed to
wear First Nations clothing like moccasins just to make a mockery of the First Nations
people. That is an example of what cultural appropriation is. I would even say the same
thing about blackface, yes that was one of the worst forms of cultural appropriation ever
to exist because it a form of entertainment made to dehumanize black people. I would
sure love to be the first person to throw acid on the face of a person who paints his face

If anybody wants to claim that the term "cultural appropriation" is "liberal," that is your
choice, but I don't see it as a liberal term, but rather a term to speak out against
immorality. If you want to wear the clothing of a different culture, or cook food from
a different culture, or sing music from a different culture, learn about them. Because
patronizing these cultures without learning about them is making a mockery of them
which is what cultural appropriation is. And besides, only a conservative white man
would complain that the term "cultural appropriation" is a liberal term because too many
conservative white people are so biased that they don't know how to call out racism.
This is why most conservative white people have the highest capability of being racist.

Definitely a liberal would explain an answer like this. Turning people against each other and pandering for votes.

Would a non-white person wearing a viking costume with bull horns  and white face paint warrant and acid attack too as you put it?

Also you seem to think only white people can culturally appropriate others. Why is this?

Even Korean conservatives can be just as racist as white conservatives. And yes, I have seen
Koreans and other Asians engage into practices of cultural appropriation, from the mild form
to the most extreme racist ways. But it is no surprise because most Koreans in Korea have no
exposure to people outside their race or culture. And because most Koreans and other Asians
worship white people and things that originate from the West, most Koreans are most likely to
be gullible to follow the trends of cultural appropriation as inspired by the American entertainment
media machine. Not to mention food. I have been to many festivals where they have international
food stands, and the Mexican food stands I have seen there are all run by Koreans, who think they
know what Mexican food is but truly don't know what real Mexican food is. That is cultural appropriation.

The owner of this restaurant is Korean. I know him because I ate at his restaurant before I became
a vegetarian. The way he makes his jerk chicken is just the way Jamaicans make it, even though
he integrates it with the styles and flavors of Korean food. Is that cultural appropriation? No. That's

What you fail to see is that the influences of white supremacy has corrupted society around the
world to the point that even certain people of certain racial groups want to hate themselves for
things like having the darker colour of their skin. And if you read about what I mentioned regarding
the residential schools, that indicates that white supremacy is the cause of cultural appropriation
by taking what is original from another culture and patronizing that other culture by making a

point of being racist because black people are the least racist people in the world. But that does
not mean to say that Africans are not bigots. If not racial bigots, then religious bigots. A disproportionate
number of Africans are sectarian bigots, mostly those who are Christian. But I have never seen
Africans or black people do cultural appropriation to a high degree as what you will see in Western

Do go on...

Directed by
Keenen Ivory Wayans    
Writing Credits (WGA) 
Keenen Ivory Wayans    ...    (screenplay) &
Shawn Wayans    ...    (screenplay) &
Marlon Wayans    ...    (screenplay) &
Andrew McElfresh    ...    (screenplay) (as Andy McElfresh) &
Michael Anthony Snowden    
...    (screenplay) &
Xavier Cook    ...    (screenplay)
Keenen Ivory Wayans    ...    (story) &
Shawn Wayans    ...    (story) &
Marlon Wayans    ...    (story)

The writers and directors don't sound (or look) very Jewish to me...

Offline Andyman

• Super Waygook
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2018, 09:29:53 AM »
I wonder if the producers of Soul Man and White Chicks are living fat on the royalties generated by people checking out the movies every time a partisan warrior used it as an example.

Offline Foreverparadise

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2018, 10:16:22 AM »

Do go on...

Directed by
Keenen Ivory Wayans    
Writing Credits (WGA) 
Michael Anthony Snowden    
...    (screenplay) &

But which company distributed the film? Warner Brothers? 20th Century Fox? Paramount? Universal? Colombia Pictures? All these companies are not black owned.

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2018, 10:34:42 AM »

Do go on...

Directed by
Keenen Ivory Wayans    
Writing Credits (WGA) 
Michael Anthony Snowden    
...    (screenplay) &

But which company distributed the film? Warner Brothers? 20th Century Fox? Paramount? Universal? Colombia Pictures? All these companies are not black owned.

You seem to be pedalling the old chestnut:

"Black people can't be racist"

Your argument seems to be that White Chicks was conceived by black people, written by black people, starred black people, and even produced by black people, but as it was distributed by a Jewish owned company, the Jews are to blame for any offence caused.  Did i get that right?

So if I and a bunch of white friends make a film called "Black chicks" and get a Jewish owned company to distribute it, then we are not guilty of any insensitivity?

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2018, 10:39:05 AM »

I don't think you have any standing to dictate who is or is not a "Real Jew".

The idea that there are "real Jews" or "real blacks" or "real Asians" is contemptible crap. People can be who they want to be with their lives and they are under no obligation to satisfy your personal standards of what is "Real". Who the heck are you to judge them on what is "real"?

Now if you want to throw around such terms in a comedic sense where everyone is ripping on each other and it's all in good fine, go ahead. But not in a serious discussion.

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2018, 10:49:10 AM »
It was stupid when Croatia and the UAE and Qatar buy players, and it's stupid when South Korea does it

Is it stupid when TeamUSA hires a Korean-born coach for say, Taekwondo? Is it stupid when they hire Jurgen Klinsmann as their manager? Is it stupid when players obtain EU-passports so they can play for La Liga teams?

Are you really against giving more athletes a chance to compete and promoting sports that are less popular?

Sounds to me like you're just jealous.

and it's stupid when South Korea does it, especially considering all the xenophobia here. "Oh no, we won't serve you any food or beer, you're a foreigner. This is Korea.

Korea didn't say that. Some asshat of a restaurant owner said that (And 99 others would gladly take your money).

For someone who complains about Trumpers and bigotry, that statement right there is a prime example of bigoted thinking.

I really hope I don't have to remind you of all the times Koreans have raked foreigners over the coals for trying to fit in here

Okay. Go for it.

And how many times have Koreans tried to make foreigners feel welcome here? I think each of us probably have a bunch of people we know who tried to make us feel welcome and fit in.

And you do realize that what you're saying could apply to any foreigner in any country, right?

Meanwhile a Canadian could easily live in New Zealand without any problems, and an American Jew could easily move to Israel and do whatever he/she wanted.

Posts in a thread about "cultural appropriation" talks about "without any problems" when it comes to people living as immigrants. :rolleyes: I may think those problems are overblown and stupid, but race is obviously a huge issue back home.

And seriously, A Canadian living in New Zealand? THAT'S your example of tolerance and treatment? I think this SJW stuff is nonsense but even I have to shake my head at how bad that example is. Both former British colonies, both Anglo-heritage, both speak the same language, both look alike. Totally the same as foreigners in Korea!

Me? I think both the SJW stuff back home and the hysterical screams of racism here are way overblown. Let some dumb American wear a sombrero on Cinco de Drinko and let some waygook in Korea rock his Hanbok.

You heard it here first guys, Korean racism is "no big deal."

And it's funny that you would dismiss a Canadian moving to New Zealand easily fitting in when you're the one who brought it up. You've just proven my point that foreigners can move to Western countries and fit in, but they can't in South Korea. Western countries are immigrant countries. Korea is not. So their buying of athletes to save face is, again, laughable. I wouldn't care if they would do something about their rampant nationalistic xenophobia and racism. Yes a lot of Koreans hate it just as much as I do (and apparently way more than you do) but the government does nothing about it while handing out citizenship to foreigner hockey players like candy.

I imagine when the South Korean hockey team doesn't do very well Koreans will turn on them and say it proves that foreigners are bad and can't be trusted, and pretend they never had anything to do with them. Kinda like when the non-foreign soccer players came back from not doing very well at the last World Cup and Koreans protested them at the airport for betraying the obvious fact that Koreans are naturally amazing at soccer. Such is the way of Saving Face.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2018, 10:52:47 AM »
White chicks is not only a shit movie, but it's racist.

We, the non white girls, dress up as white girls, and then say that white girls do this.

Does the movie offend me? No, I don't give a shit. It's stupid, I've seen some of it. Anyone who knows me knows that my taste is a hell of a lot more discerning than that.

But to pawn it off on the distributor is ridiculous. They have one track; money. They would play Triumph of the Will (and not the Kenny Hotz one) if it sold. This doesn't make them racist, it makes them callous and clinical. Hitler is the racist one! I don't think the Wayans are racist. They're playing with cultural differences and stereotypes. I do that all the time.

But god forbid I make a grape drink joke. Pity all the blacks, their life is shit and I made a joke.

White's have amazing lives! It's okay to joke about them!

These two sentences, believed, display an insane amount of mental illness and inability to live in the real world.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2018, 11:28:18 AM »
You heard it here first guys, Korean racism is "no big deal."

That's not what I said at all.

And it's funny that you would dismiss a Canadian moving to New Zealand easily fitting in when you're the one who brought it up.

That was brought up in the context of other countries bringing in athletes, not in terms of treatment of immigrants and problems of being a minority.

You've just proven my point that foreigners can move to Western countries and fit in, but they can't in South Korea.

Your example was someone who is of Anglo stock, moving to another Anglo nation, speaking the same language. That's not even comparable and trying to compare the two examples is ludicrous.

Western countries are immigrant countries. Korea is not. So their buying of athletes to save face is, again, laughable

What is the objective criteria for your definition of "immigrant country"? Are all western countries "immigrant countries"? Are Canadian-New Zealanders an example of the typical immigrant experience in New Zealand? Incidentally, the person I know is now a Professor of Sports and International Relations and would take strong exception to the view your pushing, especially in it's bigoted undertones.

And again, how is it "saving face"? None of them are brought in for sports Korea is expected to medal in. They've basically been brought in with the hope of promoting the sports they're in domestically by their respective sporting federations.

I wouldn't care if they would do something about their rampant nationalistic xenophobia and racism.

Hyperbole?

If it's so rampant, shouldn't you be heading home? I mean, if I lived somewhere filled with RAMPANT racism against who I am, I'd leave.

I think your actions speak louder than your words.

but the government does nothing about it while handing out citizenship to foreigner hockey players like candy

The government does nothing about tackling racism and discrimination? Are you serious? The last school I taught at had a full-fledged multi-cultural program for children of mixed-Korean heritage with the specific goal of making sure they had as many opportunities as other kids, and this was well-funded and was taken very seriously.

Just because you aren't aware of these actions or choose to ignore them, doesn't mean they don't exist. You are not the arbiter of that.

And they didn't hand them out like candy. The athletes were either scouted overseas or they participated in try-outs here. And again, THAT IS THE SAME AS OTHER COUNTRIES!!

You seem to be holding Korea to a standard that you aren't holding any other country to. Furthermore, your standard is not based on any objective criteria, but is rather based on your shifting subjective opinion.

I imagine when the South Korean hockey team doesn't do very well Koreans will turn on them and say it proves that foreigners are bad and can't be trusted, and pretend they never had anything to do with them.

Care to make a wager?

Kinda like when the non-foreign soccer players came back from not doing very well at the last World Cup and Koreans protested them at the airport for betraying the obvious fact that Koreans are naturally amazing at soccer. Such is the way of Saving Face.

National soccer team trashed by fans for underwhelming performance. Contrary to waygook.org popular opinion, most Korean have realistic expectations for their team- Try and advance past the group stage. If not, at least put in some good performances.

That could apply to literally every team around the world. It's soccer dude. That's what fans do.

Also, what do you mean non-foreign soccer players?

Offline Foreverparadise

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2018, 10:54:57 PM »

The idea that there are "real Jews" or "real blacks" or "real Asians" is contemptible crap. People can be who they want to be with their lives and they are under no obligation to satisfy your personal standards of what is "Real". Who the heck are you to judge them on what is "real"?

Now if you want to throw around such terms in a comedic sense where everyone is ripping on each other and it's all in good fine, go ahead. But not in a serious discussion.

Being a Jew is NOT a race, it is a religion, just like being a Muslim or a Christian.

Being black or white are different. Why? Because you cannot change your skin colour.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2018, 10:29:09 AM »

Being a Jew is NOT a race, it is a religion, just like being a Muslim or a Christian.

Being black or white are different. Why? Because you cannot change your skin colour.
That would explain all the Jews who renounced their faith and Hitler let them carry on.

Same with what anti-Semitic conspiracists do wjen they see a Jewish name. "Oh he's an atheist? Take down the burning cross boys!"

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2018, 10:31:12 AM »

Who is Michael Jackson?
Correct for $40. The board is yours.

Offline Foreverparadise

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2018, 09:58:16 PM »

Who is Michael Jackson?
Correct for $40. The board is yours.

Don't even go there. Michael Jackson still remained a proud black
man and died a black man.