July 20, 2018, 05:09:11 AM

Learn new things. Meet new people. Be inspired.
Check out a KOTESOL chapter event near you!
koreatesol.org/nc2018

Author Topic: Cultural Appropriation is liberal propaganda!  (Read 2389 times)

Offline sligo

• Expert Waygook
Re: Cultural Appropriation is liberal propaganda!
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2018, 10:04:55 PM »
You can blame that on these so-called Jews who run Hollywood and make these films. This is
not an anti-Semetic statement. Real Jews don't deal with that nonsense.

I don't think you have any standing to dictate who is or is not a "Real Jew".

The idea that there are "real Jews" or "real blacks" or "real Asians" is contemptible crap. People can be who they want to be with their lives and they are under no obligation to satisfy your personal standards of what is "Real". Who the heck are you to judge them on what is "real"?

Now if you want to throw around such terms in a comedic sense where everyone is ripping on each other and it's all in good fine, go ahead. But not in a serious discussion.

Being a Jew is NOT a race, it is a religion, just like being a Muslim or a Christian.

Being black or white are different. Why? Because you cannot change your skin colour.
Who is Michael Jackson?
Correct for $40. The board is yours.

Don't even go there. Michael Jackson still remained a proud black
man and died a black man.

Easy tiger! Only his DNA was black when he died!

Offline Andyman

• Veteran
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2018, 10:12:02 PM »
I feel a bit lame for even engaging in this branch of the discussion but, for the record, Michael Jackson was diagnosed with vitiligo in the early 80s. He also had lupus. Both conditions probably contributed to his lack of self-confidence which clearly fed into a broader mental health problems. I'm not the most brittle cookie in the box, but that's really a bit of a cheap target. If you want to make fun of him for sharing Jesus Juice with kids, go ahead. But diseases? Come on.

Online gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2018, 10:44:08 PM »
I feel a bit lame for even engaging in this branch of the discussion but, for the record, Michael Jackson was diagnosed with vitiligo in the early 80s. He also had lupus. Both conditions probably contributed to his lack of self-confidence which clearly fed into a broader mental health problems. I'm not the most brittle cookie in the box, but that's really a bit of a cheap target. If you want to make fun of him for sharing Jesus Juice with kids, go ahead. But diseases? Come on.
Come on. Not even Quincy Jones bought the skin disease story.

It was his dad that destroyed his self-esteem.