February 16, 2019, 10:09:07 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: Any thoughts on Star Wars: The Last Jedi?  (Read 4692 times)

Offline Chinguetti

• The Legend
Re: Any thoughts on Star Wars: The Last Jedi?
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2017, 08:00:18 AM »
They tried to do waaaaay too much in the film with too little time, and it cost them. I think it was because they were trying to pander to fans, but it didn't really work out.

I liked it for the most part because I enjoyed the throwbacks, but it's not something I'd really watch again.

Offline MoneyMike

• Super Waygook
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2017, 09:40:53 AM »
I thought it stank. The entire movie was based on a silly mcguffin necessary for the plot to make any sense, and it still didn't. There were so many things that didn't make sense I lost count at some point. I literally cringed twice during the movie.

I thought the first one was okay, not fantastic but not awful. I think The Last Jedi is legitimately awful.

Offline gurudanny98

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2017, 11:03:28 AM »
Is it really difficult?  A web based program that records your thoughts on the film.
Then a final exit page where you input your Paypal data.  That wasn't so hard, was it?

For a lot of movies I would never use a system like this.  Some movies I don't care for, but
couldn't be bothered to do it.  And then some movies, that are just puerile garbage,
I wood use this system in a heartbeat.

Will Hollywood ever do this?  What do you think?
Too many cheepskates.

That’s what reviewers are for. Find one you agree with most times, and follow him/her.

There was a Burger chain in the US some years ago called Hot N Now. One of their promotions was 100% money back guaranty if you didn't like the burger. There were four locations in my area. I would drive to one, order a burger, eat it and come back later with my receipt to get my money back, even though I thought it was quite tasty.  If movies did the same thing, I'm sure alot pf people would do the same thing.

Offline lazerbullet

• Veteran
  • Welcome to ghost time
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2017, 01:09:53 PM »
It was good.

Offline pit23

• Adventurer
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2017, 03:03:57 PM »
I saw this online somewhere and don't remember exactly how it went but it looked something like:

The Force Awakens: "Wahhhhhh they just made A New Hope Again! Show some creativity!"

The Last Jedi: "Wahhhh they didn't make Empire Strikes Back. They changed too much. How dare they!"

It was a decent movie that fanboys/girls are being WAY too hard on. Does everyone hating on it not remember all the childish and silly things in the original trilogy?

Offline fdny

• Super Waygook
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2017, 03:54:50 PM »
I saw this online somewhere and don't remember exactly how it went but it looked something like:

The Force Awakens: "Wahhhhhh they just made A New Hope Again! Show some creativity!"

The Last Jedi: "Wahhhh they didn't make Empire Strikes Back. They changed too much. How dare they!"

It was a decent movie that fanboys/girls are being WAY too hard on. Does everyone hating on it not remember all the childish and silly things in the original trilogy?

I think that is why many people think "A New Hope" and "The Empire Strikes Back" were the best movies.

"Return of the Jedi" saw a bunch of teddy bears bring down a galactic empire.

The three installments after that are best forgotten.

"The Force Awakens" was nostalgic, but Kylo Ren was a poor excuse for Darth Vader.

"Rogue One" IMHO kicked ass.  Vader, Tarkin, what more could you want.

Offline MWeb37

• Super Waygook
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2017, 05:34:44 PM »

Offline pit23

• Adventurer
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2017, 05:41:42 PM »

I think that is why many people think "A New Hope" and "The Empire Strikes Back" were the best movies.

"The Force Awakens" was nostalgic, but Kylo Ren was a poor excuse for Darth Vader.

Right. So all you want is a nostalgia fest. Same stuff just packaged a little differently. Heaven forbid someone take some chances and break from the same formula. Fans like you are why we get the same super hero movies and sequels every year instead of something new and slightly more original.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2017, 06:03:40 PM »

My wife actually suggested “Tarquin” as a name for our son.

I told her to google “grand moff”.

Offline fdny

• Super Waygook
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2017, 06:58:13 PM »
Right. So all you want is a nostalgia fest. Same stuff just packaged a little differently. Heaven forbid someone take some chances and break from the same formula. Fans like you are why we get the same super hero movies and sequels every year instead of something new and slightly more original.

OK.  I'm not sure what to say to this comment.  So, you want to take a franchise movie
but make it completely different from the preceding movies.  Kind of like having Gotham
City suddenly overrun with zombies?  Or James Bond meets Spiderman.  Or have Hugh
Grant have a long, involved love affair in the next Terminator movie?  Or maybe have
Captain Kirk move back to Iowa and take up gun slinging?

Offline pit23

• Adventurer
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2017, 10:18:43 PM »

OK.  I'm not sure what to say to this comment.  So, you want to take a franchise movie
but make it completely different from the preceding movies.  Kind of like having Gotham
City suddenly overrun with zombies?  Or James Bond meets Spiderman.  Or have Hugh
Grant have a long, involved love affair in the next Terminator movie?  Or maybe have

It's not completely different from the preceding movies.

Offline pit23

• Adventurer
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2017, 10:20:58 PM »

And all those movie ideas sound better than the last movies each of those franchises released.

Offline fdny

• Super Waygook
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2017, 06:01:35 AM »

And all those movie ideas sound better than the last movies each of those franchises released.

well, you got me there.

Offline kojinsing

• Veteran
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2017, 07:46:18 AM »
At first I thought the movie was alright, but the more I think about it the better it seems for me. It throws everything out the window and is steering away from the Skywalker family to actually expand the universe more.

Offline plan b

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2017, 08:18:24 AM »
At first I thought the movie was alright, but the more I think about it the better it seems for me. It throws everything out the window and is steering away from the Skywalker family to actually expand the universe more.

Its fine to steer the story in a new direction, and have Luke killed off, but the way in which he was killed off was a travesty and laughable..looking into the sunset..

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2017, 08:35:23 AM »
I liked it.
A few parts were a bit silly.The part where the girl says 'I saved you' and kissed the guy and fainted was eye rollingly bad.
But its Star Wars. Its a kids movie.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline MaximusPrime

• Veteran
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2017, 08:42:44 AM »

Its fine to steer the story in a new direction, and have Luke killed off, but the way in which he was killed off was a travesty and laughable..looking into the sunset..

Isn't that him becoming a force ghost just like Yoda?

Offline DivineDimSum

• Adventurer
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2017, 08:46:39 AM »
I liked it.
A few parts were a bit silly.The part where the girl says 'I saved you' and kissed the guy and fainted was eye rollingly bad.
But its Star Wars. Its a kids movie.

Leia 'waking' up from Space frost and moving was kinda off..
Snoke death was underwhelming. I had hoped Luke would do more but oh well.

Some silly and humorous scenes but overall did I enjoy my time? Yes. I too liked it.
Do I think they could've done more? Yes but who knows what sort of plot they have in mind.

I really enjoyed Rey and Ben teaming up... too bad that didn't last too long.....
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 08:48:33 AM by DivineDimSum »
Bwaa

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2017, 09:27:02 AM »
I haven't watched the movie, but I did listen to Stefan Molyneux's take on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l9go9X1EbE

According to him, the movie has a strong social justice, anti white male message. Luke is alienated, ostracized, marginalized just like white males are treated in today's world. Luke is told to break with past just like white males are taught today to be ashamed of their history (even though they've built the greatest civilizations where people enjoy the highest standard of living). We've seen drug abuse, suicide, and depression skyrocket among white males as they've been made to feel that they have no place in society and their economic opportunities are greatly diminished due to government policies that favor minorities. Molyneux also points out that the resistance experiences more failure as it becomes more diverse. More and more people are questioning whether diversity is really a strength as we've witnessed many problems and much conflict due to it.

Offline hippo

• Veteran
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2017, 09:39:24 AM »

Isn't that him becoming a force ghost just like Yoda?

I thought of that scene as being like the Obi Wan scene when he fights Obi Wan fights Darth Vader in the classic Star Wars films.