December 13, 2018, 09:50:23 PM

Author Topic: Poll Says Investigate Trump--For Sexual Harassment  (Read 1268 times)

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
Poll Says Investigate Trump--For Sexual Harassment
« on: December 09, 2017, 05:21:11 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/70-americans-want-donald-trump-investigated-sexual-assault-232748186.html

According to a new Quinnipiac University poll, most Americans want President Trump investigated for sexual harassment, and they aren’t afraid to say it.

Between the dates of Nov. 29 and Dec. 4, the polling team asked a random sample of 1,747 American adults across the nation this question among others: “Do you think Congress should investigate the accusations of sexual harassment against President Trump, or not?”

Seventy percent of Americans responded that they would like the U.S. Congress to investigate the 45th president, while only 25 percent said they would not. Most Americans polled also said they found it hypocritical for President Trump to criticize men accused of sexual harassment.

Seventy percent!

Seventy percent!

Seventy percent!

A predator prepares:

Offline T.J.

• Veteran
Re: Poll Says Investigate Trump--For Sexual Harassment
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 08:17:03 PM »
You still don’t understand how he got elected.

You don’t understand Trump.

Keep it up and you and yours will give him a second term.

"An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."

"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock."

-Will Rogers

Online MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 09:20:51 AM »

I think we all understand that Trump won because Republican voters have all the intellectual prowess of Homer Simpson.

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 09:45:25 AM »

I think we all understand that Trump won because Republican voters have all the intellectual prowess of Homer Simpson.

And electing a child predator in Alabama would just reinforce that point. Here's hoping that sanity prevails.

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 10:17:44 AM »
We should have learned by now that polls tend to underestimate support for Trump.

Instead of making an effort to be more inclusive and distancing themselves from the #MeToo anti-male hysteria, the Dems are up to their old tricks again. We'll see how that works out for them in 2020.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 10:50:28 AM »
What do the polls actually say, CDW?
Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter
Share to Google+

Autoplay: On | Off

President Trump’s approval rating has hit a new low, according to a national poll released Thursday.

The Pew Research Center poll finds that just 32 percent of Americans polled approve of how Trump is handling his job as president, while 63 percent say they disapprove.

Trump’s approval rating is down 2 points from the previous Pew poll conducted in October, which was itself down from the 39 percent in polls going back to February.

Meanwhile, the 63 percent of Americans who disapprove of Trump’s job as president is the highest Pew has measured in the poll, topping a previous high of 59 percent in Pew’s October survey.

Trump’s approval rating among Republicans and GOP-leaning voters has fallen from 84 percent in February to 76 percent in the latest poll.

Trump has also lost support among other key groups over the past 10 months, including white Americans and evangelicals, according to the poll.

Forty-one percent of white Americans say they approve of Trump, compared to 49 percent in February. His support among white evangelical Protestants has also dropped from 78 percent in February to 61 percent in the December survey.

His support is quickly but surely fading. As for the Dems, they've secured the moral high ground.

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 01:42:53 PM »
"For now, Democrats want voters to see a very bright line: They forced the liberal rising star Al Franken and civil rights veteran Rep. John Conyers to leave, while Donald Trump remains president and Alabama Republican Roy Moore could well be elected to the Senate next Tuesday.

" 'Democrats are now in a better position than ever to tie Donald Trump and Roy Moore around the necks of Republicans' running for Congress next year, said Jim Manley, a Democratic operative and former Senate aide....

"What's important, Democrats say, is that the contrast heightens their chances of winning over female and suburban voters, pumping up donors and party activists and even recruiting women to run for Congress next year."
https://www.yahoo.com/news/dems-mourn-frankens-demise-see-2018-election-benefit-081654486.html

Comment below article:

"This could backfire big time on the Dems. The rise of Trump was a backlash against political correctness. It was a backlash by those who do not partake in identity politics (oppressed females, BLMs, LGBT,Illegeal Immigrants, or other affinity group). By joining in the war on white males, the Dems are playing a game that may cost them in the end."

Sigh.

Online MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 01:58:18 PM »

Instead of making an effort to be more inclusive and distancing themselves from the #MeToo anti-male hysteria, the Dems are up to their old tricks again. We'll see how that works out for them in 2020.

Yeah because Republicans are so tolerant and peace-loving and inclusive. It's pretty laughable when conservatives predictably try to troll and use liberal morals against us, they know that they have zero morals, what with supporting molesters just because they're Republican, so there's no way to ever shame them with their own morals.

And lol @ whining about "identity politics," modern conservatism is nothing but identity politics. "You're a group I don't like and you're not in my group so I'm going to destroy you because you're scum."

If Republicans want to keep whining about "backlash" while treating anyone who isn't a far-right extremist as traitorous scum, they're going to find that at some point there will be a much bigger backlash against their hateful, anti-American troll agenda.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 02:13:53 PM »
"For now, Democrats want voters to see a very bright line: They forced the liberal rising star Al Franken and civil rights veteran Rep. John Conyers to leave, while Donald Trump remains president and Alabama Republican Roy Moore could well be elected to the Senate next Tuesday.

" 'Democrats are now in a better position than ever to tie Donald Trump and Roy Moore around the necks of Republicans' running for Congress next year, said Jim Manley, a Democratic operative and former Senate aide....

"What's important, Democrats say, is that the contrast heightens their chances of winning over female and suburban voters, pumping up donors and party activists and even recruiting women to run for Congress next year."
https://www.yahoo.com/news/dems-mourn-frankens-demise-see-2018-election-benefit-081654486.html

Comment below article:

"This could backfire big time on the Dems. The rise of Trump was a backlash against political correctness. It was a backlash by those who do not partake in identity politics (oppressed females, BLMs, LGBT,Illegeal Immigrants, or other affinity group). By joining in the war on white males, the Dems are playing a game that may cost them in the end."

Sigh.
Wow, one comment on yahoo. I'm convinced.

Offline donuts81

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 12:35:19 PM »
And lol @ whining about "identity politics," modern conservatism is nothing but identity politics. "You're a group I don't like and you're not in my group so I'm going to destroy you because you're scum."

Just take a breath. Everything will be better tomorrow.
"You can't hurt me now, Mr Lee. I've lost all feeling"

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 11:54:31 AM »
Manchin appeared on CNN’s “New Day” on Monday morning to discuss the recent ethics investigation into the sexual misconduct allegations against Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.). During the conversation, Manchin also commented on the numerous accusations of sexual misconduct against Trump.

When asked if he believes Trump should be investigated, Manchin said he’s “moved on.”

“You know I’m not going to make that determination because he went through an election process with all of this in the open,” he told CNN. “If people feel that to be done, I think we have other things to be done too. I think women ought to have a right to come forward, they feel very strong about this. They should be protected, they can’t be retaliated on.”

Trump has been publicly accused of sexual misconduct, ranging from harassment to assault and rape, by 21 women. Manchin is up for re-election next year in West Virginia, a predominantly Republican state.

Alabama’s Democratic Sen.-elect Doug Jones shared a similar sentiment on Sunday, telling CNN that people “need to move on” from the allegations against Trump.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/sen-joe-manchin-says-apos-200743013.html

I have serious doubts about Trump being 100% innocent, but the issue has been dealt with. The American people decided that he was the best candidate for the job. Let's leave it at that unless he misbehaves while in office. So far that hasn't happened.

Online Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 12:11:26 PM »
It's an odd line of reasoning that electoral success should render invalid any past allegations of sexual abuse/misconduct.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2017, 12:16:58 PM »
Manchin appeared on CNN’s “New Day” on Monday morning to discuss the recent ethics investigation into the sexual misconduct allegations against Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.). During the conversation, Manchin also commented on the numerous accusations of sexual misconduct against Trump.

When asked if he believes Trump should be investigated, Manchin said he’s “moved on.”

“You know I’m not going to make that determination because he went through an election process with all of this in the open,” he told CNN. “If people feel that to be done, I think we have other things to be done too. I think women ought to have a right to come forward, they feel very strong about this. They should be protected, they can’t be retaliated on.”

Trump has been publicly accused of sexual misconduct, ranging from harassment to assault and rape, by 21 women. Manchin is up for re-election next year in West Virginia, a predominantly Republican state.

Alabama’s Democratic Sen.-elect Doug Jones shared a similar sentiment on Sunday, telling CNN that people “need to move on” from the allegations against Trump.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/sen-joe-manchin-says-apos-200743013.html

I have serious doubts about Trump being 100% innocent, but the issue has been dealt with. The American people decided that he was the best candidate for the job. Let's leave it at that unless he misbehaves while in office. So far that hasn't happened.
Actually, the majority voted for Clinton. She got 3 million more votes than trumped up.

Glad to see, however, that you admit you're willing to support the guilty.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 12:46:34 PM »
It's an odd line of reasoning that electoral success should render invalid any past allegations of sexual abuse/misconduct.

Right, the 'he's too big and important' to answer these accusations is exactly why fook all has been and will be done about sexual accusations now and in the future.  That is why Weinstein got away with it for so long.  Or paid off like Jackson and his various victims.  Throw some millions their way to keep them quiet.  If he did nothing wrong, then he has nothing to be worried about.   
That's not true. I'm not defending Trump here, I really don't like him, but this line of reasoning is a bit dangerous.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 01:02:39 PM »
Much less dangerous than saying 'he's too big and important' to answer any charges.

I agree with that.

Just not having people use that reasoning as a rule for everything ever. False accusations from any crime take a toll on people.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 04:10:48 PM »
Much less dangerous than saying 'he's too big and important' to answer any charges.

I agree with that.

Just not having people use that reasoning as a rule for everything ever. False accusations from any crime take a toll on people.
I agree with you when you're talking about the average individual, but trumpy is a celebrity/politician who has thrust himself repeatedly into the limelight and he's got the shinola to buy however many lawyers it takes to defend himself.