September 22, 2018, 03:31:09 AM

Author Topic: Where are the jobs you PROMISED, trump?  (Read 4201 times)

Offline shanebarry1986

• Veteran
Re: Where are the jobs you PROMISED, trump?
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2017, 12:17:23 PM »
Trump's first year "has been nothing short of excellent from an economic standpoint."
https://www.wsj.com/articles/dow-24000-and-the-trump-boom-1513294061

I don't know why gogators can't find work. Everyone else seems to be doing fine.

Gogators uses the word "repugnican" in every second post. He's 12 years old.

Online gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2017, 12:24:13 PM »
Trump's first year "has been nothing short of excellent from an economic standpoint."

I don't know why gogators can't find work. Everyone else seems to be doing fine.
Ha, ha! The American middle class is being hollowed out and your boy is cutting taxes for the rich.

As for Maria Bartiromo, here ratings go up as the stock market rises and vice-versa. Unfortunately, the stockmarket is not the economy.

Where's the promised infrastructure and the jobs it would produce?

The world's largest telescope is looking but so far hasn't found a bit of new infrastructure.

Online Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2017, 01:01:17 PM »

Um, that's a commentary article by the WSJ.  The WSJ opinion section fell off the end of the world fifteen years ago.  But since the Murdoch takeover and the rise of Trump, it is apparently required that all statments be counterfactual.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2017, 02:02:28 PM »

The world's largest telescope is looking but so far hasn't found a bit of new infrastructure.

Trump's not a dictator. He can't just wave a magic wand and make bills appear out of thin air.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2017, 02:06:00 PM »

Seriously. Everyone else here can have political discourse, many of whom loathe Trump, without using "Trumped Up" and "Repugnican" or whatever EVERY SINGLE TIME.

All of which would be excusable if he actually had any unique insight to offer, but it's just cliched Trump bashing insults. Nothing higher level. Nothing unique. Nothing illuminating.

Offline Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2017, 03:04:37 PM »

Trump's not a dictator. He can't just wave a magic wand and make bills appear out of thin air.

He practically said during the campaign how easy it would be to get things done. Except, he spent months obsessing about his "massive" inauguration crowd during the times when he wasn't playing golf. "No time for golf," I believe he said.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2017, 03:10:20 PM »

He practically said during the campaign how easy it would be to get things done. Except, he spent months obsessing about his "massive" inauguration crowd during the times when he wasn't playing golf. "No time for golf," I believe he said.

It's because he and his lovely party seem to be playing politics rather than doing politics.  It's the same as Tony Blair and Alistair Campbell back in the day, who just spun everything.  You can only do that for so long before you have to face up to music eventually and do something, but by then it's too far gone.  Stop talking about 'fake news' all the while making your own 'fake news' (Iran's rocket launch being one) when it suits you, being one example.

Online gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2017, 03:58:28 PM »

Let the apologies begin! You are a recognized master in that art.

Online gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2017, 03:59:40 PM »

Seriously. Everyone else here can have political discourse, many of whom loathe Trump, without using "Trumped Up" and "Repugnican" or whatever EVERY SINGLE TIME.

All of which would be excusable if he actually had any unique insight to offer, but it's just cliched Trump bashing insults. Nothing higher level. Nothing unique. Nothing illuminating.
And yet...

Offline shanebarry1986

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2017, 06:25:09 PM »

I mean, his posts might not be unique, or illuminating, or coherent, or educated, or informed, or relevant but... Well, he posts a lot of something.

So he's got that going for him. That and his apparent youth.

Online gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2017, 09:40:59 PM »

You want insight? You can't handle insight. The damage trumped up's done:
 How bad has this year been? Here are 60 horrible things they've done in the last 12 months:
29 rules overturned 24 rollbacks in progress 7 rollbacks in limbo

That should illuminate things for you.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2017, 12:27:17 AM »
It would be illuminating if you actually took one of those and discussed it in depth instead of just posting someone else's jpeg.

I look at that list and I see a bunch of standard Republican boilerplate, virtually none of which anyone would notice if they weren't actively looking for it. Now do I agree with all of them? I bet if I went through each one there would be some I'd disagree with. There would also be some that are probably a good idea. Right off the bat, I think it's BS that the pipeline is being built into land that the Sioux claim. That should have been redesigned and it would never go through some rich people's suburb. A black mark that happened to also predate Trump. Is it DOOM!!!!!! though? No.

Oh and spare me the whole "This is all that stands between us and the destruction of the planet" hyperbole. If this is all that stands between us and planet destruction, our planet is already doomed. Besides, if you actually believed that, you'd be building a survival shelter right now and stocking cans of food in Manitoba. You aren't, so at some subconcious level, you don't think the planet is doomed.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2017, 12:36:55 AM »
I mean, his posts might not be unique, or illuminating, or coherent, or educated, or informed, or relevant but... Well, he posts a lot of something.

So he's got that going for him. That and his apparent youth.

I don't care if he responds a lot. There's plenty of times where you'll see 6 posts in a row by me.

It's just now we're starting to get new threads on the most minor minutiae that should just go in the general Trump thread. I mean, even full-blown Aurata didn't match this.

Also, a couple months ago he also accused me of being paid by the Russians. He really appears to have deteriorated over the past 3 months or so. gogators! you don't want to become the left-wing version of what you think Aurata is. Try like, starting a thread about some TV show or the NFL playoffs or something.

Online gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2017, 07:47:53 AM »
It would be illuminating if you actually took one of those and discussed it in depth instead of just posting someone else's jpeg.

I look at that list and I see a bunch of standard Republican boilerplate, virtually none of which anyone would notice if they weren't actively looking for it. Now do I agree with all of them? I bet if I went through each one there would be some I'd disagree with. There would also be some that are probably a good idea. Right off the bat, I think it's BS that the pipeline is being built into land that the Sioux claim. That should have been redesigned and it would never go through some rich people's suburb. A black mark that happened to also predate Trump. Is it DOOM!!!!!! though? No.

Oh and spare me the whole "This is all that stands between us and the destruction of the planet" hyperbole. If this is all that stands between us and planet destruction, our planet is already doomed. Besides, if you actually believed that, you'd be building a survival shelter right now and stocking cans of food in Manitoba. You aren't, so at some subconcious level, you don't think the planet is doomed.
There you go--evidence of the destruction to the environment trumped up's administration is hellbent on and you've got nothing substantive to say.

Illuminating, no?

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2017, 09:57:20 AM »
There you go--evidence of the destruction to the environment trumped up's administration is hellbent on and you've got nothing substantive to say.

You didn't provide evidence, you provided a list, none of which is backed by evidence. Like I said, it would have been better if you actually took one, just one, of those issues and thoroughly dissected them USING YOUR OWN WORDS. Not just copying and pasting an article, but actually sharing a unique insight. You know, something that actually convinces people here you went to college.

On your list are all things were already in existence in some form prior to Trump taking office, they simply overturned rules and rolledback regulations. Like I said, some things I'm not too keen on, but 'planet-killing'? Please.

Online gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2017, 10:56:09 AM »

You didn't provide evidence, you provided a list, none of which is backed by evidence. Like I said, it would have been better if you actually took one, just one, of those issues and thoroughly dissected them USING YOUR OWN WORDS. Not just copying and pasting an article, but actually sharing a unique insight. You know, something that actually convinces people here you went to college.

On your list are all things were already in existence in some form prior to Trump taking office, they simply overturned rules and rolledback regulations. Like I said, some things I'm not too keen on, but 'planet-killing'? Please.
The list IS evidence of the actions trumped up has taken that are damaging to the environment.

Address the issue. I have.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2017, 01:05:47 PM »

The list IS evidence of the actions trumped up has taken that are damaging to the environment.

Evidence involves detailing the problem and it's projected effects as well as addressing any potential criticisms and the rationale behind changing the rules. No data, no citations, no commentary. It's just a list.

For someone who calls Trump dumb, you aren't exactly blowing him out of the water here.

You copy and pasted a link to a jpeg that has zero detail. That's neither evidence nor insight nor illuminating.

Online gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2017, 01:45:50 PM »

Evidence involves detailing the problem and it's projected effects as well as addressing any potential criticisms and the rationale behind changing the rules. No data, no citations, no commentary. It's just a list.

For someone who calls Trump dumb, you aren't exactly blowing him out of the water here.

You copy and pasted a link to a jpeg that has zero detail. That's neither evidence nor insight nor illuminating.
I'd say the only dumb one here is you, for expecting a dissertation on an internet forum.

The list IS evidence. All of those actions will have an adverse effect on the environment. They are part of a larger trend in trumpy's administration to roll back regulations that protect individuals and the environment.

Can you spell net neutrality, smart guy?

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2017, 04:26:09 PM »

I'd say the only dumb one here is you, for expecting a dissertation on an internet forum.

No one's expecting a dissertation, but you need more than a list that just says stuff. Everything has an impact on the environment, but we choose to balance those with economic development and standard of living for human beings. You need more detail to show this, and not just some copy and paste job (although it is good to cite your sources), but use your own words as well.

It would be like someone putting up a list of 100 Islamic Terrorist attacks and saying "There's evidence that Islam is going to destroy the world." Or putting up 100 box scores from John Stockton's career and claiming he's the greatest point guard ever. It has no context, no illumination.

Online gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2017, 05:47:16 PM »

No one's expecting a dissertation, but you need more than a list that just says stuff. Everything has an impact on the environment, but we choose to balance those with economic development and standard of living for human beings. You need more detail to show this, and not just some copy and paste job (although it is good to cite your sources), but use your own words as well.

It would be like someone putting up a list of 100 Islamic Terrorist attacks and saying "There's evidence that Islam is going to destroy the world." Or putting up 100 box scores from John Stockton's career and claiming he's the greatest point guard ever. It has no context, no illumination.
No, I don't. And that list does more than just say stuff; it's thousands of times more informative than your posts and their silly analogies and links that say the opposite of what you claim.

Facts illuminate.