February 16, 2019, 03:50:57 PM

Author Topic: Working While Sick  (Read 1081 times)

Offline aero

• Adventurer
Working While Sick
« on: November 20, 2017, 11:12:35 AM »
So I work at a hagwon with elementary and middle school students but I was recently diagnosed with the stomach flu (which may or may not be contagious). I'm healthy enough to work but I don't want to spread the infection to any of my students or coworkers. Any suggestions on how to keep yourself and others safe from sickness while at work?

Offline travelinpantsgirl

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
  • It is as it never was...
Re: Working While Sick
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 11:26:12 AM »
So I work at a hagwon with elementary and middle school students but I was recently diagnosed with the stomach flu (which may or may not be contagious). I'm healthy enough to work but I don't want to spread the infection to any of my students or coworkers. Any suggestions on how to keep yourself and others safe from sickness while at work?
If you think they'd get sick through airborne germs, get a good mask from the pharmacy.
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 11:38:32 AM »
take a couple of days off work until you feel better. ah, wait, this is korea

Offline aero

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 12:52:40 PM »
take a couple of days off work until you feel better. ah, wait, this is korea

If only it were that easy. I already used up one of my two sick days because of a kidney infection so I'm not happy right now.

Offline ESLinsider

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 12:08:54 AM »
Yes, a mask would help and you wouldn't look weird. You'd fit in.
Who is ESLinsider?

Online fishead

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 07:12:52 AM »
 The key to getting time off in Korea. Crutches, employers don't like it when the monkey tries to accend the stairs on crutches.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 07:15:06 AM »

There is a norovirus going around.  It is highly contagious.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/07/south-korea-struggling-to-contain-norovirus-outbreak-at-olympics/

Offline m.corless

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 10:34:08 PM »
The key to getting time off in Korea. Crutches, employers don't like it when the monkey tries to accend the stairs on crutches.

Truth.

Although once I torn ligaments in my ankle and the hospital said stay off it for 2 weeks. My principal asked if I could still walk to school (about 10 minutes) and go to my second floor classroom then just sit all day to rest there...  :rolleyes: