February 17, 2019, 02:20:59 AM

Author Topic: Crescent rolls  (Read 1082 times)

Offline tanis62458

• Super Waygook
Crescent rolls
« on: November 07, 2017, 08:40:06 AM »
anybody know where i can get a hold of crescent rolls in tubes?  i want to get them uncooked so i can use them later.  like the pillsbury crescent roll tubes.  i don't know if any of the stores carry them.  i haven't seen them anyway.   thanksgiving is coming and they would be nice to have.  i know some bakeries sell them already made, but i'm looking for the kind in the tubes.  yay

;D

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.

Offline Piggydee

• The Legend
Re: Crescent rolls
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 12:40:13 PM »
There used to be this shop that I went to one time a loooong time ago called "I love Cookie" in Bundang.  They seemed to have EVERYTHING foreign.  You can all try High Street Market in Itaewon. 

Offline Piggydee

• The Legend
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 12:43:45 PM »
Actually there is a great bakery in HBC called Le Chien Blanc that makes fresh VERY FLAKEY VERY BUTTERY crescent rolls.  Just stop by their place before American Thanksgiving day the 23/24 to order yourself some.  I don't know why but there also seems to be a Korean thanksgiving day too next Friday ??  I don't know about that but my friends are planning something thanksgiving-ly of sorts that I'm not prepared for. 

Offline tanis62458

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 12:47:00 PM »
thanks for the replies guys.  guess i have to order it online.  ive been to i love cookie before.  pretty good shop.  i just don't think i can keep them cold enough to transport them without it popping open.  i guess i can get one of those cooler bags and hope for the best or just order them online.   was really hoping some place like homeplus or emart started carrying them. 

le sigh  :-[

Offline tanis62458

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 12:48:28 PM »
Actually there is a great bakery in HBC called Le Chien Blanc that makes fresh VERY FLAKEY VERY BUTTERY crescent rolls.  Just stop by their place before American Thanksgiving day the 23/24 to order yourself some.  I don't know why but there also seems to be a Korean thanksgiving day too next Friday ??  I don't know about that but my friends are planning something thanksgiving-ly of sorts that I'm not prepared for. 

i want to cook different dishes with the dough.  i've tried making my own and it turns out i suck at it.  so i'm going for convenience

Offline wanderlust8

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 12:54:49 PM »

Offline Piggydee

• The Legend
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 12:56:20 PM »
Also try Amazon.  They usually will indicate to you that they will ship to South Korea but for you to get in on time for American Thanksgiving you would have needed to order it late last month.  You could try to rush it but really pay over 50,000won for a few packages of the pop tubes is not really worth it.  P.S. you can also ask the guys that Le Chien Blanc to make you some pastries.  One of the guys there is from the UK and he really prides himself on not making his deserts and pastries like the brick hard, 생그림 BS that you find at most Korean bakeries.  He gets most of his butter and flour from France and as a fat American that knows what a good desert tastes like I can say this bakery really measures up to home. 

Offline Piggydee

• The Legend
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 12:57:39 PM »
According to the homeplus site they carry it in stores. http://www.homeplus.co.kr/app.product.GoodDetail.ghs?comm=usr.detail&good_id=125707218

Those aren't Pillsbury though....and once they bake up you don't know if they are going to be the same flavor-less bricks that we have come to be used to here in Korea. 

Offline Piggydee

• The Legend
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 01:00:17 PM »
O.P. if you really hell bent on getting Pillsbury then go to I love Cookie and try your luck.  I bet you could find them there.   :wink:

Offline tanis62458

• Super Waygook
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 01:31:02 PM »
According to the homeplus site they carry it in stores. http://www.homeplus.co.kr/app.product.GoodDetail.ghs?comm=usr.detail&good_id=125707218

yeah i might try these.  i'll check out the big homeplus around my area.  it doesn't have to be pillsbury, just 12,000won though.   :-[  i guess it should matter.  i remember buying a block of velvetta "cheese" for about 20,000 won.  i just want to be able to wrap it around stuff and still have that flaky goodness with some flavor hopefully

O.P. if you really hell bent on getting Pillsbury then go to I love Cookie and try your luck.  I bet you could find them there.   :wink:

yeah if they homeplus plan doesn't work, i'll just head over the jeongja and get it from there  8)  at least there are options. 

sidenote:  i love me some jalapeno poppers.  even started making them on my own when i saw that costco was selling a version of it.  can't find those anymore now.  i just keep thinking about foods

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 01:48:27 PM »
Where in Bundang is this I love Cookie place?

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2017, 01:55:46 PM »

Where in Bundang is this I love Cookie place?

Just outside Exit 5 of 정자 Station.
https://store.naver.com/restaurants/detail?id=13309722

아이러브 쿠키 분당...카페,디저트

주소
    경기 성남시 분당구 정자일로 210 동양정자파라곤
    지번경기 성남시 분당구 정자동 14-3 동양파라곤 1단지 123호
전화
    031-726-2231
영업
    평일 00:00~24:00
    주말 00:00~24:00 연중무휴
Thank you! I tried Naver searching it, but all I got was a video of someone feeding their dog named Cookie, so I think I may have spelled it wrong in hangeul.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2017, 02:04:14 PM »
Does this "I Love Cookie" actually have unique products or is it simply a melange of what you'd find at Homeplus/Emart/Costco/Foreign Food Mart Itaewon?

Offline tanis62458

• Super Waygook
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2017, 02:07:57 PM »
i think they got some good stuff but i normally buy the little things like ranch dressing, refried beans, gravy, otc medicine if i really need it.  it's a small store that's been around for a while.  vanilla coke...yeah anyone else besides me like vanilla coke?  no...no one....

:blank:
some of the prices are pretty high though but if you are in jeongja, it's worth a look

Offline Piggydee

• The Legend
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 02:08:44 PM »
Does this "I Love Cookie" actually have unique products or is it simply a melange of what you'd find at Homeplus/Emart/Costco/Foreign Food Mart Itaewon?

Umm not sure what you mean by unique.  I found they cater more towards the American crowd with things like Aunt Jaminma, Pillsbury, Duncan Hines, and other type of USA brand loyal stuff.  I can't say as of now, it's been about 4 years ago was the last time I went there.  Not sure if you are hoping for Canadian, Aussie, South African brand loyal stuff....but you can try and check it out. 

Offline OnNut81

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 02:31:05 PM »
I used to go to I Love Cookie when I lived in Bundang years back.  They seemed to have a lot of stuff that you wouldn't find at big mart.  It's definitely a treasure trove of American goods, but fairly pricey as I recall.