February 17, 2019, 01:28:40 AM

Author Topic: What American Foods Should to Share With Class  (Read 965 times)

Offline JustTapItIn

• Newgookin
What American Foods Should to Share With Class
« on: October 05, 2017, 01:23:19 PM »
I'm running a movie night for my students weekly, maybe multiple times weekly, and I have been bringing oreos and milk for them. It seem like there aren't a lot of American foods that I can think of that I could get here. The only things I can think of are peanut butter and jelly,  ants on a log, and chocolate chip cookies. Halp! Thanks.

Offline KimDuHan

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: What American Foods Should to Share With Class
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 08:27:45 AM »
Root beer so their parents call and try to get you fired!

Online VanIslander

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Lovin' the southernmost islands
Re: What American Foods Should to Share With Class
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 05:55:16 PM »
I have spent A LOT of money on yummies for the Friday classes at my last job, as half my classes were students I taught 5 days a week and a game quiz Friday seemed a fun way to end off the week.

It turns out the CHEAPEST thing I could get them is the one they LOVED the most!!

I boiled some MACARONI, strained it, added in a few slices of processed cheese, a few sprinkles of black pepper for color, served them in paper cups, put a bottle of ketchup on the table and told them it was optional (everyone wanted the ketchup, though some just to try, others went to town).

I got the idea from watching another teacher do it. Every class loves it!

At the end of the year we reviewed on the board all the treats I'd given them: Domino's pizza (bloody expensive), fried chicken, Baskin & Robbins ice cream, Dunkin' Donuts, ice cream cake, homemade chili (mild and hot versions to choose from), Swiss chocolate, bagels with cream cheese, spaghetti (very messy, don't recommend it), a huge variety of imported cookies, chocolates, candies (twizzlers were quite popular),... then I asked them: WHICH ONE DO YOU WANT AGAIN FOR OUR END-OF-YEAR PARTY? And sure enough every class chose MACARONI & CHEESE.  :rolleyes: oh... K.