February 16, 2019, 08:49:46 AM

Author Topic: By the gods I hate K-pop.  (Read 8847 times)

Offline gagevt

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • Expert Waygook
  • "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives"
Re: By the gods I hate K-pop.
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2018, 12:54:06 PM »
I love Kpop. 8) Although I'm much less fanatical than I used to be about it.
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."

Offline ESLTurtle

• Super Waygook
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2018, 01:43:14 PM »
I actually like Lovelyz and Cosmic girls, lol.  :police:

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2018, 01:53:42 PM »

So do you think it's gone downhill a bit or you've grown up?

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2018, 02:28:06 PM »
I never got into Archer. I tried, but I just couldn't. And I enjoy Rick and Morty, but like, Ricky and Morty superfans are the worst, and kind of puts me off the show a little. But it is a great show.

Bojack is tops. Pour yourself a drink and feel sad.

I get it, I was honestly the same way about Bojack at first. I had to give it a go about three times before I finally made it past episode 5 of season 1, which is about where the series finally started to come together for me.

I enjoyed Archer from the start, but the meat of the series doesn't really come about until much later. I think part of the reason why I like it so much is because it keeps to a shallow image but has some really deep, almost imperceptible stuff going on right below the surface. And also Krieger.

My brother hates Archer, too, I just can't seem to convert him. xD

I love Archer, guilty pleasure.  Some seasons are better than others but I'm in it for the characters. 
Heard about the crazy superfans (imagine fandom reputation preceding the show :undecided:) prior to watching Rick & Morty which put me off watching it, but I'm glad I finally got around to it after hearing some friends recommend it.

Maybe I'll have to give Bojack a try~

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2018, 02:34:54 PM »
I never got into Archer. I tried, but I just couldn't. And I enjoy Rick and Morty, but like, Ricky and Morty superfans are the worst, and kind of puts me off the show a little. But it is a great show.

Bojack is tops. Pour yourself a drink and feel sad.

I get it, I was honestly the same way about Bojack at first. I had to give it a go about three times before I finally made it past episode 5 of season 1, which is about where the series finally started to come together for me.

I enjoyed Archer from the start, but the meat of the series doesn't really come about until much later. I think part of the reason why I like it so much is because it keeps to a shallow image but has some really deep, almost imperceptible stuff going on right below the surface. And also Krieger.

My brother hates Archer, too, I just can't seem to convert him. xD

I love Archer, guilty pleasure.  Some seasons are better than others but I'm in it for the characters. 
Heard about the crazy superfans (imagine fandom reputation preceding the show :undecided:) prior to watching Rick & Morty which put me off watching it, but I'm glad I finally got around to it after hearing some friends recommend it.

How about starting a new thread for whatever it is you're talking about?

Offline Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2018, 03:24:58 PM »
@ eggie: OMG I HATE KPOP SOOO MUCH ALL PPLL SHULD HATE KPOP TH3Y CN LIST3N IF DEY WANS BUT I WILL NVE RESEPK THM

Same here, I really wish they'd do more with Krieger, but I guess he wouldn't be nearly as funny if he weren't as randomly inserted as he is.

The R&M superfans kind of remind me of this "goth" guy I knew in high school who was obsessed with Nightmare Before Christmas. He legit told a friend of mine who was wearing a Nightmare Before Christmas t-shirt that day that she shouldn't be wearing the shirt because she clearly didn't fully understand and therefore couldn't fully appreciate what Nightmare Before Christmas was all about.

Petty insecurity will latch onto anything. It's part of what feeds into the same kind of snobbery you see in some  people's opinions on music and who should/shouldn't be listening to that music. Ties in very easily with the current kpop discussion.

In the end, it's more about people's behaviors and reactions to the media than it is about the media itself.

Bojack is a fun watch. Enjoy trying it out.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 03:35:31 PM by Chinguetti »

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2018, 07:42:03 AM »
Bojack is a fun watch. Enjoy trying it out.

hahaha, it will destroy you! But in a good way? Still essential viewing anyway.
The joys of fauxtherhood

Offline Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2018, 07:54:03 AM »
WAT, ALL THOSE ANIMAL PUNS AND JOKES MAKE DYSFUNCTION TRENDY NEVER HAVE I RELATED MORE TO A CHARACTER NAMED PRINCESS CAROLINE BRRAP BRRAP PEW PEW

Seriously, I really wish we didn't have to wait 2+ years between each season. Producers these days are too chickenshit to okay anything further than a single season at a time. Ironically, the wait is exactly what kills some shows.

But I guess it's better than how fans have to wait 4+ years between each music album. Not really sure why that is, though.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 08:40:08 AM by Chinguetti »

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2018, 08:44:51 AM »
But I guess it's better than how fans have to wait 4+ years between each music album. Not really sure why that is, though.

Good lord, I'm dying for the new Arctic Monkeys album. 9 days.
The joys of fauxtherhood

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2018, 08:52:25 AM »
"Kpip is music for teenagers"- acts like a teenager about how "cool" yoir music is.
Kpip? Yoir? Oh dear. Martin is losing it.

For effs sake its a typo on a smartphone. Get a grip.

Nope. I've noticed it a lot recently. You are coming apart at the seams old boy. You actually thought Kpop was called Kpip, didn't you? Oh man. Oh god. This is wild. After all these years Martin, strange duck that he is, is losing his marbles, through an overload of anger and stupid arguments. Kpip, that's great.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2018, 09:16:26 AM »
"Kpip is music for teenagers"- acts like a teenager about how "cool" yoir music is.

Nope. I've noticed it a lot recently. You are coming apart at the seams old boy. You actually thought Kpop was called Kpip, didn't you? Oh man. Oh god. This is wild. After all these years Martin, strange duck that he is, is losing his marbles, through an overload of anger and stupid arguments. Kpip, that's great.

Yes, I thought kpop was called kpip.  :rolleyes:

I think the person coming apart at the seams is the person who doesn't realize that 'i' is right next to 'o' on a keyboard and people make typos all the time on smartphones and tries to attribute it to some sort of mental illness.

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2018, 09:27:09 AM »

Yes, I thought kpop was called kpip.  :rolleyes:

I think the person coming apart at the seams is the person who doesn't realize that 'i' is right next to 'o' on a keyboard and people make typos all the time on smartphones and tries to attribute it to some sort of mental illness.
Oh jeez. Are you mad now?
Sorry. God. I was just trying to help and you come in and just be mean to me. And IMHO I think that you think it is called Kpip. It only makes sense going by your recent post history. Hang on, I just realised something....Martin, were you drunk when you posted about Kpip? I know you've talked about your alcohol abuse, drunk driving etc in the past......I just worry, that's all. You need to get some help. PM me if you need advice.

Regardless bro, the genre is called KpOp. With an 'O'. mnOpq... Not kpIp. Your mistake is the "I". Got it? We DON'T call it Kpip. It's just not correct. OK?
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline meseashell

• Newgookin
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2018, 12:03:47 PM »
I just want to say thank you guys, from the bottom of my heart, for giving me a good laugh on this dreary, boring day

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2018, 12:17:31 PM »
Sorry. God. I was just trying to help and you come in and just be mean to me. And IMHO I think that you think it is called Kpip. It only makes sense going by your recent post history. Hang on, I just realised something....Martin, were you drunk when you posted about Kpip? I know you've talked about your alcohol abuse, drunk driving etc in the past......I just worry, that's all. You need to get some help. PM me if you need advice.

Regardless bro, the genre is called KpOp. With an 'O'. mnOpq... Not kpIp. Your mistake is the "I". Got it? We DON'T call it Kpip. It's just not correct. OK?
If you're going to take the piss out of someone, at least have it somewhat grounded in reality.

"Martin thinks it's really kpip" doesn't work because even my biggest haters know that I know it's Kpop. If you really think that I think it's kpip, you're an idiot and everyone would agree. If you know that I just made a type, but are just looking to rile me up, it's a really weak way to do it.

Anyways, enjoy your sad little lonely world where you think this is clever or true.

Offline tylerthegloob

• Super Waygook
  • gg wp
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2018, 12:24:57 PM »

If you know that I just made a type, but are just looking to rile me up, it's a really weak way to do it.

oh dear... e and o aren't close to each other on any kind of keyboard mr. demartino
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 12:37:31 PM by tylerthegloob »

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2018, 12:37:55 PM »

"Martin thinks it's really kpip" doesn't work because even my biggest haters know that I know it's Kpop. If you really think that I think it's kpip, you're an idiot and everyone would agree. If you know that I just made a type, but are just looking to rile me up, it's a really weak way to do it.

Anyways, enjoy your sad little lonely world where you think this is clever or true.

Well call me an idiot then, go ahead. And if it was your intention to hurt me, then congratulations you have succeeded admirably. :cry:

I know for a fact that you DO think the genre of music is KPIP. I corrected you, "No, Martin, sorry, just want to point out to you that it's actually KPOP, not Kpip". Then you just came back and lashed out and trolled me big time. Last time I help you out. What's worse is that you have called me out in front of all my waygook friends on this website.

And look up, tylerthegloob has found ANOTHER of your typos Martin, or should I say breakdown signals. You are unbelivable Martin. Stay off my set.

Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2018, 12:50:33 PM »

If you know that I just made a type, but are just looking to rile me up, it's a really weak way to do it.

oh dear... e and o aren't close to each other on any kind of keyboard mr. demartino
autocorrect.

Still new to the smartphone?

Offline ESLTurtle

• Super Waygook
« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2018, 01:32:56 PM »
K-Pop's pretty fake. God be with those blessed souls in the industry. Oh lordy..   :rolleyes:

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2018, 01:46:22 PM »
I really enjoy watching AOA music videos with the volume down, alone at home.
The joys of fauxtherhood

Offline gagevt

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • Expert Waygook
  • "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives"
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2018, 01:55:02 PM »

So do you think it's gone downhill a bit or you've grown up?

Just a combination of over-saturation and lack of group I'm crazy about these days I guess. I really like Twice's recent releases. Hated their early stuff. Maybe I'm a little burnt out after hardcore following SNSD over the years. I've been around the scene for a while. Quality hasn't really gone up or down in my opinion.
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."