February 17, 2019, 04:26:34 PM

Author Topic: By the gods I hate K-pop.  (Read 8867 times)

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
Re: By the gods I hate K-pop.
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2018, 03:01:50 PM »
I love Kpop. 8) Although I'm much less fanatical than I used to be about it.

So do you think it's gone downhill a bit or you've grown up?

Just a combination of over-saturation and lack of group I'm crazy about these days I guess. I really like Twice's recent releases. Hated their early stuff. Maybe I'm a little burnt out after hardcore following SNSD over the years. I've been around the scene for a while. Quality hasn't really gone up or down in my opinion.

Meh. The 90s were the glory days. Back when Kpop actually was about stuff.

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2018, 03:04:19 PM »
I love Kpop. 8) Although I'm much less fanatical than I used to be about it.

So do you think it's gone downhill a bit or you've grown up?

Just a combination of over-saturation and lack of group I'm crazy about these days I guess. I really like Twice's recent releases. Hated their early stuff. Maybe I'm a little burnt out after hardcore following SNSD over the years. I've been around the scene for a while. Quality hasn't really gone up or down in my opinion.

Meh. The 90s were the glory days. Back when Kpop actually was about stuff.

Oh. Don't you mean Kpip?? Lol lol lol :laugh: :laugh: :shocked:

PS stop stalking me man. Not cool   >:(
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2018, 09:41:58 AM »
Stumbled across this video recently. Don't know if it's been posted before but it's pretty interesting. 'Only one in ten thousand trainees become stars' WTF?

There's a hilarious section at around 11.30 secs when Taeyeon out of Girls' generation is asked what she'd like to pass onto to her kids and they all suggest she'd choose her voice. However she decides she wouldn't want her kid to become a singer (in front of I assume some entertainment company ajosshi who looks very pissed off)  So what would she like to pass onto her kid instead, you ask?  Something more worthwhile and profound. Something that reflects her disillusionment with the vacuous entertainment business? Her generosity of spirit perhaps, or her wisdom gained under the most difficult of circumstances? Nope, her 'light skin tone'  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 09:53:25 AM by eggieguffer »

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2018, 10:06:12 AM »
that video is good

this one has stuck with me too

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2018, 01:54:48 PM »
that video is good

this one has stuck with me too

It's a bit 'everyone listen to me talking about me for 12 minutes'. In an American kind of way. Also it's a bit sad that she found herself by 'eating like a normal person' and writing about natural beauty but still manages to look like your archetypal anorexic K pop star. in my eyes anyway. It'd have been a lot more impressive if she'd got into a field totally unrelated to looks and put on about 3 stone

Offline pkjh

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2018, 02:20:49 PM »
It's a bit 'everyone listen to me talking about me for 12 minutes'. In an American kind of way. Also it's a bit sad that she found herself by 'eating like a normal person' and writing about natural beauty but still manages to look like your archetypal anorexic K pop star. in my eyes anyway. It'd have been a lot more impressive if she'd got into a field totally unrelated to looks and put on about 3 stone
Not every woman can balloon into a butterball, even if they wanted to.

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2018, 02:28:57 PM »
Not every woman can balloon into a butterball, even if they wanted to.

She said she used to weigh 90 pounds at 5.8' and I said it'd be nice to see her at around 130. That's hardly 'ballooning into a butterball.'

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2018, 02:43:21 PM »
what the hell is a butterball

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2018, 02:47:32 PM »

I just remember it from Fawlty Towers the Waldorf salad episode

Mr Hamilton   How big a butterball do you take me for?
Basil   . . . Butter . . . ?
Mr Hamilton   Do you think I don't know what's been going on out there?

Offline hayleebb87

• Adventurer
« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2018, 02:50:29 PM »

It's a food brand that is mostly famous for their turkeys (frozen turkey in a bag). Calling someone a butterball means overweight or chubby. 90 pounds at 5'8 is just insane. Poor woman.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 02:52:10 PM by hayleebb87 »

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2018, 02:54:43 PM »
so the consensus is that that woman should be eating more butterballs and less waldolf salads