February 17, 2019, 04:11:21 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: Netflix age verify  (Read 4383 times)

Offline SuperDoodle23

• Super Waygook
Netflix age verify
« on: June 05, 2017, 01:48:24 PM »
Netflix is wanting me to verify my age. I keep submitting my info for my phone but it says the information does not match. Has anyone else experienced this before?

donovan

Re: Netflix age verify
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 02:01:37 PM »
Netflix Under Fire from Korean Media
http://www.waygook.org/index.php/topic,94416.100.html

Netflix is here in South Korea!
http://www.waygook.org/index.php/topic,93625.20.html

Yes, I had this problem.

I just signed up for a free trial of Netflix Korea but, lo! I'm getting tripped up by age verification, which won't accept any of the various possible ways to spell my name. Anyone else have this problem? This happened to me with YouTube as well, by I was finally able to break through in that case.

Also, I haven't had much time to peruse the selection yet, but from what I initially saw there's not a whole lot (if any?) Korean content with English subtitles. Anyone have any luck on this front?
I had this problem too. If you talk to someone in the online help chat, they should be able to help you.

I think my name format was SURNAMEFIRSTNAMEMIDDLENAME - like this in caps without any spaces, but the help chat should be able to find out for you.

I tried that but I think by the time I got around to that variation I had already tripped their security software and now the Netflix chat guy is telling me I have to wait 24 hours to try to verify my age again :rolleyes: Productive day at work!! Maybe the Korean Tourism Board could use "stymieing" as their next single-word slogan. :cry:

From what I remember the Netflix chat help guy was very kind and helpful.

Offline Stephensalz

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 03:33:44 PM »
Netflix is wanting me to verify my age. I keep submitting my info for my phone but it says the information does not match. Has anyone else experienced this before?

I had that problem.  It turned out somebody had misspelled my middle name at immigration even though it was correct on my ARC card.  It works, you just have to find out if the mistake is with you or with them.  I agree with the above person, exactly as it is on your ARC card.

Offline dalkyr

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 04:08:47 PM »
Also, when they say "exactly like your ARC" they mean it. Name order, even capitalization. Most ARCs are "SURNAME GIVENNAME MIDDLENAME", so that's what you enter.

Offline bjinglee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 12:05:53 AM »
I had the same issue. Still couldn't get it to work so when I contacted Netflix, they had to cancel my account and then I had to have it reactivated by someone in my home country using my home credit card. Problem solved.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 08:11:20 AM »
I had the same issue. Still couldn't get it to work so when I contacted Netflix, they had to cancel my account and then I had to have it reactivated by someone in my home country using my home credit card. Problem solved.

I kept my Canadian account, paid with a Canadian card.. no problems ever.

Offline fdny

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 09:20:22 AM »
fmovies.se  problem solved.

Offline richarquis

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 06:04:51 PM »
I know this is an old thread, but it just worked for me, and my answer may help someone.

As others have stated, it needs to tie in to your phone carrier, and that's all caps, surname-first name-middle name, then birthday, yadda yadda.

The thing that solved it for me was the phone number - You have to put dashes in. So, 01023456789 is not ok, but 010-2345-6789 is. I got a verification code immediately after noticing what I'd done wrong and waiting the 24hr period after "you have tried too many times" message. Now everything works perfect, tied to a Korean credit card, signed up here in Korea. So, "It's impossible for foreigners" isn't true - It just worked for me. Hope this helps somebody.

Online wg95

• Explorer
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 11:27:35 AM »
I had this too. So annoying. Spell your name exactly as it is on your ARC, including capital letters.