February 17, 2019, 04:33:52 PM

Author Topic: New bio questions Barack Obama's motives in marrying Michelle  (Read 3136 times)

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
"The young Obama he shows in the mammoth Rising Star: The Making of Barack Obama (William Morrow, 1,078 pp., *** out of four stars) is a magnetic but calculating shape shifter who nursed presidential ambitions for far longer than he admitted or wanted anyone to know....

"Not content with questioning Obama's love for his mother, Garrow goes into great detail about the future president's relationship with his wife, Michelle, and whether his decision to marry her stemmed more from politics than love. Garrow puts great faith in the memories of Obama's onetime girlfriend, Oberlin professor Sheila Miyoshi Jager, whose three-year relationship with Obama is treated with as much seriousness as the decision to kill Osama bin Laden. Ultimately, Obama decided that if he would pursue a career in politics in black Chicago, he could not be married to a white woman."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/books/2017/05/08/rising-star-the-making-of-barack-obama-david-j-garrow-book-review/100997478/

In addition to helping him appear as more authentically black, marrying Michelle may have also been good cover for his sexual orientation.

"Former President Barack Obama considered being homosexual as a young man, according to a forthcoming biography of the president."
http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/26/new-biography-young-obama-considered-gayness-amazon1/

Online waygo0k

• The Legend
Re: New bio questions Barack Obama's motives in marrying Michelle
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 03:09:17 PM »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"He didn't take away our guns or muh freedoms...he must not be authentically black or authentically married to the same woman for almost 2 decades"

donovan

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 04:42:28 PM »
In addition to helping him appear as more authentically black, marrying Michelle may have also been good cover for his sexual orientation.

"Former President Barack Obama considered being homosexual as a young man, according to a forthcoming biography of the president."
http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/26/new-biography-young-obama-considered-gayness-amazon1/

The Great Deliberator! :laugh: It's a choice one can only arrive at after careful consideration.

Also, waygo0k, please never change your profile pic.

Offline VanIslander

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Lovin' the southernmost islands
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 06:16:48 PM »
Why do you think Bill married Hillary?

Offline Piggydee

• The Legend
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 12:00:37 PM »
I don't know for me I couldn't date much less marry a guy that was liking a certain type of woman for so long.  It seemed like Barack had a preference and that preference seemed to be white.  I'm too much of a jealous person to say date someone who only and SOLELY dated Asian girls because for me if we are out somewhere and he got the itch to flirt with an Asian girl than that would drive me up the walls because I know that say 8 of his girlfriends before me here Asian (or Hispanic, or Black, or white insert any race you want into this...THIS IS NOT ABOUT people who have Asian fetishes!!!)

Like look at this picture right here.  I would SOOO BE IN FIGHTING MODE if my man saw a type of girl he used to be fixated on and then GOT REALLLLL FRIENDLY WITH HER!

*image not showing up but just google Michelle ask Barack to switch seats and it there.

I mean it goes both ways too.  I know a girl who is always getting into drama with her man because he is still hung up on the fact that she only dated Korean guys prior to him.  And living here I can imagine the constant fights they have.  :huh:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 12:02:21 PM by Piggydee »

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 03:05:05 PM »
I don't know for me I couldn't date much less marry a guy that was liking a certain type of woman for so long.  It seemed like Barack had a preference and that preference seemed to be white.
    I don't think that dating one individual for three years shows a pattern or preference. If he had dated 5 white women, then yeah, maybe: gotta get a bigger sample size before speculating about the prez's type!

I once had a gay teacher from whom I learned things.... I've also possibly once or twice mentioned to friends how relationships with the opposite sex can be difficult.... does that mean I'm probably gay too?  :huh:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 03:12:31 PM by kyndo »

Offline Piggydee

• The Legend
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 05:25:02 PM »
Actually I read other articles that said he has dated more than one woman who was white.

Online waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 09:02:57 PM »
At the end of the day it's all speculation. He could have had 15 white ex-girlfriends for all we care...the fact remains he ended up marrying the woman he's currently with and has made it a successful marriage/relationship.

Until they divorce or publicly come out about the (negative or failing) status of their relationship, any speculation on the subject falls within the "homosexual Kenyan-born Muslim terrorist/communist who wants to destroy the U.S." spectrum

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 08:02:27 AM »
Actually I read other articles that said he has dated more than one woman who was white.
At the same time or separately?
Just kidding.

That might lead a bit more credence to that theory, then. You'd think the article would include that fact when making those kind of observations. :rolleyes:

Offline Piggydee

• The Legend
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 08:30:35 AM »
At the end of the day it's all speculation. He could have had 15 white ex-girlfriends for all we care...the fact remains he ended up marrying the woman he's currently with and has made it a successful marriage/relationship.

Until they divorce or publicly come out about the (negative or failing) status of their relationship, any speculation on the subject falls within the "homosexual Kenyan-born Muslim terrorist/communist who wants to destroy the U.S." spectrum

Yeah I agree with you on that point.  I guess it's the whole "he's going home with me so what should it matter" point.  Still I can't sit there at dinner with my boyfriend while he salivates with the Brazilian waitress because he studied in Brazil for a year and wants to freshen up on his Portuguese.   I've traveled the world myself and when I meet someone from a country that I've been to I say "Oh I've been to that country AND LOVED IT!! Especially the (name some food and or land mark)."  and I leave it at that.  I'm not about to disrespect my boyfriend and strike up a 5 minute plus conversation and leave him in the dark over my past affinatly for a culture that is not his.  I mean I'm just respectful like that.   

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 09:07:43 AM »
I bought the book in December and have read about the first 500 pages. It is very thoroughly researched. One impression I've gotten is that Obama tried really hard to become a typical African American. He was raised by his white mother in Indonesia and his white grandparents in Hawaii. After he had graduated from Columbia he moved to Chicago to work as a community organizer which is where he made a serious effort to adopt a black identity (despite being half white). He thought he could go farther in politics as a black politician. Some people who knew him well thought that marrying Michelle was part of that. He had had three white girlfriends before her.   

The book talks about Obama's autobiography which some critics have called semi-fictional. Obama changed many of the stories from his life to fit a certain narrative. He tried to portray himself as an angry young black person (angry about racial injustice) growing up in Hawaii. Friends who remember him from that time say that he wasn't that way at all. When I read his autobiography several years ago I thought that part was strange. I had lived in Hawaii too and from my experiences white people are the ones who face discrimination there. Obama, as a biracial person, would have fit in much better. He also combined his three white girlfriends into one character in his autobiography in order to minimize the role they played in his life.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 09:30:22 AM by CDW »

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 09:25:23 AM »
Well, no matter what, it's more tasteful than this-

"Banging 10s Who Love Me For My Money: The Autobiography of the Love Life of Donald Trump"

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 09:49:51 AM »
That book must be horrendous trash if even CDW can't finish it.  :laugh:

Offline donuts81

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2018, 04:14:44 PM »
Well, no matter what, it's more tasteful than this-

"Banging 10s Who Love Me For My Money: The Autobiography of the Love Life of Donald Trump"

Yeah, but which one would be more interesting?
"You can't hurt me now, Mr Lee. I've lost all feeling"

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2018, 06:50:44 PM »
Not sure why anyone who supports Trump (or Republicans in general) would care about the marriage of a Democrat, but there we are.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM

Trump is a liar and a con man.

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 08:52:19 AM »
https://pumpkinperson.com/2018/09/19/my-first-impressions-of-rising-star-by-david-j-garrow/

I basically agree with this review of the book. Obama is very intelligent and articulate but is also quite comfortable being deceptive and two-faced. As a politician, he was very good at telling people what they wanted to hear. Trump is very much the opposite: he tells people what he thinks whether they want to hear it or not. But Trump has made his style work for him. He is perceived as being authentic.

Like the review says the book is very thoroughly researched. It literally contains hundreds of pages of end notes.

Offline Sharks9

• Explorer
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2018, 09:44:09 AM »
His marriage to Michelle is a hell of a lot more real than Melania marrying Donald purely for his money and not giving a crap how much he cheats on her

Offline sh9wntm

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2018, 09:55:02 AM »
I don't know for me I couldn't date much less marry a guy that was liking a certain type of woman for so long.

Dating a certain ethnicity for a while doesn't preclude someone from like others... If I was dating someone who judged me like that, there wouldn't be a second one.

Offline Andyman

• Super Waygook
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2018, 10:19:03 AM »
https://pumpkinperson.com/2018/09/19/my-first-impressions-of-rising-star-by-david-j-garrow/

I basically agree with this review of the book. Obama is very intelligent and articulate but is also quite comfortable being deceptive and two-faced. As a politician, he was very good at telling people what they wanted to hear. Trump is very much the opposite: he tells people what he thinks whether they want to hear it or not. But Trump has made his style work for him. He is perceived as being authentic.

Like the review says the book is very thoroughly researched. It literally contains hundreds of pages of end notes.

Has anyone gone to this link yet? It's like one paragraph of the writer saying "I started looking through this book and it's very big, with lots of footnotes."

Not a review. Not anything. I guess CDW just wanted to refocus everyone's attention on the Obamas' marriage for some inexplicable reason.

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2018, 11:12:03 AM »
His marriage to Michelle is a hell of a lot more real than Melania marrying Donald purely for his money and not giving a crap how much he cheats on her
At least that's out in the open and is not so unusual. Obama, in contrast, was very good at keeping his past hidden and the media wasn't eager to go digging. In an interview with the author, Tucker Carlson observed that "there's a coldness at the center of the guy that's really striking." Obama was very comfortable playing a role in life in order to advance his political career.  I don't think most Americans knew who he really was.