December 14, 2018, 06:47:24 PM

Author Topic: morbidly obese in prison  (Read 1546 times)

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
morbidly obese in prison
« on: April 26, 2017, 01:33:52 PM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39695668

How is it possible to get this fat in prison? I mean the only food they get is from the authorities so they have to be pretty much totally responsible for causing these two guys to get diabetes. How does it feel to know your tax dollars have been force feeding these guys for over twenty years before they finally execute them? In the UK they'd probably both be on the streets by now from a 'life sentence' for good behaviour (equally absurd)

donovan

Re: morbidly obese in prison
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 03:05:47 PM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39695668

How is it possible to get this fat in prison? I mean the only food they get is from the authorities so they have to be pretty much totally responsible for causing these two guys to get diabetes. How does it feel to know your tax dollars have been force feeding these guys for over twenty years before they finally execute them? In the UK they'd probably both be on the streets by now from a 'life sentence' for good behaviour (equally absurd)

Is this one of the conditions El Chapo is advocating changes for?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/24/nyregion/el-chapo-complains-about-conditions-at-manhattan-jail.html

Offline weigookin74

• The Legend
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 12:28:55 PM »
A murdering rapist?  Pardon me if I have no sympathy.  Maybe he should have done the raping and the killing, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. 

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 12:34:31 PM »
A murdering rapist?  Pardon me if I have no sympathy.  Maybe he should NOT have done the raping and the killing, then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

FTFY

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 02:48:11 PM »
Isn't prison just a whole bunch of eating awful food and sitting around? Seems pretty easy to gain weight when you're over 30 and probably feel too depressed to work out or aren't allowed to work out for whatever reason.

Also, who's to say they didn't weigh that much going in? Maybe they lost weight. There's no way of knowing.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 03:19:31 PM »
Well I guess thats's one way to avoid getting prison raped.

Offline weigookin74

• The Legend
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 03:25:23 PM »
A murdering rapist?  Pardon me if I have no sympathy.  Maybe he should NOT have done the raping and the killing, then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

FTFY

Oops.  Forgot the NOT.  Doh!  ...and whatever FTFY means. 

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 03:33:39 PM »
They were looking to execute eight prisoners as quickly as possible and you're concerned the guys' overweight?

Offline fdny

• Super Waygook
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 03:37:19 PM »
Civilized countries don't execute their citizens.  Fat or thin. Period.

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 03:40:10 PM »
Isn't prison just a whole bunch of eating awful food and sitting around? Seems pretty easy to gain weight when you're over 30 and probably feel too depressed to work out or aren't allowed to work out for whatever reason.

All they have to do in the prison is feed them the number of calories an average man requires a day. 2,500 is it? it's not rocket science. If you get 2,500 calories a day you won't become morbidly obese, no matter how little exercise you do.

Also, who's to say they didn't weigh that much going in? Maybe they lost weight. There's no way of knowing

True, though how easy would it be for a guy weighing 400 pounds to commit those terrible crimes?

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 04:12:20 PM »

All they have to do in the prison is feed them the number of calories an average man requires a day. 2,500 is it? it's not rocket science. If you get 2,500 calories a day you won't become morbidly obese, no matter how little exercise you do.

Also, who's to say they didn't weigh that much going in? Maybe they lost weight. There's no way of knowing

True, though how easy would it be for a guy weighing 400 pounds to commit those terrible crimes?
Maybe low self-esteem issues drove him to it.

As for his diet, maybe he had a slow metabolism.