November 18, 2018, 09:20:44 AM

Author Topic: Overwatch anyone?  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Jmessler

• Adventurer
Overwatch anyone?
« on: April 11, 2017, 07:22:27 PM »
Sitting around 2300 right now.  Highest rank was 2719.  Looking for people that are ranked mid gold (2300) to Diamond (3000+).  I usually only play ranked games and would like to find people that are on frequently that I can queue up with.  Playing on the Korean server.  IGN: 제임스#32623
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 07:24:17 PM by Jmessler »
Reality is an illusion which occurs due to the lack of alcohol.

Offline moonskie

• Waygookin
Re: Overwatch anyone?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 12:45:21 AM »
Nope, just league of legends. I haven't browsed for any threads on it so far so I'm hyped to see online games being mentioned. My boyfriend and I have lately been spending all our weekends in PC rooms. We've only been here for 5 months but once we discovered the rooms, we've been hooked. My Mac is not good for gaming and LOL Korean server works only on windows so I had to partition my drive and the resultion is messed up, it's just a whole mess. Hope you find people to play with!

Offline Jmessler

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 08:08:39 AM »
Nope, just league of legends. I haven't browsed for any threads on it so far so I'm hyped to see online games being mentioned. My boyfriend and I have lately been spending all our weekends in PC rooms. We've only been here for 5 months but once we discovered the rooms, we've been hooked. My Mac is not good for gaming and LOL Korean server works only on windows so I had to partition my drive and the resultion is messed up, it's just a whole mess. Hope you find people to play with!

Hey moonskie!  I play LoL as well but these days I have been more hooked to overwatch but I do still play a few times a week.  Currently sitting at mid silver.  Usually I am at a low gold rank.  Korean server IGN: killer smurf

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 08:33:07 AM »
Why would you play on the Asian servers? :o They are filled with hackers and cheaters, that's why America's servers are full with Korean players - at least, that's what a lot of them have been saying.
I haven't played OW in a couple weeks, but with the new event I'll be firing it up again.
I was a 2504 plat S3. :P

I'm not taking comp as seriously as I did in S3 and S2, so I'm probably not the best person to play with atm anyway :P

Offline Jmessler

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 06:04:17 PM »
Why would you play on the Asian servers? :o They are filled with hackers and cheaters, that's why America's servers are full with Korean players - at least, that's what a lot of them have been saying.
I haven't played OW in a couple weeks, but with the new event I'll be firing it up again.

I'm not taking comp as seriously as I did in S3 and S2, so I'm probably not the best person to play with atm anyway :P

I play on the KR server to avoid latency :)

Offline lazerbullet

• Veteran
  • Welcome to ghost time
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 10:06:16 PM »
Hi /u/TheMessMan :) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 08:49:18 AM »

Are you really having issues with latency using the American servers though? I play on America's from Korea, and I still get better latency than my NZ / Aus friends. :P
I've never had latency issues in my time here. :P
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 09:00:36 AM by Kayos »

Offline Jmessler

• Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 10:27:20 AM »

Are you really having issues with latency using the American servers though? I play on America's from Korea, and I still get better latency than my NZ / Aus friends. :P

I honestly never tried playing on NA servers.  Just figured it would be high latency.  I'll give it a try though.

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 10:37:43 AM »

I honestly never tried playing on NA servers.  Just figured it would be high latency.  I'll give it a try though.

Honestly, it hasn't been bad. Back in NZ I get 300 - 400ms in online games (unless they have an oceanic server, which most online games I play, don't) - I get about 80 - 130ms from Korea.

Offline Tannerbear8894

• Newgookin
  • Newbie in the field!
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 08:35:18 AM »
Not sure if this Thread is dead or not, but I'm usually around 2900-3100 rank and play most characters except some heals. HMU at DINKL3B3RG#1790