December 12, 2018, 02:04:32 PM

Author Topic: Moana Camp  (Read 14252 times)

Online hazelgaze028

• Waygookin
Re: Moana Camp
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2018, 03:03:33 PM »
Yes~ I can put it up. I got it from waygook so I feel like it's only fair to add it back anyway..
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wnDzjF2-Z8S6XyE8nhKXnJuCw2ChWSkO

Thank you so much! I didn't notice you posted this or else I would have replied sooner. I see the two files - I presume one booklet and one movie, but this school computer doesn't have the programs on it to open either. I've been thinking about Moana for camp all week and am excited to take a look at this on a better computer!

Online metzy244

• Veteran
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2018, 04:39:14 PM »
The movie is only 4kb...needs to be reuploaded

Online hazelgaze028

• Waygookin
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2018, 08:54:07 PM »
Yes~ I can put it up. I got it from waygook so I feel like it's only fair to add it back anyway..
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wnDzjF2-Z8S6XyE8nhKXnJuCw2ChWSkO

Thank you so much! I didn't notice you posted this or else I would have replied sooner. I see the two files - I presume one booklet and one movie, but this school computer doesn't have the programs on it to open either. I've been thinking about Moana for camp all week and am excited to take a look at this on a better computer!

Turns out I've run into the same trouble on my macbook at home. Would you mind rei-loading them? Is one supposed to be the OP's booklet, and one the movie? bc they both read as blu-ray files.

Offline WakandaForever

• Waygookin
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2018, 08:17:45 AM »
Moana is on Netflix if anyone is looking for it. You can use the Korean or English subtitle option on there as well.

Offline kimchistud

• Waygookin
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2018, 01:02:48 PM »
Does the Google Link posted here contain any teaching materials? Mine only downloaded a subtitle file.

Online rufus947

• Veteran
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2018, 01:05:09 PM »
It looks like a lot of files got deleted from the original poster. But if you're interested in this kind of island theme you could check out the survival camp. There are a lot of island based activities there. Although you'd probably have to brighten them up to fit the moana theme :).

Online orange6ur1

• Adventurer
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2018, 01:31:45 PM »
Does the Google Link posted here contain any teaching materials? Mine only downloaded a subtitle file.

ahhh so it looks like the movie i posted got flagged so I can't reupload it..sorry..honestly seems like getting netflix for a month seems like the best and most reliable idea.

I have no materials, it was just the movie i grabbed, not anything else~
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 03:08:27 PM by orange6ur1 »

Online hazelgaze028

• Waygookin
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2018, 01:50:45 PM »
This went over fairly well with my 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grade camps. They seemed to respond well to the games.

I also made a save the island ppt for the students for some extra time killer game. The activity takes maybe 10 minutes max, and I used it as another way to promote the learning of vocab and plotline of the movie. The hearts are the points system I used, and the pictures are for the acting part of the ppt. As for the magick bucket, all you need is a box or a bucket that you put an object in and they feel to see what it is. I used aloe pieces.

Can anyone help me with this Island game? The slides aren't looped right. Anytime I click the coconut from a question slide to go back to the game board, it takes me back to slide 6 and not 7, and doesn't flip the previous choice. So there is no progress because all the boards continue to stay grey. I don't have the ppt savvy for this but I'd love to learn. Please help a lame-o out and let's see if we can get this game working. It looks fun, good for a time filler or otherwise.

Online rufus947

• Veteran
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2018, 03:41:13 PM »
hi, i think i fixed the links but with my method the grey squares still remain. I don't know how to make them disappear. Also some slides don't seem to have a question. There's also one extra slide (the one with a fishhook). Hope this helps though :)

Offline kimchistud

• Waygookin
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2018, 02:15:50 PM »
Has anyone made the sand pudding cups before and wouldn't mind sharing the recipe?

Offline debbiem89

• Veteran
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2018, 09:13:53 AM »
Whelp.

I have a Saturday class (3 hours and 6 days in all!) that is using the Moana book with fourth graders. I wanted to put some cool activities etc in.

Anyone used the OP camp and be willing to share?

Or has anyone done their own Moana camp and be willing to share?

Since I have to mostly focus on the book I'll just be taking bits and pieces.

Online annataleen

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Super Waygook
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2018, 10:59:09 AM »
Whelp.

I have a Saturday class (3 hours and 6 days in all!) that is using the Moana book with fourth graders. I wanted to put some cool activities etc in.

Anyone used the OP camp and be willing to share?

Or has anyone done their own Moana camp and be willing to share?

Since I have to mostly focus on the book I'll just be taking bits and pieces.
Here is the stuff I have. It is a lot, so I will put in different posts. The PPTs are ones I got from this thread.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 11:12:34 AM by annataleen »

Online annataleen

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Super Waygook
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2018, 11:11:36 AM »
More

Online annataleen

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Super Waygook
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2018, 12:48:41 PM »
Here is the link for the PPTs we used. They are too big to be posted on here. You will need to double check them because they were made by my coteacher and I haven't looked at them in a long time.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1j56D7QTW6tvwBHMIJHJ3tOdeGXTapina

Offline debbiem89

• Veteran
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2018, 02:56:27 PM »
Ahh thanks so much guys :)

Didn't expect so many replies so quickly!

This is all great and It'll help me a ton :)

Online hazelgaze028

• Waygookin
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2018, 03:12:59 PM »
I did this camp last summer, I'll be doing it again with different students this winter. Here's the view-only google drive link of all the things I put together from this thread and edited. Please let me know about bugs and things that need fixing.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sgU3hX9t_sRX-t6q1mrucSbnoioqWTEX