March 22, 2019, 01:30:26 AM

Author Topic: Moana Camp  (Read 15213 times)

Offline hloper2008

• Waygookin
Moana Camp
« on: March 16, 2017, 02:18:15 PM »
Ok let me try again haha. So I really really love to do movie camps for my English Camps.  I mean I already feel really sorry that the kids have to come to school during vacation and I want to do something fun!  I have the same group of students ranging from 3rd to 6th grade for about four hours straight so I like to have things that will carry over into the next lesson periods.  I also like an overall theme for my camps because it just helps the students by knowing what we are doing and what I expect of them each day.  Anyway, here are some of my materials.  If the moderator approves this post, then I'll add more.  Oh yeah, I made the booklet using Word 2016 so if you use another version you may have some editing to do.  I think it runs all the Korean together.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 01:26:10 PM by hloper2008 »

Offline xenal

• Adventurer
Re: Moana Camp
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 12:15:42 PM »
Wow~ This looks great! It looks like you put a lot of effort into this.  ;D  Thanks for sharing!

Offline TheDeek

• Explorer
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 02:15:47 PM »
This looks amazing. Just wanted to say how much i appreciate the work you put into it. I was wondering how much of the movie you watch each day.

Offline drobinson11

• Waygookin
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 01:00:36 PM »
Thanks for sharing! Looks great  ;D

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 02:43:28 PM »
This looks amazing. Just wanted to say how much i appreciate the work you put into it. I was wondering how much of the movie you watch each day.

I can't speak for the OP but generally take how long the movie is and divide it by how many days you have. so if the movie is around 90 minutes long and you have the kids for 5 days around 20 minutes of the movie each day should be fine.

personally i would spend the last 20 minutes each day watching it. will encourage kids to stay until the end of the day instead of just pissing off halfway through, and my kids are usually dead for the last 20-30 mins of camp anyway.

Offline TheDeek

• Explorer
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 10:43:20 AM »
Awesome! Thanks so much for the responses, guys. Again, this is great stuff...really appreciate it!

Offline nzer-in-gyeongnam

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • Expert Waygook
  • "abnosome" ~ "abnormal in an awesome way."
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 01:17:42 PM »
The workbook is phenomenal! Did you have a co-teacher assist with the Korean? I really like the way you've broken the phrases down and given speaking practice points and explanations for each phrase you want to focus on.

I am downloading your files for future use (I will be using Moana for middle schoolers this Summer) as I collect camps for use in the future and for ideas too.

I notice you've got Winter Camp 2018 on this... do you prepare your things that far in advance? Or are you just writing that in for others to use later?
"It's better to have tried and failed, than never to have tried at all!"
Teach this to your students... they'll thank you for it later!

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • Expert Waygook
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 01:21:38 PM »
OP... Not sure if its just my computer or in general, but the link to onedrive is not opening, and timing out instead. Do you have googledrive? Its usually more reliable to share with.

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • Expert Waygook
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 02:27:16 PM »
The workbook is phenomenal! Did you have a co-teacher assist with the Korean? I really like the way you've broken the phrases down and given speaking practice points and explanations for each phrase you want to focus on.

I am downloading your files for future use (I will be using Moana for middle schoolers this Summer) as I collect camps for use in the future and for ideas too.

I notice you've got Winter Camp 2018 on this... do you prepare your things that far in advance? Or are you just writing that in for others to use later?

I get bored really easily now that I've been here a year and I find it fun to work on English camps.  I know, I'm weird.  Anyway, I created a Zootopia book too and posted it on another thread.  The booklet outline is from the Inside Out camp thread.  I took the outline and adjusted it/added different things.  Also I really can't take credit for the expressions.  If you look in any bookstore or online there are English Conversation books for many movies.  Just type in Moana 영어회화 into Gmarket and there are the books I use.  They have these for so many Disney books!  Anyway I just looked through these books and picked the key expressions I want to focus on for my level of students.  You should buy the book and then pick the level that's best for your students.  It's not illegal to use the materials for educational purpose so as long as you only use the booklets for your school and not for a profit you should be fine.  I'm also working on The Good Dinosaur camp so keep an eye out for that too. 

I don't have google drive, but I'll try to upload them in a little while.

Well you're doing a great job that's for sure! I've been making workbooks for the last 4 years for books for middle schoolers. You can find a couple of them on this site too.

I will definitely check out the disney stuff online as it can be useful always. I have a lot of materials already to base camps on, and to work with but am always on the lookout for awesome work. I've been working in Korea for 8 years+ now and can whack out a workbook in a few days... IF I really had the motivation to make them, I would be making camp stuff all the time, but I've lost the drive recently... a lot of my students change their interests much too fast for me to prepare too much in advance. Middle schoolers... that can be a problem as far as prep goes, so I try to keep on top of their likes and dislikes and prepare as needed when needed.

Looks like the googledrive link works well. Thanks for that!

Offline kobayashi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2017, 03:02:35 PM »
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8G22agn_SzZSzBIblFjVFg1cjg?usp=sharing

Let me know if this link doesn't work.

link is working fine for me, thanks for sharing!  8)

your onedrive link is also working for me. if anyone is having problems with that make sure that any adblock extensions you have are turned off for that page. adblock can often cause problems/interfere with certain things.

Offline ESL6

• Waygookin
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2017, 10:00:14 AM »
Thank you so much for this

Offline annataleen

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Super Waygook
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2017, 01:52:34 PM »
Thanks for posting this camp! I wanted to do Moana for my summer camp, but my school's break time is short and I am going home in the summer, so there isn't time to do a Moana camp. I am going to save it for winter. These materials are great!

I also want to say, I am the OP of the Inside Out camp, but I can't take credit for the booklet ... I made it from the Lego Movie camp!

So, whomever made the Lego Movie camp, thank you for making such a good booklet.  :azn:

I almost can't wait until winter when I can do Moana camp! thanks again!

Offline ajr30

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2017, 02:37:45 PM »
FYI If you are trying to download everything and don't want duplicates, download everything from the Google Drive link + Moana Booklet (from first post) + Footprint paintings and Heart of Teh Fiki Necklace (from second post).  Those are the only 3 things missing from the GDrive post. Everything else is already there.

Offline Jaxicles

• Adventurer
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 09:35:02 AM »
I see the sand pudding calls for instant vanilla pudding?  Where can I get that?

Offline rapa55

• Explorer
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2017, 09:56:52 AM »
Hello, this is truly excellent stuff. I was wondering where everyone got the movie? I would love to do this, but where did you get the movie from?

Offline ESL6

• Waygookin
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2017, 11:29:02 AM »
Hello, this is truly excellent stuff. I was wondering where everyone got the movie? I would love to do this, but where did you get the movie from?

Offline Jaxicles

• Adventurer
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2017, 08:10:31 AM »
Ok, thanks! :)

Offline rapa55

• Explorer
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 11:13:48 AM »

I meant where did you find the movie in stores? What big chain had it, so I can save time in looking.

Offline xenal

• Adventurer
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2017, 02:56:13 PM »
Hey guys, instead of doing the clay necklaces, my co-teacher and I decided to order these DIY seashell necklaces (we had extra budget). They're very cute. You can buy them here. http://item.gmarket.co.kr/Item?goodscode=366855559

Offline kimchistud

• Waygookin
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2017, 02:29:47 PM »
I see the sand pudding calls for instant vanilla pudding?  Where can I get that?

I don't know where to pick some up in Korea.  I'm probably going to grab it when I go home for vacation this summer.  I would say maybe try to order some online?

You can also try making custard from scratch. It's so easy and better than the instant stuff. Here is an easy video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfDRIpXct9E This lasts for w few days so if you make it the day before your camp and take it to school the next day you should be golden.