April 22, 2018, 06:25:54 PM

Author Topic: Reese's pieces, Reese's peanut butter cups and Reese's mini cups!!  (Read 1645 times)

Offline KimDuHan

• Hero of Waygookistan
They are all available in Korea now! My local homeplus had all three versions. Reese's pieces was being sold in three different sizes. The regular cups were being sold in packs of 2 and 9. The mini cups were being sold in 1 lb bags too! Also the mini cups were 1+1!

Emart and lotte mart were selling the mini cups in 166 gram bags in 1+1 and 2+1

So rejoice and enjoy, itaewon days are closing and I'm glad.

3,000won in itaewon vs 990 won in home plus for two regular cups.

Offline maximmm

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: Reese's pieces, Reese's peanut butter cups and Reese's mini cups!!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 10:11:54 PM »
It's poison, man.  Stop making new threads about crappy reese's poison. 

Online KoreaBoo

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 11:12:49 PM »
I was sorta thinking it is somewhat sad, that one has to be a little simple minded if (s)he so excited about their personal candy that they are writing on the msg boards to declare its availability.

Offline KimDuHan

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 08:44:23 AM »
I was sorta thinking it is somewhat sad, that one has to be a little simple minded if (s)he so excited about their personal candy that they are writing on the msg boards to declare its availability.

Almost like a fake university lecturer that can't hold a job in their home country so they take out their anger on others. Also they don't hire hagwon teachers as they aren't up to their standard but post on forums crying about their wasted life.

Have a peanut butter cup and enjoy life. Reese's are the best!

Online KoreaBoo

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 08:55:47 AM »

Almost like a fake university lecturer that can't hold a job in their home country so they take out their anger on others. Also they don't hire hagwon teachers as they aren't up to their standard but post on forums crying about their wasted life.

Have a peanut butter cup and enjoy life. Reese's are the best!

Please....tell me more about what you know about me.

Offline Schellib39

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 09:06:54 AM »
Please....tell me more about what you know about me.

One, your name on here is Koreaboo.:rolleyes: Two, you feel the need to get on waygook and make judgments about other people you likely have never met and know nothing about. Three, you get defensive when someone does the same thing right back at you.

That's what I know about you.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 09:22:34 AM by Schellib39 »

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 10:39:58 AM »
Love how posters rip on Korean food as a bunch of weeds then cite Reese's Cups and "normal" Doritos as fine eatin.

Reese's cups are trash. Peanut flavored glucose mash surrounded by not even plebian-level chocolate. Makes Chef Boyardee seem gourmet. Peasant food.

That being said, Reese's Pieces are splendid. Exquisite peanut butter filling surrounded by a decadent coating. Outpaces the M&M like an Arabian outpaces a nag. A fine addition to any gentleman's desk or lounge.

Offline TheEnergizer

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 10:33:11 AM »
Love how posters rip on Korean food as a bunch of weeds then cite Reese's Cups and "normal" Doritos as fine eatin.

Reese's cups are trash. Peanut flavored glucose mash surrounded by not even plebian-level chocolate. Makes Chef Boyardee seem gourmet. Peasant food.

That being said, Reese's Pieces are splendid. Exquisite peanut butter filling surrounded by a decadent coating. Outpaces the M&M like an Arabian outpaces a nag. A fine addition to any gentleman's desk or lounge.

Take it back now.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 12:08:09 PM »

Take it back now.

Absolutely not good sir. I stand by comments that Reese's Pieces are a gentleman's dessert with delights such that Tamora herself would have asked for seconds had they accompanied her pie.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 12:25:50 PM »
Better yet, make your own. Tastes 10x better and it's about 100x more fattening.

Online yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 01:44:57 PM »
Better yet, make your own. Tastes 10x better and it's about 100x more fattening.

I made a Reese's pie using truffle chocolate and crushed biscoff cookies for the crust.  Homemade is the way to go!

Offline KimDuHan

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 04:07:25 PM »

Which chocolate and peanut butter would you recommend as the majority of chocolate and peanut butter is made with the same ingredients found in Reese's and Hershey products.

I'll stick with Reese's and enjoy the delicious goodness which is also sold at my local 7-11 too now. The peanut butter cups are imported from the USA and Canada so they are the real deal not the Korean version.

Online Chinguetti

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2017, 08:31:39 AM »
@ yirj17: Nice, I'll have to try that now, I've only ever made candies.

Which chocolate and peanut butter would you recommend as the majority of chocolate and peanut butter is made with the same ingredients found in Reese's and Hershey products.

I'll stick with Reese's and enjoy the delicious goodness which is also sold at my local 7-11 too now. The peanut butter cups are imported from the USA and Canada so they are the real deal not the Korean version.

I use Jif, which is currently being sold in the foreign food section in HomePlus, but I've seen it around in other shops, too. Kind of random, but it's floating around in Korea. Skippy and Peter Pan is pretty much in every largish grocery store I've been in so far (they keep this stuff with the bread and Nutella).

As for chocolate, I'm not too picky about this since it just gets melted and has peanut butter mixed in anyway. I prefer to use any dark chocolate bar, but yirj17 reports that truffles are good, too.

Anyway, enjoy the Reese's while you can. xD

Learn new things. Meet new people. Be inspired.
The 2018 KOTESOL National Conference. Crossing Borders: Korean ELT in the Modern World. May 12 Kangnam University, Yongin
koreatesol.org/nc2018