September 23, 2018, 04:07:14 PM

Author Topic: When will Trump be impeached?  (Read 162677 times)

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
Re: When will Trump be impeached?
« Reply #980 on: August 25, 2017, 12:55:24 PM »
If it comes to it, will he or won't he?

Why Donald Trump's plans to pardon sheriff Joe Arpaio are so troubling

On Tuesday night, Donald Trump all but promised he would pardon disgraced Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio, who was convicted of criminal contempt three weeks ago. “I won’t do it tonight,” he said. “But Sheriff Joe can feel good.” CNN is now reporting the White House has prepared the paperwork for Trump’s signature.

As many have warned, pardoning Arpaio – famous for racially profiling Latinos in Maricopa County – would be an endorsement of racism. There’s another reason the possibility of a pardon should trouble us: it reflects Trump’s deep disdain for the judiciary and its role in our system of checks and balances.

For years, Arpaio pursued a discriminatory policy of stopping and holding people for whom there was no reasonable suspicion of criminal activity. A federal court ordered him to stop in 2011, but he continued to detain people unlawfully for another 17 months.

Last month, a different federal judge found Arpaio guilty of willfully defying the court order – a criminal charge that was fairly easy to establish, given that Arpaio repeatedly bragged to national media outlets: “I’m not going to give it up” and “nothing has changed.” In short, Arpaio’s disregard for the law and the court’s order was flagrant and sustained.

Disdain for judicial oversight, however, is central to Trump’s approach to public life. In 2016, Trump used race to question the impartiality of US district Judge Gonzalo Curiel, who had ruled against him in lawsuits brought by customers claiming they paid thousands for worthless Trump University courses.

Arpaio approached his job like he was untouchable. He violated people’s constitutional rights and flagrantly defied a federal court order meant to protect them. Given his disdain for restraints on his own power, Trump might find those actions admirable. But for anyone committed to accountability for government officials and a healthy democracy, the prospect of a pardon should be deeply disturbing.

Trump University courses?

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #981 on: August 25, 2017, 01:27:02 PM »
BTW, what you call the "Russian thing" is quite different from the birther rumor that trump continued to spread all evidence to the contrary. trump's folks did meet with the russkis, have financial ties to them and the dems were hacked to help trumpy. There's also further evidence.

Yes, some of Trump's people met with Russians. Everyone meets with Russians. You look into everyone's record in Washington and you're going to find links to Russians. It's because of Russia being a major security player and them also investing, trading, and building. That's why Claire McCaskill ripped Sessions for forgetting he met with the Russians and said she never met any Russians before people on twitter helped remind her that she had tweeted about meeting with the Russians. Lawmakers and famous people meet dozens of people a day and are going to forget 95% of them. It's the nature of the work.

Everyone has financial ties to the Russians. Same with the Chinese, Japanese, Mexico, the U.K., Saudi Arabia, UAE, etc. etc. It's called the global economy, joint ventures, multinationals, and so on. Everyone has financial ties to everyone.

The DNC hack case is weak at best. All of it is based on a single report by a private company- CrowdStrike. The DNC has refused to hand over its servers to the FBI. There's also a recent story in The Nation (about as far as you can get from a pro-Trump/Republican publication) that seriously calls into question the DNC hack claim. 

There's a reason Van Jones called it a NothingBurger. It's the left's BENGHAZI!!!!! or EMAILS!!!!!! It's great meat for the base, but it's never really going to amount to anything. You might get someone like a Manafort or a Flynn tossed in prison for a couple years ala Sandy Berger for Clinton or Scooter Libby for Bush, but nothing real.

Online gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #982 on: August 25, 2017, 02:39:31 PM »
BTW, what you call the "Russian thing" is quite different from the birther rumor that trump continued to spread all evidence to the contrary. trump's folks did meet with the russkis, have financial ties to them and the dems were hacked to help trumpy. There's also further evidence.
Everyone meets with Russians.
Everyone has financial ties to the Russians.
I've never met with or had financial dealings with Russians!!! Maybe you have?!?

Regarding McCaskill, she attended an event honoring former Democratic Rep. James Symington, who hails from her state of Missouri. Yes, russians were there, but she did not attend a prearranged meeting with them as trumpy's minions did nor do more than exchange perfunctory greetings.
FAKE NEWS!!!

As for Crowdstrike, its main man, Dmitri Alperovitch, tracks down 15,000 hacks a year – which is why the Democratic National Committee asked him to investigate its email breach.
NICE SMEAR of a very good company!!!

Russian intelligence agents hacked a US voting systems manufacturer in the weeks leading up to last year’s presidential election, according to the Intercept, citing what it said was a highly classified National Security Agency (NSA) report.

The revelation coincided with the arrest of Reality Leigh Winner, 25, a federal contractor from Augusta, Georgia, who was charged with removing classified material from a government facility and mailing it to a news outlet.

The hacking of senior Democrats’ email accounts during the campaign has been well chronicled, but vote-counting was thought to have been unaffected, despite concerted Russian efforts to penetrate it.

Russian military intelligence carried out a cyber-attack on at least one US voting software supplier and sent spear-phishing emails to more than a hundred local election officials days before the poll, the Intercept reported on Monday.
RUSSIAN HACKING!!!

Online gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #983 on: August 25, 2017, 03:58:32 PM »
“He’s not my staffer. He no longer works for me. And when he was arrested, I terminated him,” she said. “I kept him on the payroll during the time that he was not arrested and not charged with anything. And that was because, as I said, that I was concerned about the violation of his due process rights and also that there were racial and ethnic profiling concerns as well.”
If you buy her explanation, I've got a bridge to sell you.
I thought it was innocent until proven guilty. There's a whole passel of former trumpy staffers who wished he'd shown them that kind of loyalty.

Considering you've bought into trumpy's now more than 1000 lies, I'm ready to sell you every bridge over the Han. Plus, just for you, I'm having a half-off sale on clearance conspiracy theories.

Mueller and his grand juries are coming for your boy. Your red herrings aren't going to throw them off the scent.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #984 on: August 25, 2017, 04:44:43 PM »
I've never met with or had financial dealings with Russians!!! Maybe you have?!?
Yes, that everyone was meant literally.  :rolleyes:

Regarding McCaskill, she attended an event honoring former Democratic Rep. James Symington, who hails from her state of Missouri. Yes, russians were there, but she did not attend a prearranged meeting with them as trumpy's minions did nor do more than exchange perfunctory greetings.
FAKE NEWS!!!

http://www.businessinsider.com/claire-mccaskill-tweets-contradictory-statements-about-russian-ambassador-meetings-2017-3

More than just one incident. Woops.

However, unlike the unhinged left, I know enough to know that Senators meet with people all the time and they usually forget stuff. Simply meeting with someone from Russia doesn't mean they're up to no good.

As for Crowdstrike, its main man, Dmitri Alperovitch, tracks down 15,000 hacks a year – which is why the Democratic National Committee asked him to investigate its email breach.

You're ignoring the point that they serve as the entire basis for the Russian hacking claims and that the DNC has refused to turn over its servers to the FBI. What are they hiding?

I thought it was innocent until proven guilty. There's a whole passel of former trumpy staffers who wished he'd shown them that kind of loyalty.

You're ignoring her attempts to pressure D.C. police over the investigation and demanding they let her remove evidence into a criminal investigation.

Maybe if you didn't just get your news from MSM sources you'd realize how much trouble she's in.

Online gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #985 on: August 25, 2017, 05:44:57 PM »
Yes, that everyone was meant literally.  :rolleyes:

FAKE NEWS!!!

http://www.businessinsider.com/claire-mccaskill-tweets-contradictory-statements-about-russian-ambassador-meetings-2017-3

More than just one incident. Woops.

However, unlike the unhinged left, I know enough to know that Senators meet with people all the time and they usually forget stuff. Simply meeting with someone from Russia doesn't mean they're up to no good.

You're ignoring the point that they serve as the entire basis for the Russian hacking claims and that the DNC has refused to turn over its servers to the FBI. What are they hiding?

You're ignoring her attempts to pressure D.C. police over the investigation and demanding they let her remove evidence into a criminal investigation.

Maybe if you didn't just get your news from MSM sources you'd realize how much trouble she's in.
McCaskill never met one on one with russian representatives. More false equivalencies from the alt-right.

Not ignoring anything about Wasserman-Schultz and am supporting Tim Canova's bid for her seat.

BUT, BUT, BUT that's all beside the point--trump's complicity in russian hacking and a rigged election. Try and blame it on the media, but the media isn't in bed with the russkis. 

Not to mention white supremacists, neo-nazis and racists.

BAD PEOPLE, VERY BAD PEOPLE!!!

Offline Aurata

• Expert Waygook
  • Je regrette rien
« Reply #986 on: August 25, 2017, 09:23:47 PM »
Finally, I made my decisions about W. Bush and Obama based on their policies and their leadership skills, and not based on non-issues like the “IQ” or “birther” topics.  I will use the same criteria when making my final decision about Trump.

Look, there's not much difference between Bush, Obama or Trump.

They all became puppets of the oligarchy.

So judging them on "personality" is irrelevant. Trump is over. His only way to survive now is to agree to be the war president that the security-military complex want.

BUT, BUT, BUT that's all beside the point--trump's complicity in russian hacking and a rigged election. Try and blame it on the media, but the media isn't in bed with the russkis.

Calm down. You'll give yourself a nosebleed

Talking to Russians is not a crime....its a normal part of the job.

The MSM has crafted a false narrative that meeting with russians is illegal, that it amounts to treason. If that is true then better arrest the hundreds of thousands of americans who visited Russia in 2016.

Do you have any idea how adolescent and demented americans look with all your hysterical anti-russia stupidity?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 09:28:37 PM by Aurata »
Imagine your Korea...

Online gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #987 on: August 25, 2017, 09:51:17 PM »
Finally, I made my decisions about W. Bush and Obama based on their policies and their leadership skills, and not based on non-issues like the “IQ” or “birther” topics.  I will use the same criteria when making my final decision about Trump.

Look, there's not much difference between Bush, Obama or Trump.

They all became puppets of the oligarchy.

So judging them on "personality" is irrelevant. Trump is over. His only way to survive now is to agree to be the war president that the security-military complex want.

Calm down. You'll give yourself a nosebleed

Talking to Russians is not a crime....its a normal part of the job.

The MSM has crafted a false narrative that meeting with russians is illegal, that it amounts to treason. If that is true then better arrest the hundreds of thousands of americans who visited Russia in 2016.

Do you have any idea how adolescent and demented americans look with all your hysterical anti-russia stupidity?
Right, and Putin doesn't have people murdered and stalin was a great humanist who grieved every single one of the 20 million deaths he was responsible for.

As for demented and adolescent, that's the "look" you wake up to every morning.

But since you're here, what's your favorite russian vodka? How does it compare to grey goose? And any caviar recommendations?

Offline Aurata

• Expert Waygook
  • Je regrette rien
« Reply #988 on: August 26, 2017, 04:30:20 PM »

Stop posting your stupid videos to stupid msm propaganda sources.

If you have a rational argument then learn to articulate it.
Imagine your Korea...

Online gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #989 on: August 26, 2017, 05:30:16 PM »

Stop posting your stupid videos to stupid msm propaganda sources.

If you have a rational argument then learn to articulate it
You first, errata.

Offline maximmm

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #990 on: August 26, 2017, 05:38:29 PM »
I propose a waygook meetup.  The Putin peeps, the Trump peeps and the Clinton peeps should all meet up and have a massive brawl until there is only one group left standing. 

Meanwhile, I'll organize a betting pool on the side for the bystanders - and perhaps do a payperview stream on the web.  Any profit I make will be used for the hospital bills of the broken ones.  Personally, I'm betting on the Clinton peeps winning - there are just way more of them here. 

Online gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #991 on: August 26, 2017, 07:02:47 PM »
trumpy's approval rating is now down to 34%.

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #992 on: August 26, 2017, 07:47:32 PM »

Still time left for Trump to try and pardon himself.

Offline Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #993 on: August 27, 2017, 09:32:24 AM »
The Putin peeps, the Trump peeps and the Clinton peeps should all meet up and have a massive brawl until there is only one group left standing.

But the Putin fans and Trump fans are the same team. Also, those alt-right posters on here are mostly middle aged and out of shape so I doubt they're itching for a fist fight.

We're not young anymore; we're mature college grads. Getting a criminal record isn't worth it.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #994 on: August 28, 2017, 07:40:18 AM »
Joe Arpaio

This is hardly an ordinary exercise of the power to pardon, granted to the president under the terms of the constitution. The constitution gives the president the power to pardon to serve the interests of justice and mercy – to correct cases in which federal courts have acted with unwarranted severity. This is the principle that informs the practice.

In pardoning Arpaio, Trump has acted in contempt of this principle. Arpaio, the self-styled “toughest sheriff” in America, systematically abused his powers during his two decades in office before being voted out last November. Most notoriously, Arpaio commanded his police to detain people solely on the suspicion that they were illegal immigrants, even in cases where the “suspects” had violated no state law. This amounted to a blanket invitation to terrorize the domestic population through egregious practices of racial-profiling.

In 2011, a federal district court judge, a Republican appointee, ordered Arpaio to stop a practice that constituted a flagrant violation of constitutional rights. Rather than submit to the federal court order, Arpaio acted in open defiance, placing himself above the federal judiciary and the rule of law. Last month, he was properly convicted of criminal contempt for his defiance. He faced a maximum of six months in jail, but all that is now moot thanks to the president’s pardon.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/26/why-donald-trump-pardoned-joe-arpaio-arizona

In Arpaio’s 24-year tenure as sheriff of Maricopa county, he gained notoriety for detaining hundreds of undocumented immigrants in a Tent City jail and forcing them to wear pink underwear. The sheriff courted controversy and media attention – calling his own jail a “concentration camp”, serving inmates just two meals a day and selling replica pink underwear to the public – as he became a national figurehead for the virulent xenophobia Trump embraced in his presidential campaign.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/25/donald-trump-joe-arpaio-pardon-arizona-sheriff

Are we at all surprised by anything Trump does now?  My only worry is that his popularity will go so low, he'll have to start a war to get his popularity up.  Worked for GWB.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #995 on: August 28, 2017, 09:27:12 AM »

As long as the Democrats in Congress have lower approvals, Trump isn't going anywhere. The Dems can run up their margins in California and New York and other liberal enclaves, but if Trump is still ahead of the Democrat in light-red and swing counties around the country, he wins.

You don't have to run faster than the bear. You just have to run faster than the other guy.

Online gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #996 on: August 28, 2017, 09:41:45 AM »
Tillerson is the latest to distance himself from trump, saying donnie speaks only for himself on values. Word has it that he's only waiting for a reasonable time to pass before resigning.

Mattis and Cohn are two others. trumpy is supposedly raging after Cohn admitted to almost resigning after trumpy's words on Charlottesville.

And, take it for what it's worth, but some are comparing trump to Daniel Ortega and saying donnie might not leave the WH after his term expires.

The Caine Mutiny (1954)
Captain Queeg: Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't of pulled the Caine out of action. I, I, I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officers...

Sound familiar?

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #997 on: August 28, 2017, 04:27:54 PM »
When even a Texas oilman knows you're a racist conman, it might be time to change your tune.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #998 on: August 28, 2017, 04:50:57 PM »

As long as the Democrats in Congress have lower approvals, Trump isn't going anywhere. The Dems can run up their margins in California and New York and other liberal enclaves, but if Trump is still ahead of the Democrat in light-red and swing counties around the country, he wins.

You don't have to run faster than the bear. You just have to run faster than the other guy.

I like how instead of criticizing the guy who this thread is about, you're like BUT THE DEMS. Trump is doing a bad job, and it's not productive to hope that people hate one party more than someone is objectively not doing a great job. It blows my mind that Republicans can control congress and people will still blame Democrats for everything.

Offline Aurata

• Expert Waygook
  • Je regrette rien
« Reply #999 on: August 28, 2017, 10:16:37 PM »
The Putin peeps, the Trump peeps

Where are the other "Putin peeps"? exactly.

There's only me.

Gotta luv how the libs exaggerate the number of the opposition.

In any case I'm not a "Putin Peep", I'm a truth and facts peep.
Imagine your Korea...