November 20, 2018, 01:30:46 PM

Author Topic: When will Trump be impeached?  (Read 182799 times)

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
Re: When will Trump be impeached?
« Reply #980 on: September 16, 2017, 07:50:55 PM »
If the elites remove Trump or take him out, there's going to be hell to pay.  The military would have to take over to stop the riots.  Why does Trump have this strong loyal following?  It's not because of identity politics and fake racism charges or other ridiculous nonsense.  It's the promise to drain the swamp and bring back the jobs.  This is coming from me a former Democrat and current Independent.  (I'm no fan of Paul Ryan or Mitch McConnell either and their good old boys club.)  This Michael Moore video even if quoted out of context sums up most people that voted for him, including myself.  (I voted for Obama in 2012.)  Very few supporters are actually racist and if you want to tar and feather most supporters, you'll never bring us back to the Democratic party but will only push us further away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxDRqeuLNag
You voted for trumpy? How can you look at yourself in the mirror?

A slumlord draining the swamp? Hey, you wanna buy a bridge, or two?

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #981 on: September 16, 2017, 07:55:27 PM »
repugnicans need to put down the remote.

The Democratic Coalition, a group that filed an ethics complaint against Sarah Huckabee Sanders Thursday for essentially calling for ESPN host Jemele Hill to be fired, has filed a second grievance with the Office of Government Ethics Friday after the White House press secretary doubled down on her earlier comments.

Online hangook77

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #982 on: September 16, 2017, 09:22:27 PM »
If the elites remove Trump or take him out, there's going to be hell to pay.  The military would have to take over to stop the riots.  Why does Trump have this strong loyal following?  It's not because of identity politics and fake racism charges or other ridiculous nonsense.  It's the promise to drain the swamp and bring back the jobs.  This is coming from me a former Democrat and current Independent.  (I'm no fan of Paul Ryan or Mitch McConnell either and their good old boys club.)  This Michael Moore video even if quoted out of context sums up most people that voted for him, including myself.  (I voted for Obama in 2012.)  Very few supporters are actually racist and if you want to tar and feather most supporters, you'll never bring us back to the Democratic party but will only push us further away.

Hillary?  Really?  The Clintons are greasy.  I may have reconsidered if the Democrats weren't so into both the Clintons and identity politics.  Get back to being the party of working class people and I may come back.  My family may come back.  As for the Republicans, I don't like a lot of them.  If Trump fights with them, that's fine by me.  I'd like him to work more with Democrats on working class issues.  As for Goldman Sacs, I don't like them, but the Dems and Repubs gave them trillions and bailed them out.  So, no one really has the right to lecture anyone else. 

We'll see if Trump does more or not.  It's still his first year.  If folks quit trying to obstruct him, we'll see if he does something on Nafta and draining the swamp.  Hillary accepted Wall Street's money.  Trump didn't.  She would have been their crooked shill.  If it doesn't work out, there's always 2020 and only if the Dems smarten up and knock off this PC BS and get back to working class issues.  Quit being a boutique party.  (I'd like to have a good job to go back to one day, cause it still sucks right now.) 

Offline Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #983 on: September 17, 2017, 03:19:17 AM »
http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/26/investing/donald-trump-wall-street/index.html

https://www.yahoo.com/news/visitor-logs-trumps-mar-lago-resort-remain-mystery-172721067--politics.html

The Clinton Foundation - a charity with open books and which passed required government and private scrutiny without the slightest glitch and from which they and their daughter did not received a penny - nor was there any evidence of any policy decision influenced by foreign contributions - was nevertheless to Republicans and Trump supporters some crime which like Benghazi they could never articulate. But Trump's private for profit businesses which were not supposed to benefit from his office and on which he promised transparency, no involvement AND an agreement for an accounting of and payment to the Treasury for certain revenues to the DC Hotel - are all now off limits while his children and son-in-law have intermixed themselves and their private businesses into the WH that was supposed to observe a clear line of separation. The hypocrisy of he and his supporters is enough to make you laugh - if it weren't so hard to laugh while gagging.

Online hangook77

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #984 on: September 17, 2017, 12:02:12 PM »
The Clintons and their crooked wall street buddies.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4F-MiQIGIU  What a bunch of creeps.  They get their own "justice" because they can buy influence with each other. 

Offline Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #985 on: September 17, 2017, 12:13:26 PM »
“I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,” Trump told New York Magazine for a 2002 profile of Epstein. “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

When FBI investigators looked through Epstein’s private address book, they found 14 different phone numbers for Trump, including numbers for his security guard and houseman. Epstein also had numbers for Trump’s daughter Ivanka and his ex-wife Ivana.

When put under oath, Epstein admitted that he had “socialized” with Trump. But Epstein chose to exercise his Fifth Amendment rights when asked: “Have you ever socialized with Donald Trump in the presence of females under the age of 18?”

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #986 on: September 17, 2017, 01:05:52 PM »

Hillary?  Really?  The Clintons are greasy.  I may have reconsidered if the Democrats weren't so into both the Clintons and identity politics.  Get back to being the party of working class people and I may come back.  My family may come back.  As for the Republicans, I don't like a lot of them.  If Trump fights with them, that's fine by me.  I'd like him to work more with Democrats on working class issues.  As for Goldman Sacs, I don't like them, but the Dems and Repubs gave them trillions and bailed them out.  So, no one really has the right to lecture anyone else. 

We'll see if Trump does more or not.  It's still his first year.  If folks quit trying to obstruct him, we'll see if he does something on Nafta and draining the swamp.  Hillary accepted Wall Street's money.  Trump didn't.  She would have been their crooked shill.  If it doesn't work out, there's always 2020 and only if the Dems smarten up and knock off this PC BS and get back to working class issues.  Quit being a boutique party.  (I'd like to have a good job to go back to one day, cause it still sucks right now.)
Gary Cohn, Steven Mnunchin (the guy who wanted the government to pay for his honeymoon isn't draining ant swamp BTW) both formerly of Goldman Sachs, top trumpy dudes.

Enuf said.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #987 on: September 18, 2017, 08:11:12 AM »
But behind the scenes, his far right social agenda is still on. Witness his tweet that churches should get FEMA funds. He probably forget they don't pay taxes.

Nothing says "far-right" like churches getting money to help hurricane victims.

Look, I'm against it as well, but the last thing I'd call such an idea is "far-right". If you think that's "far-right", you've completely bought into lefty propaganda as much as the right-wingers who think single-payer healthcare=Communism and Stalin.

The Trump=Hitler+American Ayatollah+Senile+Insane+Grifter+Madman+Media Personality are the ones with an incoherent, illogical world view with a few screws loose. I can believe one or two of those, but all of them? Not possible, yet that's what anti-Trumpers believe depending on the news story of the day.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #988 on: September 18, 2017, 09:22:46 AM »
But behind the scenes, his far right social agenda is still on. Witness his tweet that churches should get FEMA funds. He probably forget they don't pay taxes.

Nothing says "far-right" like churches getting money to help hurricane victims.

Look, I'm against it as well, but the last thing I'd call such an idea is "far-right". If you think that's "far-right", you've completely bought into lefty propaganda as much as the right-wingers who think single-payer healthcare=Communism and Stalin.

The Trump=Hitler+American Ayatollah+Senile+Insane+Grifter+Madman+Media Personality are the ones with an incoherent, illogical world view with a few screws loose. I can believe one or two of those, but all of them? Not possible, yet that's what anti-Trumpers believe depending on the news story of the day.
Fundamentalists aren't far-right? They shoot doctors who perform abortions, bomb abortion clinics, get their legislatures to roll back women's rights...

Trumpy is pandering to the evangelicals who are a big part of his base.

Trump's not a grifter? He's fooled you, huh?

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #989 on: September 18, 2017, 09:24:49 AM »
BTW, what flipped people?  This clip from the Young Turks 3 years back sums it up nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMuuaO-YLKE
What does the Ottoman Empire have to do with trumped up?

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #990 on: September 18, 2017, 09:47:45 AM »
Fundamentalists aren't far-right? They shoot doctors who perform abortions, bomb abortion clinics, get their legislatures to roll back women's rights...

The issue was churches asking for federal money to help hurricane victims. I don't think that qualifies as a "far-right" goal. Furthermore, this would presumably apply to churches of all denominations. For example, a predominantly Spanish-speaking Latino Catholic church could apply for this money as could a predominantly black AME congregation. Hardly Trump's base and hardly "far-right". In fact, mosques, synagogues, and Hindu temples could apply for such money to aid hurricane victims.

You do realize that 99.9% of churches do not support abortion bombings, right?

That's not what I said. You have poor reading comprehension. I said Trump could certainly be one or two of those things, of which grifter is one, but he cannot be ALL of them. He can't be a clever grifter and simultaneously suffering from dementia.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #991 on: September 18, 2017, 01:32:48 PM »

The issue was churches asking for federal money to help hurricane victims. I don't think that qualifies as a "far-right" goal. Furthermore, this would presumably apply to churches of all denominations. For example, a predominantly Spanish-speaking Latino Catholic church could apply for this money as could a predominantly black AME congregation. Hardly Trump's base and hardly "far-right". In fact, mosques, synagogues, and Hindu temples could apply for such money to aid hurricane victims.

You do realize that 99.9% of churches do not support abortion bombings, right?

That's not what I said. You have poor reading comprehension. I said Trump could certainly be one or two of those things, of which grifter is one, but he cannot be ALL of them. He can't be a clever grifter and simultaneously suffering from dementia.
The grifter got you. You really think federal money would have gone to any mosques?

You really think 99.9% of churches don't support abortion bombings? If so, you need to think again.

You may even believe trumped up was going to give one million dollars to hurricane Harvey support efforts.

"Presumably." What hogwash. 

This was nothing but a federal giveaway to trumped up's supporters.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #992 on: September 18, 2017, 03:23:04 PM »
The grifter got you. You really think federal money would have gone to any mosques?

I sure hope it would have. After all, it wouldn't have said "Christian churches only". Like I said, I'm against the idea of using federal funds to be given to ANY religious institution for use as disaster relief, but if such a law was to be enacted it would obviously be neutral in its application for what religious institutions get to use it.

You really think 99.9% of churches don't support abortion bombings? If so, you need to think again.

Really? There's churches everywhere having fiery sermons about abortion bombings? Many protest abortions, but to say that the overwhelming majority of aren't opposed to abortion bombings is like saying the overwhelming majority of mosques aren't opposed to ISIS.

You may even believe trumped up was going to give one million dollars to hurricane Harvey support efforts.

I don't know if he would or not. Presumably it would be like his other charitable donations and involve a long-winded and at times dubious process of money coming from his foundation. I didn't put much stock in it.

That's like saying money that goes to community organizations under Obama was nothing more than a federal giveaway. Yes, there is a political edge to it, but that money did come with oversight and went to good activities.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #993 on: September 18, 2017, 06:40:37 PM »

I sure hope it would have. In other words, probably not.

Really? There's churches everywhere having fiery sermons about abortion bombings? Many protest abortions, but to say that the overwhelming majority of aren't opposed to abortion bombings is like saying the overwhelming majority of mosques aren't opposed to ISIS.

It's nothing of the sort. You said 99.9%, now it's the overwhelming majority. Whats next, 51%? There are churches all over the US preaching that abortion is murder, that it's the devil's handiwork. They've got billboards on the highway, radio stations up and down the dial.

I don't know if he would or not. Presumably it would be like his other charitable donations and involve a long-winded and at times dubious process of money coming from his foundation. I didn't put much stock in it.

You just can't come out and admit it, can you? He was never going to give that money.

That's like saying money that goes to community organizations under Obama was nothing more than a federal giveaway. Yes, there is a political edge to it, but that money did come with oversight and went to good activities.
Another facile, boneheaded analogy. Anything to avoid the truth, right?

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #994 on: September 20, 2017, 07:35:05 AM »
The dominoes begin to fall:

Paul J. Manafort was in bed early one morning in July when federal agents bearing a search warrant picked the lock on his front door and raided his Virginia home. They took binders stuffed with documents and copied his computer files, looking for evidence that Mr. Manafort, President Trump’s former campaign chairman, set up secret offshore bank accounts. They even photographed the expensive suits in his closet.

The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, then followed the house search with a warning: His prosecutors told Mr. Manafort they planned to indict him, said two people close to the investigation.

So what are the odds on Manafort singing like a bird to stay out of prison?

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #995 on: September 20, 2017, 08:55:13 PM »
And all this science I don't understand
It's just my job five days a week

That sure sounds like trumped up. Maybe he's the real rocket man.

Offline Taal

• Veteran
« Reply #996 on: September 21, 2017, 12:02:49 AM »

Quote from: Gogators
It's nothing of the sort. You said 99.9%, now it's the overwhelming majority. Whats next, 51%? There are churches all over the US preaching that abortion is murder, that it's the devil's handiwork. They've got billboards on the highway, radio stations up and down the dial.

it really shouldn't need pointing out that.. just because Churches preach that abortion is wrong doesn't mean they support bombing abortion clinics

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #997 on: September 21, 2017, 07:40:34 AM »
It really shouldn't need pointing out that.. just because Churches preach that abortion is wrong doesn't mean they support bombing abortion clinics.
+1
Right. People need to learn to not judge an entire group by its fringe elements.
Although, I suspect that nobody actually believes that more than a tiny minority of churches would support this kind of violence. Those who say they do are probably just pushing an agenda.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #998 on: September 21, 2017, 10:59:58 AM »

Quote from: Gogators

it really shouldn't need pointing out that.. just because Churches preach that abortion is wrong doesn't mean they support bombing abortion clinics.
It doesn't mean they don't, either. But I should't have to point that out, right?

Offline Aurata

• Expert Waygook
  • Je regrette rien
« Reply #999 on: September 24, 2017, 12:49:49 AM »
Which is going to come first, hopefully Mueller getting Trump impeached, or Trump 'creating' a legacy by starting a ridiculous war with North Korea?  I can't imagine Trump would want people to think his tenancy was completely hopeless before the Mueller net draws in.  That, to me, is the most dangerous thing.

Ok, you can go ahead and impeach Trump now if you want.

He has become a frontman for the deep state...just like Obama did, Bush and everyone else after Reagan.

Trump allowed his aides to be ousted by the neocons, he discarded his election ideals within a few weeks of pressure from the military-industrial complex. he threw in the towel without a fight.

So, now that the American people know that they can't bring about change via the ballot box, what next?
Imagine your Korea...