December 11, 2018, 01:29:16 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: When will Trump be impeached?  (Read 196255 times)

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: When will Trump be impeached?
« Reply #940 on: August 26, 2017, 07:47:32 PM »
trumpy's approval rating is now down to 34%.

Still time left for Trump to try and pardon himself.

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #941 on: August 27, 2017, 09:32:24 AM »
The Putin peeps, the Trump peeps and the Clinton peeps should all meet up and have a massive brawl until there is only one group left standing.

But the Putin fans and Trump fans are the same team. Also, those alt-right posters on here are mostly middle aged and out of shape so I doubt they're itching for a fist fight.

We're not young anymore; we're mature college grads. Getting a criminal record isn't worth it.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #942 on: August 28, 2017, 09:27:12 AM »

As long as the Democrats in Congress have lower approvals, Trump isn't going anywhere. The Dems can run up their margins in California and New York and other liberal enclaves, but if Trump is still ahead of the Democrat in light-red and swing counties around the country, he wins.

You don't have to run faster than the bear. You just have to run faster than the other guy.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #943 on: August 28, 2017, 09:41:45 AM »
Tillerson is the latest to distance himself from trump, saying donnie speaks only for himself on values. Word has it that he's only waiting for a reasonable time to pass before resigning.

Mattis and Cohn are two others. trumpy is supposedly raging after Cohn admitted to almost resigning after trumpy's words on Charlottesville.

And, take it for what it's worth, but some are comparing trump to Daniel Ortega and saying donnie might not leave the WH after his term expires.

The Caine Mutiny (1954)
Captain Queeg: Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't of pulled the Caine out of action. I, I, I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officers...

Sound familiar?

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #944 on: August 28, 2017, 04:27:54 PM »
When even a Texas oilman knows you're a racist conman, it might be time to change your tune.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #945 on: August 28, 2017, 04:50:57 PM »

As long as the Democrats in Congress have lower approvals, Trump isn't going anywhere. The Dems can run up their margins in California and New York and other liberal enclaves, but if Trump is still ahead of the Democrat in light-red and swing counties around the country, he wins.

You don't have to run faster than the bear. You just have to run faster than the other guy.

I like how instead of criticizing the guy who this thread is about, you're like BUT THE DEMS. Trump is doing a bad job, and it's not productive to hope that people hate one party more than someone is objectively not doing a great job. It blows my mind that Republicans can control congress and people will still blame Democrats for everything.

Offline Aurata

• Expert Waygook
  • Je regrette rien
« Reply #946 on: August 28, 2017, 10:16:37 PM »
The Putin peeps, the Trump peeps

Where are the other "Putin peeps"? exactly.

There's only me.

Gotta luv how the libs exaggerate the number of the opposition.

In any case I'm not a "Putin Peep", I'm a truth and facts peep.
Imagine your Korea...

Offline Aurata

• Expert Waygook
  • Je regrette rien
« Reply #947 on: August 28, 2017, 10:25:28 PM »

The media narrative has trump in a killbox.

If he tries to normalize relations with Russia then he's a Russian agent.

If he doesn't go along with the elites demands for more weapons and wars, they will either assasinate him or get rid of him somehow.

If he goes along with the elites demands, then he betrays his supporters and his approval ratings dive.

he never had a chance from the beginning. Neither did JFK.
Imagine your Korea...

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #948 on: August 28, 2017, 11:26:06 PM »

I like how instead of criticizing the guy who this thread is about, you're like BUT THE DEMS. Trump is doing a bad job, and it's not productive to hope that people hate one party more than someone is objectively not doing a great job. It blows my mind that Republicans can control congress and people will still blame Democrats for everything.

I'm not arguing whether Trump is good or bad in that post, I'm stating a political reality.

The political reality is Trump only needs to not be as unappealing as the Democrats in the parts of the country that ensure him and the Republicans a majority.

The fact is the Democratic Party is in such disarray that they're crapping themselves at the thought of Kid Rock running for Senate. Kid Rock.

Now you can continue to howl about Trump and why voters are dumb and everything, or try and actually win. It's not that hard. They probably could have won with ol Joe Biden (avuncular centrist) or Bernie (outsider in a 'change election') but they went with HRC.

The biggest mistake was the unleashing of leftwing identity politics. I know, it's not fair- the right does identity politics too. But white people are still the majority and 48% of the country is male. If you crap on whites and men, don't be shocked when they lash out and become as entrenched to the Republican Party as minorities do when the Republicans demonize them.

Offering 'The Resistance' and SJW safe spaces and deciding that the big issue facing America is statues of people who died 150 years ago may FEEL good, but it's why Trump treads water above the poor polls for the Democrats.

But yeah, just ignore political reality. Believe that people care more about statues and how many minorities are in the cast of Dunkirk are more important than jobs, taxes, jobs, health care, and jobs. Double down and go after Jefferson being on the 2 dollar bill. That's worked out great so far seeing as how the Democrats control the presidency and both houses of Congress and the majority of state legislatures and governorships. Comfort yourself in Trump's poll numbers. Blame everything on Russia and 46% of America being racist. It wasn't the fact that the Democratic candidate was so despised that 52% of the country voted for Donald frickin Trump or Aleppo or Jill Lenin.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #949 on: August 29, 2017, 07:13:43 AM »

I'm not arguing whether Trump is good or bad in that post, I'm stating a political reality.

The political reality is Trump only needs to not be as unappealing as the Democrats in the parts of the country that ensure him and the Republicans a majority.

The fact is the Democratic Party is in such disarray that they're crapping themselves at the thought of Kid Rock running for Senate. Kid Rock.

Now you can continue to howl about Trump and why voters are dumb and everything, or try and actually win. It's not that hard. They probably could have won with ol Joe Biden (avuncular centrist) or Bernie (outsider in a 'change election') but they went with HRC.

The biggest mistake was the unleashing of leftwing identity politics. I know, it's not fair- the right does identity politics too. But white people are still the majority and 48% of the country is male. If you crap on whites and men, don't be shocked when they lash out and become as entrenched to the Republican Party as minorities do when the Republicans demonize them.

Offering 'The Resistance' and SJW safe spaces and deciding that the big issue facing America is statues of people who died 150 years ago may FEEL good, but it's why Trump treads water above the poor polls for the Democrats.

But yeah, just ignore political reality. Believe that people care more about statues and how many minorities are in the cast of Dunkirk are more important than jobs, taxes, jobs, health care, and jobs. Double down and go after Jefferson being on the 2 dollar bill. That's worked out great so far seeing as how the Democrats control the presidency and both houses of Congress and the majority of state legislatures and governorships. Comfort yourself in Trump's poll numbers. Blame everything on Russia and 46% of America being racist. It wasn't the fact that the Democratic candidate was so despised that 52% of the country voted for Donald frickin Trump or Aleppo or Jill Lenin.

Don't waste your time having an argument no one is trying to have. I didn't say a thing about race, gender, or social class. I just stated that the right tends to often deflect to the left. I'm just stating a political reality.  :P

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #950 on: August 29, 2017, 07:25:09 AM »
The Putin peeps, the Trump peeps

Where are the other "Putin peeps"? exactly.

There's only me.

Gotta luv how the libs exaggerate the number of the opposition.

In any case I'm not a "Putin Peep", I'm a truth and facts peep.
"Truth and facts," pravda style maybe.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #951 on: August 29, 2017, 07:28:26 AM »
Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke's daughter Jennifer Detlefsen, who is a Navy veteran, sharply criticized the proposal, calling the president a "disgrace," the Billings Gazette reported Friday. ….

“This man is a disgrace. I've tried to keep politics out of my social media feed as much as possible, but this is inexcusable,” read her post on July 26, which still appeared online on Saturday.

"This veteran says sit down and shut the f--k up, you know-nothing, never-served piece of s--t," she added.

Preach it!

Offline Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #952 on: August 29, 2017, 07:44:20 AM »
I'm a truth and facts peep.

That's true.  We barely hear a peep of truth or facts from you.

Offline Arabin

• Veteran
« Reply #953 on: August 29, 2017, 07:52:00 AM »
I'm a truth and facts peep.

That's true.  We barely hear a peep of truth or facts from you.

Nicely done. Nicely done indeed.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #954 on: August 29, 2017, 10:19:10 AM »
Don't waste your time having an argument no one is trying to have. I didn't say a thing about race, gender, or social class. I just stated that the right tends to often deflect to the left. I'm just stating a political reality.  :P

I agree that the right often deflects to the left. That's pretty obvious. The left often deflects to the right as well. It's the oldest political tactic in the book- negative campaigning.

If you think the left doesn't do this as well, then I don't know what to say.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #955 on: August 29, 2017, 11:39:54 AM »

I agree that the right often deflects to the left. That's pretty obvious. The left often deflects to the right as well. It's the oldest political tactic in the book- negative campaigning.

Never said what I thought and don't care enough to do so. Are you just looking to argue because I can do that for you  :wink:

If you're not, you could have stopped typing after "I agree that the right often deflects to the left." Just a tip to seem less confrontational  :smiley:

Offline Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #956 on: August 29, 2017, 03:23:40 PM »

Welllll....  Let's take Obamacare, for example.

The basic idea for the "individual mandate" that is at the core of making the ACA work, to the extent it does work, was developed by the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think-tank.  Mitt Romney, a Republican governor, actually tried it out, quite successfully, in Massachusetts.

So the Dems took an idea that pretty much worked and rolled it into their own attempt to overhaul the medical system.  That is, until they started fuffing about with it to try to get some Republicans to vote for it, the ACA was quite similar to what Heritage, AEI and so on had put forth in the 1990s.

They had two main objections when it came up in 2009, one of which Republicans always have: they think government should be free; good roads, military might and flood reparations must never be paid for by taxes (well, at least not our taxes--let our children and grandchildren pay for them).

But the other one was somehow this "individual mandate", which they now had a problem with in principle, though a veritable who's who of Republicans had co-sponsored the same thing ...

Speaking of hypocrisy, I wonder how many of the 20 sitting Texas Reps and 2 senators that voted against hurricane Sandy relief in 2013 will vote against Harvey relief?

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #957 on: August 29, 2017, 03:53:39 PM »

Speaking of hypocrisy, I wonder how many of the 20 sitting Texas Reps and 2 senators that voted against hurricane Sandy relief in 2013 will vote against Harvey relief?
OUCH!!!

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #958 on: August 29, 2017, 04:29:55 PM »

The basic idea for the "individual mandate" that is at the core of making the ACA work, to the extent it does work, was developed by the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think-tank.  Mitt Romney, a Republican governor, actually tried it out, quite successfully, in Massachusetts.

So the Dems took an idea that pretty much worked and rolled it into their own attempt to overhaul the medical system.  That is, until they started fuffing about with it to try to get some Republicans to vote for it, the ACA was quite similar to what Heritage, AEI and so on had put forth in the 1990s.

They had two main objections when it came up in 2009, one of which Republicans always have: they think government should be free; good roads, military might and flood reparations must never be paid for by taxes (well, at least not our taxes--let our children and grandchildren pay for them).

But the other one was somehow this "individual mandate", which they now had a problem with in principle, though a veritable who's who of Republicans had co-sponsored the same thing ...

You won't get an argument from me on the GOP debacle that is their health care policy.

Sandy was a symbolic vote on pork. It's bad visually but the bill was going to pass regardless and they wanted to make a statement about attaching extra spending. It was a dumb move by them in terms of optics, but they had a point that the bill could have been a little leaner. Still....

But back to deflection, since Trump's election the Democratic Party's operating principle has been reflexive anti-Trumpism. Fair enough as that's what the GOP did under Obama, but they have no solid, cohesive message. The larger point is that the Democrats are even worse off than Trump. His historical low approval? Higher than the Democrats. Heck, it's higher than Macron's. Remember him? The Golden Boy? So much for that.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #959 on: August 30, 2017, 07:32:50 AM »

You won't get an argument from me on the GOP debacle that is their health care policy.

Sandy was a symbolic vote on pork. It's bad visually but the bill was going to pass regardless and they wanted to make a statement about attaching extra spending. It was a dumb move by them in terms of optics, but they had a point that the bill could have been a little leaner. Still....

But back to deflection, since Trump's election the Democratic Party's operating principle has been reflexive anti-Trumpism. Fair enough as that's what the GOP did under Obama, but they have no solid, cohesive message. The larger point is that the Democrats are even worse off than Trump. His historical low approval? Higher than the Democrats. Heck, it's higher than Macron's. Remember him? The Golden Boy? So much for that.

Where you getting your approval data? I just looked it up on Gallup and Dems are at 40% Reps at 39%, and Trump is at 35%.