November 16, 2018, 03:07:34 PM

Author Topic: When will Trump be impeached?  (Read 180376 times)

Offline Ptolemy

• Super Waygook
Re: When will Trump be impeached?
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2017, 08:52:02 PM »
If you're not offended by people being reduced to offensive stereotypes then I guess Fuhrer Trump is your man.

Oh I'm offended by the creepy liberal corporatists, they are the real nazis.

Anyhow, Warren is done in politics. That was a very rehearsed move by Trump, no doubt him and Bannon worked on that for awhile. It points out how absurd the tyranny of the minority has become, white people actually faking minority status to get equal rights back, while also using a word that fights political correctness, while also baiting the libs/media to meltdown.

Sun Tzu, 99th degree black belt, ninja chop 3x damage.  8)

Offline hippo

• Veteran
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2017, 09:25:48 PM »
I still do not know how possible it is to answer this question.  I can't see how you can call for impeachment when the basis has, as far as I have seen, been established.  What are "high crimes and misdemeanors"?

Unless someone can convincingly define what "crimes and misdemeanors" are and explain why impeachment is not an inherently political process, I think it is just as well to look at pictures of fish.

As much as I too am a fan of red herrings, I'm nonetheless interested in why you've focused on "crimes and misdemeanors" to the exclusion of 'treason and bribery' as stated in Article II Section 4?

That said, rather than 'calling for his impeachment', some of us are more interested in speculating as to when or whether that call will come. At the moment though it would appear that there are several fertile areas for further investigation.

As a side note, it's a shame that mental competence isn't a valid grounding for impeachment. Donald's constant battle with reality would well fulfil that requirement.

Fair enough about interest in speculating whether or not the call for impeachment has come.

I can see why people are speculating about the impeachment of Trump since there has never been a President who has acted like he has. 

As far as treason and bribery as grounds for impeachment, where is the evidence of treason or bribery?  Despite all the talk, we still have not even seen concrete evidence that Russia was involved in the US election, something that would not at all be surprising, but should not be believed based on intelligence agencies who spread disinformation.  Even that doesn't indicate the Donald is working with Russia in a treasonous manner or anything like it.  Bribery?  How does bribery factor into this?  Yes, Devos got her seat by giving lots of donations, but that's just business as usual.

The Donald may be a disgusting, delusional, narcissistic, ethically compromised individual, but I fail to see what he has does that is an impeachable offense at this point. I am asking what the grounds for impeachment would be since it has been brought up to clarify what the basis would be. 

Also, why is Donald getting away with all of this?  Most Congressional Republicans went from distancing themselves from him to following the agenda he is promoting.  At the top leadership positions, except from a few exceptions like Sanders, the Democrats seem in denial about why they have failed and are continuing to fail.  It's not just The Donald doing this.  He has enablers, enablers who I am sure will turn away from him if he becomes unpopular.

Offline Ptolemy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2017, 09:34:55 PM »
The people who lost A) want him to be impeached, and so B) they go looking for reasons for that. There's nothing legit about it, they are desperate and will make up anything.

Remember libs, you and your NY/LA corporate brainwashing network won't be taking back anything...decades of red control coming. Just move to Canada. But Canada won't have you because they are busy prioritizing random refugees.  :laugh:

Online Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2017, 12:25:26 AM »
A senior White House adviser on Sunday denounced federal judges who have stood in the way of Donald Trump’s controversial travel ban, warning that “the whole world will soon see” that the president’s executive powers “will not be questioned”.

We have a judiciary that has taken far too much power and become in many cases a supreme branch of government,” said Stephen Miller, a senior adviser to Trump on immigration issues, appearing on the CBS program Face the Nation.

“Our opponents, the media and the whole world will soon see as we begin to take further actions, that the powers of the president to protect our country are very substantial and will not be questioned.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/12/trump-administration-considering-narrower-travel-ban

Is it just me or is this just unbelievably dangerous thinking?  The judiciary is there to rule on the legality of possible laws and to add a common sense thinking to them.  What you don't want is somebody as unhinged as Trump 'having the powers to protect our country' in anyway Bannon Trump thinks he can.  These daily 'look at the size of my balls' appearances from Trump and his advisors are ridiculous.

Let's just hope it's a consequence of the fact that several media outlets wouldn't have Kelly-Anne Conjob on their programs for a few days because of her credibility issues so the administration had to wheel out their next hack, Stephen Miller, who is obviously still wet behind the ears.

This!

Perhaps SNL will have some fun with him next weekend.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 07:03:38 AM by Adel »

Online thunderlips

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2017, 03:26:17 PM »
In like Flynn... or in this case out.

Offline Ptolemy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2017, 08:09:31 PM »
Liberal's brains are going to melt down, they are the ones who won't last eights years.  :laugh:

There is crushing force coming at them from all sides, Trump will break them. Snap!

Online Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
Piss-gate ain't over just yet!
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2017, 02:14:46 AM »

Guy lied to Pence and was held accountable. Sounds like a breath of fresh air to me.

The administration knew about Flyn's conversations 3 weeks ago when it was warned by the state department. The question that remains is whether Trump was also aware of these conversations and WTF is the extent of the Russian connection with Trump and his campaign. Let's not forget, only yesterday morning Kelly-Anne Con-job was telling us that Trump still had full confidence in Flynn. As much as the Trump cult will try to deflect to Clinton/Obama/whatever,  some Republican members of congress are also interested in these questions so I wouldn't expect Flyn's resignation to end it.

All this in just three weeks. It must've been one hell of a shower!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 05:05:06 AM by Adel »

Offline Ptolemy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2017, 08:14:55 PM »
Why is everyone on the internets talking about Flynn, who cares? I didn't even know who he was, now some dude I didn't know about isn't there, shrug...

Online thunderlips

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2017, 11:04:47 PM »
Why is everyone on the internets talking about Flynn, who cares? I didn't even know who he was, now some dude I didn't know about isn't there, shrug...

Yeah who cares  :rolleyes: :huh:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/02/15/515358124/reports-u-s-intercepted-calls-between-trump-campaign-staff-and-russian-intellige

I can't believe Republicans have no problem with Turnip's ties to Russia.

This administration will go down as the most subversive in modern US history.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 11:11:14 PM by thunderlips »

Offline Ptolemy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2017, 11:13:25 PM »
Oh I see, yet more leaks from the incompetent intelligence agencies. Time to make it known that leaks are treason and automatically punishable by death. See who leaks then? Bet it gets real quiet.

Offline Aurata

• Expert Waygook
  • Je regrette rien
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2017, 11:50:40 PM »
I can't believe Republicans have no problem with Turnip's ties to Russia.

why should they?

The cold war ended 26 years ago, dimbulb.
Imagine your Korea...

Online thunderlips

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2017, 12:13:49 AM »
Oh I see, yet more leaks from the incompetent intelligence agencies. Time to make it known that leaks are treason and automatically punishable by death. See who leaks then? Bet it gets real quiet.

If the intelligence agencies are incompetent, what does that make Turnip?

Treason against a tyrant is acceptable. Leaks have been used throughout our nation's history to get to the truth of the matter.

http://ww2.kqed.org/lowdown/2013/08/01/ten-of-the-most-influential-government-leaks-in-u-s-history/

Iran-Contra  (CIA cocaine)
Pentagon Papers (Bombing SE Asia)
Watergate (Trump's role model)
Snowden

Treason- the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government.

"Even though Flynn is out, Democrats and critics are calling for investigations and question whether he violated the Logan Act, a law dating back to 1799, which prohibits unauthorized individuals from communicating with foreign governments."

I'm sorry you were saying...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 12:34:33 AM by thunderlips »

Offline Aurata

• Expert Waygook
  • Je regrette rien
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2017, 01:39:23 AM »
If the intelligence agencies are incompetent, what does that make Turnip?

they're not incompetent, they're just corrupt.

They're a tool of the globalist elite new world order agenda. Closely allied to the security-military complex, the neocons in government, the agribusinesses, the oligarchs with their plans for world domination via US hegemony.

Until you grasp this basic fact, nothing in politics will make sense.

Really, dunderlips. The way you parrot your media programming like a hapless dupe makes you look beyond pathetic.

If you automatically believe everything the cia says you are a gull of the highest order.

I suggest some basic reading:

The Devil's Chessboard: Allen Dulles, the CIA, and the Rise of America's Secret Government Hardcover  – October 13, 2015

by David Talbot
https://www.amazon.com/Devils-Chessboard-Dulles-Americas-Government/dp/0062276166/ref=pd_sim_14_34?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=416NAVNC9JZMSFGQ07AB

In Search of Enemies: A CIA Story Paperback  – March 17, 1984

by John Stockwell
https://www.amazon.com/Search-Enemies-CIA-Story/dp/0393009262/ref=pd_sim_14_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=NZ69E42YAA5RTSM3HPFF

Inside the Company: CIA Diary Hardcover  – July, 1975

by Philip Agee
https://www.amazon.com/Inside-Company-Diary-Philip-Agee/dp/0883730286
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 02:10:40 AM by Aurata »
Imagine your Korea...

Offline Ptolemy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2017, 07:00:47 AM »
Treason against a tyrant is acceptable.

Liberal logic.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Make up a straw man, have the media you own tell yourself what you want to hear, commit crimes.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
Re: Piss-gate ain't over just yet!
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2017, 01:00:36 PM »

Guy lied to Pence and was held accountable. Sounds like a breath of fresh air to me.

The administration knew about Flyn's conversations 3 weeks ago when it was warned by the state department. The question that remains is whether Trump was also aware of these conversations and WTF is the extent of the Russian connection with Trump and his campaign. Let's not forget, only yesterday morning Kelly-Anne Con-job was telling us that Trump still had full confidence in Flynn. As much as the Trump cult will try to deflect to Clinton/Obama/whatever,  some Republican members of congress are also interested in these questions so I wouldn't expect Flyn's resignation to end it.

All this in just three weeks. It must've been one hell of a shower!

You do realize that Obama has apparently had this info since, what, July? He chose to do nothing with it.

Did it ever occur to you that it might be possible that there was nothing criminal and there wasn't any collusion? Just basic talks about broad vision that are the normal range of talks that people of two different countries have. I think Obama also probably had the foresight to know that if this gets turned into a thing, it will A) Come back to bite the Dems down the line when circumstances change and B) That raising a stink over even the most basic of contact, between non-government higher-ups and party nominees with other countries, will ultimately hurt diplomacy in the long run.

Online thunderlips

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2017, 01:35:31 PM »
You guys are enablers.

Malfeasance through ignorance isn't a solid defense.

I try leaks and whistle blowers more than any politician.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2017, 01:40:15 PM »
You guys are enablers.

Malfeasance through ignorance isn't a solid defense.

I try leaks and whistle blowers more than any politician.

By that logic you're an enabler of the military-industrial complex, subversive actions in 3rd world countries, drone strikes, and an intelligence community that is involved in clandestine grey and black ops around the world.

If the intelligence community has serious problems with Trump and evidence to back it up, they need to present it to the public in an open manner that lets the rule of law handle it, not shadowy leaks that lead to media innuendo.

Online thunderlips

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2017, 01:50:47 PM »
Hard to investigate when the Republicans refuse to open an investigation.

This is what I don't understand, both parties are willing to sacrifice their reputations along party lines. By not investigating they are allowing for gross negligence to occur.

Offline eastreef

• Super Waygook
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2017, 02:41:03 PM »
I have no idea what Flynn talked about with the Russians…..  Maybe they were making plans to do shots of Beluga together……  However, I do know that because of their obsession to destroy Trump that the elitist media wants everyone to believe that Trump just plucked this guy from a Russian cabbage patch; when it was actually Obama who honed Flynn’s national security credentials to become a National Security Advisor. 

1.  In 2011, Obama promoted Flynn to the rank of lieutenant general.   Flag officers require presidential approval.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_T._Flynn

2. In 2012, Obama nominated - and the Senate confirmed - Flynn to become the Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency.

https://www.dni.gov/index.php/newsroom/press-releases/96-press-releases-2012/525-nomination-of-lt-gen-flynn-as-dia-director-and-maj-gen-nicholas-as-assistant-dni-for-partner-engagement

Office of the Director of National Intelligence
Nomination of Lt. Gen. Flynn as DIA director and Maj. Gen. Nicholas as assistant DNI for partner engagement

April 17, 2012

Today, President Obama nominated two outstanding military officers to serve in key positions in the Intelligence Community. On behalf of the entire Intelligence Community, I congratulate them on their nominations.

Army Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn has been nominated for reappointment to the rank of lieutenant general and reassignment as the next director of the Defense Intelligence Agency. Lt. Gen. Flynn is currently serving as the ODNI’s assistant director of national intelligence for partner engagement……….

These two outstanding military leaders and intelligence professionals have the skill and dedication necessary to continue to transform the Intelligence Community. Upon their confirmation by the Senate, I look forward to working with Lt. Gen. Flynn and Maj. Gen. Nicholas on our nation’s most challenging intelligence issues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Director_of_the_Defense_Intelligence_Agency

The Director of the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency is a three-star general or admiral who, upon nomination by the President and confirmation by the Senate, serves as the nation's highest-ranking military intelligence officer. He is the primary intelligence adviser to the Secretary of Defense and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff                         

Basically, I have found two stories on why he left the position of Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency.  You can conduct your own research.  I’ll encapsulate the two stories as follows:

1. He was forced out because of a “chaotic” management style.
2. He was forced out because he kept challenging Obama’s Syria and Islamic terrorism policies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_T._Flynn

“All of this has happened before, and will happen again.”

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2017, 02:45:35 PM »
Hard to investigate when the Republicans refuse to open an investigation.

This is what I don't understand, both parties are willing to sacrifice their reputations along party lines. By not investigating they are allowing for gross negligence to occur.

Maybe they are not investigating because both parties know this isn't going to go anywhere and is just a smear campaign. Did that ever occur to you?

The fact is that going to hard on this issue sets a bad precedent for all future presidential campaigns and incoming administrations. Party nominees and the incoming administrations for President-elects, regardless of party, need to have these sort of general discussion calls for purposes of diplomacy and making campaign promises and such. Diplomacy thrives on informal chats between countries, often involving aides or backchannels. If we didn't have these kinds of conversations and exchanges and relationship building during the Cold War, the U.S. and U.S.S.R. would have likely gone to war with each other. As Churchill put it- "To Jaw-Jaw is better than to War-War."

Now when the next time the Dems win, the Republicans are going to use the Flynn Precedent to savage their officials. It makes the U.S. more isolated and constrains diplomacy.

But hey, why worry about that? The important thing is that Trump is LITERALLY HITLER and thus any action is justified. After all, nothing says LITERALLY HITLER and NAZIS!!! like holding a joint press conference with Bibi Netanyahu.