March 24, 2019, 10:23:16 AM

Author Topic: When will Trump be impeached?  (Read 225223 times)

Offline Baby Aubergine

• Super Waygook
Re: When will Trump be impeached?
« Reply #560 on: May 15, 2017, 10:28:21 AM »
The establishment Democrat focus on Russia at the expense of everything else is astonishing. I can only imagine it's the same mix of incompetence & a poor attempt to mask how bad their own policies on stuff like healthcare mostly are.

Still, this is how you keep losing further still in 2018.

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #561 on: May 15, 2017, 11:31:19 AM »
The establishment Democrat focus on Russia at the expense of everything else is astonishing. I can only imagine it's the same mix of incompetence & a poor attempt to mask how bad their own policies on stuff like healthcare mostly are.

Except, the progressive wing of the Democrats are continually hammering Trump on his failings of domestic policy: health care, tax reform, big pharma, lobbyists, rich/poor divide.

Offline Baby Aubergine

• Super Waygook
« Reply #562 on: May 15, 2017, 11:54:27 AM »

Except, the progressive wing of the Democrats are continually hammering Trump on his failings of domestic policy: health care, tax reform, big pharma, lobbyists, rich/poor divide.

Yes, that's good. I was trying to distinguish them from those who are really focusing on Russia above all. Can't think of that many names just now but Devin Nunes is one that springs to mind, he just paid for a huge Russia billboard somewhere.

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #563 on: May 15, 2017, 12:11:38 PM »

Yes, that's good. I was trying to distinguish them from those who are really focusing on Russia above all. Can't think of that many names just now but Devin Nunes is one that springs to mind, he just paid for a huge Russia billboard somewhere.

If you look at the recent special elections in the House, Democrats have faired much better than last time. The Republicans had to pump extra money into those races through various Super-PACs that wouldn't have been necessary before but a lot of people are seeing through Trump's election promises and are currently not happy with how Trump and Republicans are running the country.

donovan

« Reply #564 on: May 16, 2017, 02:23:34 PM »
Trump Revealed Highly Classified Intelligence to Russia, in Break With Ally, Officials Say

President Trump boasted about highly classified intelligence in a meeting with the Russian foreign minister and ambassador last week, providing details that could expose the source of the information and the manner in which it was collected, a current and a former American government official said Monday.

The intelligence disclosed by Mr. Trump in a meeting with Sergey V. Lavrov, the Russian foreign minister, and Sergey I. Kislyak, the Russian ambassador to the United States, was about an Islamic State plot, according to the officials. A Middle Eastern ally that closely guards its own secrets provided the information, which was considered so sensitive that American officials did not share it widely within the United States government or pass it on to other allies.

Mr. Trump’s disclosure does not appear to have been illegal — the president has the power to declassify almost anything. But sharing the information without the express permission of the ally who provided it was a major breach of espionage etiquette, and could jeopardize a crucial intelligence-sharing relationship.

In fact, the ally has repeatedly warned American officials that it would cut off access to such sensitive information if it were shared too widely, the former official said. In this case, the fear is that Russia will be able to determine exactly how the information was collected and could disrupt the ally’s espionage efforts.

The revelation also opens Mr. Trump to criticism of a double standard. The president made Hillary Clinton’s mishandling of classified information through her private email server central to his campaign, leading chants of “lock her up” at rallies. But there was never any indication that Mrs. Clinton exposed sensitive information from an ally or gave it to an adversary.

idiot :blank:

Online MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #565 on: May 16, 2017, 02:59:03 PM »
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM

Trump is a liar and a con man.

Online Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
Tired of winning yet?
« Reply #566 on: May 17, 2017, 04:39:43 AM »

Which of these three gentlemen appear to be laughing louder?

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #567 on: May 17, 2017, 06:36:58 AM »

Former FBI Director James Comey wrote in a memo that President Donald Trump asked him to end the investigation of national security adviser Michael Flynn, according to a sources familiar with the matter.

Comey was so appalled by the request that he wanted to document it, sources said. Comey shared it with FBI senior officials, according to sources.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/16/politics/trump-james-comey-memo/index.html

The memo is the clearest sign yet of potential interference by Trump with the investigation into whether members of his campaign team colluded with Russian officials.

"Three words: obstruction of justice," said CNN's senior legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin on Tuesday. "Telling the FBI director to close down an investigation of your senior campaign adviser for his activities during your campaign for president, if that's true, that is obstruction of justice."

" 'Close it down' is an instruction to stop investigating President Trump's campaign. Richard Nixon was impeached in 1974 for telling the FBI to stop an investigation of his campaign. That's what Watergate was," Toobin added. "If (Comey's) telling the truth, I don't know how anyone can see this comment as anything but obstruction of justice."

donovan

Re: Tired of winning yet?
« Reply #568 on: May 17, 2017, 07:43:11 AM »

Online Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
Re: Tired of winning yet?
« Reply #569 on: May 17, 2017, 07:55:44 AM »

Dude, seriously.

Enough with trying to frame Dtrump as some kind of evil genius already!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 11:09:15 AM by Adel »

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #570 on: May 17, 2017, 09:14:40 AM »
Trump finally found the leaker of national security information. Turns out the leaker was looking back at him in the mirror all this time.

Offline eastreef

• Super Waygook
« Reply #571 on: May 17, 2017, 12:23:48 PM »
National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster stood in front of the White House and on LIVE TV said to a worldwide audience:

“The story that came out tonight as reported is false.” ……  “I was in the room. It didn’t happen.”

National Security Advisor McMaster has said that the conversations with the Russians were wholly appropriate. 

The elitist media, without providing names, says that Trump was wrong.  Remember, the elitist media has made it very clear that they hate Trump.  Further, of the many stories I have read where the media is using “experts” to say that Trump was wrong, these “experts are basing their opinion on the anonymous sources of the Washington Post; a newspaper owned by Jeff Bezos….

Watch the videos versus anonymous sources…….

The real story, which the elitist media will not acknowledge, is that there is now no doubt that some of the media, along with what is called the “deep state,” are operating together to harm/oust the properly elected president of the United States. 

Since Trump’s election, in violation of law, the deep state has been routinely releasing to select media information that they have no authority to legally release to the public.  Is the FBI investigating these leaks?

With the current story the media is making a big deal about how the intelligence agencies of other countries won’t work with the U.S. if they think Trump will tell others about their information.  Well, how about this story?  How does the president of the U.S. conduct foreign policy if world leaders are afraid anything they say in a “private” conversation with the president of the United States will be made public, if the deep state believes such information can be used to harm Trump?  Who leaked the information regarding the Trump-Turnbull telephone conversation???? And, who published the information?  That we know, the Washington Post.

Now, I’m not sure if the deep state is just manipulating these media organizations or if they are actually coordinating actions together.  However, whether being manipulated or coordinated, many in the media have the same objective, and that is: U.S. presidential elections should just be a show.  Yes, you have two candidates, but only one candidate is supposed to win (sound familiar).  I wonder how the elitists will feel in the future if the deep state does not like a particular elitist president, should one be elected, and then the deep state again decides to flex its muscles….. 

When you have government workers believing that they should be the ones who decide who the president of the U.S. should be, the U.S. is heading down a very slippery slope…..

Finally, I will admit that Trump has helped provide ammunition to be used against him.  One of his first priorities should have been setting up a well-organized and disciplined West Wing.  He bragged about his management skills, but IMHO, he has not demonstrated such skills when it comes to the daily operation of his office. 

If he hired someone to do this – e.g. Chief of Staff - he should fire such person.  If he is personally responsible, then Trump needs suck it in and hire a person who can properly do this, and then let them do their job.

When Reagan needed help in his second term, he (I have read that Nancy actually had a lot to do with this) brought in Howard Baker to get things back on track. It worked.  In 1994, President Clinton became increasingly concerned about a lack of order and focus in the White House and asked Leon Panetta to become his new Chief of Staff.  It worked.

IMHO, Trump, like other presidents before him, needs to quickly make some adjustments if he wants to be a successful president. 

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/16/hr-mcmaster-trump-intelligence-sharing-appropriate-238450            contains embedded video

“What I will tell you is in the context of that discussion, what the president discussed with the foreign minister was wholly appropriate to that conversation and is consistent with the routine sharing of information between the president and any leaders with whom he's engaged,” McMaster said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39931012        contains embedded video

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/15/trump-classified-russia-pushback-238415
contains  embedded video

National security adviser H.R. McMaster briefly spoke to reporters gathered at the White House and issued a terse denial without taking any questions. “The story that came out tonight as reported is false,” McMaster said.

He concluded with, “I was in the room. It didn’t happen.”

The White House also issued statements from Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, deputy national security adviser for Strategy Dina Powell and McMaster that attempted to pour cold water on the report.
"This story is false. The president only discussed the common threats that both countries faced," Powell said in the statement.

Richard Perle: WashPost's Trump Story on Russia 'Outrageously Overblown'

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/richard-perle-russia-washington-post-donald-trump/2017/05/16/id/790522/

The Washington Post report on President Donald Trump disclosing classified information to Russian officials last week is "outrageously overblown" and proves that the media is "out to destroy this presidency,"……
•   
The Washington Post report on President Donald Trump disclosing classified information to Russian officials last week is "outrageously overblown" and proves that the media is "out to destroy this presidency," former Pentagon official Richard Perle told Newsmax TV on Tuesday.

"There was no indication in the article — and this is now confirmed by the national security adviser that any classified information that was not either known or obvious was revealed in that conversation," ….

"I was not at all concerned about that and I spent 50 years consuming and working on highly classified information.

"I don't think any significant information has been compromised."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/analysis-the-white-house-isn%e2%80%99t-denying-that-trump-gave-russia-classified-information-%e2%80%94-not-really/ar-BBBb2RF?ocid=LENDHP

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/16/mcmaster-truth-defense-secrets-238470

CBS/AP February 1, 2017, 11:17 PM
Report: Trump, Australian PM Turnbull have tense phone call over Muslim refugees

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-australian-pm-turnbull-have-tense-phone-call-over-muslim-refugees/

“All of this has happened before, and will happen again.”

Offline eastreef

• Super Waygook
« Reply #572 on: May 17, 2017, 01:07:18 PM »

Former FBI Director James Comey wrote in a memo that President Donald Trump asked him to end the investigation of national security adviser Michael Flynn, according to a sources familiar with the matter.

Comey was so appalled by the request that he wanted to document it, sources said. Comey shared it with FBI senior officials, according to sources.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/16/politics/trump-james-comey-memo/index.html

The memo is the clearest sign yet of potential interference by Trump with the investigation into whether members of his campaign team colluded with Russian officials.

"Three words: obstruction of justice," said CNN's senior legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin on Tuesday. "Telling the FBI director to close down an investigation of your senior campaign adviser for his activities during your campaign for president, if that's true, that is obstruction of justice."

" 'Close it down' is an instruction to stop investigating President Trump's campaign. Richard Nixon was impeached in 1974 for telling the FBI to stop an investigation of his campaign. That's what Watergate was," Toobin added. "If (Comey's) telling the truth, I don't know how anyone can see this comment as anything but obstruction of justice."

Would you please post a link to where I can read the entire Comey memo?  Before I comment I think it would be better if I first read the memo. 

For example, I already have a couple of questions. 

The following is a quote from the link that you did provide:

The sources said that Comey was so appalled by the request from Trump, at an Oval Office meeting on February 14, that he wanted to document it in order to share his recollections of the encounter with senior FBI officials.       

My first question is if Comey was so appalled by what happened on February 14, why did he wait until May 16 to apparently release part of the memo?

Another question is why didn’t Comey mention this “incident” when he testified before congress?  It’s not exactly like Comey has not had the attention of congress during these last few months.

If he had publically read his memo into the congressional record while testifying, that would most likely have given congress no choice but to investigate.    Further, I would think it would have also made it virtually politically impossible for him to be fired.

My final question, at this time, is that Comey did make it clear to Senators Feinstein and Grassley that Trump was not under FBI investigation; therefore, if Comey really believed that Trump was trying to obstruct justice, why didn’t Comey start an obstruction of justice investigation against Trump?

Or, as previously said on here, did Comey have his own agenda?

Isn’t this getting exciting?????  Unfortunately, I may have to reduce my Waygook time and really focus my writing time on a new textbook due next fall.  Posting on Waygook is entertaining, but it doesn’t pay for nice vacations.  Oh well, we will see.

Online MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #573 on: May 17, 2017, 04:05:55 PM »
lol Eastreef is still playing defense for the orange...

Meanwhile actual Republicans are finally starting to realize it might not be a good idea to continue to defend Trump and make excuses for them...

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/16/trump-comey-republicans-congress-scandals-238479

Republicans are privately beginning to worry that they may one day have to sit in judgment of Trump, or that more damaging information from Comey could force the president to step down. Within hours of Tuesday's report by The New York Times, there was a distinct shift among congressional Republicans, who until now have mostly resisted criticizing Trump, let alone demanding the president be held to account for all he says or does.

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) immediately said he’s prepared to subpoena the memos that Comey reportedly wrote contemporaneously to document his interactions with Trump. Chaffetz sent a letter to the FBI on Tuesday night asking for any notes, documents or records of Trump and Comey’s conversations to be turned over to his panel by May 24.

Ross Douthat, whose professional job title is "water-carrier for anything the GOP does"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/opinion/25th-amendment-trump.html?_r=0

The 25th Amendment Solution to Remove Trump

Even Literally Freaking David Brooks stops being a GOP-loving punk for once:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/15/opinion/trump-classified-data.html

When the World Is Led by a Child

I'm sure Eastreef will claim this is all elitist globalist fake nooz and then post a bunch of conspiracy theory crap he saw on Fox News about Susan Rice and Benghazi and "but her emails."
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM

Trump is a liar and a con man.

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #574 on: May 17, 2017, 04:24:54 PM »
Unfortunately, I may have to reduce my Waygook time and really focus my writing time on a new textbook due next fall.

'9/11 was an inside job!' the graded reader edition?

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #575 on: May 17, 2017, 04:41:27 PM »
Nice job answering eastreef's questions guys.

My first question is if Comey was so appalled by what happened on February 14, why did he wait until May 16 to apparently release part of the memo?

Another question is why didn’t Comey mention this “incident” when he testified before congress?  It’s not exactly like Comey has not had the attention of congress during these last few months.

If he had publically read his memo into the congressional record while testifying, that would most likely have given congress no choice but to investigate.    Further, I would think it would have also made it virtually politically impossible for him to be fired.

My final question, at this time, is that Comey did make it clear to Senators Feinstein and Grassley that Trump was not under FBI investigation; therefore, if Comey really believed that Trump was trying to obstruct justice, why didn’t Comey start an obstruction of justice investigation against Trump?

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #576 on: May 17, 2017, 04:51:06 PM »
Upper level people collect all the information they can to make an airtight case before making an accusation.

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #577 on: May 17, 2017, 04:55:55 PM »
Nice job answering eastreef's questions guys.

What? Answer his questions based on conjecture and false equivalencies?

Hopefully, all questions will be asked and answered in the forthcoming congressional open hearings.

Offline eastreef

• Super Waygook
« Reply #578 on: May 17, 2017, 08:12:36 PM »
Maybe the Russians can save the U.S. from ourselves….

Russia claims to have transcript of Trump meeting with Lavrov

Updated 1158 GMT (1958 HKT) May 17, 2017

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/17/politics/russia-us-trump-lavrov-intel/index.html

Russian President Vladimir Putin has said that Russia is ready to provide US Congress with a transcript of the talks between President Donald Trump and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov.

Speaking at a press conference, Putin said the transcript could be provided "if the US administration finds it appropriate."

Offline eastreef

• Super Waygook
« Reply #579 on: May 17, 2017, 08:16:15 PM »
I’m still looking for a link so that I can read the memo.

Some excerpts.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/alan-dershowitz-james-comey-memo-fbi/2017/05/16/id/790555/

Harvard Law School professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz said Tuesday that former FBI Director James Comey's memo on his February conversation with President Donald Trump "has to be seen" because "tone is everything."

"For a president – and tone is everything – that's why the memo has to be seen and that's why, if there are tapes, we should hear them," Dershowitz told Anderson Cooper on CNN.

"If the president politely suggests to the director of the FBI: 'He's a good guy, [Michael] Flynn. I would appreciate if you let him off the hook. I fired him.'
"That doesn't become" a case of obstruction of justice," he said.