March 25, 2019, 05:58:02 AM

Author Topic: When will Trump be impeached?  (Read 225370 times)

Offline Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: When will Trump be impeached?
« Reply #2460 on: December 19, 2018, 11:26:47 AM »
People are overwhelmingly irrational.

Some people, anyway.

You really believe you're rational?

Would a psychopath know that they are a psychopath?

Offline Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2461 on: December 19, 2018, 11:49:45 AM »
People are overwhelmingly irrational.

Some people, anyway.

You really believe you're rational?

This isn't about me.  But for the love of God, please please please stop annoying people.

Offline tylerthegloob

• Expert Waygook
  • gg wp
« Reply #2462 on: December 19, 2018, 12:18:16 PM »

But people usually have no reason to lie to them. No rational one. People are overwhelmingly irrational.

If you're talking compulsive chronic lying, sure. But it hasn't been established that the people charged with perjury are COMPULSIVE liars. However, they are people, which means they do lie, especially when nervous.

I don't know what to say to you anymore. You really think people usually lie without reason? Just think for half a second about the many reasons why someone might lie to a dentist and I'm sure you can come up with a few.

Inexplicably, the reasons also have to be rational now. Let's recap.

You started with person x and all those situations where someone might lie to show that lying is human nature. Then you moved to "People will lie even when they have no reason to lie." Now you're at "But people usually have no reason to lie to them. No rational one."

Again, normal people don't lie without a reason. I'll go even further and say most people don't lie without a good (rational) reason.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #2463 on: December 19, 2018, 12:46:47 PM »
Again, normal people don't lie without a reason. I'll go even further and say most people don't lie without a good (rational) reason.
Normal people lie all the time. Makeup is a lie. Your facebook feed is a lie. That overpriced watch is a lie. Your eclectic mix of music on your iphone is a lie.

There's more to lying than just the verbal element. I'm trying to get people to understand just how fundamentally full of shit 99.5% of people are.

And even verbally, people lie. "What did you do these weekend?" "Hung out with friends" No you didn't, you stayed home and played video games. Or you had sex all weekend. Or maybe you really did hang out with friends but it's 9AM on a Monday and you're foggy and for some dumb reason your brain just makes you say "Played soccer".

The people who say "I don't lie" are some of the biggest liars. Usually they are relatively honest and good people, but they've turned infrequently into "almost never" (obviously they'll acknowledge white lies) and are oblivious to the subconscious lying they do. 

If you have a good BS detector, you can usually pick up on some level of dishonesty from 95% of people you have a conversation with, within 15 minutes. We're so conditioned for agreeableness and getting along that we don't even register it.

I think this ties back into the "good vs. evil" human nature thread. That might be the source of our difference of opinion.

On a personal note, thanks for being cool throughout this and debating the point without an overwhelming tone of moralizing and self-righteousness. Seriously, you bring up good stuff here.

Offline tylerthegloob

• Expert Waygook
  • gg wp
« Reply #2464 on: December 19, 2018, 01:21:15 PM »
Normal people lie all the time. Makeup is a lie. Your facebook feed is a lie. That overpriced watch is a lie. Your eclectic mix of music on your iphone is a lie.

There's more to lying than just the verbal element. I'm trying to get people to understand just how fundamentally full of shit 99.5% of people are.

And even verbally, people lie. "What did you do these weekend?" "Hung out with friends" No you didn't, you stayed home and played video games. Or you had sex all weekend. Or maybe you really did hang out with friends but it's 9AM on a Monday and you're foggy and for some dumb reason your brain just makes you say "Played soccer".

The people who say "I don't lie" are some of the biggest liars. Usually they are relatively honest and good people, but they've turned infrequently into "almost never" (obviously they'll acknowledge white lies) and are oblivious to the subconscious lying they do. 

If you have a good BS detector, you can usually pick up on some level of dishonesty from 95% of people you have a conversation with, within 15 minutes. We're so conditioned for agreeableness and getting along that we don't even register it.

I think this ties back into the "good vs. evil" human nature thread. That might be the source of our difference of opinion.

On a personal note, thanks for being cool throughout this and debating the point without an overwhelming tone of moralizing and self-righteousness. Seriously, you bring up good stuff here.

i wont deny that people lie all the time. i'm naturally gullible and agreeable, so most of the time i'm sure i don't even notice. my point here is that i assume these people have reasons (good ones or bad ones). i can't imagine a world in which people lie for absolutely no reason (unless there's something seriously wrong with them). do people lie for petty reasons? sure, but reasons nonetheless.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #2465 on: December 21, 2018, 09:35:00 PM »
The wheels have fallen off the bus and the spare is missing. Mattis quits in protest to trumpy's "foreign policy" and trumpy wants to shut down the government because Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh spanked him.

Whatta guy! But anything to change the narrative about trump corruption and collusion and to make putin happy. Who's in charge?

And how about the stock market he used to crow about?

Chaos, corruption and duplicity might make a great mini-series, but it's no way to run a government.

Offline Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2466 on: December 21, 2018, 11:51:34 PM »
The wheels have fallen off the bus and the spare is missing. Mattis quits in protest to trumpy's "foreign policy" and trumpy wants to shut down the government because Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh spanked him.

Whatta guy! But anything to change the narrative about trump corruption and collusion and to make putin happy. Who's in charge?

Chaos, corruption and duplicity might make a great mini-series, but it's no way to run a government.

Trump's running the government based on the opinions of Fox & Friends.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #2467 on: December 22, 2018, 09:11:47 AM »

Trump's running the government based on the opinions of Fox & Friends.
Yep, he thinks this is TV. But he's got the wrong show; he's going to be starring on Law and Order.

Offline Chester Jim

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Getter Done
« Reply #2468 on: December 22, 2018, 10:44:24 AM »
I think that as long as liberals will deny funding for the wall then people will comtinue to ask why not.

Importing voters and third world cheap labor can't be popular .  This move got him elected and as long as dems resist then he should ride the wave .
Bonzai!

Offline Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2469 on: December 22, 2018, 10:09:17 PM »
I think that as long as liberals will deny funding for the wall then people will comtinue to ask why not.

Importing voters and third world cheap labor can't be popular .  This move got him elected and as long as dems resist then he should ride the wave .

It's not a "wall". It's now "steel slats".

Importing voters? I think that's what Russian did in the election, no?

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #2470 on: December 23, 2018, 08:53:20 AM »

The same ol' reactionary shibboleths. Time away hasn't made you any smarter jimbo.

The russkis got him elected.

Offline Chester Jim

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Getter Done
« Reply #2471 on: December 23, 2018, 11:02:34 AM »

The same ol' reactionary shibboleths. Time away hasn't made you any smarter jimbo.

The russkis got him elected.

The Russians got him elected? Preposterous.   A few hundred grand on Facebook ads won’t sway 60 million voters.  Also Russians were supporting leftists as well by placing ads, so they clearly weren’t trying to get trump elected. 
Bonzai!

Offline Chester Jim

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Getter Done
« Reply #2472 on: December 23, 2018, 11:05:41 AM »

What?  You do realize that even if you get away temporarily throwing temper tantrums and lying to the American people about this Russia crap, that several years from now people will see what this. 
Bonzai!

Offline Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2473 on: December 23, 2018, 01:36:00 PM »
Hmmm. The GOP holds the presidency and majorities in BOTH houses of Congress, but it's liberals that deny funding for the wall?

What?  You do realize that even if you get away temporarily throwing temper tantrums and lying to the American people about this Russia crap, that several years from now people will see what this.

You're talking about Trump, right?

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #2474 on: December 23, 2018, 05:18:48 PM »
So with less than a week to go, I think we can say that 39% of people blabbering about politics are wrong...and will likely continue blabbering about it, convinced of how right they are, despite the fact that they got this critical question wrong.

I really love how liberals have short circuited over Syria and Afghanistan and Trump withdrawing troops. They're agreeing with NeoCons like William Kristol now simply out of sheer spite when it comes to Trump. It's gotten so pathetic even Cenk over at TYT is calling them out on this. It's obvious most of them aren't basing anything on principle, just reflexive anti-Trump hate and hysteria.

Like, if you're a progressive/isolationist and you're suddenly endorsing intervention in Syria and continuing drone strikes in the Middle East simply because that's the opposite of Trump, you really need to see a shrink or something. It's akin to the people who think Trump is simultaneously senile, a white supremacist, demented, a con man, Putin's puppet who does exactly what he's told, listens to no one, the biggest narcissist on the planet, running an organized scam on our government, listens to whatever Javanka tell him, using secret covert dog whistles in his language, and whatever else.

Also the election was lost because $1 million of Russian facebook ads with 120 likes and 23 shares were more influential than the other candidate face planting into the back of a van on 9/11 at Ground Zero, Pokemon Go!, Netflix, Women Voters, Sexist Men, Racists, Blacks who didn't show up, The New York Times, FoxNews, Bernie Sanders, Gary Johnson, Jill Stein, and a host of other reasons other than the fact that your candidate ran a shitty campaign and had a shitty message and people are sick and tired of the constant PC-SJW bitching.

Offline Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2475 on: December 23, 2018, 08:01:43 PM »
So with less than a week to go, I think we can say that 39% of people blabbering about politics are wrong...and will likely continue blabbering about it, convinced of how right they are, despite the fact that they got this critical question wrong.

I really love how liberals have short circuited over Syria and Afghanistan and Trump withdrawing troops. They're agreeing with NeoCons like William Kristol now simply out of sheer spite when it comes to Trump. It's gotten so pathetic even Cenk over at TYT is calling them out on this. It's obvious most of them aren't basing anything on principle, just reflexive anti-Trump hate and hysteria.

Like, if you're a progressive/isolationist and you're suddenly endorsing intervention in Syria and continuing drone strikes in the Middle East simply because that's the opposite of Trump, you really need to see a shrink or something. It's akin to the people who think Trump is simultaneously senile, a white supremacist, demented, a con man, Putin's puppet who does exactly what he's told, listens to no one, the biggest narcissist on the planet, running an organized scam on our government, listens to whatever Javanka tell him, using secret covert dog whistles in his language, and whatever else.

Also the election was lost because $1 million of Russian facebook ads with 120 likes and 23 shares were more influential than the other candidate face planting into the back of a van on 9/11 at Ground Zero, Pokemon Go!, Netflix, Women Voters, Sexist Men, Racists, Blacks who didn't show up, The New York Times, FoxNews, Bernie Sanders, Gary Johnson, Jill Stein, and a host of other reasons other than the fact that your candidate ran a shitty campaign and had a shitty message and people are sick and tired of the constant PC-SJW bitching.

So, basically, describing yourself.

Most people [on the right and left] are angry because Trump has unilaterally decided on troop withdrawal. Hell, he even pissed off his usual faithful of Fox News.

It's clear that Trump knows nothing about military strategy or organization. Even the intelligence community needs to dumb down their daily intelligence reports because Cadet Bone Spurs doesn't understand what he's reading.

Trump is senile or a liar or both. As shown by his sudden "Dems are to blame for the shutdown" just days after declaring on live TV that he will take full responsibility for the shut down. A bipartisan bill ended up on his desk and then he saw Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh saying that he has no balls and oh oh shutdown imminent.

Look at his recent twitter post about him being so busy signing bills. Take a closer look and you'll see that the paper is blank. So senile that he's now signing blank sheets of paper haha.

He's a petulant child playing adult politics with real-life consequences.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 08:03:50 PM by Savant »

Offline Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2476 on: December 24, 2018, 12:13:32 AM »

That's, um, basically you, right?

See, this is where Trump's lies (that you endorse so freely) are so damaging. Trump justifies pulling out of Syria because ISIS has been defeated--basically eradicated from Syria.  A month ago, his own Pentagon estimated 10,000 to 15,000 ISIS combatants in Syria.  So, is that anti-trump hysteria or just pro-facts reasonableness?!?

Should the US be in this clusterf**k that is Syria--that's a policy discussion worth having. Who knows, perhaps we should have bombed some airfields only to have them back in use the very next day to make some kind of point or other. 

But, should the US suddenly pull out based on a lie, leaving our allies and the Kurds up the Erdogan creek without a paddle? No.  And I don't bring Erdogan into it blithely, it just so happens that Trump made this tweet mere hours after talking to the Turkish strongman and a$$h)le whose intentions everyone but Trump has the basic common sense to question.

I know the Middle East is far too complex for someone like me to comprehend, but at least I don't think it's about Bill Kristol and reflexive anti-Trumpism. 

Like, if you're a progressive/isolationist and you're suddenly endorsing intervention in Syria and continuing drone strikes in the Middle East simply because that's the opposite of Trump, you really need to see a shrink or something.

Yeah, because that's actually what anyone is saying … Since, y'know, isolationist and progressive are basically the same thing ...

It's akin to the people who think Trump is simultaneously senile, a white supremacist, demented, a con man, Putin's puppet who does exactly what he's told, listens to no one, the biggest narcissist on the planet, running an organized scam on our government, listens to whatever Javanka tell him, using secret covert dog whistles in his language, and whatever else.

Wait, how many do we get to choose?

Obligatory DeMartino Strawman Listing, Completely Unhinged and Doesn't Even Rhyme Edition:

Offline hayleebb87

• Adventurer
« Reply #2477 on: December 24, 2018, 07:53:55 AM »

Cadet Bone Spurs
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I have no idea why you guys even bother to argue with this man. It never matters to him when he is proven wrong about something. You are basically talking to a wall with an alternative facts checklist.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #2478 on: December 24, 2018, 08:20:14 AM »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I have no idea why you guys even bother to argue with this man. It never matters to him when he is proven wrong about something. You are basically talking to a wall with an alternative facts checklist.
Wouldn't the people who have been proven wrong be those who said Trump would be impeached in 2017 or 2018?
What alternative facts? Your post is big on talk, really short on specifics.

So, basically, describing yourself.
I didn't predict Trump's demise in 2017 or 2018. 39% of the people who responded did.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #2479 on: December 24, 2018, 08:36:18 AM »
He's a petulant child playing adult politics with real-life consequences.
And yet life goes on. Shows you how much government is overrated.

Most people [on the right and left] are angry because Trump has unilaterally decided on troop withdrawal. Hell, he even pissed off his usual faithful of Fox News.

It's clear that Trump knows nothing about military strategy or organization. Even the intelligence community needs to dumb down their daily intelligence reports because Cadet Bone Spurs doesn't understand what he's reading.

Your argument is "Other people are telling me it's bad to pull out, therefore it's bad."

I don't have access to the information, and the fact is that the Pentagon and our intel communities like to keep us in as many conflicts as possible to keep the money train coming. By all accounts ISIS is on the run and that is primarily to Russian-Syrian efforts and that the big issue is the regional powers of the region and their usual games with each other. In such a case, it might well be best for us not to have troops there.

See, this is where Trump's lies (that you endorse so freely) are so damaging. Trump justifies pulling out of Syria because ISIS has been defeated--basically eradicated from Syria.  A month ago, his own Pentagon estimated 10,000 to 15,000 ISIS combatants in Syria.  So, is that anti-trump hysteria or just pro-facts reasonableness?!?
ISIS was at near total defeat back in May.
http://studies.aljazeera.net/en/reports/2018/05/100-percent-defeat-isis-ideology-180508042421376.html

Always take Pentagon estimates with a grain of salt. When they're fighting a war, they puff up casualty counts and reduced enemy strength. When it comes to pullouts or deployments, they always inflate the numbers to justify action and getting more men and resources. Duh. Anyone with a clue about how governments and the military work when it comes to budgets and estimates would know to take those numbers with a grain of salt.

leaving our allies and the Kurds up the Erdogan creek without a paddle? No.
That issue goes well beyond Trump. Name one President who hasn't left the Kurds up a creek without a paddle.

Is Trump an Erdogan puppet or a Saudi puppet? Which are you claiming this week?

I know the Middle East is far too complex for someone like me to comprehend, but at least I don't think it's about Bill Kristol and reflexive anti-Trumpism. 
Actually, in your case, it's pretty clearly reflexive anti-Trumpism.

Yeah, because that's actually what anyone is saying … Since, y'know, isolationist and progressive are basically the same thing ...
I never said they were the same thing. No one is saying that directly. They're just supporting it using different words because of cognitive dissonance. Their brains can't reconcile their dislike of Trump with what they think should be done in the Middle East and so you get this spastic response.

Wait, how many do we get to choose?
They can't all be simultaneously true. Yet depending on the outrage of the day, they are believed to be true by the anti-Trump crowd. That's a sign of bad reasoning at best, mental illness at worst.