March 25, 2019, 05:36:13 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: When will Trump be impeached?  (Read 225356 times)

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
Re: When will Trump be impeached?
« Reply #2360 on: November 11, 2018, 05:25:50 PM »
Was it reasonable to revoke Jim Acosta's press pass? I think he was intentionally provoking Trump and now he gets to be the "victim".

"He thinks he's the Rosa Parks of the press corps."

Posting doctored propaganda is seriously some Stalinist-level shit. Congrats redcaps, you've gone full Stalinist.

Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM

Trump is a liar and a con man.

Offline Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2361 on: November 11, 2018, 07:57:58 PM »
Anyways getting back on topic, now that Trump has just fired Sessions it'll be interesting to see if and how Mueller responds.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/07/jeff-sessions-fired-us-attorney-general

Can anyone else imagine Sessions being called as another witness in an obstruction of justice charge against Trump?
After all, why was he fired?

"I fired him because he's against decriminalizing weed and prison reform. Two issues I've quite publicly supported, you know when I had the biggest rapper from the most famous celebrity family over to the White House."

So much for your obstruction charge.

Biggest load of BS. Sessions' resignation letter isn't even dated suggesting Trump was just waiting to change the news cycle after the Midterms.

Of course it's BS. However it's plausibly deniable and therefore avoids any legal charges.

Look up "constructive discharge".

Offline Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2362 on: November 11, 2018, 08:51:41 PM »
Poor little Trumpy disrespecting veterans because he doesn't want to get wet.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #2363 on: November 12, 2018, 05:29:47 AM »
Seems to apply mostly to employees of protected classes, not for a political position where the person is at odds with his boss over policy.

Offline Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2364 on: November 12, 2018, 05:58:37 AM »
Seems to apply mostly to employees of protected classes, not for a political position where the person is at odds with his boss over policy.

No, it applies to people who "resigned" when they were essentially fired.

"Policy" of committing obstruction, you mean?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 07:32:26 AM by Mr C »

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2365 on: November 12, 2018, 08:32:15 AM »
Was it reasonable to revoke Jim Acosta's press pass? I think he was intentionally provoking Trump and now he gets to be the "victim".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRms-9_RMGk

Posting doctored propaganda is seriously some Stalinist-level shit. Congrats redcaps, you've gone full Stalinist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEGFaOeUm2A
It doesn’t make much of a difference if the video is watched at normal speed. Only when it is slowed down and analyzed frame by frame do some possible irregularities become apparent. Regardless, Acosta forcefully pushed the intern away when she came to take his mike. He had already asked plenty of questions at that point but did not want to let another journalist take a turn. Trump rightfully called out his rude behavior.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #2366 on: November 12, 2018, 09:12:34 AM »
No, it applies to people who "resigned" when they were essentially fired.

"Policy" of committing obstruction, you mean?

Right, but I think in order to have standing, it applies to people who were members of protected classes. I'm no expert but that's what I gathered both from wiki and a legal site I checked. However, I admittedly just gave it a once over but I think for people who weren't fired for some sort of discriminatory reason, they have to have some other criteria beyond "They just made my workplace suck."

The problem is that Sessions himself has to be the wrong who files the suit. Furthermore, I'm not sure how what would be a civil matter would become part of a criminal complaint.

Offline Andyman

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2367 on: November 12, 2018, 09:53:05 AM »

It doesn’t make much of a difference if the video is watched at normal speed. Only when it is slowed down and analyzed frame by frame do some possible irregularities become apparent. Regardless, Acosta forcefully pushed the intern away when she came to take his mike. He had already asked plenty of questions at that point but did not want to let another journalist take a turn. Trump rightfully called out his rude behavior.

Thank goodness for polite and respectful men like Donald Trump, calling out all this rude behavior.

Dude, take a look at yourself. You are defending the fact the nation's most elevated institution disseminated a doctored video to claim a version of the truth other than the one based in objective reality. If they aren't lying, why not just use the real video? Why use one from a website that for years propagated the idea that a handful of Republicans were responsible for 9/11 (and every other terrorist attack until Obama became president, when Muslims suddenly became a threat)? We know that you want to defend your hero, but sometimes you can also just admit that he's not perfect, nor is his communications team, and acknowledge that pushing doctored videos to defend a lie is fundamentally wrong. It's probably not going to make Republicans switch sides, but it might prevent you from looking like someone with an utterly scrambled sense of morality and a disturbingly loose grip on reality.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 09:58:16 AM by Andyman »

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #2368 on: November 12, 2018, 10:58:51 AM »
Thank goodness for polite and respectful men like Donald Trump, calling out all this rude behavior.

Dude, take a look at yourself. You are defending the fact the nation's most elevated institution disseminated a doctored video to claim a version of the truth other than the one based in objective reality. If they aren't lying, why not just use the real video? Why use one from a website that for years propagated the idea that a handful of Republicans were responsible for 9/11 (and every other terrorist attack until Obama became president, when Muslims suddenly became a threat)? We know that you want to defend your hero, but sometimes you can also just admit that he's not perfect, nor is his communications team, and acknowledge that pushing doctored videos to defend a lie is fundamentally wrong. It's probably not going to make Republicans switch sides, but it might prevent you from looking like someone with an utterly scrambled sense of morality and a disturbingly loose grip on reality.

Some points-
1. Like I said in another thread, this video probably made its way around twitter before someone noticed a verified user shared it, did a cursory examination where it "looked real enough" or came from someone "reliable enough" and then shared it. Get used to it. It's the 21st century. Yeah it shouldn't have happened, but that's just how things will be.
2. The degree to which they differ is significant but it's not 'Rock Bottom' level.
3. This issue is just a circus for both CNN and the White House. It's crocodile tears by Acosta on his pass getting yanked for a few days. It's crocodile tears by the White House over the "hands laid on the staffer" and all of that.
4. If this had been a FOXNews reporter asking Obama questions, the left-wing media would be howling about toxic masculinity. White Privilige. Accuse the reporter of being a sexist who thinks men get to do what they want and a bunch of other SJW nonsense.
5. The media are like cops. 99% do a great job under pressing circumstances. But there are those that are corrupt and just like cops, they circle the wagons, pretend there isn't a problem, and put on this 'holier-than-thou' front about what noble souls they are, even though everyone knows they're a bought out POS. You know why Hannity wins? Because he doesn't pretend he is anything but a bought out POS.
6. No, the media is not in danger and Trump is not violating the 1st Amendment. Give me a fricking break. 

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #2369 on: November 12, 2018, 10:51:44 PM »

Some points-
1. Like I said in another thread, this video probably made its way around twitter before someone noticed a verified user shared it, did a cursory examination where it "looked real enough" or came from someone "reliable enough" and then shared it. Get used to it. It's the 21st century. Yeah it shouldn't have happened, but that's just how things will be.
2. The degree to which they differ is significant but it's not 'Rock Bottom' level.
3. This issue is just a circus for both CNN and the White House. It's crocodile tears by Acosta on his pass getting yanked for a few days. It's crocodile tears by the White House over the "hands laid on the staffer" and all of that.
4. If this had been a FOXNews reporter asking Obama questions, the left-wing media would be howling about toxic masculinity. White Privilige. Accuse the reporter of being a sexist who thinks men get to do what they want and a bunch of other SJW nonsense.
5. The media are like cops. 99% do a great job under pressing circumstances. But there are those that are corrupt and just like cops, they circle the wagons, pretend there isn't a problem, and put on this 'holier-than-thou' front about what noble souls they are, even though everyone knows they're a bought out POS. You know why Hannity wins? Because he doesn't pretend he is anything but a bought out POS.
6. No, the media is not in danger and Trump is not violating the 1st Amendment. Give me a fricking break.
Complete and utter BS.

Offline Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2370 on: November 13, 2018, 04:43:48 PM »

"Forcefully pushed"?  That is absurd.  At worst, he brushed against her arm while gesturing.  He immediately said "Pardon me, ma'am."  There is nothing forceful about it.

Yes, he asked his question.  But he didn't get an answer, so ...

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #2371 on: November 14, 2018, 09:51:14 AM »

No he didn't.

I'm rightfully calling out your lying.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #2372 on: November 14, 2018, 10:44:49 AM »
"Forcefully pushed"?  That is absurd.  At worst, he brushed against her arm while gesturing.  He immediately said "Pardon me, ma'am."  There is nothing forceful about it.

I agree on this. Like I said, I've seen Neymar dives that have had more forceful contact than that. At the same time, spare me the histrionics about the poor oppressed Jim Acosta.

Crocodile tears all around.

Offline Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2373 on: November 14, 2018, 11:18:19 AM »

I agree on this. Like I said, I've seen Neymar dives that have had more forceful contact than that. At the same time, spare me the histrionics about the poor oppressed Jim Acosta.

Crocodile tears all around.

Jim Acosta asks the hard questions. It's not his fault that Trump and his cohorts lie or evade answering.

How many press folk had their WH credentials removed during the Obama Administration?

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #2374 on: November 14, 2018, 11:29:52 AM »
Jim Acosta asks the hard questions. It's not his fault that Trump and his cohorts lie or evade answering.

How many press folk had their WH credentials removed during the Obama Administration?
Jim Acosta grandstands. Even many on the left knows he's grandstanding. Helen Thomas he is not.

All WH press secretaries evade. The entire thing is a circus and the only time you get substantive answers is when the news cycle brings up a "non-partisan" issue, usually relating to some kind of infrastructure or national security issue. Why do you think Raghubir Goyal is given a press pass and has been 'used' by administrations, Dem and Rep, since the Clinton years?

Trump -1, Obama 0. Fine you win. That means Trump is Hitler. The Free Press is dead in America because Jim Acosta isn't there.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #2375 on: November 15, 2018, 03:41:29 AM »

Jim Acosta grandstands. Even many on the left knows he's grandstanding. Helen Thomas he is not.

All WH press secretaries evade. The entire thing is a circus and the only time you get substantive answers is when the news cycle brings up a "non-partisan" issue, usually relating to some kind of infrastructure or national security issue. Why do you think Raghubir Goyal is given a press pass and has been 'used' by administrations, Dem and Rep, since the Clinton years?

Trump -1, Obama 0. Fine you win. That means Trump is Hitler. The Free Press is dead in America because Jim Acosta isn't there.
They can smell that red herring in Timbuktu.

Online Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #2376 on: November 17, 2018, 01:32:50 PM »

I guess if you keep playing that scratched record you might eventually find someone other than yourself typing it! :laugh:

Anyways as much he would prefer to avoid the likes of Jim Acosta it looks as though due process has prevailed this time, as will the rule of law eventually for Trump.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/judge-orders-white-house-to-return-cnn-reporter-jim-acostas-press-pass-a3992441.html

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #2377 on: November 18, 2018, 01:57:08 PM »
Anyways as much he would prefer to avoid the likes of Jim Acosta it looks as though due process has prevailed this time, as will the rule of law eventually for Trump.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/judge-orders-white-house-to-return-cnn-reporter-jim-acostas-press-pass-a3992441.html
He can just not call on him.

Online Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #2378 on: November 18, 2018, 08:44:13 PM »

He could, if he had impulse control, but he seldom does press conferences anyways, and has the memory of a fruit fly.  :laugh:
It'll be the job of his chief propagandist( Sara Huck.....) to ignore Acosta.

Anyways, I wonder how long she'll last in the job?
 She might hold out until the bunker and his eventual suicide pact :laugh:!

OMG  ;D
Someone, other than you, finally almost said it!   

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #2379 on: November 22, 2018, 05:31:52 AM »

He could, if he had impulse control, but he seldom does press conferences anyways, and has the memory of a fruit fly.  :laugh:
It'll be the job of his chief propagandist( Sara Huck.....) to ignore Acosta.

Anyways, I wonder how long she'll last in the job?
 She might hold out until the bunker and his eventual suicide pact :laugh:!

OMG  ;D
Someone, other than you, finally almost said it!
The bunker on which hole on which golf course?