December 11, 2018, 09:35:44 PM

Author Topic: When will Trump be impeached?  (Read 196836 times)

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
Re: When will Trump be impeached?
« Reply #1960 on: June 27, 2018, 10:18:38 AM »
A Harley-Davidson should never be built in another country-never! Their employees and customers are already very angry at them. If they move, watch, it will be the beginning of the end - they surrendered, they quit! The Aura will be gone and they will be taxed like never before!

Trump is thinking of hitting Harley with a tax that doesn't exist?

Early this year Harley-Davidson said they would move much of their plant operations in Kansas City to Thailand. That was long before Tariffs were announced. Hence, they were just using Tariffs/Trade War as an excuse. Shows how unbalanced & unfair trade is, but we will fix it.....

No, they were going to move some plant operations to Thailand -pre-trade war.  His understanding of macro-economics is terrible.  You just gave Harley more incentive to do it, dickhead. 

....We are getting other countries to reduce and eliminate tariffs and trade barriers that have been unfairly used for years against our farmers, workers and companies. We are opening up closed markets and expanding our footprint. They must play fair or they will pay tariffs!

You're not expanding your footprint, you're pissing off long time allies, in some ridiculous idea you're going to win an unwinnable trade war.

....We are finishing our study of Tariffs on cars from the E.U. in that they have long taken advantage of the U.S. in the form of Trade Barriers and Tariffs. In the end it will all even out - and it won’t take very long!

So basically, Trump is trying to take down Harley Davidson a 115-year American firm, while saving a Chinese espionage/telecom firm?
Funny thing is, HD already had plants in Brazil and India and were planning to put one in Thailand when trump started using them in his campaign--he used them as an example of a "great American company" several times.

The guy never knows what he's talking about and now that he's been caught with his pants down, he wants to spank the other guy.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #1961 on: June 29, 2018, 09:22:21 AM »
Multiple shooting in Annapolis, in a media news outlet.

Not surprised by US shootings anymore.

What motives given by the shooter will be eye-opening, given Trump's repeated attacks on the media. 

Prior to departing Wisconsin, I was briefed on the shooting at Capital Gazette in Annapolis, Maryland. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families. Thank you to all of the First Responders who are currently on the scene.

:rolleyes:

Turns out it has nothing to do with Trump.

Online Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1962 on: June 29, 2018, 09:45:32 AM »

What motives given by the shooter will be eye-opening, given Trump's repeated attacks on the media. 

Prior to departing Wisconsin, I was briefed on the shooting at Capital Gazette in Annapolis, Maryland. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families. Thank you to all of the First Responders who are currently on the scene.

Cite?

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #1963 on: June 29, 2018, 09:58:42 AM »

Cite?

Shooter had an ongoing dispute with the paper dating back to 2011

https://www.mdcourts.gov/sites/default/files/import/appellate/unreportedopinions/2015/2281s13.pdf

Online Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1964 on: June 29, 2018, 02:31:22 PM »

Cite?

https://www.mdcourts.gov/sites/default/files/import/appellate/unreportedopinions/2015/2281s13.pdf

Thank you.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1965 on: June 30, 2018, 12:03:04 AM »

Cite?

trump's attacks on the media--"our greatest enemy"--may have pushed him over the edge. Why after all this time go postal?

That said, it CERTAINLY demonstrates the need for better gun control in the US, as well as better mental health care. We need to vote out politicians who are in the pocket of the NRA, which is complicit in these mass shootings, and vote for ones who are going to make America truly safer.

Prayers ain't gonna cut it. I'd guess the five murdered were praying a lot more fervently than trumpy ever has.

This and opioid addiction are the real crises in the US.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #1966 on: June 30, 2018, 08:57:00 AM »
trump's attacks on the media--"our greatest enemy"--may have pushed him over the edge. Why after all this time go postal?
The same reason as everyone else who went postal before Trump- long-simmering anger finally boiled over.

Do you seriously think a guy utterly obsessed with his defamation suit, listened to Trump and suddenly went "Well, I guess it's okay for me to go shoot the media now!". Give me a break.

He used a shotgun. I guess we have to ban shotguns now. So much for Joe Biden and his "fire a couple of blasts in the air"

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1967 on: June 30, 2018, 11:19:14 AM »
The same reason as everyone else who went postal before Trump- long-simmering anger finally boiled over.

Do you seriously think a guy utterly obsessed with his defamation suit, listened to Trump and suddenly went "Well, I guess it's okay for me to go shoot the media now!". Give me a break.

He used a shotgun. I guess we have to ban shotguns now. So much for Joe Biden and his "fire a couple of blasts in the air"
I don't know; that's why I brought up the possibility.

But I will acknowledge your very personal experience with the mentally ill. And at jumping to conclusions that fit your narrative. And your presumptions of god-like omniscience.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1968 on: June 30, 2018, 10:00:14 PM »
Let's not overlook the NRA re this latest shooting:

The NRA released a video containing a threatening message to journalists warning them "your time is running out" in March. In a video posted on Twitter by NRATV, Ms Loesch tells “every lying member of the media” that they have “had enough”.

Set to a backing track of ominous-sounding guitar music, she appears on screen dressed in black with an hourglass by her side.

“We have had enough of the lies, the sanctimony, the arrogance, the hatred, the pettiness, the fake news. We are done with your agenda to undermine voters' will and individual liberty in America.”

“So to every lying member of the media, to every Hollywood phoney, to the role model athletes who use their free speech to alter and undermine what our flag represents.

"To the politicians who would rather watch America burn than lose one ounce of their own personal power, to the late night posts that think their opinion is the only opinions that matter.

“To the Joy-Ann Reids, the Morning Joes, the Mikas. To those who stain honest reporting with partisanship. To those who bring bias and propaganda to CNN, The Washington Post and The New York Times… your time is running out. The clock starts now."

And this:

Ms Loesch, who is a spokesperson for the largest gun lobbying group in the US, said: “I’m happy frankly to see them curb-stomped. I mean let's be real about it.”

“These people are just the worst thing that could ever possibly happen to the American political system right now with the way that they cover so many things. Nobody gets a fair shake on policy, no one gets a fair shake where it concerns immigration. They conflate illegal and legal immigration.

“They conflate a number of things – particularly the coverage on gun control. I have so many things that I hate about mainstream media, there is no way we are going to fit it in the allotted time today. They are the rat bastards of the earth. They are the boil on the backside of American politics.”

Journalists in the US have a target on their backs. The US seems to be devolving into a third-world country.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1969 on: July 02, 2018, 11:00:09 AM »

I don't know; that's why I brought up the possibility.

Strange analogy:

I bet if Trump had a long standing problem with ginger-haired people and in his rallies he kept on saying that ginger-haired people were one of the problems in the modern day, I can safely say that violence against ginger-haired people would increase.  The fact he keeps on about how the news is 'fake' and in his rallies he talks about violence against people and groups, that has an effect on some people.  Martin's problem, as usual, is that he doesn't see any grey in this.  He has a black/white way of thinking.  The guy had problems with the paper in the past so that is the only reason that he decided to use violence against them, even though his problems with the paper go back to 2012.  There must be something in the political climate that makes him think it was ok to do this now.  Since Trump has come in and says what the hell he likes in his tweets, (Mexicans are rapists and murderers to name one), others think it's fair game too and they'll get away with it, (Roseanne being an example) but it doesn't work like that.  His words and his actions have ramifications and influence people, no matter how much Martin thinks they don't.  People are not smart, some people can't think for themselves, those are the people that Trump is trying to influence the most. He lies constantly, but it doesn't matter to the 'poorly-educated' because they don't bother with the facts, they just believe what is pumped into their brains from the tv.  This is before we get back onto the gun debate, again......
To paraphrase George Carlin, think how stupid the average American is and then think about all those less than average ones.

Online Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #1970 on: July 04, 2018, 05:01:45 AM »
More evidence of collusion between the Chump campaign and Russians.

Russian charged with Trump’s ex-campaign chief is key figure

The records show that Kilimnik participated in an early Manafort plan to influence Western politicians and media outlets. Officially, the project — known as Eurasia21 — would offer news and expertise on former Soviet states. Unofficially, it would be a propaganda operation intended to target Washington and European capitals and “train a cadre of leaders who can be relied upon in future governments,” according to one memo.

https://apnews.com/f498ec3fec8c4100b5751beb3bf9b2d0?utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

So the latest inditement is for Kilimnik, the swarmy looking bugger on the left sporting a red tie.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1971 on: July 04, 2018, 05:26:24 AM »
More evidence of collusion between the Chump campaign and Russians.

Russian charged with Trump’s ex-campaign chief is key figure

The records show that Kilimnik participated in an early Manafort plan to influence Western politicians and media outlets. Officially, the project — known as Eurasia21 — would offer news and expertise on former Soviet states. Unofficially, it would be a propaganda operation intended to target Washington and European capitals and “train a cadre of leaders who can be relied upon in future governments,” according to one memo.

https://apnews.com/f498ec3fec8c4100b5751beb3bf9b2d0?utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

So the latest inditement is for Kilimnik, the swarmy looking bugger on the left sporting a red tie.

Don't forget the Brexit guys. Evidence is mounting against them as well and they were connected to t's campaign.

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1972 on: July 04, 2018, 10:43:55 AM »
"WASHINGTON—The Trump administration will begin directing schools and colleges to adopt race-neutral admissions standards, the Education Department said Tuesday, reversing Obama-era guidelines that encouraged the use of race to promote diversity."
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-administration-to-rescind-obama-era-guidelines-on-race-in-college-admissions-1530619273

"The Trump administration is trying to make it easier for banks, landlords and insurance companies to discriminate against minority homeowners and tenants. Anna Maria Farías, an assistant secretary at HUD, is asking for comments on possible revisions that could 'add clarity' and 'reduce uncertainty' on a HUD rule based on a legal theory the Obama administration and its predecessors used to prove discrimination cases. The theory, 'disparate impact analysis,' measures discrimination, such as African-Americans paying higher interest rates on loans, without having to prove an intent to discriminate."
https://www.salon.com/2018/07/02/trump-administration-now-has-fair-housing-in-its-sights_partner/

"As the national immigration debate swirls around the effort to discourage illegal immigration by separating families at the border, the Trump administration is making inroads into another longtime priority: reducing legal immigration.... Among the most affected are the Muslim-majority countries on the president’s travel ban list — Yemen, Syria, Iran, Libya and Somalia — where the number of new arrivals to the United States is heading toward an 81 percent drop by Sept. 30, the end of the second fiscal year under Trump."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/how-trump-is-changing-the-face-of-legal-immigration/2018/07/02/477c78b2-65da-11e8-99d2-0d678ec08c2f_story.html

Trump: the gift that keeps on giving.

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1973 on: July 04, 2018, 11:11:29 AM »
There is a real possibility that Roe v. Wade could be overturned after Trump replaces Justice Kennedy with someone who is more conservative.

"Kennedy, who was a pivotal swing vote in some of the most controversial rulings of the past 30 years, consistently upheld abortion rights during his tenure. But President Donald Trump campaigned on a promise to select Supreme Court nominees who would 'automatically' overturn Roe v. Wade, the landmark 1973 ruling that established the constitutional right to an abortion."
http://time.com/5325124/justice-anthony-kennedy-supreme-court-roe-v-wade-overturned/

How about gay marriage too? Both issues would be better handled by the states.

donovan

« Reply #1974 on: July 04, 2018, 11:20:53 AM »

Like voting rights?

Susan Collins has said that she won't vote for anyone who doesn't strongly support of abortion rights. Sounds like Lisa Murkowski might also be hard to convince if the nominee is too far right on the issue. The problem is Democrats are not guaranteed to vote as a bloc on this one.

Anyways, medical advances may soon allow us to move beyond this as a wedge issue.

'Bulwark Against an Abortion Ban? Medical Advances'
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/01/science/abortion-supreme-court-trump.html

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #1975 on: July 04, 2018, 12:26:36 PM »

Like voting rights?

Susan Collins has said that she won't vote for anyone who doesn't strongly support of abortion rights. Sounds like Lisa Murkowski might also be hard to convince if the nominee is too far right on the issue. The problem is Democrats are not guaranteed to vote as a bloc on this one.

Anyways, medical advances may soon allow us to move beyond this as a wedge issue.

'Bulwark Against an Abortion Ban? Medical Advances'
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/01/science/abortion-supreme-court-trump.html
Yup. Tech seems like something that could make abortion pretty much a moot point in 10-20 years.

Anyways, I think fears of the U.S. suddenly banning abortion and it turning into the Handmaid's Tale are overblown. Add it to another in a long list of "Apocalyptic Doom" predictions regarding Trump that have or will fail to come true.

donovan

« Reply #1976 on: July 04, 2018, 06:45:14 PM »
Maybe the US could take a page from Korea on the issue. Make it broadly illegal to placate the Lifers, widely available and exceedingly safe to placate the Choicers (and the Lifers who would like personal exemptions). Is anyone ever prosecuted for abortions here?  In other words, make it just like Korean street parking!

Who am I kidding; Americans are too insane for compromise.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1977 on: July 04, 2018, 11:56:42 PM »
Maybe the US could take a page from Korea on the issue. Make it broadly illegal to placate the Lifers, widely available and exceedingly safe to placate the Choicers (and the Lifers who would like personal exemptions). Is anyone ever prosecuted for abortions here?  In other words, make it just like Korean street parking!

Who am I kidding; Americans are too insane for compromise.
Speaking of insanity:

As a meeting last August in the Oval Office to discuss sanctions on Venezuela was concluding, President Donald Trump turned to his top aides and asked an unsettling question: With a fast unraveling Venezuela threatening regional security, why can't the U.S. just simply invade the troubled country?

The suggestion stunned those present at the meeting, including U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and national security adviser H.R. McMaster, both of whom have since left the administration. This account of the previously undisclosed conversation comes from a senior administration official familiar with what was said.

No wonder he considers Crimea Russian.

donovan

« Reply #1978 on: July 06, 2018, 07:48:21 AM »
Finally, that arrogant shit-bag Pruitt has gone.   (unrelenting attacks)  :laugh:

I have accepted the resignation of Scott Pruitt as the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency. Within the Agency Scott has done an outstanding job, and I will always be thankful to him for this. The Senate confirmed Deputy at EPA, Andrew Wheeler, will......on Monday assume duties as the acting Administrator of the EPA. I have no doubt that Andy will continue on with our great and lasting EPA agenda. We have made tremendous progress and the future of the EPA is very bright!

Trump may think the EPA future looks bright, but now having a former coal lobbyist, will darken the 'bright' skies soon enough.

Good grief, that took long enough, but I'm glad that circus has finally pulled up the stakes. Too bad his wife never got that Chik-a-Filet franchise or six-figure fund raising gig they were after; I wonder how they're going to pay for ensuing legal fees. Yeah, acting administrator is a former coal lobbyist, and that's just the interim!

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1979 on: July 06, 2018, 08:04:46 AM »
Finally, that arrogant shit-bag Pruitt has gone.   (unrelenting attacks)  :laugh:

I have accepted the resignation of Scott Pruitt as the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency. Within the Agency Scott has done an outstanding job, and I will always be thankful to him for this. The Senate confirmed Deputy at EPA, Andrew Wheeler, will......on Monday assume duties as the acting Administrator of the EPA. I have no doubt that Andy will continue on with our great and lasting EPA agenda. We have made tremendous progress and the future of the EPA is very bright!

Trump may think the EPA future looks bright, but now having a former coal lobbyist, will darken the 'bright' skies soon enough.

Another swamp monster gone but yet many still remain including Agent Orange.