December 13, 2018, 11:10:54 PM

Author Topic: When will Trump be impeached?  (Read 198788 times)

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
Re: When will Trump be impeached?
« Reply #1880 on: June 05, 2018, 11:42:03 AM »
I don't stand shoulder to shoulder with racists and white nationalists.

Yes you do. You have said so in many of your posts.

Zola, I have never reported a comment to a moderator because I believe in allowing banter and think there should be really broad guidelines for speech.

This isn't acceptable.

Either provide a quote or change the post to make clear you're taking the piss out of me (a simple emoji, and I won't have a problem), or delete it. If not, I will flag it. I really don't want to. I'd be happy for you to claim I'm a racist and white nationalist and all that- as long as its done in the tone of banter.
I don't believe that. Maybe not on this forum but certainly on dave's.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1881 on: June 06, 2018, 01:22:56 AM »
Donald Trump has disinvited the Philadelphia Eagles, the 2018 Super Bowl winners, from a planned White House celebration, escalating his clash with American athletes over protests during the national anthem.

The football team was “unable to come to the White House” on Tuesday, he said in a statement released late Monday night, adding: “They disagree with their President because he insists that they proudly stand for the National Anthem, hand on heart, in honor of the great men and women of our military and the people of our country.”

Trump’s announcement came after a number of players had said they planned to shun the White House visit. Three of those players – safety Malcolm Jenkins, defensive end Chris Long and receiver Torrey Smith – are part of a group that publicly supported Colin Kaepernick, the NFL player who kneeled during the national anthem to protest racial inequality.

Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie reportedly did not want to put his staff in an uncomfortable position over whether to meet the president or not and ultimately decided to send a small contingent to the White House. Had the visit gone forward, fewer than 10 players were expected to attend, according to the NFL Network.

In the president’s statement, Trump rejected the offer to send a smaller delegation, saying the “1,000 fans planning to attend the event deserve better”. Trump said the fans were still invited to the White House “to be part of a different type of ceremony – one that will honor our great country, pay tribute to the heroes who fight to protect it, and loudly and proudly play the National Anthem.”

Late Monday night, Trump weighed in on Twitter: “The Philadelphia Eagles Football Team was invited to the White House. Unfortunately, only a small number of players decided to come, and we canceled the event. Staying in the Locker Room for the playing of our National Anthem is as disrespectful to our country as kneeling. Sorry!”

Despite Trump’s statement, Jenkins and Long were not skipping the White House ceremony solely because of the president’s position that athletes should not be allowed to protest during the national anthem.

The players have long been advocates of criminal justice reform and have criticized the administration’s policies on policing and racial inequality. Jenkins has said he would “definitely consider” meeting with the president if the visit included a serious discussion of criminal justice reform.

“No one refused to go simply because Trump ‘insists’ folks stand for the anthem,” the former Eagles receiver Torrey Smith said on Twitter. He said the president’s statement was riddled with “lies”.

“There are a lot of people on the team that have plenty of different views,” Smith said on Twitter. “The men and women that wanted to go should’ve been able to go. It’s a cowardly act to cancel the celebration because the majority of the people don’t want to see you. To make it about the anthem is foolish.”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jun/04/trump-calls-off-philadelphia-eagles-visit-white-house

Ohhhh, what a baby, and completely unsurprising.
It's my party (or was until you said you might not come) and I'll cry if I want to,
Cry if I want to,
Cry if I want to.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1882 on: June 08, 2018, 10:40:44 PM »
Trump doesn't really want to go to Canada to meet with the G7 leaders because they'll lecture him about being a nobend and ask him hard questions about Iran and trade.  All mouth and no trousers seems to be the expression we're looking for here.  He'd rather concentrate on his meeting with KJE, which he doesn't need to prepare for, because it'll all be about 'attitude'.  What a guy!  What a leader!
He's leaving early. If you can't take the heat, you gotta get outta the kitchen.

Is he Putin's tool? Putin claims he's speaks to trump quite often by phone. Is he giving him his marching orders, like trying to get russia back in to the G-7?

But what a guy. He insults our allies while complimenting the "honorable" dictator Kim Jong Un. And he's so smart, yet he didn't know who burned down the WH in the War of 1812.

And how about Nikki Haley not getting one vote at the UN? I guess threats don't work.

Online Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #1883 on: June 11, 2018, 09:25:23 AM »
Apparently he rates his relationships with the likes of Trudeau and Merkel as a 10.  :laugh:

Offline Chester Jim

• Expert Waygook
  • Getter Done
« Reply #1884 on: June 11, 2018, 09:53:20 AM »
I didn’t know that you could be impeached for being late to a meeting  :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 10:41:27 AM by Chester Jim »
Bonzai!

donovan

« Reply #1885 on: June 11, 2018, 11:42:22 AM »
I didn’t know that you could be impeached for being late to a meeting  :rolleyes:

Impeachment is a political proceeding, so I would think dismantling the Western alliance could well be factored in.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #1886 on: June 11, 2018, 01:36:23 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/10/justin-trudeau-donald-trump-tariffs-g7-north-korea-summit

I don't even know where to begin with this.  He arrives late for the summit, late for some of the meetings and then leaves early before the discussions about the environment.  Fob off all your allies, just so you don't 'lose face'.  How very Asian of him (and before Martin pops in with the 'saving face' thing, it started in China many moons ago).

Says it all.  This is what happens when a boy tries to play with adults.   :rolleyes:

Trump left early because he's trying to negotiate an end to one of the last vestiges of the Cold War. Something Germany could never do.

As for Germany, we helped rebuild the country and are footing the bill for their defense. We can renegotiate trade deals. What have they done exactly to help us out lately?

Also, nice job of making it racial. But Trump's the one using racist language.  :rolleyes:

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1887 on: June 11, 2018, 08:17:57 PM »
The meeting’s central disagreements were over tariffs that Trump has imposed for false reasons. He claims that he’s merely responding to other countries. But the average current tariff of the United States, Britain, Germany and France is identical, according to the World Bank: 1.6 percent. Japan’s is 1.4 percent, and Canada’s is 0.8 percent. Yes, every country has a few objectionable tariffs, but they’re small — and the United States is not a victim here.

So Trump isn’t telling the truth about trade, much as he has lied about Barack Obama’s birthplace, his own position on the Iraq War, his inauguration crowd, voter fraud, the murder rate, Mexican immigrants, the Russia investigation, the Stormy Daniels hush money and several hundred other subjects. The tariffs aren’t a case of his identifying a real problem but describing it poorly. He is threatening the Atlantic alliance over a lie.

If you need more evidence, look at his tweets after leaving the summit. Close readers of Trump’s Twitter feed (and I don’t envy that title) have learned that he often accuses others of committing his own sins. On Saturday, he called Justin Trudeau, Canada’s prime minister, “very dishonest.”

Vote Democrat in November!

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #1888 on: June 12, 2018, 09:04:15 AM »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/10/justin-trudeau-donald-trump-tariffs-g7-north-korea-summit

I don't even know where to begin with this.  He arrives late for the summit, late for some of the meetings and then leaves early before the discussions about the environment.  Fob off all your allies, just so you don't 'lose face'.  How very Asian of him (and before Martin pops in with the 'saving face' thing, it started in China many moons ago).

Says it all.  This is what happens when a boy tries to play with adults.   :rolleyes:

Trump left early because he's trying to negotiate an end to one of the last vestiges of the Cold War. Something Germany could never do.

As for Germany, we helped rebuild the country and are footing the bill for their defense. We can renegotiate trade deals. What have they done exactly to help us out lately?

Also, nice job of making it racial. But Trump's the one using racist language.  :rolleyes:

I didn't say 'lose face', Kudlow did.  'Lose face' is an Asian creation, we went through this ages ago, Martin.  'Losing face' isn't a reason for a westerner agreeing on something with people and then ten minutes later, when you're not with those people, changing your mind, and even worse calling them 'weak' and having a go at them.  That's just shitty and childish.  International Relations 101, it is not.   

North Korea is only being met with because they have nuclear capability, which is a new thing, you knew that right?  South Korea, China, Sweden and Russia have all met with North Korean officials so far.  I'd be more worried from a 'deal' POV that China and Russia have already poked their heads in, if you're wanting to cite the Cold War.  Anyway, North Korea isn't threatening Germany, why should they try and have a meeting with them?  Bush, Clinton or Obama didn't meet with any of the Kims because they were of no threat, so actually meeting face-to-face with a bloody dictator would be a sign that you are legitimising the dictatorship.  North Korea, as they were of no threat, couldn't give anything to previous American presidents, hence there was no reason for meeting.  It's just a handy false threat for Trump to use to try and boost his zero popularity with the 'educated' and the nodding, whooping support of his 'poorly educated' base.  It'll be great propaganda for both of them, it's a shame and entirely understandable that Trump can't sit down with adults the same way he tries to sit down with dictators.

North Korea wasn't a threat under Bush/Obama? North Korea's first nuclear test was in 2006 and 4 more were conducted under Obama.

Nuclear weapons legitimizes North Korea, not meeting with them. That's just a dumb liberal talking point to try and poo-poo Trump. Obama's Iran deal didn't "legitimize" Iran. Iran was already legitimate by virtue of having a grip on power. We're not talking some rebel band in the hills.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1889 on: June 12, 2018, 10:29:38 PM »
Trump got snookered, as expected. Made concessions, recognized Kim and NK and got nothing but a photo op in return.

He got a lot less than the prior negotiations that he so criticized. As for human rights: Trump acknowledged that human rights in North Korea constituted a “rough situation,” but quickly added that “it’s rough in a lot of places, by the way.” (Note that a 2014 United Nations report stated that North Korean human rights violations do “not have any parallel in the contemporary world.”) "A lot of places," like the US if trump gets his way?

His praise of kim, coupled with this criticism of our allies, makes it look more and more like bone spurs belongs to putin. In fact, that's what merkel was telling trump in that now (in)famous photo:

"What's vladimir got on you? Tell us, and we can help."

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1890 on: June 15, 2018, 11:24:05 AM »
Sarah Sanders, the White House press secretary, invoked the Bible to defend the Trump administration’s immigration policy of separating mothers from their children.

She was speaking at Thursday’s White House briefing, in response to a question about comments made by the attorney general Jeff Sessions, where he cited a passage in the Bible to justify the policy.

“I would cite you to the Apostle Paul and his clear and wise command in Romans 13 to obey the laws of the government because God has ordained them for the purpose of order,” said Sessions.

He added: “Orderly and lawful processes are good in themselves and protect the weak and lawful.”

Sanders was asked about Sessions’ statement, and was challenged: “Where does it say in the Bible that’s moral to take children away from mothers?”

Pushing back, Sanders said: “I’m not aware of the attorney general’s comments or what he would be referencing, [but] I can say that it is very biblical to enforce the law. That is repeated throughout the Bible.”

The policy of separating undocumented parents from their children at the border was announced by Sessions in May as part of a “zero-tolerance policy”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/14/sarah-sanders-bible-trump-immigration-border-policy

Hehe, ahhhh, ohhhhh, ouch!  Erm, oh dear. 

In other news...

The attorney general of New York state sued the Donald J Trump charitable foundation, President Trump and three of his children on Thursday for violating state charity laws, alleging that the Trumps used charitable assets as “little more than a checkbook for payments to not-for-profits from Mr Trump” and his companies.

Foundation assets, acquired through tax-deductible donations, were used to settle legal claims against one of Trump’s golf clubs and to buy a painting of Trump to be displayed at another club, the suit alleges.

The lawsuit, filed by the attorney general, Barbara Underwood, on the morning of Trump’s 72nd birthday, seeks $2.8m in restitution and penalties from Trump and asks for the distribution of $1m in assets to other charities.

The lawsuit also seeks to dissolve the Trump Foundation and bar the Trumps from serving on the boards of any charitable organizations – Trump senior for 10 years and three of his children for one year.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/14/trump-charity-sued-latest-new-york-attorney-general-violations

It's just non-stop fun with this administration.
Don't forget the two Brits (both admitted liars) with ties to the Russian ambassador to the UK who were working with trump's campaign.
trump's cancellation of the US-SK military exercises ("They're a waste of money.") fits with his lifelong habit of not paying his debts. He never met a bill he wouldn't avoid at all costs.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #1891 on: June 15, 2018, 12:03:22 PM »
His praise of kim, coupled with this criticism of our allies, makes it look more and more like bone spurs belongs to putin. In fact, that's what merkel was telling trump in that now (in)famous photo:

The concessions by both sides were largely symbolic. We can restart war exercises tomorrow.

"Trump gave Kim a photo op- that legitimizes him"
"Trump's photo de-legitimizes Trump as President!"

Do you think anyone is suddenly going "Trump/Kim got their photo taken with the other? That changes everything!"

Trump praises our allies all the time. You just have selective memory.

donovan

« Reply #1892 on: June 15, 2018, 12:22:43 PM »
The concessions by both sides were largely symbolic...

There was some nice video to come out of the exchange too.

whoops

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #1893 on: June 15, 2018, 03:33:50 PM »
Yes, both sides did this, in spades.  The impoverished masses in North Korea saw their great leader 'shoulder or shoulder'  :undecided: with the American president.  The 'poorly educated' that Trump loves so much, now think they can 'sleep easier' at night.  It was great propaganda for both, thing is, the free press in the west, saw the meeting for what it was.

Funny, no one in Korea outside of some Saenuri die-hards is voicing this complaint. It's only the leftists who regurgitate leftist media that say this.

Abe is contemplating a meeting with Kim as well. Whatever you may think of Trump, if both Moon and Abe are looking at face-to-face talks, it probably means there's more to this than just a photo op.

Anyways, I think you're WAYYYYY overstating the impact of such an image. People who loved Trump would still love him regardless, same with Kim. And the haters didn't have their opinion changed either.

Offline zola

• The Legend
« Reply #1894 on: June 15, 2018, 03:43:09 PM »
Yes, both sides did this, in spades.  The impoverished masses in North Korea saw their great leader 'shoulder or shoulder'  :undecided: with the American president.  The 'poorly educated' that Trump loves so much, now think they can 'sleep easier' at night.  It was great propaganda for both, thing is, the free press in the west, saw the meeting for what it was.

Funny, no one in Korea outside of some Saenuri die-hards is voicing this complaint. It's only the leftists who regurgitate leftist media that say this.

Abe is contemplating a meeting with Kim as well. Whatever you may think of Trump, if both Moon and Abe are looking at face-to-face talks, it probably means there's more to this than just a photo op.

Anyways, I think you're WAYYYYY overstating the impact of such an image. People who loved Trump would still love him regardless, same with Kim. And the haters didn't have their opinion changed either.

Do you admit if Obama had done this exact same thing, the right wing media and base would be absolutely flipping their lids? He would have been accused of and been called every name under sun. What Trump is getting now from the left, but x10.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1895 on: June 15, 2018, 11:12:04 PM »

The concessions by both sides were largely symbolic. We can restart war exercises tomorrow.

"Trump's photo de-legitimizes Trump as President!"

Do you think anyone is suddenly going "Trump/Kim got their photo taken with the other? That changes everything!"

Trump praises our allies all the time. You just have selective memory.
NK is getting around US sanctions as I post. They're setting up new dummy companies to evade the old sanctions that will operate with impunity because no new sanctions are being imposed to stop them.

That's how sanctions work.

When did russia become our ally?

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1896 on: June 15, 2018, 11:13:54 PM »

Do you admit if Obama had done this exact same thing, the right wing media and base would be absolutely flipping their lids? He would have been accused of and been called every name under sun. What Trump is getting now from the left, but x10.
Remember the outrage when Obama bowed in Japan?

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1897 on: June 16, 2018, 01:09:50 AM »
In Iowa, where farmers raise 40 to 50 million pigs annually, President Trump’s tariffs on steel and aluminum from Mexico have already cost producers $560 million, according to an Iowa State University economist. How can that be, you ask. Mexico has threatened countervailing tariffs that include a 20 percent tariff on American pork. That prospect alone sent hog prices tumbling. If you like barbecued ribs, this could be a great summer for you. If you raise the pigs, you may be eating more barbecued beans.

Shortly after tariffs were announced, steel suppliers, no longer as fearful of price competition, began jacking up prices — they’re no fools. That has meant a 40 percent increase since January in the cost of steel for their customers who use it in their finished products, according to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. They can either pass that increase on to you or be less profitable.

The story is the same with aluminum: Brewers are forecasting that they’ll pay $347.7 million more for aluminum cans. That has small craft-beer makers such as Melvin Brewing in Alpine, Wyo., which packages 75 percent of its products in cans, fretting about impending prices rises and the risks of passing them along to consumers. Try not to be bitter about it.

Job losses from the metal tariffs alone could top 400,000, according to an analysis by Trade Partnership Worldwide, a nonpartisan consultancy that supports free trade. So while U.S. Steel can celebrate the restart of two  blast furnaces in Granite City, Ill., and bring back about 800 workers, 7,500 jobs will be lost elsewhere, the consultancy estimates.

Trade wars are easy to win???

Offline Chester Jim

• Expert Waygook
  • Getter Done
« Reply #1898 on: June 16, 2018, 09:23:38 PM »

Impeachment is a political proceeding, so I would think dismantling the Western alliance could well be factored in.

That’s cute.
 Why is renegotiating unfair trade dismantling the western alliance ?

I’d lie to impeach you for stabbing the us in the back.

Anyone can implement tariffs if their surpluses are out of control.  It wasn’t written into gatt and it’s been annexed to the wto. 
Having an industrial policy is not hostile to our allies.   
You need to get in the right team and stop being treasonous.  I know freedom of speech and all but cool it Chomsky :rolleyes:
Bonzai!

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1899 on: June 16, 2018, 11:37:29 PM »

That’s cute.
 Why is renegotiating unfair trade dismantling the western alliance ?

I’d lie to impeach you for stabbing the us in the back.

Anyone can implement tariffs if their surpluses are out of control.  It wasn’t written into gatt and it’s been annexed to the wto. 
Having an industrial policy is not hostile to our allies.   
You need to get in the right team and stop being treasonous.  I know freedom of speech and all but cool it Chomsky :rolleyes:
You got the tense wrong, but points for honesty.