September 21, 2018, 09:55:05 PM

Author Topic: When will Trump be impeached?  (Read 162306 times)

Online gogators!

• The Legend
Re: When will Trump be impeached?
« Reply #1540 on: February 22, 2018, 02:55:50 PM »
They've got to tell a new story to keep getting clicks. Plus the tech writers are taking, dare I say, an elitist view towards the russki campaign.
Thank you for proving my point about the media-driven hysteria about the Russian stuff. They keep yammering on about it to get clicks and they are taking an elitist view that people who voted for Trump did so because they saw a retweet by a bot and suddenly went "That does it, I'm voting for Trump!".

The russki's political technology might not be fancy but it works.

Again, if this Russian propaganda is so effective it changes something like an entire country's attitude towards homosexuality, why doesn't Russia use it to improve their economy? Why aren't they essentially dominating the globe?

Because it's not magic. It's not as effective as you're making it out to be.

The Russian Conspiracy Theory is like other conspiracy theories- relies on the "enemy" having some sort of magical superpowers and being all knowing and all powerful...yet not so powerful that they have to resort to Rube Goldberg-like schemes to pull everything off.
Nope-capitalism is not hysteria. The media is a business.

Propaganda works. It doesn't rely on any magic or Rube Goldberg-like schemes, just tried and true principles. It's a con and people have always fallen for cons, like the idea of trump as deal maker when in fact he was a terrible businessman.

Third-party candidates whom russki operatives supported did much better in 2012 than in 2016. Minority voters who the russkis targeted with anti-hillary bile stayed home rather than vote. Those aren't coincidences.

Your economy argument is a derail. Propaganda can't magically create an economy.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #1541 on: February 22, 2018, 03:07:44 PM »
Propaganda works.

Yes, that's why Clinton and Trump's campaign efforts, as well as those by PACs and the media, produced the result that happened.

Third-party candidates whom russki operatives supported did much better in 2012 than in 2016. Minority voters who the russkis targeted with anti-hillary bile stayed home rather than vote. Those aren't coincidences.

Correlation vs. Causation.

The two candidates were historically unpopular and it was a "change" election. 2012 was an incumbency election. Minority voters stayed home because Obama wasn't on the ticket and underlying dissatisfaction with the Democrats.

Your economy argument is a derail. Propaganda can't magically create an economy.

Propaganda and advertising, if what you're saying is true, certainly can persuade people to purchase products. So why not direct their energy at such matters? Why aren't all companies following the Russian strategy?

Why? Because it's not that effective. What was effective was what the campaigns and the PACs and the media were doing. What Madison Ave. does.

Did any of those ads go viral/get play like Willie Horton or Daisy or John Kerry windsurfing (even my hardcore Dem roommate cracked up at that one)? How about Obama's 'Hope' picture?

Hillary lost because she was tossed like a slab of beef into the back of a van.

Online gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1542 on: February 22, 2018, 04:02:53 PM »
Propaganda works.

Yes, that's why Clinton and Trump's campaign efforts, as well as those by PACs and the media, produced the result that happened.

Correlation vs. Causation.

The two candidates were historically unpopular and it was a "change" election. 2012 was an incumbency election. Minority voters stayed home because Obama wasn't on the ticket and underlying dissatisfaction with the Democrats.

Propaganda and advertising, if what you're saying is true, certainly can persuade people to purchase products. So why not direct their energy at such matters? Why aren't all companies following the Russian strategy?

Why? Because it's not that effective. What was effective was what the campaigns and the PACs and the media were doing. What Madison Ave. does.

Did any of those ads go viral/get play like Willie Horton or Daisy or John Kerry windsurfing (even my hardcore Dem roommate cracked up at that one)? How about Obama's 'Hope' picture?

Hillary lost because she was tossed like a slab of beef into the back of a van.
You can continue to try and derail this but Mueller is still coming down the tracks, right at your boy.

As for advertising, who says they don't? You've never heard of viral advertising? I think you used to promote korean cosmetics via the paid-for testers on youtube. And as I stated already, there are tutorials on the web of how to sell products by capitalizing on the existing algorithms. It ain't the rocket science you claim it is.

The russkis were using more than just ads btw. A lot more.

Online gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1543 on: February 23, 2018, 02:24:14 PM »
The indictments keep coming--we're seeing the money laundering bannon was talking about.

I wonder if monafort isn't making a deal because he's more afraid of his russki business partners than he is of going to jail.

Online Adel

• Super Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #1544 on: February 25, 2018, 05:39:56 AM »

I wonder if monafort isn't making a deal because he's more afraid of his russki business partners than he is of going to jail.
Agreed, life imprisonment might be preferable to a hearty dose of polonium-210.
Another possibility though is he's banking on a pardon from Trump. However you'd expect that Mueller would to be all over that scenario with a list of indictments beyond Trump's federal scope.  Manafort is 68 years old, so maybe it just buys him some more precious time before his eventual imprisonment.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 05:41:57 AM by Adel »

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #1545 on: February 26, 2018, 07:12:11 AM »
Gus Kenworthy (American Athlete)

So proud of all these people! Everybody here has worked so hard to make it to the Olympics and have the opportunity to walk in the closing ceremony! Well... Everyone except Ivanka. Honestly, tf is she doing here??

I like this guy.

Online gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1546 on: February 26, 2018, 07:35:07 AM »
Gus Kenworthy (American Athlete)

So proud of all these people! Everybody here has worked so hard to make it to the Olympics and have the opportunity to walk in the closing ceremony! Well... Everyone except Ivanka. Honestly, tf is she doing here??

I like this guy.
Shouldn't she be in India selling access to the WH as a bonus for buying a trump-branded condo?

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1547 on: February 27, 2018, 11:13:48 AM »
Trump now stating that he would have rushed unarmed into the Parkland High School and confronted the shooter. Isn't that hard to do with bone spurs?

Offline parkerynp

• Adventurer
« Reply #1548 on: February 27, 2018, 11:16:45 AM »
Trump now stating that he would have rushed unarmed into the Parkland High School and confronted the shooter. Isn't that hard to do with bone spurs?

That only speaks to the idiocy and cowardice of Sir Donald Trump. Isn't an impeachable offense.

Now Rick Gates pleading guilty and agreeing to cooperate fully with Robert Mueller on the other hand.....thats a different story :)

I'm sure you've read all about that Mr. D?

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #1549 on: February 27, 2018, 11:45:27 AM »

That only speaks to the idiocy and cowardice of Sir Donald Trump. Isn't an impeachable offense.

What part of his dumb-as-shit base will listen to him saying that and say 'Hell, yeah! Of course he would!!' 

Offline Andyman

• Veteran
« Reply #1550 on: February 27, 2018, 11:57:28 AM »

This is greatest thing to come out of Donald J. Cheeseburger's mouth so far. What a total buffoon. And I still find it almost impossible that there is even one person in the United States who cannot see this man as an utter fraud, when he is in fact the literal definition of a fraud (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_University#Allegations_of_impropriety_and_lawsuits). Somehow, the country keeps surprising me.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #1551 on: February 27, 2018, 12:10:00 PM »

This is greatest thing to come out of Donald J. Cheeseburger's mouth so far. What a total buffoon. And I still find it almost impossible that there is even one person in the United States who cannot see this man as an utter fraud, when he is in fact the literal definition of a fraud (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_University#Allegations_of_impropriety_and_lawsuits). Somehow, the country keeps surprising me.

He must love it.  'I can say what the hell I want, and it doesn't matter'.  As long as he gets his CPAC convention (held in the Gaylord Convention Centre  :laugh:) fill every so often, it satisfies the bollocks that he talks.  He did say he loves the 'poorly educated', probably for that reason.  When he is finally ousted this year, we're going to need a new word for the collective sigh of relief made by the whole world.  Schadenfreude isn't strong enough.   

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #1552 on: February 27, 2018, 12:18:30 PM »

I think a good many of Trump's supporters know this is a crock of crap (granted some of his more rabid supporters are blinded and think he would). Trump at best would order some of his goons to go in while he grandstanded outside.

Still, Trump's support isn't based on him being a moral pillar. He's an imperfect answer to a bigger problem in the eyes of many of his supporters.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #1553 on: March 08, 2018, 07:17:16 AM »
This looming trade war is looking like another massive car crash instigated by Trump, the drunk driver.   :rolleyes:

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1554 on: March 08, 2018, 08:14:15 AM »
This looming trade war is looking like another massive car crash instigated by Trump, the drunk driver.   :rolleyes:

Stormy waters ahead, for sure. Don't have much Hope for Trump.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #1555 on: March 08, 2018, 08:32:34 AM »

Stormy waters ahead, for sure. Don't have much Hope for Trump.

Pretty much every expert is saying this is a stupid idea and that it will do more damage to America as well as other countries, and with history on the side of a trade war failing miserably.  Not to mention pissing off US allies, with the possible exceptions of Canada and Mexico being given a tariff pass, making things even more stupid.  Trump never fails to exceed his previous stupidity.  How much longer?

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1556 on: March 11, 2018, 09:48:20 AM »
Trump, according to White House press secretary Sarah Sanders, "will accept the invitation to meet with Kim Jong Un at a place and time to be determined." But, Sanders added, "in the meantime, all sanctions and maximum pressure must remain."

Earlier Thursday, Chung announced that Trump would meet with Kim to "continue the goal of denuclearization."

Kim "expressed his eagerness to meet President Trump as soon as possible," Chung said. "President Trump appreciated the briefing and said he would meet Kim Jong Un by May to achieve permanent denuclearization."

Kim, according to Chung, understands that joint military exercises between South Korea and the U.S. would continue. The North Korean leader, according to recent talks with Chung, also claimed to be "commited to denuclearization."

"He (Kim) pledged that North Korea will refrain from any further nuclear missile tests," Chung said, adding that Trump's "leadership" and "maximum pressure" brought us "to this juncture."
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/09/trump-kim-summit-plan-draws-positive-reactions-from-key-players.html

Wow, another big win for Trump. He kept up the pressure and called Kim's bluff. Now North Korea is willing to work towards denuclearization and halt its missile tests while being aware that the US and South Korea will continue their joint military exercises.

I wonder how the haters will try to spin this.

Online Adel

• Super Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #1557 on: March 11, 2018, 03:48:22 PM »
Trump, according to White House press secretary Sarah Sanders, "will accept the invitation to meet with Kim Jong Un at a place and time to be determined." But, Sanders added, "in the meantime, all sanctions and maximum pressure must remain."

Earlier Thursday, Chung announced that Trump would meet with Kim to "continue the goal of denuclearization."

Kim "expressed his eagerness to meet President Trump as soon as possible," Chung said. "President Trump appreciated the briefing and said he would meet Kim Jong Un by May to achieve permanent denuclearization."

Kim, according to Chung, understands that joint military exercises between South Korea and the U.S. would continue. The North Korean leader, according to recent talks with Chung, also claimed to be "commited to denuclearization."

"He (Kim) pledged that North Korea will refrain from any further nuclear missile tests," Chung said, adding that Trump's "leadership" and "maximum pressure" brought us "to this juncture."
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/09/trump-kim-summit-plan-draws-positive-reactions-from-key-players.html

Wow, another big win for Trump. He kept up the pressure and called Kim's bluff. Now North Korea is willing to work towards denuclearization and halt its missile tests while being aware that the US and South Korea will continue their joint military exercises.

B**ch please!
Were you born yesterday?

Offline Andyman

• Veteran
« Reply #1558 on: March 11, 2018, 08:52:39 PM »
I happened to catch a livestream of Trump's inane, rambling, self-aggrandizing speech in Pittsburgh today. At one point he was talking about taxes and said something like, "Nobody knows what a VAT is..." and his audience of slack-jaws nodded along and cheered.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #1559 on: March 12, 2018, 07:16:41 AM »

B**ch please!
Were you born yesterday?

'another big win'?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You are too funny.  Trump has had multiple wins?  When?

South Korea inviting North Korea to the Olympics, and Moon's envoys going to Pyeongyang for talks with Kim Jeong Eun.  Then possible talks are brought up after.  Bearing in mind that he has no ambassador in South Korea, and seems to be without a lot of advisors, because they all left or haven't been appointed.  Do you really think Trump's erratic tweeting from his bed brought this about?  CDW, Trump as well as you are deluded to think that.  Personally, I get the feeling this meeting is not going to happen at all.  For Trump, it's helpful to deflect attention from the Russia inquiry, Stormy Daniels, gun reform and the tariffs and essentially buys him a couple of months and gives him a reason to say 'don't fire me, I've got these important talks with North Korea'. 

I happened to catch a livestream of Trump's inane, rambling, self-aggrandizing speech in Pittsburgh today. At one point he was talking about taxes and said something like, "Nobody knows what a VAT is..." and his audience of slack-jaws nodded along and cheered.

“A drug dealer will kill 2,000, 3,000, 5,000 people in the course of his or her lives…you can kill thousands of people and go to jail for 30 days,” the president said during the rally.

I don't know where to start with this kind of bollocks.  He's been watching Don Corleone again. 

Mr Trump claimed credit for Isis being driven out of 98 per cent of its former territory in Syria and Iraq, and for rises in some categories of employment figures.

The President also launched wide-ranging attacks on the press, calling CNN “fake as hell” and taking particular aim at the moderator of NBC’s Meet the Press.

“Sleepy eyes Chuck Todd,” Mr Trump said. “He’s a sleeping son of a bitch. I’ll tell you.“

Claiming credit for a military victory?  Obviously due to his long military history serving his country in the field.   

and again, wow, son of a bitch?  What an elegant speaker!

“If I don’t win the election, [news] ratings are going to go so far down, they’ll be out of business, every one of them,” he said. “Can you imagine? Can you imagine covering Bernie [Sanders] or Pocahontas? How about that?”

Pocahontas again?  Stay classy!

You really think this idiot will meet with Kim Jeong Eun and be able to discuss anything meaningfully?  Not on your life!