June 21, 2018, 04:38:46 PM

Author Topic: When will Trump be impeached?  (Read 139577 times)

Offline Aurata

• Expert Waygook
  • Je regrette rien
Re: When will Trump be impeached?
« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2017, 11:26:19 PM »
Trump is in big trouble. He is at war with the deep state,

Former NSA official tweets out Trump will “die in jail” in ongoing war with deep state intelligence community

Trump has clearly angered the intelligence community, elements of which are going all-in to discredit him, delegitimize him, hamper his agenda and stop him from implementing any real reforms to business as usual, which the very co-opted and compromised Hillary Clinton would have adopted had she won in November.

The tension really ramped up following an appearance by Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., on MSNBC, in which he told host Rachel Maddow it was “really dumb” of the president to anger the intelligence community, because “they have six ways from Sunday of getting back at you” (I doubt Schumer would have been so tolerant of the IC if it had taken similar action to delegitimize Barack Obama).

But this kind of blatant, over-the-top disrespect for the president of the United States, coming from careerist intelligence and foreign policy bureaucrats, is unprecedented in the modern era. There were plenty of errors made by the Obama administration – but apparently most of the careerists agreed with Obama’s foreign policy, perhaps because he didn’t fight the intel establishment.

On Wednesday, in the aftermath of the resignation of Trump’s national security advisor, Michael Flynn – thought to be the first of many Trump national security team casualties to come – former NSA analyst and Naval War College professor John Schindler was asked by a follower, “What do you think is going on inside NatSec right now after Trump’s ‘intelligence’ tweet this morning?”

Schindler, who also writes regularly for the New York Observer online – which is owned by Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law – responded:

Now we go nuclear. IC war going to new levels. Just got an EM fm senior IC friend, it began: “He will die in jail.”
http://talknetwork.com/2017-02-16-former-nsa-official-tweets-out-trump-will-die-in-jail-in-ongoing-war-with-deep-state-intelligence-community.html
Imagine your Korea...

Offline dandred

• Veteran
« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2017, 11:46:58 PM »
Senior Republican adviser says something is ‘deeply wrong’ with Donald Trump

Comments follow what adviser described as ‘the most bizarre press conference in history’

:laugh:  :laugh:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-republican-adviser-something-deeply-wrong-quote-a7585511.html
15 years teaching experience. CELTA, DELTA, MA TESOL, PhD slave. Thank you.

Offline Aurata

• Expert Waygook
  • Je regrette rien
« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2017, 02:18:53 AM »
Senior Republican adviser says something is ‘deeply wrong’ with Donald Trump

Actually I see something deeply wrong with what America has become. And so does anyone with a brain.

And the reckless irrational hatred of liberals who want to make war on a nuclear-armed country (Russia) just because they can't get over losing an election? its like... half the country is utterly childish.

Crosstalk on Flynn: Palace coup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxshhObR9Fk

« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 02:26:52 AM by Aurata »
Imagine your Korea...

Offline Ptolemy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2017, 05:54:14 AM »
Senior Republican adviser...

Comments follow what adviser described as ‘the most bizarre press conference in history’

Haha. Just shows another government drone who does not understand why Trump won, he's out of touch with the people. Republicans have been clueless for decades.

Offline Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2017, 07:22:05 AM »

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2017, 12:49:01 PM »
^ I think that is a math error, cause you subtracted "libs" twice.

http://edition.cnn.com/election/results/president

Trump 46.4%
Clinton 48.5%

So, 46.4% of "everyone" believe any of the BS that comes out of Trump's mouth.

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2017, 04:08:39 PM »
^ I think that is a math error, cause you subtracted "libs" twice.

http://edition.cnn.com/election/results/president

Trump 46.4%
Clinton 48.5%

So, 46.4% of "everyone" believe any of the BS that comes out of Trump's mouth.

Wait, so why did Hillary concede?

Are you disputing the results of the popular vote?

Online thunderlips

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #147 on: February 23, 2017, 12:04:23 AM »
Well I suppose we end up with the government we deserve.
Pretty surprising numbers (for me at least) showing support for Trumpernickel.
http://thehill.com/home-news/administration/320487-poll-americans-overwhelmingly-oppose-sanctuary-cities

"An overwhelming majority of Americans believe that cities that arrest illegal immigrants for crimes should be required to turn them over to federal authorities.

The poll shows that President Trump has broad public support in his effort to crack down on sanctuary cities.

A survey from Harvard–Harris Poll provided exclusively to The Hill found that 80 percent of voters say local authorities should have to comply with the law by reporting to federal agents the illegal immigrants they come into contact with.

As it stands, hundreds of cities across the nation — many with Democratic mayors or city councils — are refusing to do so.
Trump has signed an executive order directing Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly to find ways to starve these sanctuary cities of federal funding. A Reuters analysis found the top 10 sanctuary cities in the U.S. receive $2.27 billion in federal funding for programs ranging from public health services to early childhood education.

Kelly is expected to hire thousands of new immigration enforcement agents with broad authority to detain and deport those in the country illegally, potentially setting up a showdown between the federal government and sanctuary cities.

The Harvard–Harris Poll survey found strong support for an overhaul of the nation's immigration laws, with 77 percent saying they support comprehensive immigration reform against only 23 percent who oppose.

“While there is broad support for comprehensive immigration reform, there is overwhelming opposition to sanctuary cities,” said Harvard–Harris co-director Mark Penn. “The public wants honest immigrants treated fairly and those who commit crimes deported and that's very clear from the data.”

The finding is one of several in the survey that show Trump has support for some of the controversial immigration proposals that were a hallmark of his campaign.

A majority — 52 percent — say they support Trump’s two executive orders allowing for the construction of a southern border wall, increasing the number of immigration officers by 10,000 and finding a way to revoke federal funds for sanctuary cities.

The crackdown on sanctuary cities is the most popular feature of those actions, followed closely by the directive to increase the border patrol, which is backed by 75 percent of voters.

The wall is the most divisive element of Trump’s plan, with 53 percent opposing its construction.

Meanwhile, 53 percent of voters surveyed said they back Trump’s travel ban, which was rejected by the courts. That order temporarily suspended the United States' refugee program for 120 days, indefinitely suspended resettlement for Syrian refugees and imposed a 90-day travel and immigration ban from seven predominately Muslim nations: Iran, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Sudan, Libya and Somalia.

Kelly has said the administration will roll out a “tighter, more streamlined version” of the executive order some time soon.

Trump's new order is expected to target the same seven countries but will not include people who already have a visa to travel to the U.S. It will also exempt green card holders who are citizens of one of the countries in question.

Fifty-six percent say they support the specific aspect of Trump’s order that pauses immigration from the seven countries on the terrorism watch list until a new vetting system is in place.

Support for that policy goes up to 60 percent when the seven nations are described as “Muslim majority countries.”

Voters are worried that the federal judge’s suspension of Trump’s order — a ruling that was upheld this month at an appeals court in San Francisco — could put the nation at risk.

A plurality — 38 percent — say the federal judge’s suspension makes the nation less safe. Thirty-six percent said the court’s ruling will have no impact, and 26 percent said it will make the country safer.

The survey also found there are deep concerns among Americans over refugees fleeing their homelands for safety in the U.S.

Forty-seven percent said allowing refugees into the country has a negative impact on the nation, compared to only 33 percent who said it has a positive effect.

When voters are told that the U.S. is slated to receive 100,000 Syrian refugees, 51 percent said that number should be lower, 34 percent said it is an appropriate number, and 15 percent said the U.S. should allow more.

“Americans support both comprehensive immigration reform and stronger vetting and reduced refugees — they want a mix of compassion, strong borders,” said Penn. “They see ISIS as the greatest threat to the country and that is spurring concerns about refugee migration.”

The online survey of 2,148 registered voters was conducted between Feb. 11 and 13. The partisan breakdown is 39 percent Democrat, 30 percent Republican, 27 percent independent and 5 percent other. The Harvard–Harris Poll survey is a collaboration of the Harvard Center for American Political Studies and The Harris Poll."

Offline Ptolemy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #148 on: February 23, 2017, 07:02:34 AM »
Pretty surprising numbers (for me at least) showing support for Trumpernickel.

The poll shows that President Trump has broad public support in his effort to crack down on sanctuary cities.

Everyone has known this for awhile, that's why he ran on it and won.

Americans are NOT in favor of what the liberals say is best for them. The liberal media just keep running this stuff about how Trump is a nazi hurting immigrants feelings or whatever. Uhh no, he is enforcing what the American people want. And he is massively discrediting the radical left for going against the public's wishes.

If the radicals do not follow the law they will be dealt with...the public is in favor of that.

Offline Conner42

• Veteran
« Reply #149 on: February 23, 2017, 08:35:45 AM »
It's pretty god damn funny that I've seen the phrase "liberal fascist" pop up more than a couple of times here...

Wait, funny or sad? I really can't tell the difference anymore.
Remember: KEU-RAY-EUN-POP

Offline Ptolemy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #150 on: February 23, 2017, 08:45:39 AM »
It's pretty god damn funny that I've seen the phrase "liberal fascist" pop up more than a couple of times here...

I would like to take credit for the term.  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Been working on it awhile. The most descriptive term I came up for modern liberalism is "liberal corporate fascism". The corporate aspect is very important. I played around with "corporatist" and "progressivist" but it's hard to fit the words together and becomes cumbersome. You need something catchy like "fake news" in today's culture, so I shortened it to liberal fascism, aka "the anti-fascists are the new fascists".

Been hammering the internets with it, and now I see it showing up in conversations. Of course someone else might have launched it independently and I'm giving myself too much credit.

Offline Conner42

• Veteran
« Reply #151 on: February 23, 2017, 09:15:47 AM »

I would like to take credit for the term.  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Been working on it awhile. The most descriptive term I came up for modern liberalism is "liberal corporate fascism". The corporate aspect is very important. I played around with "corporatist" and "progressivist" but it's hard to fit the words together and becomes cumbersome. You need something catchy like "fake news" in today's culture, so I shortened it to liberal fascism, aka "the anti-fascists are the new fascists".

Been hammering the internets with it, and now I see it showing up in conversations. Of course someone else might have launched it independently and I'm giving myself too much credit.
Okay, so it's like an ironic joke or something.

I will say that it's also a little ironic that a term gets thrown around like this by people who support someone who resembles an actual fascist. Maybe not completely, but the comparisons aren't exactly off base.

But, whatever. It's the usual game in politics. We just throw words at each other because we know they sound bad and are insulting but we never take the time to understand what they mean. Never change, people  ;D
Remember: KEU-RAY-EUN-POP

Offline Ptolemy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #152 on: February 23, 2017, 09:42:22 AM »

Wrong, as I stated, it is a term to encompass what modern liberalism has become. Intolerance, and the ability to enforce their narrow views on others, and silence anyone who disagrees.

There is nothing fascist about Trump, it was the democratic process, will of the people.

Offline orionchocopie

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #153 on: February 23, 2017, 09:54:10 AM »

Wrong, as I stated, it is a term to encompass what modern liberalism has become. Intolerance, and the ability to enforce their narrow views on others, and silence anyone who disagrees.

There is nothing fascist about Trump, it was the democratic process, will of the people.

But what if the people are fascist?

Offline Ptolemy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #154 on: February 23, 2017, 10:05:47 AM »
But what if the people are fascist?

That's "stuff liberals say".  :wink:

The psychology of liberals is "I know better than everyone else", if it doesn't go my way, I am justified in overthrowing the government and/or violence. That's what makes them fascists.

That's also how they lost the election. "Deplorables, white supremacists", hate language at people who do not agree with them.

Offline SaintsCanada

• Super Waygook
« Reply #155 on: March 06, 2017, 11:14:13 AM »
Trump is in big trouble. He is at war with the deep state, and his support from congressional Republicans is paper thin. Due to his clear violations of the emoluments clause, and of course possible ties to the interests of a foreign power, he is eligible for impeachment any time congress decides to pull the plug

If the deep state and congress want to overturn the democratic will of the people then someone should be at war them surely?

You guys throw democracy out the window the moment it produces a result you don't like.

Don't lump me in with the American deep-state or Demublican politicians. I am definitely not part of "you guys", in that regard.

The topic of this thread is not should Trump will be impeached, but if/when. Hence my post.

For the record -- I think Trump should be impeached -- because he's breaking the laws that apply to federal officers, and is breaking his oath of office. But I think it should be done on those grounds, as the result of public pressure from the overwhelming majority of Americans who now oppose Trump.

If the deep-state takes down the president, it would be a massive step backwards for democracy. Just look at Egypt. As bad as the Muslim Brotherhood is, the junta back in power is much, much worse.

I also don't like to see how many liberals naively believe there is something *wrong* with detente and peace between the world's 2 biggest nuclear powers. While Trump/his team may have violated the rules before the election/before beginning his term, make no mistake. This rhetoric from the Democrats is to justify bigger military encirclement and diplomatic and isolation of Russia so that American hegemony in Eurasia remains. If pipelines are allowed to connect China, Russia, Europe, India, and the middle east, the U.S.A.'s influence takes a massive hit -- THAT is why the Democrats and (filthy, murderous) spies like to talk about Putin and Trump -- not for any altruistic defence of American democracy.

Offline insulimted

• Veteran
« Reply #156 on: March 06, 2017, 12:20:08 PM »

But I think it should be done on those grounds, as the result of public pressure from the overwhelming majority of Americans who now oppose Trump.

Maybe you're using 'American' to refer to all the people on the two America continents, but even then I doubt you would find an 'overwhelming majority' who now oppose Trump.

Offline SaintsCanada

• Super Waygook
« Reply #157 on: March 06, 2017, 01:01:45 PM »
Perhaps the word "overwhelming" was over the top. But his unpopularity is historic.

http://www.inquisitr.com/4034798/donald-trump-approval-ratings-hit-lowest-among-past-potus/

Offline Ptolemy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #158 on: March 06, 2017, 01:06:05 PM »
^ Made up numbers by the blue city people.

The country elected Trump, they support him even more now that liberal fascism has been exposed. This is a coup by the Dems and blue corporations, I'm fine with Trump bringing in tanks8)

Offline turningsteel

• Super Waygook
« Reply #159 on: March 06, 2017, 01:08:42 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/05/opinion/when-one-president-smears-another.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region&_r=0

I answered the poll to say that he will finish out his term, but after this weekend, I think 2017 will be a record year.  Between Trump accusing Obama of wire tapping him(which he can't even order as President) to Roger Stone and Sean Hannity having twitter meltdowns, it's laughable how stupid these people are.  This kind of behavior on behalf of Trump and his camp is indefensible.  Remember who this guy is, he's the President of the United States.  Even Nixon had more decorum. 

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/