March 25, 2019, 05:50:22 AM

Author Topic: When will Trump be impeached?  (Read 225367 times)

Offline Conner42

• Veteran
Re: When will Trump be impeached?
« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2017, 09:15:47 AM »
It's pretty god damn funny that I've seen the phrase "liberal fascist" pop up more than a couple of times here...

I would like to take credit for the term.  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Been working on it awhile. The most descriptive term I came up for modern liberalism is "liberal corporate fascism". The corporate aspect is very important. I played around with "corporatist" and "progressivist" but it's hard to fit the words together and becomes cumbersome. You need something catchy like "fake news" in today's culture, so I shortened it to liberal fascism, aka "the anti-fascists are the new fascists".

Been hammering the internets with it, and now I see it showing up in conversations. Of course someone else might have launched it independently and I'm giving myself too much credit.
Okay, so it's like an ironic joke or something.

I will say that it's also a little ironic that a term gets thrown around like this by people who support someone who resembles an actual fascist. Maybe not completely, but the comparisons aren't exactly off base.

But, whatever. It's the usual game in politics. We just throw words at each other because we know they sound bad and are insulting but we never take the time to understand what they mean. Never change, people  ;D
Remember: KEU-RAY-EUN-POP

Offline Ptolemy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2017, 09:42:22 AM »

Wrong, as I stated, it is a term to encompass what modern liberalism has become. Intolerance, and the ability to enforce their narrow views on others, and silence anyone who disagrees.

There is nothing fascist about Trump, it was the democratic process, will of the people.

Offline orionchocopie

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2017, 09:54:10 AM »

Wrong, as I stated, it is a term to encompass what modern liberalism has become. Intolerance, and the ability to enforce their narrow views on others, and silence anyone who disagrees.

There is nothing fascist about Trump, it was the democratic process, will of the people.

But what if the people are fascist?

Offline Ptolemy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2017, 10:05:47 AM »
But what if the people are fascist?

That's "stuff liberals say".  :wink:

The psychology of liberals is "I know better than everyone else", if it doesn't go my way, I am justified in overthrowing the government and/or violence. That's what makes them fascists.

That's also how they lost the election. "Deplorables, white supremacists", hate language at people who do not agree with them.

Offline SaintsCanada

• Super Waygook
« Reply #144 on: March 06, 2017, 11:14:13 AM »
Trump is in big trouble. He is at war with the deep state, and his support from congressional Republicans is paper thin. Due to his clear violations of the emoluments clause, and of course possible ties to the interests of a foreign power, he is eligible for impeachment any time congress decides to pull the plug

If the deep state and congress want to overturn the democratic will of the people then someone should be at war them surely?

You guys throw democracy out the window the moment it produces a result you don't like.

Don't lump me in with the American deep-state or Demublican politicians. I am definitely not part of "you guys", in that regard.

The topic of this thread is not should Trump will be impeached, but if/when. Hence my post.

For the record -- I think Trump should be impeached -- because he's breaking the laws that apply to federal officers, and is breaking his oath of office. But I think it should be done on those grounds, as the result of public pressure from the overwhelming majority of Americans who now oppose Trump.

If the deep-state takes down the president, it would be a massive step backwards for democracy. Just look at Egypt. As bad as the Muslim Brotherhood is, the junta back in power is much, much worse.

I also don't like to see how many liberals naively believe there is something *wrong* with detente and peace between the world's 2 biggest nuclear powers. While Trump/his team may have violated the rules before the election/before beginning his term, make no mistake. This rhetoric from the Democrats is to justify bigger military encirclement and diplomatic and isolation of Russia so that American hegemony in Eurasia remains. If pipelines are allowed to connect China, Russia, Europe, India, and the middle east, the U.S.A.'s influence takes a massive hit -- THAT is why the Democrats and (filthy, murderous) spies like to talk about Putin and Trump -- not for any altruistic defence of American democracy.

Offline insulimted

• Veteran
« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2017, 12:20:08 PM »

But I think it should be done on those grounds, as the result of public pressure from the overwhelming majority of Americans who now oppose Trump.

Maybe you're using 'American' to refer to all the people on the two America continents, but even then I doubt you would find an 'overwhelming majority' who now oppose Trump.

Offline SaintsCanada

• Super Waygook
« Reply #146 on: March 06, 2017, 01:01:45 PM »
Perhaps the word "overwhelming" was over the top. But his unpopularity is historic.

http://www.inquisitr.com/4034798/donald-trump-approval-ratings-hit-lowest-among-past-potus/

Offline Ptolemy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #147 on: March 06, 2017, 01:06:05 PM »
^ Made up numbers by the blue city people.

The country elected Trump, they support him even more now that liberal fascism has been exposed. This is a coup by the Dems and blue corporations, I'm fine with Trump bringing in tanks8)

Offline turningsteel

• Super Waygook
« Reply #148 on: March 06, 2017, 01:08:42 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/05/opinion/when-one-president-smears-another.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region&_r=0

I answered the poll to say that he will finish out his term, but after this weekend, I think 2017 will be a record year.  Between Trump accusing Obama of wire tapping him(which he can't even order as President) to Roger Stone and Sean Hannity having twitter meltdowns, it's laughable how stupid these people are.  This kind of behavior on behalf of Trump and his camp is indefensible.  Remember who this guy is, he's the President of the United States.  Even Nixon had more decorum. 

Offline Ptolemy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #149 on: March 06, 2017, 01:15:01 PM »
This kind of behavior on behalf of Trump and his camp is indefensible. 

Yeah whatever. The peaceful transition of power which is NOT happening, is indefensible.

Trump has tanks. Revolutionaries want to take the government from the rightful elected president? Come get some. :azn:

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2017, 02:38:17 PM »
Yeah whatever. The peaceful transition of power which is NOT happening, is indefensible.

Trump has tanks. Revolutionaries want to take the government from the rightful elected president? Come get some. :azn:
Yes, good idea. Because Tiananmen Square worked out so very well for the Chinese.

Offline Ptolemy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2017, 02:55:45 PM »
Yes, good idea. Because Tiananmen Square worked out so very well for the Chinese.

Yawn, we all know what liberals will do, 10 moves in advance...that's how they are losing.

Trump baited them into a coup, they will go too far, he will legally crack down, they will say "eeekk, see we knew he is like Hitler!". They are the oppressors, but in their bizarre "oppression olympics" they want to be victimized, because losing proves you are owed special treatment (the liberal mind is diseased). Obama may end up in prison, that would be the cherry on top for him, then he can write a SJW novel from jail.

Again, come get some. The vote was firmly in favor of law and order.

Online Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2017, 03:03:56 PM »

Not that I'm defending it but those soldiers and tanks combined with the suppression of the event through the state controlled media played out surprisingly well for the regime. It's incredible the number of 20 something Chinese students who have no knowledge what so ever of these events. Obliviously those that do are reluctant to expand on them at great length.
Perhaps Ptolemy could provide his views on the events to show us his hand.

Offline Ptolemy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2017, 03:13:47 PM »
Perhaps Ptolemy could provide his views on the events to show us his hand.

I am not educated on these China events, so I can't speak about that.

The American situation however involves a democracy. Trump was elected by the people. The intolerant left will not accept the rightful government. They are wrong, period. Any "victory" for them, makes America a failed state.

Shrug, what else is there to say? This is not complicated.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2017, 03:19:24 PM »
Perhaps the word "overwhelming" was over the top. But his unpopularity is historic.

http://www.inquisitr.com/4034798/donald-trump-approval-ratings-hit-lowest-among-past-potus/

Approval ratings of 65%+ will never happen again in America as long as the current hyper-partisan spirit reigns, absent some sort of 9/11 "country comes together" moment.
 As long as Trump stays north of 40%, he's fine. 30-40 will get dicey. Below 30% and he's sunk.

Offline Ptolemy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #155 on: March 06, 2017, 04:09:47 PM »
Approval ratings of 65%+ will never happen again in America as long as the current hyper-partisan spirit reigns, absent some sort of 9/11 "country comes together" moment.

That brings up another point. All this borderline-coup type stuff is just asking for the current administration to trigger a war, or 911 type event. Historically that's one way you bring the mob together in divided times, then the libs can complain about that, but they are bringing it on themselves.

You can just see them in the streets, always protesting the stuff they cause [facepalm]. Can science please invent a pill to cure liberalism?   :rolleyes:

Offline zola

• The Legend
« Reply #156 on: March 06, 2017, 04:26:58 PM »
I am not educated on these China events, so I can't speak about that.

You don't say! Who would have thought.
This coming from the guy who expects "Asia will rally around China".
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline waygookinhanguk

• Veteran
« Reply #157 on: March 06, 2017, 04:45:10 PM »

Not that I'm defending it but those soldiers and tanks combined with the suppression of the event through the state controlled media played out surprisingly well for the regime. It's incredible the number of 20 something Chinese students who have no knowledge what so ever of these events. Obliviously those that do are reluctant to expand on them at great length.

+1 There were no lasting negative consequences for the regime. The protests would not have been so strong had the Chinese economy not been struggling with high inflation.  To a lot of the protestors, "democracy" was the solution because they saw democratic nations such as the USA and much of Europe doing well. They were not committed to a democractic society. We have not seen protests on that scale since because we haven't seen comparable economic struggles in China since 1989.

The Gate of Heavenly Peace was an interesting documentary about the protests. A professor mentioned what he saw when students took a vote on a proposed action. Some students wanted those who opposed the motion thrown out of the lecture hall.

Offline Ptolemy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #158 on: March 06, 2017, 05:18:11 PM »
This coming from the guy who expects "Asia will rally around China".

Yes, that's pretty much a certainty.

Back on the topic of out of control liberals. It does seem like some sort of catastrophic event needs to happen, to teach these people a lesson. They are living in a dream world.

Offline Aurata

• Expert Waygook
  • Je regrette rien
« Reply #159 on: March 06, 2017, 11:30:06 PM »
Back on the topic of out of control liberals. It does seem like some sort of catastrophic event needs to happen, to teach these people a lesson.

Problem is they might take the world down with them in the process of learning their "lesson".

Washington is back to threatening, provoking and antagonizing Russia again. At the same time, they are building up forces in Ukraine right on Russias border. They are also putting the finishing touches to a missile "shield" system encircling Russia that could also act as a Launchpad for missiles into Russia with their targets only 5 minutes away.

Trump has now declared that Russia must give up Crimea and said that he will spend extra billions on updating his arsenal to achieve military superiority.

What message do you think this sends to the kremlin?

At the moment Russia still has the edge militarily.

If you were  Russia, would you strike now while you're ahead, or wait to be attacked?

Imagine your Korea...