December 11, 2018, 02:01:37 AM

Author Topic: When will Trump be impeached?  (Read 196258 times)

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
Re: When will Trump be impeached?
« Reply #1180 on: January 08, 2018, 01:37:08 PM »
It's 2018 and Trump is still president. So the 65 people who chose the "2017  Hell Yea!" option were wrong. Was gogators one of them? How many more people will be proven wrong?
They were wrong about Trump being nominated. They were wrong about numerous things "sinking him". They were wrong about Republicans booting him out. They were wrong about Hillary wiping the floor with him in the debates. They were wrong about his campaign strategy. They were wrong about who would win on election night. They were wrong about Trump being Hitler. They were wrong about mass deportations. They were wrong about abortions being banned. They were wrong various "smoking guns".

But of course, we should listen to them and trust their judgment.  :rolleyes:

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1181 on: January 08, 2018, 02:13:11 PM »
It's 2018 and Trump is still president. So the 65 people who chose the "2017  Hell Yea!" option were wrong. Was gogators one of them? How many more people will be proven wrong?
They were wrong about Trump being nominated. They were wrong about numerous things "sinking him". They were wrong about Republicans booting him out. They were wrong about Hillary wiping the floor with him in the debates. They were wrong about his campaign strategy. They were wrong about who would win on election night. They were wrong about Trump being Hitler. They were wrong about mass deportations. They were wrong about abortions being banned. They were wrong various "smoking guns".

But of course, we should listen to them and trust their judgment.  :rolleyes:
Most of what you wrote above is wrong.
THEY were right to resist and oppose the policies and pledges of trumped up and the repugs, which is what, along with the Constitution, stopped them from making the US less free and more prone to a potential dictatorship.

You should learn to listen better. For example, retirees heard this:
The fiduciary rule is an Obama-era regulation that protects Americans’ hard-earned retirement savings by requiring that financial professionals offering retirement investment advice put their clients’ interests first. The rule was supposed to be implemented on April 10, 2017. But the Trump administration has repeatedly delayed enforcement of the rule, most recently to July 1, 2019, and is using the rule-making process and delays to significantly weaken the rule.

Because of the enforcement delays, industry actors presenting themselves as neutral advisers can continue to steer retirement savers to products with high fees and commissions that benefit the advisers but reduce net returns for the client. The map shows the annual costs retirement savers in each state incur due to underperforming IRA assets that are invested in products for which savers received “conflicted” advice (that is, advice provided by financial advisers whose earnings depend on the actions taken by the client).1

EPI has used the data on annual losses to retirement savers from conflicted advice to estimate that an August 2017 Department of Labor directive delaying the rule for 18 months, to July 1, 2019, would cost workers saving for retirement $10.9 billion dollars over the next 30 years.

Low-wage workers heard this:
The bottom line shows how inflation has eroded the buying power of a minimum wage income even as the economy grew and was able to afford a higher minimum wage. If you were paid the $7.25 minimum wage in 2017, you made 27 percent less—in inflation-adjusted terms—than someone who earned the minimum wage in 1968 (when the value of the federal minimum wage peaked, at $9.90 in 2017 dollars). The middle line shows that if the minimum wage had kept up with average wage growth for typical U.S. workers (specifically, production and nonsupervisory workers, who constitute essentially the bottom 80 percent of the workforce) since 1968, it would be $11.62 an hour. But even that would not have been sufficient to distribute the fruits of economic growth equitably. If the minimum wage had kept pace with rising productivity since 1968, someone earning the minimum wage in 2017 would have received $19.33 an hour—and millions of people earning above the minimum wage today would also be getting higher wages than they currently do.

The poor heard this:
44,566,000 people were in poverty in 2016—below are the additional number of people that would have been in poverty without the specified government program

Additional number of people in poverty    
Social Security    26,096,000    
Refundable tax credits    8,177,000    
SNAP/Food stamps    3,575,000    
SSI    3,359,000    
Housing subsidies    3,106,000    
School lunch    1,361,000    
TANF/general assistance    608,000    
Unemployment insurance    680,000    
Workers’ compensation    242,000    
WIC    264,000    
LIHEAP    150,000    

Minorities heard this:

On average, black women workers are paid only 67 cents on the dollar relative to white non-Hispanic men, after controlling for education, years of experience, and location (using 2016 data). This distressing statistic reflects the dual inequities faced by black women—they are subject to both a racial pay gap and a gender pay gap. A key focus of those committed to a fairer economy should be closing these gaps and accelerating economic progress for black women. A number of myths block steps toward real solutions, including the myth that racial and gender pay gaps are simply due to black women making unconstrained choices to pursue careers that pay less. In reality, occupational segregation is not simply a voluntary choice, but is clearly affected by discrimination both before and after people begin their careers. Further, racial and gender pay gaps persist even within occupations.

The chart shows the average wages of black women and white men in a range of occupations. In every occupation shown—both female-dominated and male-dominated—black women earn less than white men. White male physicians and surgeons earn, on average, $18.00 per hour more than black women doing the same job ($54.94 versus $36.94). The gap for retail salespersons is also shocking, at more than $9.00 an hour ($20.12 versus $10.99). The data confirm that black women are underpaid, period.

You might want to get your hearing checked.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #1182 on: January 08, 2018, 02:29:36 PM »
THEY were right to resist and oppose the policies and pledges of trumped up and the repugs, which is what, along with the Constitution, stopped them from making the US less free and more prone to a potential dictatorship.

Being part of the loyal opposition against policies you don't favor is fine. Unfortunately, the current Trump opposition makes the Republican BENGHAZI!!!!! and EMAILS!!!!! crowd look sane and stable by comparison.

Predicting your opponent is Hitler or panicking people into believing that mass deportation is right around the corner or that nuclear war will start over a tweet at 3AM is not.

Put it this way, plenty on the left can't even tell the difference between a twitter insult and mental illness. "He insulted someone on Twitter, he's mentally ill!!!!"- a criteria which would condemn 90% of the American public to the insane asylum if implemented.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1183 on: January 08, 2018, 03:35:50 PM »

Being part of the loyal opposition against policies you don't favor is fine. Unfortunately, the current Trump opposition makes the Republican BENGHAZI!!!!! and EMAILS!!!!! crowd look sane and stable by comparison.

Predicting your opponent is Hitler or panicking people into believing that mass deportation is right around the corner or that nuclear war will start over a tweet at 3AM is not.

Put it this way, plenty on the left can't even tell the difference between a twitter insult and mental illness. "He insulted someone on Twitter, he's mentally ill!!!!"- a criteria which would condemn 90% of the American public to the insane asylum if implemented.
You're mistaking internet clickbait for the organized movement on the left.

You're also trivializing serious fears regarding the man whose tiny hand is on the "big button."

You used to post that you were interested in serious debate, yet all you can post is the same smear about someone??? somewhere??? saying trump was hitler.

BTW, what about trump's continued attacks on the media? Does the first amendment ring a bell?

Remember those fine folks at Charlottesville you and your bud trumpy defended? Here's on of them:

A Missouri man with connections to white supremacists has been charged with terrorism after authorities said he brought a cross-country Amtrak train to a halt last fall in rural Nebraska.
http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/fbi-man-with-white-supremacist-ties-stopped-train-in-rural/article_76a73b7d-d667-55ae-98cd-5a4af26fde6b.html

Your claim that the left was "wrong" is looking pretty empty.

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1184 on: January 08, 2018, 03:40:44 PM »

Not even close, pal; not even close.

Far more Benghazi hearings had taken place than hearing held during the 9/11 investigations. Republicans in Congress and in the White House have sought to circumvent, delay, and obstruct investigations into Russian meddling in the election and meetings between the Trump campaign and Russia.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1185 on: January 08, 2018, 07:06:13 PM »
Rotten to the core:

U.S. regulators and prosecutors have requested information from the real estate development business run by Jared Kushner’s family over a program that allows wealthy foreigners to obtain visas for investing in American projects, said two people with direct knowledge of the matter.

The Securities and Exchange Commission and prosecutors for New York’s Eastern District issued subpoenas to Kushner Cos. in May seeking details about its use of what’s known as the EB-5 program, according to the people, who asked not to be named because the requests weren’t public.

ast year, Kushner’s sister, Nicole Meyer, touted her brother’s White House role as she urged Chinese investors to fund a New Jersey housing development through the EB-5 program.

EB-5 offers foreigners green cards — permanent residence — in exchange for investing $500,000 in certain U.S. businesses that create at least 10 jobs per investor.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1186 on: January 11, 2018, 12:09:34 PM »
dude goes all in on attacking the NFL regarding the national anthem and, turns out, he doesn't even know the words to it.

Now that's respect.  :rolleyes:

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #1187 on: January 11, 2018, 12:46:23 PM »

I don't know the British anthem after the first line or two, but then again in England, I was never played it when I was young and it was never really played anywhere.  Koreans know their anthem because of the frequency it is played.  Surely in the US it is a similar...
Actually, the Star Spangled Banner has a horrible reputation as being hard to sign and the lyrics are frequently forgotten. People tend to rearrange the verses and think certain words are there when they aren't.

Still bad form of Trump not to know it.

And of course...

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1188 on: January 11, 2018, 01:36:00 PM »

I don't know the British anthem after the first line or two, but then again in England, I was never played it when I was young and it was never really played anywhere.  Koreans know their anthem because of the frequency it is played.  Surely in the US it is a similar...
Actually, the Star Spangled Banner has a horrible reputation as being hard to sign and the lyrics are frequently forgotten. People tend to rearrange the verses and think certain words are there when they aren't.

Still bad form of Trump not to know it.

And of course...

ACTUALLY, trump could gun someone down in cold blood and trumpites like yourself would defend him. That's one of the few things he's said that's ACTUALLY true.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #1189 on: January 11, 2018, 03:08:01 PM »
Ironically (or perhaps unironically), Trump supporter Roseanne Barr, who is generally  otherwise left-of-center, also is notorious for stuff regarding the national anthem.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1190 on: January 11, 2018, 03:58:45 PM »
Ironically (or perhaps unironically), Trump supporter Roseanne Barr, who is generally  otherwise left-of-center, also is notorious for stuff regarding the national anthem.

What a derail! Choo-choo!

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1191 on: January 11, 2018, 04:16:30 PM »
Steels is back on Trump’s Twitter feed?

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1192 on: January 11, 2018, 06:01:59 PM »
Another broken trumped up pledge,w ith a big dash of self-dealing:

The Trump administration has waived part of the punishment for five megabanks whose affiliates were convicted and fined for manipulating global interest rates. One of the Trump administration waivers was granted to Deutsche Bank — which is owed at least $130 million by President Donald Trump and his business empire, and has also been fined for its role in a Russian money laundering scheme.

The waivers were issued in a little-noticed announcement published in the Federal Register during the Christmas holiday week. They come less than two years after then-candidate Trump promised “I'm not going to let Wall Street get away with murder.”
Swampier than Polk Salad Annie.

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #1193 on: January 12, 2018, 10:52:40 AM »
"I probably have a very good relationship with Kim Jong Un," Trump told The Wall Street Journal. "I have relationships with people. I think you people are surprised."

Asked if he had spoken with Kim, Trump was evasive: "I'm not saying I have or haven't. I just don't want to comment.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/report-trump-suggests-positive-relationship-nk-leader-220542017--politics.html

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1194 on: January 12, 2018, 11:41:29 AM »
"I probably have a very good relationship with Kim Jong Un," Trump told The Wall Street Journal. "I have relationships with people. I think you people are surprised."

Asked if he had spoken with Kim, Trump was evasive: "I'm not saying I have or haven't. I just don't want to comment.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/report-trump-suggests-positive-relationship-nk-leader-220542017--politics.html
If he's not welcome in London, you can imagine how his "relationships" are with NK.

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #1195 on: January 12, 2018, 12:01:37 PM »
lol @ "shithole countries."

I'm sure his cult fanboys will continue to insist he isn't racist, even though his racism is the only reason they still rabidly and desperately support him.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #1196 on: January 12, 2018, 12:21:35 PM »

I'm sure his cult fanboys will continue to insist he isn't racist, even though his racism is the only reason they still rabidly and desperately support him.

Any worse than "peasants in suits" or any other stuff that gets casually tossed about here?

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1197 on: January 12, 2018, 01:28:54 PM »

Any worse than "peasants in suits" or any other stuff that gets casually tossed about here?

I believe it was “farmers in suits”. And it does reflect the rural class which got rich quick after their tracts of land were bought up for development.

Offline zola

• The Legend
« Reply #1198 on: January 12, 2018, 01:41:15 PM »

Luckily, none of us are holding public office or are  the figureheads of our respective countries. Well I dont think anyone is.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1199 on: January 12, 2018, 01:43:10 PM »

Luckily, none of us are holding public office or are  the figureheads of our respective countries. Well I dont think anyone is.

On some days, I like to be the PM of Normay.