September 24, 2018, 01:35:47 PM

Author Topic: When will Trump be impeached?  (Read 162849 times)

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
Re: When will Trump be impeached?
« Reply #1020 on: August 30, 2017, 02:21:52 PM »
http://www.pollingreport.com/cong_dem.htm
http://www.businessinsider.com/emmanuel-macron-poll-approval-rating-trump-2017-8

The data is a little old, but they show Dems in the 30% range. There are some better numbers for them in MI-PA-and WI concerning Dems vs. Republicans in the upcoming race, but then again, those polls showed them with a sizable lead there before election night.

Even though Trump has fallen nationwide in polls, there has been no corresponding surge in Democratic approval.

The Dems need a different message. Jobs, health care, jobs, infrastructure, jobs. Not minimum wage increases, welfare, and identity politics. Who in their right mind would want that as their policy? People don't want to work for 15 an hour. They want real jobs like their parents had. They don't want welfare, they want a job! And people are increasingly tired of identity politics. When your party thinks that Confederate statues and refighting the Civil War are more important than dinner table issues, they have a problem.

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1021 on: August 30, 2017, 02:25:50 PM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/emmanuel-macron-poll-approval-rating-trump-2017-8

The data is a little old, but they show Dems in the 30% range. There are some better numbers for them in MI-PA-and WI concerning Dems vs. Republicans in the upcoming race, but then again, those polls showed them with a sizable lead there before election night.

Even though Trump has fallen nationwide in polls, there has been no corresponding surge in Democratic approval.

The Dems need a different message. Jobs, health care, jobs, infrastructure, jobs. Not minimum wage increases, welfare, and identity politics. Who in their right mind would want that as their policy? People don't want to work for 15 an hour. They want real jobs like their parents had. They don't want welfare, they want a job! And people are increasingly tired of identity politics. When your party thinks that Confederate statues and refighting the Civil War are more important than dinner table issues, they have a problem.

The data I provided was from yesterday.

Also, the second link puts Macron at 37%, still higher than Trump.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 02:28:40 PM by jddavis7 »

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #1022 on: August 30, 2017, 02:40:52 PM »

The data I provided was from yesterday.

Also, the second link puts Macron at 37%, still higher than Trump.

Depends on the Trump poll. But point conceded that in terms of margin of error, one could say that Macron is edging Trump by a hair. Still quite the fall (compared to Trump). And the numbers for Dem approval will of course fluctuate as well. I guess we can say they're roughly equally unpopular making the upcoming election hard to predict and both parties are in a tough spot.

If I were a Democrat, with all that's gone on with Trump, I'd be absolutely terrified of those numbers.

The Dems may run into problems if say, they adapted a Sanders-style platform. But at least people would know what they'd stand for and someone like Bernie would probably simplify it into 3-5 key policy proposals. That could be pretty effective and could appeal to a number of Trump voters. But they've shown a mix of Hillary Clinton-style abysmally ineffective bland messaging combined with the lunacy of the "Resistance" so far.

A thing to note is that a lot of Trumpers/Conservatives speak about pols like Sanders and Dennis Kucinich in grudgingly respectful terms. Usually things like "I disagree, but I appreciate his sincerity and he has a point on this issue X." Sometimes it's more important to be respected than popular. Bernie got a lot of credit for going to Liberty U. and not talking down to conservatives and not pandering either. That's what the Dems need. I'm a soft-Trumper, but I think the best moment of the primary campaign was when Michigan stunned Clinton and chose Sanders. It was a defiant moment and really filled my heart with pride as a Michigander. If I can feel that way about Sanders' candidacy, I think a lot of other Trump-liters can as well.

Offline Aurata

• Expert Waygook
  • Je regrette rien
« Reply #1023 on: August 31, 2017, 11:22:44 PM »

According to the democrats, Putin is invading Korea. His empirical expansionism knows no bounds and he is now pushing into western Korea after having personally made the bombs dropped on Aleppo

Imagine your Korea...

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #1024 on: September 01, 2017, 07:55:32 AM »
According to the democrats, Putin is invading Korea. His empirical expansionism knows no bounds and he is now pushing into western Korea after having personally made the bombs dropped on Aleppo

http://www.pravdareport.com/news/russia/economics/15-08-2017/138412-russia_swift-0/
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1025 on: September 01, 2017, 09:02:09 AM »
All the while Mueller grinds away and his team grows. The IRS and NY state AG are now involved.

“IRS special agents are the very best in the business of conducting financial investigations. They will quickly tell you that it took an accountant to nab Al Capone, and it’s true.”

“The FBI’s expertise is spread out over so many statutes—and particularly since 9/11, where they really focused on counterintelligence and counterterror—that they simply don’t have the financial investigative expertise that the CI agents have,” Sheil continued. “When CI brings a case to a U.S. Attorney, it is done. It’s wrapped up with a ribbon and a bow. It’s just comprehensive.”

Follow the money!

Offline Aurata

• Expert Waygook
  • Je regrette rien
« Reply #1026 on: September 01, 2017, 10:22:26 PM »

http://www.pravdareport.com/news/russia/economics/15-08-2017/138412-russia_swift-0/

I don't click on propaganda links.

If you have a point, make it.

I need to know that I'm talking to someone intelligent before i bother to engage.
Imagine your Korea...

Offline Adel

• Super Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #1027 on: September 02, 2017, 02:22:54 AM »

Offline Adel

• Super Waygook
  • Pants down
Our boy!
« Reply #1028 on: September 03, 2017, 12:18:43 PM »
Trump Associate Boasted That Moscow Business Deal ‘Will Get Donald Elected’

“Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it,” Mr. Sater wrote in an email. “I will get all of Putins team to buy in on this, I will manage this process.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/us/politics/trump-tower-putin-felix-sater.html?mcubz=0

Just in case the story wasn't covered on infowars!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 12:23:45 PM by Adel »

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #1029 on: September 04, 2017, 11:43:46 AM »
Is it just whatever Obama did that he hates?

Trump to end 'Dreamers' program with six-month delay

President will end Obama-era program giving work permits to illegal immigrants but Congress will now be given time to draft replacement law

The decision to give Congress half a year to come up with an alternative represents a compromise after Republicans and business leaders asked Trump to keep the program. They included Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and Apple chief executive, Tim Cook, who tweeted that 250 staff were “Dreamers” and “I stand with them”.

“Dreamers” are a fraction of the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants in the United States, most of them Hispanic. Trump as a candidate promised to deport all of them, but many Americans have rallied to support the young adults who have spent large parts of their lives in the United States.

Representative Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, a Cuban-American Republican from Florida, tweeted her dismay with the decision to scrap Daca: “After teasing #Dreamers for months with talk of his ‘great heart,’ @POTUS slams door on them. Some ‘heart’.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/sep/04/trump-to-end-dreamers-program-with-six-month-delay-reports

Offline jddavis7

• Super Waygook
« Reply #1030 on: September 04, 2017, 12:18:56 PM »
Is it just whatever Obama did that he hates?

Yes. I bet you that you could pull up a list of all of Obama's accomplishments and know what Trump's going to end.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #1031 on: September 11, 2017, 07:45:54 AM »
Ths made my weekend:

Irma: Florida sheriff urges people not to shoot at hurricane, saying 'you won't turn it around'

A Florida sheriff has pleaded with citizens not to shoot at Hurricane Irma, saying they “won’t turn it around”.

The Pasco County Sheriff's Office warned that shooting weapons at the most dangerous Atlantic hurricane to hit the US since records began “will have very dangerous side effects”.

As many as 53,000 people said they were interested in a Facebook event called “Shoot At Hurricane Irma”, and 25,000 people said they would participate on Saturday evening.

It was set up by 22-year-old Ryon Edwards.

A description of the event read: “YO SO THIS GOOFY LOOKING WINDY HEADA** NAMED IRMA SAID THEY PULLING UP ON US, LETS SHOW IRMA THAT WE SHOOT FIRST”.

The Sheriff's office tweeted on Saturday evening: "To clarify, DO NOT shoot weapons @ #Irma. You won't make it turn around & it will have very dangerous side effects."

Mr Edwards told the BBC he created the event out of boredom and stress, and was surprised by the reaction.

Graphics appeared online, suggesting how people could “fire correctly” at the hurricane to ensure the bullets did not come back and kill you.

Graphics appeared online, suggesting how people could “fire correctly” at the hurricane to ensure the bullets did not come back and kill you.

Governor's climate change denial makes Florida more vulnerable to Irma
Several other events quickly appeared on Facebook to combat the storm, including scaring it with flamethrowers, “Spinning your arms really fast to push away Hurricane Irma” and “Destroy Hurricane Irma By Cooling The Atlantic With Ice Cubes”.

Do you get the idea that some Americans believe what they see on crappy Hollywood films?  I tell you what?  If the end of the world is coming I'm gonna find Jake Gyllenhaal and hide in a library, and wait it out.  Should work.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #1032 on: September 11, 2017, 09:24:13 AM »
Ths made my weekend:

Irma: Florida sheriff urges people not to shoot at hurricane, saying 'you won't turn it around'

A Florida sheriff has pleaded with citizens not to shoot at Hurricane Irma, saying they “won’t turn it around”.

The Pasco County Sheriff's Office warned that shooting weapons at the most dangerous Atlantic hurricane to hit the US since records began “will have very dangerous side effects”.

As many as 53,000 people said they were interested in a Facebook event called “Shoot At Hurricane Irma”, and 25,000 people said they would participate on Saturday evening.

It was set up by 22-year-old Ryon Edwards.

A description of the event read: “YO SO THIS GOOFY LOOKING WINDY HEADA** NAMED IRMA SAID THEY PULLING UP ON US, LETS SHOW IRMA THAT WE SHOOT FIRST”.

The Sheriff's office tweeted on Saturday evening: "To clarify, DO NOT shoot weapons @ #Irma. You won't make it turn around & it will have very dangerous side effects."

Mr Edwards told the BBC he created the event out of boredom and stress, and was surprised by the reaction.

Governor's climate change denial makes Florida more vulnerable to Irma
Several other events quickly appeared on Facebook to combat the storm, including scaring it with flamethrowers, “Spinning your arms really fast to push away Hurricane Irma” and “Destroy Hurricane Irma By Cooling The Atlantic With Ice Cubes”.

Do you get the idea that some Americans believe what they see on crappy Hollywood films?  I tell you what?  If the end of the world is coming I'm gonna find Jake Gyllenhaal and hide in a library, and wait it out.  Should work.

:laugh:   Reminds me of that scene from 'Independence Day' warning people not to fire their guns at the alien space ship.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #1033 on: September 12, 2017, 07:30:12 AM »
Wow, Steve Bannon is lovely fellow isn't he?

Steve Bannon, Donald Trump’s former consigliere, has compared China to 1930s Germany, warning the country could go down the same dark path if the US fails to challenge its rise.

“A hundred years from now, this is what they’ll remember — what we did to confront China on its rise to world domination,” Bannon told the New York Times.

“China right now is Germany in 1930,” he said. “It’s on the cusp. It could go one way or the other. The younger generation is so patriotic, almost ultranationalistic.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/sep/11/steve-bannon-compares-china-to-1930s-germany-and-says-us-must-confront-beijing

What a wonderful thing to say.  Even though he's 'quit' his position in the government, he still has a lot of sway with Trump.  I'm sure after he 'quit' Trump said that he would 'go after' people.  So he picked the Chinese.  Brilliant.  I can't work out if he is jealous that 'China is like 1930s German' and that everyone is patriotic.  What a thing to say.   

And then...

“The Republican establishment is trying to nullify the 2016 election,” he said in his first TV interview on CBS. “That’s a brutal fact we have to face.”

It is an “open secret on Capitol Hill” that many Republicans do not support Trump’s agenda, Bannon claimed, singling out Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell and House speaker Paul Ryan for criticism.

“They do not want Donald Trump’s populist, economic nationalist agenda to be implemented,” he said, warning that they will be held to account if they do not support the president.

Speaking to the flagship current affairs programme 60 Minutes, Bannon also called Republican national security officials who had served in the George W Bush administration “idiots”, including former vice-president Dick Cheney and former secretaries of state Condoleezza Rice and Colin Powell.

“I hold these people in contempt, total and complete contempt,” said Bannon, blaming them for the Iraq war and trade conflicts with China. “They’re idiots, and they’ve gotten us in this situation, and they question a good man like Donald Trump.”

Many moderate Republicans condemned Trump for seeming to draw moral equivalence last month between white supremacist marchers in Charlottesville, Virginia, and counter-demonstrators. In his 60 Minutes interview, Bannon said: “I was the only guy that came out and tried to defend him.”

“He’s a fighter. I’m going to be his wing man outside for the entire time, to protect [Trump]” and “to make sure his enemies know that there’s no free shot on goal.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/sep/11/steve-bannon-republicans-trump-60-minutes

Wow, what a cnut!  What will this lead to?  Trump with no party behind him?  An unelected guy bullying all his 'enemies'?  To me, this kind of talking is really dangerous. 

Populist agenda?  Or authoritarian? He's not trying to woo the middle class for votes.
 Pulling out of the Paris Treaty?  Banning Muslim immigrants?  Building a wall that the Mexicans are not going to pay for? 

American politics is truly fooked.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1034 on: September 12, 2017, 11:53:12 AM »
Bannon is dangerous, but IMO there's a lot of truth to the US being in an economic war with China. And considering all the cyberespionage  and hacking being conducted by China it's close to being a cold war.

Kelly seems to be having a positive effect on Trumpy. By staying off twitter, no major FEMA screw-ups and making a deal with the Dems, trumpy's poll numbers have gone up a bit.

But behind the scenes, his far right social agenda is still on. Witness his tweet that churches should get FEMA funds. He probably forget they don't pay taxes.

Offline hangook77

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1035 on: September 16, 2017, 06:24:01 PM »
If the elites remove Trump or take him out, there's going to be hell to pay.  The military would have to take over to stop the riots.  Why does Trump have this strong loyal following?  It's not because of identity politics and fake racism charges or other ridiculous nonsense.  It's the promise to drain the swamp and bring back the jobs.  This is coming from me a former Democrat and current Independent.  (I'm no fan of Paul Ryan or Mitch McConnell either and their good old boys club.)  This Michael Moore video even if quoted out of context sums up most people that voted for him, including myself.  (I voted for Obama in 2012.)  Very few supporters are actually racist and if you want to tar and feather most supporters, you'll never bring us back to the Democratic party but will only push us further away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxDRqeuLNag

Offline hangook77

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #1036 on: September 16, 2017, 06:26:02 PM »
BTW, what flipped people?  This clip from the Young Turks 3 years back sums it up nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMuuaO-YLKE

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #1037 on: September 16, 2017, 07:40:50 PM »
If the elites remove Trump or take him out, there's going to be hell to pay.  The military would have to take over to stop the riots.  Why does Trump have this strong loyal following?  It's not because of identity politics and fake racism charges or other ridiculous nonsense.  It's the promise to drain the swamp and bring back the jobs.  This is coming from me a former Democrat and current Independent.  (I'm no fan of Paul Ryan or Mitch McConnell either and their good old boys club.)  This Michael Moore video even if quoted out of context sums up most people that voted for him, including myself.  (I voted for Obama in 2012.)  Very few supporters are actually racist and if you want to tar and feather most supporters, you'll never bring us back to the Democratic party but will only push us further away.

Hahaha and here's you still thinking that he's draining the swamp. Trump is swimming in the cesspool - he's the swamp monster. How many Goldman Sachs folks has he brought on board now? I'm sure the Trump business is doing very well under the Trump presidency - why can't he open up the Mar-a-Lago guest book? Too many deals enriching himself and his company under the guise of being President.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1038 on: September 16, 2017, 07:50:55 PM »

You voted for trumpy? How can you look at yourself in the mirror?

A slumlord draining the swamp? Hey, you wanna buy a bridge, or two?

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #1039 on: September 16, 2017, 07:55:27 PM »
repugnicans need to put down the remote.

The Democratic Coalition, a group that filed an ethics complaint against Sarah Huckabee Sanders Thursday for essentially calling for ESPN host Jemele Hill to be fired, has filed a second grievance with the Office of Government Ethics Friday after the White House press secretary doubled down on her earlier comments.