August 20, 2018, 03:17:23 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 745770 times)

Offline OnNut81

• Expert Waygook
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #4360 on: November 09, 2017, 07:55:03 AM »
Does the Paju English Village still have a pub?  I thought someone had said it closed down.  On my one school trip there they just let me go wander.  I wouldn't want to have worked/lived there but they put a lot of bucks into that place.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #4361 on: November 09, 2017, 07:58:15 AM »
Does the Paju English Village still have a pub?  I thought someone had said it closed down.  On my one school trip there they just let me go wander.  I wouldn't want to have worked/lived there but they put a lot of bucks into that place.

I saw they had a British Pub Museum. But everything was closed so no idea what that actually means. haha

Also, the campus is the definition of garish. I took so many pics. It's f'in amazing. They have a mock Stonehenge FFS 

Offline Mezoti97

• The Legend
« Reply #4362 on: November 09, 2017, 08:00:09 AM »
Also, the campus for Paju Eng Vill is ridiculous.

Haha, yeah -- it was, by far, the largest English village I've ever seen in Korea.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #4363 on: November 09, 2017, 08:12:06 AM »

I saw they had a British Pub Museum. But everything was closed so no idea what that actually means. haha

Also, the campus is the definition of garish. I took so many pics. It's f'in amazing. They have a mock Stonehenge FFS

Yeh, the 'pub museum' didn't appear to be open.  My co-teachers thought the whole thing was lovely.  But if you've been abroad and seen the real stuff, the cheap copies like this are not really that interesting.  Like 지중해마을 in Cheonan, which is supposed to look like Santorini in Greece.  Nothing like it.  Terrible rubbish.

We went for coffee in some famous announcers coffee shop.  Hwang Yong In, I think.  He had a ridiculous setup of vinyl and vintage speakers there with a stage where they have jazz and classical performances.  He came over and chatted for a bit.  All very nice.  With modern day MP3s, I made me really miss fingering through cds and vinyl.  I used to love that.  MP3s have lost that fun. 

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #4364 on: November 09, 2017, 08:47:37 AM »

Yeh, the 'pub museum' didn't appear to be open.  My co-teachers thought the whole thing was lovely.  But if you've been abroad and seen the real stuff, the cheap copies like this are not really that interesting.  Like 지중해마을 in Cheonan, which is supposed to look like Santorini in Greece.  Nothing like it.  Terrible rubbish.

More like 진정해마을, amirite?  :cheesy:

Offline zola

• The Legend
« Reply #4365 on: November 09, 2017, 08:50:44 AM »
It sounds like Dave Sttepz and CO2 were mere meters apart throughout the day.

Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4366 on: November 09, 2017, 08:56:23 AM »

They only missed each other cause CO2 was wearing his reflective wrap-around shades so Dave Stepz avoided him  :cheesy:

Went to an English village yesterday with my students.  One of the foreign teachers there was teaching with reflective wrap-around shades on.  Who the hell teaches with shades on?

Offline OnNut81

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4367 on: November 09, 2017, 09:02:07 AM »
I was there in 2009 and it wasn't a pub museum, but an actual functioning pub serving food and drinks. 

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #4368 on: November 09, 2017, 09:35:54 AM »

They only missed each other cause CO2 was wearing his reflective wrap-around shades so Dave Stepz avoided him  :cheesy:

Went to an English village yesterday with my students.  One of the foreign teachers there was teaching with reflective wrap-around shades on.  Who the hell teaches with shades on?

I heard that CO2 is so cool that the shades wear him.  Not sure what that means, but I've written it now, and I'm not going to go back and delete.  So there it is.  Right. 

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #4369 on: November 09, 2017, 10:27:32 AM »
I heard that CO2 is so cool that the shades wear him.  Not sure what that means, but I've written it now, and I'm not going to go back and delete.  So there it is.  Right.

Are you throwing shade? Let me frame it through a lens you can understand, for clarity's sake. We almost made contact, but the optics weren't great. It wasn't an oversight, it was nearsightedness.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #4370 on: November 09, 2017, 11:43:05 AM »

Are you throwing shade? Let me frame it through a lens you can understand, for clarity's sake. We almost made contact, but the optics weren't great. It wasn't an oversight, it was nearsightedness.

In my vision of the garden, even though the irises were abundant and the pupils that I went with were not lazy, I began to wonder.  However, in the cornea of the building I was not blind to the shades on the teacher. 

:sad: 

Offline travelinpantsgirl

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
  • It is as it never was...
« Reply #4371 on: November 09, 2017, 02:18:14 PM »

In my vision of the garden, even though the irises were abundant and the pupils that I went with were not lazy, I began to wonder.  However, in the cornea of the building I was not blind to the shades on the teacher. 

:sad:
This thread is amazing! lol
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4372 on: November 09, 2017, 03:27:51 PM »
I kinda love the new red tab up top that says "I am Lost"  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline 미국인병

• Veteran
  • Prince of the PC방
« Reply #4373 on: November 10, 2017, 09:39:24 AM »
I kinda love the new red tab up top that says "I am Lost"  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Next to it should be a bigger red button that reads Who The Hell Are These People?

The contents within take on to an article entitled The Cencus of Waygook: How to know your CO2s from your Mr.DeMartinos -- And Everyone In Between!

Offline travelinpantsgirl

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • The Legend
  • It is as it never was...
« Reply #4374 on: November 10, 2017, 10:21:42 AM »
Found out today that last period has been bumped up to end at 3:50 rather than 4:40 and I am pondering sneaking out at 4:00...and when I say sneak, I mean strolling out, all casual like...lol. Would you do it? It was bumped up because the students have to clean the school and classrooms for suneung.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 10:23:27 AM by travelinpantsgirl »
Ignoranţa este adesea o boală fatal şi cretin nu poate fi vindecata.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Tangled Up In 주
« Reply #4375 on: November 10, 2017, 10:37:30 AM »

Next to it should be a bigger red button that reads Who The Hell Are These People?

The contents within take on to an article entitled The Cencus of Waygook: How to know your CO2s from your Mr.DeMartinos -- And Everyone In Between!

But Dr. DeMartino is my sock account.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• The Legend
« Reply #4376 on: November 10, 2017, 11:01:00 AM »
Mindblowing fact: Not only is DeMartino the sock account of CO2, but CO2 is in fact, the sock account of DeMartino.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4377 on: November 10, 2017, 11:56:35 AM »
The local 7/11 has started putting sweetcorn in those hotdogs.  :sad:

Kakao taxi app has been ruined by that new update. Firstly; it won't work without privacy settings turned on (which i never do to save battery and for privacy) and secondly they've made it so the language defaults to the phone operating language which on my phone is English but I prefer to use Korean cos it's more accurate than shitty English.
Going away golfing excitedly venturing to somewhere unknown carefree knowing my youthful demeanour is craving ketchup.

Offline 미국인병

• Veteran
  • Prince of the PC방
« Reply #4378 on: November 10, 2017, 12:14:44 PM »

But Dr. DeMartino is my sock account.

Mindblowing fact: Not only is DeMartino the sock account of CO2, but CO2 is in fact, the sock account of DeMartino.

Then who the hell is Pecan?!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #4379 on: November 10, 2017, 12:19:18 PM »
Then who the hell is Pecan?!

Just a nut. 

So I think this cake is meant for sharing but I'm totally eating it all by myself.   :evil: