October 17, 2018, 07:14:44 PM

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 785823 times)

Offline Conner42

• Veteran
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2880 on: February 27, 2017, 12:20:18 PM »
No idea how to watch the Academy Awards right now when I'm in China...my dad is having to tell me what's going on right now. Life feels a little empty now...

And now for the oscar award-winning film Suicide Squad
:laugh: :P :laugh: :P :laugh: :P

This is pretty much the reason why I watch the Oscars. There's just no telling what will happen, haha
Remember: KEU-RAY-EUN-POP

Offline Conner42

• Veteran
« Reply #2881 on: February 27, 2017, 01:23:41 PM »
Following up from my last post, yep! You cannot make this shit up!

The one year I miss the Oscars...
Remember: KEU-RAY-EUN-POP

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2882 on: February 28, 2017, 08:12:49 AM »
I watched The Red Pill (2016 documentary) last night and it was really good!  So interesting.

Anyone else see it?

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #2883 on: February 28, 2017, 08:18:37 AM »
I just made an origami whale. That totes amused me.

Now I'm sticking it on a random teacher's desk. I want to see how long it takes before it gets tossed, but I'm hoping for a big investigation before then.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 08:21:17 AM by Chinguetti »

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2884 on: February 28, 2017, 08:27:54 AM »
Too lazy to look for the happy thread haha

TODAY IS MY LAST DAY !!! I'll probably stick around Korea until May but NO MORE NET LIFE !!!

Offline Skyehawks

• Featured Contributor
  • Veteran
« Reply #2885 on: February 28, 2017, 08:31:54 AM »
Too lazy to find rant thread. So officially I am supposed to be on vacation today (last day of renewal vacation). I haven't been to sleep because I wasn't planning on being here till Thursday and when I go on vacation my body switches to night owl mode aka sleep during the day up all night kinda thing. Get a call yesterday, where am I? I am like.... I am on vacation.... that thing the vice principal signed off on.... So now I am exhausted, tired, cranky, hot/cold, and my coteacher hasn't even shown up yet.

WTF. I coulda been sleeping

Offline Skyehawks

• Featured Contributor
  • Veteran
« Reply #2886 on: February 28, 2017, 08:33:43 AM »
On another note. Found a decent Uno app. Better than nothing. I ran out of netflix shows to watch.

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2887 on: February 28, 2017, 08:34:19 AM »
Too lazy to find rant thread. So officially I am supposed to be on vacation today (last day of renewal vacation). I haven't been to sleep because I wasn't planning on being here till Thursday and when I go on vacation my body switches to night owl mode aka sleep during the day up all night kinda thing. Get a call yesterday, where am I? I am like.... I am on vacation.... that thing the vice principal signed off on.... So now I am exhausted, tired, cranky, hot/cold, and my coteacher hasn't even shown up yet.

WTF. I coulda been sleeping
Wait, so did they cut short your vacation? If it was signed off on, why did you go in?

Offline Skyehawks

• Featured Contributor
  • Veteran
« Reply #2888 on: February 28, 2017, 08:35:25 AM »
Because in all honesty, I just don't even want to go there. I have a decent relationship with my school, and I would like to re-sign next year too. So every little point counts.

Offline denimdaze

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2889 on: February 28, 2017, 08:38:29 AM »
I'm happy that deskwarming will end and I'll be back into a routine.  :smiley:

Also, this year I will  teach the 3rd graders at my middle school.  I've taught them since they were 1st graders, so no problem there. 

On a different note, it's supposed to rain tomorrow.  Maybe if March comes in like a lion, it'll go out like a lamb.  I want an early spring.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 09:01:53 AM by denimdaze »

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2890 on: February 28, 2017, 08:55:55 AM »
Because in all honesty, I just don't even want to go there. I have a decent relationship with my school, and I would like to re-sign next year too. So every little point counts.

Why didn't you just remind them you are on vacation and say you are in a different city? (Not meant to sound like an attack. I'm pretty good at lying, which I know is not necessarily a good trait, but sometimes it comes in handy.)

Offline Skyehawks

• Featured Contributor
  • Veteran
« Reply #2891 on: February 28, 2017, 09:08:46 AM »
because all my neighbors are my students... they know when i am home

Offline DMZabductee

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2892 on: February 28, 2017, 09:10:45 AM »

TODAY IS MY LAST DAY !!! I'll probably stick around Korea until May but NO MORE NET LIFE !!!

Congrats! What's your plan after may?

I have to say I'd love to quit my job for a few months and just travel around but I don't wanna start at the bottom again. I feel that I've got a good couple schools so I'd be sacrificing  a good gig for what would basically just be a long vacation where I spend all my money.  :cry:

Comeplety unrelated but I think it's a crime that no one's snatched up that kakao muzi doll that someone is selling in the buy/sell section. I mean where else could you even find a thing like that in Korea??!!  :P

Offline Skyehawks

• Featured Contributor
  • Veteran
« Reply #2893 on: February 28, 2017, 10:09:15 AM »
someone talk to me. I am bored out of my mind. we are using the same textbooks so all my games and plans work from last year just use them with the new grades.

i am in a building by myself. I have walked around the school 5 times, met the new vice principal and one teacher, played badminton in the gym....

why am i here?

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2894 on: February 28, 2017, 10:30:01 AM »
someone talk to me. I am bored out of my mind. we are using the same textbooks so all my games and plans work from last year just use them with the new grades.

i am in a building by myself. I have walked around the school 5 times, met the new vice principal and one teacher, played badminton in the gym....

why am i here?

So the school called you asking where you are but no one is even in your office?!  That's annoying!!

Will they give you back the vacation day?

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #2895 on: February 28, 2017, 10:31:07 AM »

why am i here?

Here's a movie recommendation.

Also, everyone see Hacksaw Ridge. Great film.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2896 on: February 28, 2017, 02:32:17 PM »
because all my neighbors are my students... they know when i am home

Ah... :sad: In that case, I'm sorry.

Offline yirgacheffe

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2897 on: February 28, 2017, 02:33:52 PM »

Congrats! What's your plan after may?

I have to say I'd love to quit my job for a few months and just travel around but I don't wanna start at the bottom again. I feel that I've got a good couple schools so I'd be sacrificing  a good gig for what would basically just be a long vacation where I spend all my money.  :cry:

Comeplety unrelated but I think it's a crime that no one's snatched up that kakao muzi doll that someone is selling in the buy/sell section. I mean where else could you even find a thing like that in Korea??!!  :P

Grad school in the fall! :D I'll be pursuing a masters in linguistics. I'm feeling a bit rusty but I've been reading my old textbooks and trying to look at recent publications so... I hope I do okay. :laugh:

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2898 on: March 01, 2017, 04:15:40 PM »
Grad school in the fall! :D I'll be pursuing a masters in linguistics. I'm feeling a bit rusty but I've been reading my old textbooks and trying to look at recent publications so... I hope I do okay. :laugh:
Hey, best of luck! If all goes well, I will be starting grad school this May (MA in Tesol) here in Daegu. Hopefully I can juggle this with my 3 new schools, Bball league, and a wedding!  :huh: :cry:

Oh, and of course all of my pointless Waygook posting.  :azn:

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2899 on: March 02, 2017, 06:30:21 AM »
Endured a 13 hour flight filled with a near nonstop wailing baby 2 rows away.

Then got to port and en route got a text alert informing me that all ferries are canceled today. Whoops. Naught to do but try again tomorrow...

On the bright side, Westworld was on the plane's entertainment selection so I tried it out and got hooked from episode one. And I don't mind bumming around on the mainland today though Idk how my school will feel. Prob woulda been wiser to return a day sooner but one can't predict the weather months in advance.