October 17, 2018, 07:15:03 PM

The 2018 Korea TESOL International Conference: Focus on Fluency
Meet new people. Learn new things. Become a better teacher! Join us October 13 & 14 for the 26th annual Korea TESOL International Conference at Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul.
koreatesol.org/ic2018

Author Topic: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.  (Read 785823 times)

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
Re: A thread for pointless Friday ramblings.
« Reply #2180 on: November 24, 2016, 03:27:40 PM »
Bojack, Peep Show, Black Mirror
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2181 on: November 24, 2016, 03:38:12 PM »
And if you like British humor, the IT Crowd is great! It's one of my faves.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2182 on: November 24, 2016, 03:47:12 PM »
As for the tv stuff, I love Scrubs! That and Psych are both good choices. Community has always been my favorite of the NBC sitcoms, followed by Parks and Rec. Some other good ones to look up are Fresh off the Boat, Brooklyn Nine Nine, or Bobs Burgers if you're looking for light and short.

Second Bob's Burgers, it's one of my favorite animated shows atm.

Which brings to mind Archer. Love that series, too.

Archer!! A guilty pleasure of mine. I need to watch the later seasons, I've only seen up to the point where they move.

Offline Imogen1991

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2183 on: November 24, 2016, 05:18:00 PM »
Also beat someone on my ps4 golf game yday and he threatened to come to England and kill me (erm, only about 5000km out mate). Quite funny when I was laughing at him down the mic and he got more and more angry. First thing I did was google his play station name and the top result is his address, telephone number and email address from an estate agent website. Second thing I did was google mine and nothing came up.

What should I send him for Christmas?

Offline The Arm

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2184 on: November 24, 2016, 06:12:52 PM »
Imogen1991  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nice  8)

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2185 on: November 24, 2016, 07:59:03 PM »
DUDES.

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #2186 on: November 25, 2016, 07:04:10 AM »
The Thick of It is always good for a bit of British swearing.  As I love Armando Iannucci, I loved watching Veep.  I just finished the fifth series which was good, but the first four series are excellent.

Jonad!  The J Dog!

Actually, I'd go as far as to say that Jonah 'The Human Scaffolding', is one of my favourite characters in a long long while. 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 07:20:56 AM by Dave Stepz »

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2187 on: November 25, 2016, 08:00:11 AM »
Going to a Korean friend's house on Sunday to cook up some basic Thanksgiving food for her and her family. Not gonna **** with a bird, so we're just going to order a whole cooked chicken from a chicken place, and then I'm gonna make stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and I think I've been roped into making a blueberry pie after saying how easy it is to make them.

I have no idea what to make for a vegetable though. I've heard green beans are expensive and my friend hates carrots. Thoughts?

Offline Dave Stepz

• The Legend
« Reply #2188 on: November 25, 2016, 08:07:41 AM »
Going to a Korean friend's house on Sunday to cook up some basic Thanksgiving food for her and her family. Not gonna **** with a bird, so we're just going to order a whole cooked chicken from a chicken place, and then I'm gonna make stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and I think I've been roped into making a blueberry pie after saying how easy it is to make them.

I have no idea what to make for a vegetable though. I've heard green beans are expensive and my friend hates carrots. Thoughts?

Braised red cabbage.  Fry some onion in a saucepan, chop up the red cabbage, and add a peeled, chopped apple, some vinegar and then water, salt and pepper and then cook for a while.  You can add spices like cinammon if you have it.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2189 on: November 25, 2016, 08:08:13 AM »
Corn? Caramelized carrots?

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2190 on: November 25, 2016, 08:53:57 AM »

Braised red cabbage.  Fry some onion in a saucepan, chop up the red cabbage, and add a peeled, chopped apple, some vinegar and then water, salt and pepper and then cook for a while.  You can add spices like cinammon if you have it.

Ooh, that sounds like an excellent backup plan if the beans are expensive. Thank you!

@yirj - my friend HATES carrots with a passion. It was my first thought too. I'll ask what she thinks about corn but corn is kinda weird in Korea

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2191 on: November 25, 2016, 09:02:15 AM »
There's so much random corn on things that I thought it'd be a safe bet, hahaha

Ooo what about creamed spinach?

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2192 on: November 25, 2016, 09:13:34 AM »

I just made creamed spinach for the first time a couple months ago and it was so good!

YoungMin

« Reply #2193 on: November 25, 2016, 09:20:12 AM »
Also beat someone on my ps4 golf game yday and he threatened to come to England and kill me (erm, only about 5000km out mate). Quite funny when I was laughing at him down the mic and he got more and more angry. First thing I did was google his play station name and the top result is his address, telephone number and email address from an estate agent website. Second thing I did was google mine and nothing came up.

What should I send him for Christmas?

Very nice.

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2194 on: November 25, 2016, 09:37:24 AM »
Some coworkers just came to the office bearing gifts-- snacks heated drinks from the local mart.  8)

Debating whether to venture into the city for a Thanksgiving meal. Thinking I might. Shame the restaurant is only doing it tonight and not Saturday as well. But I might take early leave so as to get there in time

Offline moonbrie

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2195 on: November 25, 2016, 09:49:47 AM »

I just made creamed spinach for the first time a couple months ago and it was so good!

Is spinach easy to find? I admit I don't go grocery shopping that much.

Offline samgakji

• Adventurer
« Reply #2196 on: November 25, 2016, 09:55:06 AM »

Some coworkers just came to the office bearing gifts-- snacks heated drinks from the local mart.  8)

Debating whether to venture into the city for a Thanksgiving meal. Thinking I might. Shame the restaurant is only doing it tonight and not Saturday as well. But I might take early leave so as to get there in time

Ok guys, you've done it. This thread can now be shut down. Pointless Friday ramblings has been achieved

Online kyndo

• The Legend
« Reply #2197 on: November 25, 2016, 10:08:32 AM »
Ok guys, you've done it. This thread can now be shut down. Pointless Friday ramblings has been achieved
No! We can go deeper, further, more pointless! I know it!

Offline yirj17

• The Legend
« Reply #2198 on: November 25, 2016, 10:10:40 AM »
No! We can go deeper, further, more pointless! I know it!

Pointlessly pointless inception?

Offline HaLo3

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2199 on: November 25, 2016, 12:17:17 PM »

Oh yeah, it's super easy. It's everywhere!